Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Global Domination

nightbird

Which leaves every other country in the position of not being able to trust the US if that’s its attitude. And if that’s the case, why shouldn’t we be the ones to draw the line, since America’s population is only a minority of the world’s.

Why is that? Why would they not be able to trust the US. And you know what? Maybe that would be an acceptable attitude. What if it was the attitude, and that attitude is what prevented another terrorist strike? Politics isnt about being fair, it isnt about being nice, it is about being the best.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• Stellar

• wunarmdscissor

• Falco Rex

Why is that? Why would they not be able to trust the US.

Why should they trust the US, you just said the US doesn't trust them? huh.gif

And you know what? Maybe that would be an acceptable attitude. What if it was the attitude, and that attitude is what prevented another terrorist strike? Politics isnt about being fair, it isnt about being nice, it is about being the best.

Not being nice? Being the best? That kind of attitude has caused imperialism, occupation, colonialism, slavery, racism, elitism, poverty, war, death, destruction, famine.

It this what you wish Americas legacy to be?

If I were in your place I would rather my country be remembered as the nation that looked beyond its own borders and saw the suffering its power could cause through egocentrism and made use its power for the good of all, not just those born to a single nation.

But I guess that’s idealistic dreaming.

Why should they trust the US, you just said the US doesn't trust them? huh.gif

I never said the US should not trust all countries... but there has to be a line somewhere on which countries to trust and which not to. And the ones on the wrong side will just have to deal with it... they wont have to trust the US neither. Countries like France, Germany, Russia, Canada, those kinds of countries, are with the US. Countries like Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan... those were not with the US. The US has to decide by the attitude of the other countries and the intelligence it has on them and its political relationship with them if it should trust them or not. I dont see how else it should be. I'm not saying the countries not with the US should all be invaded though... dont make that mistake.

Not being nice? Being the best? That kind of attitude has caused imperialism, occupation, colonialism, slavery, racism, elitism, poverty, war, death, destruction, famine.

That kind of attitude also braught a man to the moon, and an end to colonialism, slavery, racism, poverty, death... You have to face it, politics is about being the best.

We may not want it to be like that, but right now it is, and it'll be damn hard to change that... If you dont want it to be like that... you dont have a problem with just the US... you have a problem with world politics... with the politicians of the world, not just the US. The only reason the US stands out more is because the US IS the best when considering its military. I feel it necessary to mention that changing the current political system, while wanting a change for the best, can gravely hurt a country and its people if theres one small mistake... because other countries will quickly take advantage of the change.

It this what you wish Americas legacy to be?

No, I dont. But also, dont exagerate. Many of those things are dead.

If I were in your place I would rather my country be remembered as the nation that looked beyond its own borders and saw the suffering its power could cause through egocentrism and made use its power for the good of all, not just those born to a single nation.

Would you? For the most part... it'd be easy for you to succeed... all you would have to do is be in my place because thats what my nation IS doing. I dont think my nation has so much power that it could cause such great great suffering as I think you mean though...

Would you? For the most part... it'd be easy for you to succeed...

Thanks for your vote of confidence in me thumbsup.gif

Countries like France, Germany, Russia, Canada, those kinds of countries, are with the US.

Yet the US government is obssessed with changing the names of basic products because it has the names of any countries such as France and Germany, because they shw criticism of its wars. huh.gif

all you would have to do is be in my place because thats what my nation IS doing.

Many would disagree. I would advise just giving a try to looking from the outside in rather than inside out a go.

I dont think my nation has so much power that it could cause such great great suffering as I think you mean though...

Then you have no idea just how much power a superpower like America has

That kind of attitude also braught a man to the moon, and an end to colonialism, slavery, racism, poverty, death... You have to face it, politics is about being the best.

Actually most changes came as an afront to government and authority. Civil disobience has brought around some of the most fundamental changes in history.

Plus, poverty still is abundent. The US has so much food a wealth it can waste them on making much of its population fat and throw the rest away, while millions can be spent on building nuclear weapons which which must never ge used. Meanwhile, in poverty stricken nations millions starve, the majority of the world's population live in poverty. All because they had the misfortune to be born in a country lacking in resources, while others sit happily growing fat because they had everything handed to them on a plate.

I think its more capitolism trying to streach its tentacles across the world, and since capitolism controlls the US and US foreign policy, the americans are just the vehicle being used to gain world domination.

grin2.gif

Yet the US government is obssessed with changing the names of basic products because it has the names of any countries such as France and Germany, because they shw criticism of its wars. huh.gif

That I dont agree with... but that wasnt Bushs order neither like some claim it was. That action was really childish.

Btw, out of curiosity... what german product was renamed? All I remember was Freedom Fries ( laugh.gif )

Many would disagree. I would advise just giving a try to looking from the outside in rather than inside out a go.

Oh dont worry, I am doing that... and I dont think many would disagree.

Then you have no idea just how much power a superpower like America has

I have a very good idea of how much power a superpower like the US has.

Actually most changes came as an afront to government and authority. Civil disobience has brought around some of the most fundamental changes in history.

Yes I know... but the politicians themselves had to cope with that and be the best candidate, and make the people believe that he is the best person for the job and will support their beliefs.

Plus, poverty still is abundent. The US has so much food a wealth it can waste them on making much of its population fat and throw the rest away, while millions can be spent on building nuclear weapons which which must never ge used.

Oh, sorry, well, I meant poverty within the country. And I do agre... whats the point of getting new nuclear weapons? How much times does the world want the planet destroyed in the event of a nuclear war? 33 times? I dont think anyone will get to destroy the world another 32 times after its destroyed the world the first.

Meanwhile, in poverty stricken nations millions starve, the majority of the world's population live in poverty. All because they had the misfortune to be born in a country lacking in resources, while others sit happily growing fat because they had everything handed to them on a plate.

And you know whats sad? The fat people feel it more necessary to keep eating all that makes them fat instead of giving the food to a charity which will feed the hungry.

Btw, out of curiosity... what german product was renamed? All I remember was Freedom Fries (  )

Heinz, which I think is a US company, huh.gif just has a German name. tongue.gif And they brought in W Ketchup, 'which only has one flavour, American thumbsup.gif '

... Dear god, who cares rolleyes.gif

huh.gif Well at least half our posts are agreeing with each others, I'll take that as a compromise of views cause otherwise we'll be here all day, week, month etc tongue.gif

A compromise? I'm right about my country...

For a guy who's into hard facts, that's sure an ironclad statement of personal belief. I doubt anyone here knows the whole truth about their respective governments and what they get up to.

I'm just saying, Talon went out of his way to be nice and try to kill an argument and that seemd pretty antagonistic on your part. Why get too bothered about all this? It's not like anybody will change anyones' mind when it comes to religion and politics..

lol

*wonders when someones gonna ask what my country is...*

OK, what's your country? I'm guessing Canada..

yeah, ur right. Talon, I'm sure, was betting that I was american.

Btw, out of curiosity... what german product was renamed? All I remember was Freedom Fries

During WW1, the name of the Frankfurter suasage was renamed to Hot Dog original.gif .

Heinz, which I think is a US company, just has a German name. And they brought in W Ketchup, 'which only has one flavour, American

It's not because of it's German name, it's because of the family name of Kerry's wife (if I'm not mistaken).

yeah, ur right. Talon, I'm sure, was betting that I was american.

I never really gave the issue a thought, but I did think you were a woman until Falco said you were a guy huh.gif

Im about to add my gender to my profile right now then

Well, I'm American, and I thought that Freedom Fries were pretty stupid.