Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Chupacabra" Skeleton

Saru

This photograph was taken recently of some alleged Chupacabra remains in Spain.

user posted image

The discovery of a strange looking skeleton has caused stir in the small Puerto Rican town of Jayuya. The bizarre skeletal remains were found last Tuesday, December 24 at approximately 1:30 in the afternoon. The remains were found at a construction site in a barrio near the area of Utado by two boys: Angel Edgardo Oquendo, a six-year-old, and his older brother Sixto, a ten-year-old.

The full article on the subject of the remains can be found at the below link - the text is unfortunately in Spanish.

http://www.primerahora.com/noticia.asp?gui...4F3CA6FA91894C9

Check the posts below for a translation of the text contained in the article.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magikman

• Saru

• Althalus

• Space Moose

After a brief observation, they noticed that the dead animal did not have feathers, hair, nor wool. They later realized that the animal did not have upper extremities, nor wings; it only appeared to have lower legs.

the creature would appear to measure approximately two feet in height. Judging its strange physical appearance, the creature would seem to have had used its legs to stand up and walk, like an ordinary biped animal. However, its legs appeared to be supported by THREE long bones, and it had visible claws on its feet. The bone structure of the legs clearly shows that the creature was able to jump considerably high.

funny looking then by all accounts

Its backbone appeared to be curved and leaning forward.

the backbone seems to fit what other descriptions say about it. although it has no hair, when all the eye witness accounts say it does.

It had long fangs in the upper jaw and two smaller ones in the lower jaw. The mouth, the teeth, but particularly the jaw width and thickness clearly showed that the animal was a carnivore,

the teeth would seem to indicate a meat eater, which would be correct but el chupacabras is also supposed to drain the blood without leaving any marks other than the puncture wounds.

• 4 weeks later...
This photograph was taken recently of some alleged Chupacabra remains in Spain.

user posted image

The discovery of a strange looking skeleton has caused stir in the small Puerto Rican town of Jayuya. The bizarre skeletal remains were found last Tuesday, December 24 at approximately 1:30 in the afternoon. The remains were found at a construction site in a barrio near the area of Utado by two boys: Angel Edgardo Oquendo, a six-year-old, and his older brother Sixto, a ten-year-old.

The full article on the subject of the remains can be found at the below link - the text is unfortunately in Spanish.

http://www.primerahora.com/noticia.asp?gui...4F3CA6FA91894C9

Check the posts below for a translation of the text contained in the article.

SOY DE PUERTO RICO Y LES PUEDO DECIR QUE LO DEL CHUPACABRAS SI ES CIERTO. PROVENGO DEL PUEBLO DE TOA ALTA Y EN MI PUEBLO HA HECHO SUS APARICIONES TAMBIEN. ES COMO SI FUERA UNA ESPECIE DE VAMPIRO, PERO NO DEJABA NI A UN SOLO ANIMAL VIVO.

huh.gif

Well, that certainly cleared everything up. blink.gif

Wait a minute, did she say she was a Vampire Chickie? wub.gif

bounce.gifbounce.gifbounce.gif

wiggle.gifwiggle.gifwiggle.gif

I think that's the first post I've seen that's not only in a completely different language, but is also completely written in upper case letters.

wink.gif

Anyone here able to translate it into English for us ?

rolleyes.gif

Here's a rough translation using Babel Fish;

"I AM OF Puerto Rico And I CAN SAY THAT THE ONE To THEM Of the CHUPACABRAS IF IT IS CERTAIN. I COME From The HIGH TOWN OF TOA And IN MY TOWN IT HAS MADE ITS APPEARANCES ALSO. IT IS AS IF OUTSIDE A SPECIES OF VAMPIRE, BUT DID NOT LEAVE NOR A SINGLE ALIVE ANIMAL."

unsure.gif

• 3 weeks later...

okay this thing is just scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but it must be fake with the right artist you can create a mummy it even said on the mummy roadshow!

user posted image

what shoul my avatar be this or my one i'm using??

• 2 weeks later...

I think it might be a small rodent of some sort.... look at the curved face and the nose..... that or a dog or cat..... smile.gif

I found a dried up cat on the side of the road once. This is what it looked like. Do they not have cats in Puerto Rico?

Guest Guest

I Think The Name "Chupacabra" Is Cool ............ But Dont You Usually Call Your Cat Smokey Or Fluffy ? Or Summot Like That ? blink.gif

Guest Saiyon

mellow.gif If it matters. Heres a more fluent translation.

"I am from Peurto Rico and I can tell you that of the Chupacabras is true. I originate from the town of Toa Alta , and in my town it has made many apppearences. It is as if was a type of Vampire , but it did not leave a single animal alive."

huh.gif he biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to recall seeing that picture on artbell.com long before the date of that report. I can't prove that right now though, so don't read into that too much.

I would think that they would be able to test samples from the critter and figure out what it is or at very least what it is not. Since it hasn't been picked up by a more reputable source in the past couple of months, I think it would be safe to say this was nothing more than a hoax.

• 1 month later...
Guest amazed

the strangest thing about these remains is that even though they were found in spain, which is located in europe, was found in puerto rico which is a caribbean island, so how something dead traveled such a huge distance?.....that's a MYSTERY!!!!!! laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Whats so cool about dog bones? Did I miss the president's speech on dog bones? wacko.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Isn't it interresting that they eye sockets seem to still have tissue? Tell me again why I believe this is a real one.

Yuk .. that is one ugly thing .. unsure.gif

It really has big teath too .. wacko.gif

Thanks to God it is dead .. rolleyes.gif

Now that I have had a while to think of what this is, I am going to suggest some sort of hairless mammal, although not human (obviously). I would suggest perhaps a dog, which I base on the ears and the dentition.

It is obvious however that there is some sort of covering on the skull which I am going to guess is the skin of the critter.

I will leave it open that it could be something like a lemur perhaps (although it doesn't seem to match...) or any other small mammal, but rest assured, it is no Chupacabra.

Hmmm....I vaguely remember stumbling upon a dead cat when I was younger that looked quite like this...........could it be? No.....it just couldn't.

YEP! I'd say dried up, decomposed body of a cat. whistling.gif