Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Global Domination

nightbird

yeah thanks talon lol

Edited by wunarmdscissor

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• Stellar

• wunarmdscissor

• Falco Rex

I'm just trying to figure out whether Bush should be cast as Pinky or the Brain...

easy! just take brains body and stick pinkys brain in it! and POOF! our prez tongue.gif err no offence to who ever likes him lol

Bush is the evil genius at the center of a world destroying conspiracy, yet he's also the dumbest guy ever... something doesn't sit right

My God! I spend a lot of good time and trouble trying to reverse the negative American stereotype and trying to get everyone to get along and then Babs posts something like that..

You know, it seems to be an uphill battle at times.

I feel like I need to put an attorney on retainer to create all of the legal disclaimers that follow posts like Babs and job...

Ughhh... blink.gif

Again... Awesome performance Reese!!! I bow to the Political Goddess!!! thumbsup.gif

*Nxt2Hvn Salutes Babs* cool.gif

Edited by Nxt2Hvn

Bush is the evil genius at the center of a world destroying conspiracy, yet he's also the dumbest guy ever... something doesn't sit right

lol you're not the only one who notices it.

I'm sorry I upset the apple cart. wink2.gif

No matter what you say, Talon, we don't need Bush to have these views. Many people had these views before Bush came on the scene, he just stands for them... And for the people with the views.

And someone said that Bush was dumb and things didn't add up. rolleyes.gif Cheney is running the country...and Cheney is pulling the strings.

Oh, and I'd like to add that these are my views...I don't speak for bathory or joc or anyone else on this forum; I thought you guys would like to hear from 'all' of America.

Edited by Babs

And someone said that Bush was dumb and things didn't add up.  Cheney is running the country...and Cheney is pulling the strings.

bush just goes on tv, screws up his words, does his little 1/2 wave and looks like a 6 y/o boy.

and collin powell's son is slowly stamping out our freedom of speech... disgust.gif *grumbles*

I think we are imperialists and colonists, at heart... scratch the surface; I didn't say we were practicing colonists or imperialists. We believe in democracy. We had to do what we had to do, back then in our history. And if we have to be the world policeman today...so be it. We will do what we need to do to survive.

If push comes to shove, we will push and shove. What country wouldn't? We are going to look after our own interests...if we don't look after our own interests, who will? ohmy.gif Remember 911.

I seem to remember people laughing and jeering, saying we somehow deserved what we got on 911. Funny, I don't see anyone laughing now.

All of you seem to want to sway the American policy or public, Talon shucks it all off to 'Bushism'. He seems to think that all we have to do is get rid of Bush (and his administration) and everything will fall into place. That won't change things, Talon...the people will still be here and so will 911. This country sees the world through 911 eyes and you can't change that. You would do better to hurl your criticisms at the rightful parties_the terrrorists. ph34r.gif The terrorists did all of this.

I don't hear anyone criticizing them.

Edited by Babs

All of you seem to want to sway the American policy or public, Talon shucks it all off to 'Bushism'. He seems to think that all we have to do is get rid of Bush (and his administration) and everything will fall into place. That won't change things, Talon...the people will still be here and so will 911. This country sees the world through 911 eyes and you can't change that. You would do better to hurl your criticisms at the rightful parties_the terrrorists.  The terrorists did all of this.

Er I’m sorry Babs, who are you? For someone who seems to think she knows a lot about what I’m thinking I’m guessing we at least met, but I just can’t think were.

Anyway, since you asked… rolleyes.gif or more stated, I don’t think its all due to Bush. Since so many of you on this cite there are obviously more who support his beliefs (or at least support him cause he’s the President, and would equally support anyone who was President even if their views were completely opposed to Bush’s). However, no matter how many of you support him, it doesn’t automatically make him right. tongue.gif

If push comes to shove, we will push and shove. What country wouldn't? We are going to look after our own interests...if we don't look after our own interests, who will?

Whether you like it or not you have to realise other people’s interests count just as much as America’s.

Funny, I don't see anyone laughing now.

huh.gif Er… I was laughing just now cause Pretty Sammy is on and I find it funny. Does that count?

However, no matter how many of you support him, it doesn’t automatically make him right.  tongue.gif

No matter how many of you dont support him, it doesnt automatically make it wrong. tongue.gif

Whether you like it or not you have to realise other people’s interests count just as much as America’s.

To America? No. To America, other countries interests are secondary to Americas. And that counts for any country. Canada, UK, France, Germany, Russia... The leaders arent there to look out for other countries... they are there to look out for their own.

No matter how many of you dont support him, it doesnt automatically make it wrong.

No, but you can admit to him having flaws as well as strengths. tongue.gif

To America? No. To America, other countries interests are secondary to Americas. And that counts for any country. Canada, UK, France, Germany, Russia... The leaders arent there to look out for other countries... they are there to look out for their own.

Indeed, but the US as a super-power which has a history of involving itself in the affairs of others cannot take this action. Look at the actions of Super-powers of the past who went into other nations took there resources and left them a mess. Hardly fair. They US shouldn’t follow the same pattern, or at least not if its wanting to be the symbol of freedom etc.

Well, I agree, Bush has his flaws. He's not the best prez. But right now... the choices arent that thrilling are they? I still think Powell should be prez. He'd be a great prez.

Anyway, the US isnt really invading, taking the resources, and leaving the country in a mess. the US has invaded Iraq. Its using Iraqi oil revenues to pay for rebuilding, and even now, after Saddams capture, the US is still there protecting them from a civil war. The US will be there until the Iraqi government doesnt want them there anymore it said.

Anyway, the US isnt really invading, taking the resources, and leaving the country in a mess. the US has invaded Iraq. Its using Iraqi oil revenues to pay for rebuilding,

That’s questionable, but not an issue for this topic. Actually I wasn’t even thinking of Iraq, I was just saying in general.

My point is that America as a superpower has liberties which a small country like Malta can’t have, but equally a small country like Malta has liberties a superpower like America doesn’t have. One of these is not worrying about the interests of others. A small country like Malta can afford to look out for its own affairs as it has little influence in the world in general. However a superpower cannot. A superpower’s actions effect the world, it effect other countries stability, their economies, their politics, their environment, their freedom. Just by being a superpower, the US has so much influence on other nations interests that it can’t afford to only care or look out for its own.

Its price of being powerful. With great power comes great responsibly*. The question is, is America willing to be responsible?

* Stolen straight out of Spider-man

When you return, might you have done some homework on the leaders and their agenda in your native Iran???

Suppose he could say the same to you about america reese eh?

This is exactly the problem.

You see to a lot of americans the rest of the world is secondary which means in tehir phsyce we are below you.

This is where the whole "your with us or against us" attitude comes into play.

Why is it that you have the right to decide the line where someon is with or aagainst you?

Where is it that america draws the line?

If a country has icy political ties and arms itself for defeence then why not??

Why does America have more right to defend its interests over France?

America has to be the one who draws the line because we've come to the conclusion that we can not trust everyone. Obviously a contry hostile to the US wont say "We're against you" they'll say "We're with you" and then overtly or covertly backstabb the US.

Suppose he could say the same to you about america reese eh?

Let's just pretend for a second that you said it, Wun... What do you propose I need to learn about America?

Its price of being powerful. With great power comes great responsibly*. The question is, is America willing to be responsible?

Talon, I think that untill 9/11, most Americans didn't want to influence other countries.

Most Americans wanted only to succeed in America, build their life, etc.

The republicans themselves traditionally represented the isolators, the ones who do not support for American intervention.

Then came 9/11, and shoock the American people. They started to understand that they must intervene, because their power causes other forces to envy the American wealth, and to hate it.

So we have to give them some time - it's been only 3 years. It takes times to realise that although you have to influence other countries for your own safety, you can't like the whole world is under American rule.

3 years is really nothing.

And I'm sure that all of you were attacking America for it's actions over seas before 9/11, while back then most Americans couldn't care less about the middle east or Bin Laden.

I hold the Iranian "govt" in as much disregard as you do reese. However i have about as much time for george bush as i do for them.

I do however hold the vast majority of americans in a high regard ,contrary to what you may believe.

I believe that the american govt is decieving the rest of the workd (or poorly attempting to), however in george bush they do not have a man with the intelligence to pass it off.

Before you ask me exactly how do i know how intelligent he is , i have witnessed it in countless interviews (mostly on world events how confidence inspiring) where he has been absolutley flumoxed, IE: his infamous interview in which chechnya was the major issue.

His actual IQ scores have also been widely supported.

I also believe that the american govt is fuelled by shadowy big business' IE OIL and Tobacco Companies.

These are just a couple of reasons why i used the above quote.

You see to a lot of americans the rest of the world is secondary which means in tehir phsyce we are below you.

Why does America have more right to defend its interests over France?

So are you saying that your country would put other countries needs before their own? I doubt it. It's normal to put your countries needs before those of other countries, that's what leaders are supposed to do, that's why they get elected, to help their own people. I'm not going to vote for someone who's motto is "Everyone else comes first", that's ridiculous.

So are you saying that your country would put other countries needs before their own? I doubt it. It's normal to put your countries needs before those of other countries, that's what leaders are supposed to do, that's why they get elected, to help their own people. I'm not going to vote for someone who's motto is "Everyone else comes first", that's ridiculous.

So why moan about france doin it to you then lol lol lol lol its so hypocritcal.??????????????????????????????????????????????????

When did she do that?

i was talkin about in general not one person, the american public.

Edited by wunarmdscissor

America has to be the one who draws the line because we've come to the conclusion that we can not trust everyone. Obviously a contry hostile to the US wont say "We're against you" they'll say "We're with you" and then overtly or covertly backstabb the US.

Which leaves every other country in the position of not being able to trust the US if that’s its attitude. And if that’s the case, why shouldn’t we be the ones to draw the line, since America’s population is only a minority of the world’s.

Talon, I think that untill 9/11, most Americans didn't want to influence other countries.

Most Americans wanted only to succeed in America, build their life, etc.

The republicans themselves traditionally represented the isolators, the ones who do not support for American intervention.

Then came 9/11, and shoock the American people. They started to understand that they must intervene, because their power causes other forces to envy the American wealth, and to hate it.

So we have to give them some time - it's been only 3 years. It takes times to realise that although you have to influence other countries for your own safety, you can't like the whole world is under American rule.

3 years is really nothing.

And I'm sure that all of you were attacking America for it's actions over seas before 9/11, while back then most Americans couldn't care less about the middle east or Bin Laden.

What most Americans want or wanted is irrelevant, what’s relevant is what their government has done and will do regardless of its citizens wishes. And as for 9/11, please the US has long before that invaded or sent the CIA to interfere in the borders of other nations. It is the world’s biggest polluter and yet Bush refuses to place controls on industry. It is the figure of the west, and its actions reflect not just on itself but also Europe, Canada, Australia etc

America’s influence is vast, like it or not it has to think of others as much as itself.