Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Global Domination

nightbird

....at a change of subject...Mrs Alis, I'm struggling to find a mature post from you anywhere on the board huh.gif Please keep it in check, because eventually a moderator is going come come flying down on you like a bat out of hell, and nobody wants that tongue.gif Least of all you, I'm sure.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• Stellar

• wunarmdscissor

• Falco Rex

Well, if it makes anyone feel better. This same thing happened at a Kerry rally up here in New Hampshire earlier this year. Some anti-Kerry people were out of line and got arrested. But it wasn't all over the news because he's not president. (Yet wink2.gif ) I think in a volatile political climate where extreme hatreds are running rampant the level of tolerance for individual freedoms is bound to be reduced..

I'm not saying it's a good thing, but life is harsher than we might wish sometimes..

Unpopular decisions are made sometimes. And like I said, even if they're the wrong ones in retrospect; at the time they seem like they were the right thing to do. Picture yourself as secret service agent with a job you may have to die for guarding one of the most unpopular presidents ever. Now all of a sudden in addition to everything else you have protesters who just don't make things any easier on you..

I think maybe your frustration levels would be through the roof, and you may well overreact too. Again, I don't think this was right. But I understand..

Wow that was just wrong Alis. I think you need a more fully formed opinion yourself before you start flaming other members..

Edited by Falco Rex

reese may be a political goddess to some, to others u r a ******** with the same IQ of ur president bush. What is it 70 or something? A real jenius to become ruler of a country.

Alis, whoah there...

I totally understand getting upset about political debates, I really do...Maybe a little break might be in order? A little cooling off period before your next post?

Just a thought...

I'm so tired of people on here bashing the U.S. for everything we do. And not one of your countries are any better than ours, wheather it be past mistakes or present, each and everyone of your countries have had their share of wars, for reasons that were either right or wrong. And God forbid anything were to happen to any of your contries, and you needed aid, exactley who would you go to for it? Don't get me wrong, I'm not in support for the war in Iraq, but I do support our troops and my country. Ya'll always focus in on the bad, and never the good things our country does. I think the best plan of action for our country to take, was best said by the comedian Robin Williams:

THE ROBIN WILLIAMS PEACE PLAN

> >

> >This may very well be the best thought out item we have read since

9/11/01.

> >Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan ... what we

> >need

> >now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this message.

> >

> >I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan

for

> >peace. So, here's one plan.

> >

> >1. The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their

> >affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, Noriega,

> >Milosovich and the rest of those good ol' boys: We will never

"interfere"

> >again.

> >

> >2. We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with

> >Germany, South Korea and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We

> >would

> >station troops at our borders. No one sneaking through holes in the

fence.

> >

> >3. All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and

> >leave.

> >We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be

> >gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or where they

are.

> >France would welcome them.

> >

> >

> >4. All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days

> >unless given a special permit. No one from a terrorist nation would be

> >allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide

> >here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more

cab

> >drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

> >

> >5. No "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they

> >don't

> >attend classes, they get a "D" (for "deport") and it's back home baby.

> >

> >6. The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy

wise.

> >This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will

> >require

> >a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will

> >have

> >to cope for a while.

> >

> >7. Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for

> >their oil. If they don't like it, we go some place else. They can go

> >somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells

filling

> >up the storage sites would be enough.)

> >

> >8. If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we

will

> >not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever for seeds, rain,

cement

> >or whatever they need. Besides, most of what we give them is stolen or

> >given

> >to the Army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.

> >

> >9. Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island some place. We don't

> >need

> >the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make

a

> >good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

> >

> >10. All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way no one

can

> >call us "Ugly Americans" any longer. The language we speak is

> >ENGLISH.....learn it...or LEAVE...

> >

> >Now, ain't that a winner of a plan.

> >The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying "Give me your poor, your tired,

> >your huddled masses." She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, "You

want

> >a piece of me?"

was best said by the comedian Robin Williams

I remember the days when Robin Williams was still classed as a 'comedian'.

Hmm, Alis, how do you know Bush's IQ is low? Plz, tell me. Have you ever talked to him? Is it because he's not good with public speaking? How about before you judge his faults, judge your own. I'm sure theres stuff you're not good at, and I bet you're not trying that hard to improve yourself on it either. At least Bush is trying to improve his public speaking skills. Just look at any recent speech or interview with him... not much grammar errors anymore is there?

PPL, please, just stop with the "His grammar is bad that means he is dumb" crap.

Edited by Stellar

I'm sure theres stuff you're not good at, and I bet you're not trying that hard to improve yourself on it neither. At least Bush is trying to improve his public speaking skills. Just look at any recent speech or interview with him... not much grammar errors anymore is there?

Maybe you should attend the same gramma coaching as the Prez? whistling2.gif

was best said by the comedian Robin Williams

I remember the days when Robin Williams was still classed as a 'comedian'.

Regardless. and besides the point. I've noticed a lot of people from England bashing the U.S. and I don't know if you guys are aware, but YOU HAVE TROOPS OVER THERE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!! And if Americans aren't "innocent" people because of this war, neither are you.

Edited by crystal3rose

reese may be a political goddess to some, to others u r a ******** with the same IQ of ur president bush. What is it 70 or something? A real jenius to become ruler of a country.

The fact that you even had the nerve to talk about anyone else's IQ is extremely 'jenius' in it's own right.... This is way to easy........

As far as me being a political genius, Everyone knows Falco was being sarcastic..

Reese

Edited by reese2

Alis,

As already mentioned, your continued participation in this discussion requires that you conduct yourself appropriately and civily. Spewing insults at other members who disagree with you isn't acceptable nor tolerated, you'd do well to temper your responses in the future.

MM

Maybe you should attend the same gramma coaching as the Prez? whistling2.gif

Listen bud, I'm talking on a message board and I dont pay attention to which mistakes I put as long as I type it fast and people understand me. I'm not here to impress anyone with my grammar skills and I'm sure that if I wanted to pay attention to my grammar, it'd be better than yours. Alright?

Thing is in our defense we havent done it for 60 years we wont hopefully make mistakes like nthat again.

America is just repeating the mistakes that france , britain , spain , portugal, and russia have already made, at least we have became civilised enough to realise that empires have no place.

I doubt highly that after the Iraq DEBACLE and thats what it is, britain will not be gettin involved in any future hairbrained bush schemes, the public support simply isnt there.

60 years is nothing... seriously - there are still people who lived back then, and they are not that old.

But it isn't 60 years too:

France was at the prime of it's colonialism in the 50s, using the "burnt soil" tactics in Algeria.

They were involved in Vietnam War in the 60s.

They supported and harbored Ayatolah Ali Khumeini in the 70s, the fanatical muslim who later in 1979, established the current Islamic regime in Iran.

They built the Iraqi nuclear reactor during the 70s and the early 80s.

The Germans were selling chemical weapons to Iraq in the 70s and 80s, which were used to kill thousands of Kurds and tens of thousands of Iranians.

The British fought half a globe at Falkland in the 80s. Now they are fighting with the U.S in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Spain and Portugal were fascist until 1975.

Greece was fascist during the 70s.

And we can't possibly forget the Yoguslavian wars of the 90s, when Neo-Nazis from all over western Europe came to fight on the Croatian side, while European planes backed them from above in operation Storm. The last Nazi tank assualt was not in 1945, but in 1995, when Neo-Nazis drove soviet tanks of the Croatian army to kill Serbs.

And the Bosnians who were supported by the European nations, while Al-Qaeda was fighting on the Bosnian side.

And ofcourse the Serbs themselves who built concentration camps, giving the world a photos in color of European concentration camps.

That was only 4 years ago.

Russia is currently massacring the Chechens, already killed 75% percent of the Chechen people (and don't get me wrong... I don't sympethize with the Chechens, who btw use Al-Qaeda Chechen terrorists against the Russians).

And anyways - the Russians became democracy only 15 years ago, only to become dictatorship again this year (after Putin passed a law which forbids demonstrations in public places, and another law which takes all the athurities in country under his jurestiction - meaning that parliament is useless, and there is no seperation between court, law making, and law execution).

So Europe have done it's shares of mistakes, very recently as well.

This just proves my point - every country makes mistakes.

So Europe have done it's shares of mistakes, very recently as well.

This just proves my point - every country makes mistakes.

Yeah, but barring one or two people, none of the Europeans deny these, but there are a lot of US posters who seem to have this idea that the US is incapable of doing wrong. huh.gif

Anyway, haven't we gotten away from the topic at hand which is about the immediate future and not the past. huh.gif

No one said the U.S. could do no wrong! Obviously, that's not true. I'm against the war, I've stated that, I think it's very wrong that we're over there, many of my close friends are risking their lives, and for what? All I'm saying is take a look around you before you belittle someone elses country. Yes, we may be over there, and we definatley started it, but your soldiers are standing over there, right next to ours.

No one said the U.S. could do no wrong!

Actually if there wasn't couple of gun-ho Americans who have said something along the these lines then I wouldn't say it huh.gif

Obviously, that's not true.

Obviously rolleyes.gif

I'm against the war, I've stated that,

I was for it, I just can't stand how it was handled.

All I'm saying is take a look around you before you belittle someone elses country.

I haven't ever belittled our country, I beleive there are only about 2 or 3 people on this site who are actually Anti-American. The rest of us are against this gun-ho, America's better than you and always saving your a$$ and doing good that is has been prevalent in some threads as of late. huh.gif You need to learn, there is a difference in objecting to this later view and hating America. tongue.gif

Yes, we may be over there, and we definatley started it, but your soldiers are standing over there, right next to ours.

Indeed, and neither I or anyone else from the Coalition as far as I'm away has ever denied this. huh.gif

Edited by Talon S.

No one said the U.S. could do no wrong!

Actually if there wasn't couple of gun-ho Americans who have said something along the these lines then I wouldn't say it huh.gif

Obviously, that's not true.

Obviously rolleyes.gif

I'm against the war, I've stated that,

I was for it, I just can't stand how it was handled.

All I'm saying is take a look around you before you belittle someone elses country.

I haven't ever belittled our country, I beleive there are only about 2 or 3 people on this site who are actually Anti-American. The rest of us are against this gun-ho, America's better than you and always saving your a$$ and doing good that is has been prevalent in some threads as of late. huh.gif You need to learn, there is a difference in objecting to this later view and hating America. tongue.gif

Yes, we may be over there, and we definatley started it, but your soldiers are standing over there, right next to ours.

Indeed, and neither I or anyone else from the Coalition as far as I'm away has ever denied this. huh.gif

Sorry, that wasn't meant to be directed twards you. It's just, I've been reading these posts all day, from people who are just putting ALL Americans down, saying the people here aren't "innocent", and our country is trying to take over the world, and we're helping. I'm just saying we're not all bad, but some people are making us out to be. I love my country, and all my friends over seas, and the rest of our troops who are over there against their wills, but it's not our fault their over there (and by "our" I mean us regular citizens). And some people on these threads, cannot tell the difference between the common people and our government. Sorry again.

Sorry, that wasn't meant to be directed twards you.

Well thats good to know, grin2.gif I have a habit of taking things way to personally and think everyones out to get me tongue.gif

It's just, I've been reading these posts all day, from people who are just putting ALL Americans down, saying the people here aren't "innocent", and our country is trying to take over the world, and we're helping.

Its more an attack on Bush, when people say America's actions they are talking about the actions of the government and the army etc as its the most obvious aspect of the US. We all know (with 1 or 2 exceptions) that most Americans aren't War-mongers and that not all of you are amongst this fanatical 'America has no faults' period ideology etc. Its just, Bush.... we foreigners hate that guy tongue.gif

I'm just saying we're not all bad, but some people are making us out to be. I love my country, and all my friends over seas, and the rest of our troops who are over there against their wills, but it's not our fault their over there (and by "our" I mean us regular citizens). And some people on these threads, cannot tell the difference between the common people and our government.

Again, most of can its just when we use America as its the actions taken by America, but we know the average person has no say. Trust me I tend to look at Fluffybunny or Stillcrazy's posts as an example of the average Americans as opposed to some others. wink2.gif There are 1 or 2 people who do have negative thoughts for all Americans, but I think they were blasted some pages back in this thread. grin2.gif

If it helps, I don't think many of the British here are exactly thrilled at Tony Blair's current running of our country. grin2.gif

Edited by Talon S.

I'm so glad this was posted. The US can blow up the entire world and this is what most of you are afraid of. You are afraid that the US might lose control.

Since Sept. the 11th, this is how it is.

Thank God for Dick Cheney. I realize that we are being critized...but you know, any one of you would do the same thing... or any one of your countries would do the same thing, if you were given the opportunity (and power) to do so. Yes, I think that we are imperialists... or colonists, at heart, and I think that that part never really left the American character. I am proud of our character and our nation...

...and want to say... LONG LIVE THE U.S.A.

Listen bud, I'm talking on a message board and I dont pay attention to which mistakes I put as long as I type it fast and people understand me. I'm not here to impress anyone with my grammar skills and I'm sure that if I wanted to pay attention to my grammar, it'd be better than yours. Alright
?

Meoww!!

Good come back! whistling2.gif

Yes, I think that we are imperialists... or colonists, at heart, and I think that that part never really left the American character. I am proud of our character and our nation...

Babs, that does not make you sound too good!

My God! I spend a lot of good time and trouble trying to reverse the negative American stereotype and trying to get everyone to get along and then Babs posts something like that..

*Bangs head on wall* wacko.gif

Yes, I think that we are imperialists... or colonists, at heart, and I think that that part never really left the American character. I am proud of our character and our nation...

LOL so you want to be an imperial dictatotship that enslaves innocent people?????

By the way thats the old British character your describing, when america was a colony it was british or French people who were the colonists, so what your saying is youve never moved on from our past................ ok wacko.gif

Im glad you cleared that up for us babs lol.........true colours an all that. eh.

My God! I spend a lot of good time and trouble trying to reverse the negative American stereotype and trying to get everyone to get along and then Babs posts something like that..

*Bangs head on wall*

Don't worry Falco, you Stillcrazy and Fluffybunny will continue to shine on as the face of the rational, sane America currently obscured behind the Bush Administration. thumbsup.gif

*Bangs head on wall* 

I feel for you i really do

Don't worry Falco, you Stillcrazy and Fluffybunny will continue to shine on as the face of the rational, sane America currently obscured behind the Bush Administration. thumbsup.gif

Hey..don't forget me! tongue.gif