Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

It's Time to Get Tough on Iran

Persia

Now?

The International community have been provided approximately 4.5 billion dollars in financial aid to the Palestinian Authority since 1994. Straight from the Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the arab countries provide the PA with 45 million US dollars a month while the EU provides them 8 million. Where does this money go? In humanitarian expenses unfortunately because they haven't got a chance to build their own economy because Israel blockades them.

Also, just to put it in perspective, the US has been providing Israel with financial aid since 1949 (approximately 84 billion US and an extra 9 in loan grants). In the last 2 years they've provided Israel with more financial aid than the whole world community has given the PA in 16 years.

Some interesting articles from My link Moon. But I'm sure you knew a lot of it.

Israel's GNP is higher than the combined GNP of Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, the West Bank and Gaza. With a per capita income of about $14,000, Israel ranks as the sixteenth wealthiest country in the world;Since 1949 the U.S. has given Israel a total of $83.205 billion.

The interest costs borne by U.S. tax payers on behalf of Israel are $49.937 billion, thus making the total amount of aid given to Israel since 1949 $133.132 billion. This may mean that U.S. government has given more federal aid to the average Israeli citizen in a given year than it has given to the average American citizen. I am angry when I see Israeli settlers from Hebron destroy improvements made to Shuhada Street with my tax money. Also, it angers me that my government is giving over $10 billion to a country that is more prosperous than most of the other countries in the world and uses much of its money for strengthening its military and the oppression of the Palestinian people.

Even excluding all of these extra costs, America's $84.8 billion in aid to Israel from fiscal years 1949 through 1998, and the interest the U.S. paid to borrow this money, has cost U.S. taxpayers $134.8 billion, not adjusted for inflation. Or, put another way, the nearly $14,630 every one of 5.8 million Israelis received from the U.S. government by Oct. 31, 1997 has cost American taxpayers $23,240 per Israeli.

The US aid/loan/military subsidy chestnut has been covered on this forum many times so I am not going through it all again here. Did I miss the bit in your post about aid to the palestinians from the oil arabs ?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moon Monkey

• MARAB0D

• Black Red Devil

• Knight Of Shadows

The US aid/loan/military subsidy chestnut has been covered on this forum many times so I am not going through it all again here.

Well, you were keen to discuss it when you asked this question!

I don't think you would have to delve very deep into the internet to find a link about financial support to the palestinians. Hasn't another $8 billion recently been pledged ?

:lol: Do you only wish to discuss the aid given to the Palestinians and totally ignore the overwhelming riches Israel has been given for the last 60 years? It's a could tactic I'd have to say. Well in line with how your Govt operates considering it's fooled the american public for so many years. Poor buggers, they never realised they were subsidising with their taxes the16th wealthiest country in the world and their Govt has been providing more aid to each Israeli citizen than it has to their own.

Did I miss the bit in your post about aid to the palestinians from the oil arabs ?

Yeah you did.

Straight from the Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the arab countries provide the PA with 45 million US dollars a month while the EU provides them 8 million.

The US aid/loan/military subsidy chestnut has been covered on this forum many times so I am not going through it all again here. Did I miss the bit in your post about aid to the palestinians from the oil arabs ?

By then way, you haven't answered my question.

4) That depends on which chance you are talking about 46, 67, 79, 94, 2006 or now ..... facts on the ground change.

At which, I asked... Now.

Edited by BlackRedLittleDevil

Well, you were keen to discuss it when you asked this question!

I don't think you would have to delve very deep into the internet to find a link about financial support to the palestinians. Hasn't another $8 billion recently been pledged ?

:lol: Do you only wish to discuss the aid given to the Palestinians and totally ignore the overwhelming riches Israel has been given for the last 60 years? It's a could tactic I'd have to say. Well in line with how your Govt operates considering it's fooled the american public for so many years. Poor buggers, they never realised they were subsidising with their taxes the16th wealthiest country in the world and their Govt has been providing more aid to each Israeli citizen than it has to their own.

I was simply replying to your statement that the palestinians get no financial aid. Now you know they do.

Yeah you did.

Straight from the Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the arab countries provide the PA with 45 million US dollars a month while the EU provides them 8 million.

Doesn't seem much support for their brethren, the US alone gives the palestinians a similar ammount but hey ho.

I don't think you really want to understand the US aid to the region issue and if you do, do some reading and get a fuller picture. It is not as simple as the US gives money and always has done, end of story, there are a range of arrangements as to whether they are loans, gifts, subsidies and a range of reasons as to why they were given.

If you are interested these links are worth a quick read:

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL32260.pdf

http://www.iasps.org/strat11/strategic11.pdf

By then way, you haven't answered my question.

At which, I asked... Now.

Abbas has the chance for direct peace talks, Now. However without elections and with Hamas still running the strip it is difficult for him and his team to speak for all the palestinians as a single voice. Still there is a chance if they want to take it.

Moon Monkey ,Is true M.Abbas is a Bahai man ?! Is true he is a rich man and his shoes cost 400 $ ?

I was simply replying to your statement that the palestinians get no financial aid. Now you know they do.

Sure and now you know that Israel gets a lot more and has been for a lot longer.

I don't think you really want to understand the US aid to the region issue and if you do, do some reading and get a fuller picture. It is not as simple as the US gives money and always has done, end of story, there are a range of arrangements as to whether they are loans, gifts, subsidies and a range of reasons as to why they were given.

If you are interested these links are worth a quick read:

http://www.fas.org/s...ast/RL32260.pdf

http://www.iasps.org...strategic11.pdf

Wow! The same links I've provided in the past to prove the overwhelming financial assistance Israel has been given by the US (militarily and economically) compared to the Palestinians and at the same time buying out Egypt, Syria and Jordan financially so they could ignore the suppression and discrimination caused on the civilian population. Is this what you're suggesting I need to understand?

Sure and now you know that Israel gets a lot more and has been for a lot longer.

I always knew. I never said they didn't.

Wow! The same links I've provided in the past to prove the overwhelming financial assistance Israel has been given by the US (militarily and economically) compared to the Palestinians and at the same time buying out Egypt, Syria and Jordan financially so they could ignore the suppression and discrimination caused on the civilian population. Is this what you're suggesting I need to understand?

Good stuff. I just thought I would give you an overview, but obviously you don't need it. Anyhoo as I said we have been over the aid thing many times before so maybe dredge up one of the old threads (maybe the one where you discussed those two papers) or if you have some current news about aid start a new thread and let this one go back on topic ... :sleepy:

Edited by Moon Monkey

I always knew. I never said they didn't.

Good stuff. I just thought I would give you an overview, but obviously you don't need it. Anyhoo as I said we have been over the aid thing many times before so maybe dredge up one of the old threads (maybe the one where you discussed those two papers) or if you have some current news about aid start a new thread and let this one go back on topic ... :sleepy:

Fine with me.