Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Workers paint line over squashed hedgehog

Still Waters

A worker painted yellow lines over a squashed hedgehog rather than move it off the road.

Shocked mother-of-four Allison Hart could not believe the dead animal was not removed by the painters, who blitzed Hartlepool streets ahead of hundreds of thousands of visitors arriving to see the Tall Ships Races.

She was shown the hedgehog with a yellow stripe across its flattened belly outside the home of her mother-in-law Margaret Mcleod in Hart Lane.

The 37-year-old, who works in a florist and fruit shop, took a picture on her mobile phone and has shown it to disgusted customers.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cluey

• Wolfpower

• woopypooky

• Cryptozological Mascot

From the article:

'''Someone walking with a liner went over the hedgehog with yellow paint.

'They knocked on people's doors to get them to move their cars, but whoever did this didn't even ask for a shovel to move the poor hedgehog.'

'All they had to do is kick it to one side.'

'It's shocking really.'''

Is it? Is it really shocking? In this day and age someone finds it shocking that someone would just go about their business and not worry about roadkill?

It's so smooshed how they could tell it was a hedgehog is beyond me.

They painted over a tiny dead creature on the road... WELL I NEVER.

Man, conditioning is a very weird thing.

British road workers painted yellow lines over a squashed hedgehog because they could not be bothered moving the animals corps.

media link

What is the big deal? It's road kill and like the person before me said they probably didn't even see it.

:lol:how could you not see a squashed hedgehog????.....look at the pic.......if you can't see that....your blind,lol

The city commission went on to say that they thought their painters were "A smashing success." :devil:

• 4 weeks later...

i think the issue is not with the squashed hedgehog. but line markings should be painted on the road pavement. after the corpse decompose, the marking will be gone.

The poor thing... LOL if you ask me I think they should paint the yellow line under the Hedgehog Not over it :rofl: Exept if you planning to keep it part of the road :devil:

''The whole town went double yellow line mad for the Tall Ships.

''They have done an exceptional job.

I like these 2 the best :devil: