Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A PsyChic Challenge

Kazahel

Hello everyone,

It's rare for me to start a thread but something has been playing on my mind for quite awhile now and I was hoping to gain a different perspective..

I am generally a quite skeptical person and so I tend to only believe in things after I have witnessed/experienced them for myself. I think this is a good quality to have which is why I am quite understanding of other skeptics. For this reason I wish to post a challenge for the psychics or those who think they may be psychic and are wanting some confirmation. This will of course help me and them.

Personally I find it hard to believe in other psychics even though I have had some experiences myself(which I understand is odd but its just my skeptical nature). I find it especially difficult to believe because of the age we live in. We live now where most things are connected to computers which can be manipulated. So we have things like facebook, emails, Google street views and many other ways in which other people can peek through windows into your life... So people can manipulate your web cams to watch you unaware, for another example and its because of this that I find doubt when others apparently do accurate 'readings'. How do I know they havent just done some manipulative reading or something along those lines before giving a reply?

So I have seen others start threads where they have an object they want the psychics to find to prove themselves but honestly how do I know they arnt just friends trying to play up their abilities.. Or if they name/type the object on a pc how do I know the 'psychic' hasnt just manipulated the pc to find their result(or had someone do it for them)? So you see I am very untrusting of computers in regards to psychics. So I tend to be more believing if someone posts a dream or something which might come true a few days later for everyone to see... because that cannot be manipulated because it is already written down. So I tend to be more from that school than from the 'readings' school. And I tend to think that 'psychic powers' are not from us so much but from another source, so it is humbling to understand you are channeling the source, rather than thinking you are the 'power'.

Anyway so for these reasons I wish to post a challenge and only I will know the result. This way it gives people a chance to convert my skeptical nature and to further test themselves. I have seen this done before on this site and so I would like to set the challange myself which is as follows..

*In my room I have some draws which have nothing in them except for one object. I ask for the psychics to tell me what this object is. And if you get it correct or even close, I shall let you all know with a follow up picture.

whatsintheboxwhatsinthe.jpg

And you will have to trust me to be honest like I have had to trust others who have apparently done this test before.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kazahel

• markprice

• Rick Waid

• Leah G.

I'm intrigued by the notion of psychic abilities as well, Kazahel, although I am skeptical.

I will have a crack at the test, howevere, and say the object is a ball. My first impression was a baseball or softball.

I fully expect to be completely off-the-mark! :P

a phone? :P

of course, that's a complete guess, would be nice to get it right though :D

I doubt you'll get anyone getting it right (although you might through guesswork) or even having a proper go at it, they'll bring out some excuse along the lines of "well, i do have psychic abilities, but it doesn't work like that, etc, etc."

I'm going to take a shot, for fun. I am interested in others and seeing if anyone is right though...

It is a small piece of paper.

I doubt anyone will guess it. Psychics are not as powerful as they claim to be. I'd be amazed if someone gets this right.

Hello everyone,

It's rare for me to start a thread but something has been playing on my mind for quite awhile now and I was hoping to gain a different perspective..

I am generally a quite skeptical person and so I tend to only believe in things after I have witnessed/experienced them for myself. I think this is a good quality to have which is why I am quite understanding of other skeptics. For this reason I wish to post a challenge for the psychics or those who think they may be psychic and are wanting some confirmation. This will of course help me and them.

Personally I find it hard to believe in other psychics even though I have had some experiences myself(which I understand is odd but its just my skeptical nature). I find it especially difficult to believe because of the age we live in. We live now where most things are connected to computers which can be manipulated. So we have things like facebook, emails, Google street views and many other ways in which other people can peek through windows into your life... So people can manipulate your web cams to watch you unaware, for another example and its because of this that I find doubt when others apparently do accurate 'readings'. How do I know they havent just done some manipulative reading or something along those lines before giving a reply?

So I have seen others start threads where they have an object they want the psychics to find to prove themselves but honestly how do I know they arnt just friends trying to play up their abilities.. Or if they name/type the object on a pc how do I know the 'psychic' hasnt just manipulated the pc to find their result(or had someone do it for them)? So you see I am very untrusting of computers in regards to psychics. So I tend to be more believing if someone posts a dream or something which might come true a few days later for everyone to see... because that cannot be manipulated because it is already written down. So I tend to be more from that school than from the 'readings' school. And I tend to think that 'psychic powers' are not from us so much but from another source, so it is humbling to understand you are channeling the source, rather than thinking you are the 'power'.

Anyway so for these reasons I wish to post a challenge and only I will know the result. This way it gives people a chance to convert my skeptical nature and to further test themselves. I have seen this done before on this site and so I would like to set the challange myself which is as follows..

*In my room I have some draws which have nothing in them except for one object. I ask for the psychics to tell me what this object is. And if you get it correct or even close, I shall let you all know with a follow up picture.

And you will have to trust me to be honest like I have had to trust others who have apparently done this test before.

What I am getting is a bird with it's wings up and in the number two drawer...let me know have not done this in a while (over 25 years) dowsing mostly. :D

Edited by curt321

Hello everyone,

Very interesting. I love it. And yes i have done this before and failed very bad. The first thought that came to me was an AIRPLANE. It might be wrong but the thought came quick. Would love to practice more tests like these. They are so much fun. I am struggling with getting anything close right now. But I will follow the test and see who is the true connector. Thank's for the topic.

I'm glad that everyone here is enjoying this thread and having a go. :) I thought it would be good practice and an experiment and just a fun thing to have a go at. So even if you dont think your psychic have a go anyway because you never know, maybe you are. So I would love as many members as possible to just say what pops up in their head when they see the boxes(I'll call them boxes from now on).. and you will get bonus points(of awe)if you can also tell which box the object is in.

So it should only take a second to get a reading or some image pop into your head and if you believe in astral travel you can try that too, be my guest. Do whatever method you believe will give you some insight into the "mystery of the boxes".

After a few more days I will take a picture of what the object is and tell you which box its in(so other members can have a chance to agree with previous posters). And every now and then we can play again "Whats in the Box". B)

Edited by Kazahel

Hello everyone,

I'll play I think it's a paperweight.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

I'm glad that everyone here is enjoying this thread and having a go. :) I thought it would be good practice and an experiment and just a fun thing to have a go at. So even if you dont think your psychic have a go anyway because you never know, maybe you are. So I would love as many members as possible to just say what pops up in their head when they see the boxes(I'll call them boxes from now on).. and you will get bonus points(of awe)if you can also tell which box the object is in.

So it should only take a second to get a reading or some image pop into your head and if you believe in astral travel you can try that too, be my guest. Do whatever method you believe will give you some insight into the "mystery of the boxes".

After a few more days I will take a picture of what the object is and tell you which box its in(so other members can have a chance to agree with previous posters). And every now and then we can play again "Whats in the Box". B)

Mine was a paper airplane. Thanks

Hello everyone,

I will say last box closet to the bottom. It has to be something to do with a piece of paper my senses are telling I do see more now can I say it or not?Please?

Now I get a tri picture that shifts between an eraser, a corn cob and a small stuffed animal :blink:

Edited by StarLord

Hello everyone,

This is something to do with you're life. If I am seeing correct it is some kind of a DIPLOMA of some sort I see the heavier ink and a design on it. If noy a diploma something to do with a certificate like a lawyers certificate. Thanks

can I say it or not?Please?

Thankyou for all who are willing to have a go. And everyone can change their answers as much as they like so long as you end up with a final answer, which would be the last of course. :)

Anyway tomorrow, in time, all shall be revealed into the mystery of the boxes. So if there are any other psychics out there(or just people who wish to see if they are)that actually want to test their skills(and show everyone), now is the time. I personally wouldve thought some of the more outspoken psychics wouldve been keen for a go but maybe this kind of test(over the internet)isnt what they are used to. Or maybe getting it wrong in front of everyone wont look so good on a resume. Where are you Sylvia Browne!? hehe :rofl:

This is a guess using all the psychics guesses, most of these people seem to have a real gift but all see a different part of the right answer.

A globe with an airplane in it used as a paperwieght but was given as an award or with a certificate of accomplishment. In the bottom drawer which looks like the top, I think the file cabinet is upside down.

Hatch.

Hello everyone,

When it comes to things like this i believe it is hard because it is almost like a person asking me a direct question and usually I see what is being shown to me. I only can relay what i see and hear but I have taken many of these kind of tests and never have I got it right. Why is this I ask? I have done the five envelopes and I got stuff about the item but for instance one was a rose and I said it dealt with the color red. It is right but not what it is. So if someone can really get it correct is amazing thing. I can't wait. I would love to do the testing on one of these two. And see what people will say. Thanks again for the great topic.

Okay I am probably wrong, as I am not good with these things, but wish to do more game. I hope that you post more of these in the future to help me grow in this area which I am particurally weak in, while good in person I have not yet mastered perfect focusing on x object in directed place, maybe I never will or perhaps one day I will.

What do I see, well I feel it to be an appearingly dense item from the look, but once held is not that dense,it appears to be a sort of small rubber ball that fits in the palm of your hand and has some 'bouncing' qualities to it, I see part of it to be a mixture of colors sort of faded 'swirling' if you will white and green color that blend into one another. That is what I got though I could be wrong. Thank you, I look forward to doing another one.

(I must admit a day ago I had gotten a play toy dinosaur for some reason...so I find that interesting and wondering why that occured)

Edited by puridalan

I'm going to go for placement as i can not distinguish the shape I'm seeing. Although at first i saw a brown furry toy thing.

Placement wise I think it's currently in the second (middle drawer) sitting to the front right hand side. (thats if you are facing/looking at the drawer)

Edited by SupeRgirl