Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Signs of regrowth seen in oiled marshes

AROCES

By CAIN BURDEAU and JEFFREY COLLINS (AP) – 1 day ago

BARATARIA BAY, La. — Shoots of marsh grass and bushes of mangrove trees already are starting to grow back in the bay where just months ago photographers shot startling images of dying pelicans coated in oil from the massive Gulf oil spill.

More than a dozen scientists interviewed by The Associated Press say the marsh here and across the Louisiana coast is healing itself, giving them hope delicate wetlands might weather the worst offshore spill in U.S. history better than they had feared. Some marshland could be lost, but the amount appears to be small compared with what the coast loses every year through human development.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hZ4brYL67KfzOPe-6Jx-gDt73h7QD9HHIJLG3

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leah G.

• AROCES

• lightly

• ohio traveler

Top Posters In This Topic

And what about the pelicans? Are those coming back to life too?

Edited by conspiracybeliever

I'm glad there is regrowth but I'm not so sure it's good enough. From what I understand the oil sunk and is on the bottom of the gulf floor, the impact might be more evident later down the road. Let's hope for the best though and maybe the pelicans will recover.

And what about the pelicans? Are those coming back to life too?

Yup, they will come back as well. I don't think they will be joining your doom and gloom propaganda, keep asking for more money from BP and protest off shore drilling.

Edited by AROCES

Does anyone know? Aren't the what they are calling "Dispersants" actually designed to attach to the Oil and make it sink???? .. just asking if anyone KNOWS how that stuff works.

i do know one thing.. dead animals/creatures don't make comebacks.

Edited by lightly

That is good news.

And I'm definitely not a doom and gloomer. And I understand that accidents do and will happen. But there are no excuses if BP deliberately and knowingly cut corners when it came to safety precautions just to save a few bucks. I don't care how much profit they make. Just don't go on the cheap when it comes to preventing leaks and blow-outs.

Does anyone know? Aren't the what they are calling "Dispersants" actually designed to attach to the Oil and make it sink???? .. just asking if anyone KNOWS how that stuff works.

i do know one thing.. dead animals/creatures don't make comebacks.

Well, no one is really talking resurection, but a few years ago wolves were endangered and now their not and same goes with eagles, of course I think they had a little help. If left alone things usually come back. Oh please, no dinosours though.

I think you are correct on the dispersants, I think they did make them sink, that's what I was talking about in a previous post, maybe I wasn't clear, sorry. I heard that on the news too.

Well, no one is really talking resurection, but a few years ago wolves were endangered and now their not and same goes with eagles, of course I think they had a little help. If left alone things usually come back. Oh please, no dinosours though.

I think you are correct on the dispersants, I think they did make them sink, that's what I was talking about in a previous post, maybe I wasn't clear, sorry. I heard that on the news too.

Thanks Hatch, i thought that was the case.... sorry I missed your earlier post. SO.... that means that BP has mainy been trying to sink the oil out of sight and keep it off the coasts/beaches..( and out of the headlines as much as possible) , and hide their deadly mess. While the entire process.. dispersants included, is described as a "CLEAN UP" ..Pardon me while i throw up. :wacko:

*but.. i don't know which is worse.. sinking it or letting it hit the coasts. Neither would be best.

Edited by lightly

Thanks Hatch, i thought that was the case.... sorry I missed your earlier post. SO.... that means that BP has mainy been trying to sink the oil out of sight and keep it off the coasts/beaches..( and out of the headlines as much as possible) , and hide their deadly mess. While the entire process.. dispersants included, is described as a "CLEAN UP" ..Pardon me while i throw up. :wacko:

*but.. i don't know which is worse.. sinking it or letting it hit the coasts. Neither would be best.

Yea, I know what you mean but I think the despersants will probably make it break down faster and the Earth has a way of making lemonaid out of lemons. No matter what anyone says, the oil came from the Earth and has come up naturally before and she took care of it then and she will again.