Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived] Canadians !

JonathanVonErich

Ok I'm from Quebec city, Canada and looks like we don't have a lot of Canadians here on UM. I only know myself, Sarka amd Comrade Funky...so anyone else from Canada besides me, Sarka and Funky ???

Don't be ashame even if you have good reasons to be...

^_^

Edited by JonathanVonErich
  • Like 2

Ok I'm from Quebec city, Canada and looks like we don't have a lot of Canadians here on UM. I only know myself, Sarka amd Comrade Funky...so anyone else from Canada besides me, Sarka and Funky ???

Don't be ashame even if you have good reasons to be...

^_^

What am I, chopped liver :P

A few more off the top of my head. Acidhead,Corp,Thanato,Relle... and many more you would be surprised.

Edited by The Silver Thong

We're just being humble and modest...sorry *and apologetic for being so humble and modest* :D Apparently that's how Canadians are supposed to be? I've yet to meet one... :ph34r:

• Like 2

Sorry Silver, didn't knew you were Canadian...my mistake legendary fella...happy to see we are more than 3...

:)

Im a few miles from the Canuck border...and been told that I have a Canadian accent --- does that count? :D

Oh, and I use "eh", a lot too ^_^

lol don't talk about the infamous eh, it's a cliché.....eh.

Well if you have an accent you are one of us i guess...

Im a few miles from the Canuck border...and been told that I have a Canadian accent --- does that count? :D

Oh, and I use "eh", a lot too ^_^

Sure, you can be Canadian too eh, as I consider the U.S. to be our 11 province :w00t:

:lol: Silver

Many Americans think MT is a part of Canada anyways.

Really, I would have never guessed that. Well sister, I now pronounce you Canadian with a splash of American ;) We all are really but shhhhh lol

Oh wait a sec your native chick so ummmm I guess we are you and you are me and together we are Canadian.

Sure, you can be Canadian too eh, as I consider the U.S. to be our 11 province :w00t:

Sometimes I wish...

I have always considered Canada to be USA's geographical hat...and friendly makers of good syrup and coffee.

I still take offense to the use of the term "Canadian Bacon" in reference to "ham". I tried writing the U.N. about it, but I never got past the Canadian Bacon Advisory Council(CBAC)...those boys have people in the right places...shut me right down...

• Like 1

Sometimes I wish...

I have always considered Canada to be USA's geographical hat...and friendly makers of good syrup and coffee.

I still take offense to the use of the term "Canadian Bacon" in reference to "ham". I tried writing the U.N. about it, but I never got past the Canadian Bacon Advisory Council(CBAC)...those boys have people in the right places...shut me right down...

Well as far as bacon goes, you have the market but we get the credit ;) As far as the hat goes, well I equate that to a thinking cap lol and come on, you guys really are our little brother :innocent:

Side note, I don't think I could tell the difference between bacon here or bacon there nor the maple syrup, I don't get it either.

However I will and have to petitioned the UN on Budweiser's claim as king of beers. That I will not sit back and take with out a beer off :lol:

I was in Anaheim a few years ago and went to the best damn pancake house ever. I ate breakfast and dinner there, damn that was good :yes: I can't remember the name of the hotel but it was about half a block from Disneyland and that place just blew my mind. Same side of the street as the Disney Hotel is on half a block down.

You might know it as you live in L.A. Oh and Venice beach wow.

Oh wait try beating the oggopogo :P

Edit

Sorry Fluffy I don't think you are in L.A. anymore but you grew up there.

Really, I would have never guessed that. Well sister, I now pronounce you Canadian with a splash of American ;) We all are really but shhhhh lol

Oh wait a sec your native chick so ummmm I guess we are you and you are me and together we are Canadian.

Hockey! Hellz Yeah!!

Go Flames!

Hockey! Hellz Yeah!!

Go Flames!

Are you hitting on me :wub: LOL Oh how I miss my season tickets <_< Do we get the cup this year, I doubt it damn it. What I love the most about the playoffs is a Canada/USA go at it. When it's two American teams I go errrrrr lol

I lived right there in Anaheim when I was going to college, from my apartment I saw the disney fireworks show every single night, right from my patio that overlooked the pool...

There is some good food around there...There are several places by there I used to eat. the best pancakes I ever had were at the Original Pancake House:

phpic_fullerton.jpg

There are a couple of IHOPS that were mediocre, and a place called Millies that was pretty good...It was kind of a rough neighborhood though when you got away from Disney.

I had a little jeep at the time, and when I lived there, my stereo, speakers and anything else in the car got stolen 4 times in a single year. My storage area got broken into and all my work tools got stolen... I ended up taking everything out, and just leaving the doors unlocked so they wouldn't pop my door locks(120.00 fix). Finally the person got upset and took a knife to my seats in frustration.

After a couple of months my next door neighbor caught the guy in the act of breaking into his car in the middle of the day. He slapped him around and duct taped him up. He admitted to stealing the stereos in the complex; dozens of them. He was arrogant about it. Thought we were all stupid... It took the police 30 minutes to get there, and by the time they did the neighbors were all there, this kid ended up needing an ambulance too. Most of the stereos were recovered in his place; he didn't even sell them...Once everyone was done with him he never touched another car again...his mother claimed ignorance(with like 50 stereos and speakers, and brief cases in his room...

• Like 1

Are you hitting on me :wub: LOL Oh how I miss my season tickets <_< Do we get the cup this year, I doubt it damn it. What I love the most about the playoffs is a Canada/USA go at it. When it's two American teams I go errrrrr lol

:lol:

Oh yeah, I hear ya...USA/Canada playoff match up, good stuff! :yes:

I lived right there in Anaheim when I was going to college, from my apartment I saw the disney fireworks show every single night, right from my patio that overlooked the pool...

There is some good food around there...There are several places by there I used to eat. the best pancakes I ever had were at the Original Pancake House:

phpic_fullerton.jpg

There are a couple of IHOPS that were mediocre, and a place called Millies that was pretty good...It was kind of a rough neighborhood though when you got away from Disney.

I had a little jeep at the time, and when I lived there, my stereo, speakers and anything else in the car got stolen 4 times in a single year. My storage area got broken into and all my work tools got stolen... I ended up taking everything out, and just leaving the doors unlocked so they wouldn't pop my door locks(120.00 fix). Finally the person got upset and took a knife to my seats in frustration.

After a couple of months my next door neighbor caught the guy in the act of breaking into his car in the middle of the day. He slapped him around and duct taped him up. He admitted to stealing the stereos in the complex; dozens of them. He was arrogant about it. Thought we were all stupid... It took the police 30 minutes to get there, and by the time they did the neighbors were all there, this kid ended up needing an ambulance too. Most of the stereos were recovered in his place; he didn't even sell them...Once everyone was done with him he never touched another car again...his mother claimed ignorance(with like 50 stereos and speakers, and brief cases in his room...

Living that close and in College must have been a blast. However the jeep thing total bummer. Oh wait a jeep in Anaheim with cut up seats missing stereo but a surf board on top you must have kept inside would be awesome.

I kept 2 pairs of skies for Banff or lake Loise. A crappy pair and a good pair i wouldn't leave alone. Had some skies stolen. Right now I have a fake security system on my truck and so far so good, fingers crossed.

I do remember seeing that building in the pic you posted but again I didn't venture to far from my hotel so I think it was more of an IHOP type place. I drove to San Diego. I have never been on a highway like that and wow. White knuckle on the way back for some reason. I thought driving on frozen highways was crazy lol.

I love how you guys as a community took care of business, happens here to and as serious as it is. I have mentioned I live in a very ethnic part of town it's not far between weekends we get a show of people yelling and getting back at there relatives in a yelling fight. Asians and Middle easterners have a tendency to be harder on there family members then anything else. It does make for a good show. I saw a women beating her husband up and down the street and I think they must have been from India or Pakistan.

Women don't take as much as some think from that part of the world and I like it lol Nothing like seeing a guy chased out of the house in his underwear LOL

:lol:

Oh yeah, I hear ya...USA/Canada playoff match up, good stuff! :yes:

Hey girl. I just noticed you did the America first / Canada opposed to my Canada/U.S. :angry2: Game on now I tell ya :lol:

Me Canadian as well. Vancouver BC to be exact. Nice to see other fellow Canadians here. Best Country in the World.

Hey girl. I just noticed you did the America first / Canada opposed to my Canada/U.S. :angry2: Game on now I tell ya :lol:

:w00t::rofl:

Wasn't former Philadelphia Flyer/Broad Street Bully Terry Crisp your Head Coach for most of Calgary's "glory days?"

I hear Edmonton is a great place to live...

Wasn't former Philadelphia Flyer/Broad Street Bully Terry Crisp your Head Coach for most of Calgary's "glory days?"

I hear Edmonton is a great place to live...

Ya Crisp was awesome, what Calgary did to him was pretty bad. Won us the cup then fired him lol. He was a character that's for sure. Good memory Mklsgl :tu:

Between Calgary and Edmonton I would have to say Calgary is a nicer city over all. Less industrial her imo. You have family in Edmonton if I remember. They get colder winters to we get the warm chinooks quit often in winter, gives us a nice break.