Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Speeding drivers attempt to raise ghost of

Still Waters

IT could be one of the most bizarre reasons ever offered by a speeding driver - "A ghost made me do it''.

But that is exactly the story being put forward by superstitious motorists hitting speeds of up to 180km/h on a road north of Newcastle, supposedly to conjure a ghost.

Port Stephens police have issued a warning to drivers after it emerged that young people were driving at dangerously high speeds along a stretch of Lemon Tree Passage Rd to conjure the spirit of a 20-year-old motorcyclist killed in a crash with a speeding driver in the area three years ago.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Belial

• Alladar

• Eldorado

• JohnSage

I was literally just reading this... How bizarre some people are.

Ha!...people are really dumb(in Antoine Dodson's voice)

I am just amazed at how easy it is for people to get drivers licenses. I don't know about Australia but in the US it seems you only need to be 16 and have a pulse. Oh and if you fail they let you keep trying until you pass. No wonder there are so many crashes and deaths on the road. This story just reiterates how deranged people are. I wouldn't doubt that some of them were telling their friends on their cell phone. Hey Dude! Guess how fast I'm going?

The combination of speed, stupidity and cell phones happens all the time and these people actually believe they can drive just fine while talking on the phone when the truth is they can't even drive when fully focused.

Getting a drivers license should require a lengthy class with numerous tests both written and road. Furthermore, no multiple choice or true/false. When I got my license in PA many years ago the written test was verbal. A state trooper would verbally administer the test to you and you had to give the correct answer. There was no MC or T/F. I guess those days are gone.

How do they know its not just someone on a bike in the distance who then takes a different road off in another direction?

I bet they would have crapped their pants if the ghost appeared once they got caught lol

I bet they would have crapped their pants if the ghost appeared once they got caught lol

Stories like this make me glad I'm taking the bus. I'm wondering if they're taking video with their cell phones and texting their friends all at the same time?LMAO :hmm:

First the UFO and came the "sparking vampire" and now its a ghost?! Would people stop blaming the paranormal! Excuses won't work.

How do they know its not just someone on a bike in the distance who then takes a different road off in another direction?

I was thinking the same thing! :P

At speeds of 180km/h, instead of conjuring a ghost, they'll become one. Geez. There are other ways to communicate with the dead.

I am just amazed at how easy it is for people to get drivers licenses. I don't know about Australia but in the US it seems you only need to be 16 and have a pulse. Oh and if you fail they let you keep trying until you pass. No wonder there are so many crashes and deaths on the road. This story just reiterates how deranged people are. I wouldn't doubt that some of them were telling their friends on their cell phone. Hey Dude! Guess how fast I'm going?

The combination of speed, stupidity and cell phones happens all the time and these people actually believe they can drive just fine while talking on the phone when the truth is they can't even drive when fully focused.

Getting a drivers license should require a lengthy class with numerous tests both written and road. Furthermore, no multiple choice or true/false. When I got my license in PA many years ago the written test was verbal. A state trooper would verbally administer the test to you and you had to give the correct answer. There was no MC or T/F. I guess those days are gone.

I live in the state of Victoria in Australia and they have made getting your license a whole lot harder. When you are 16 you get a learners permit (if you pass a question & answer test) and can only drive with someone who has a FULL license. Then once you are 18 and have had 120 hours of driving including 10 hours of night time driving you can go for your Hazards which is a stimulation in which they judge you on how you would react to situations on the road. Then you do a driving test, you move on to red P plates and can only have 1 passenger at a time and various other rules, then after a year if you have had no driving violations you move onto green P plates and then eventually you go onto your full lisence. Actually a pretty long task to get your license haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I can just see every other vengeful spirit standing around the water cooler in the Amityville breakroom kicking themselves thinking "Geez, here we are working our ecto plasm off trying to drive people insane so that they kill themselves, and it turns out all we need to do is tell them they have to engage in life threatening activities in order to conjure us up, and not only will they do it, but they do it willingly and in large groups? And the only proof we need to provide in order to ensure they keep doing it is a vauge easily explainable light in the distance?"

• 4 weeks later...

Well I guess at least they are attempting something in the pursuit of science or with the pursuit of the paranormal.