Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A PsyChic Challenge

Kazahel

Ok well this was the third object.. it was in the middle of the middle box again.

butterflyknife.jpg

It's my favorite knife and I keep it close to me when I sleep so that I may use it in dreams. It's why I dreamt of it only the other night and why my subconscious always knows its there. I also chose a knife this time because I saw in another thread that a knife was used and so I thought I would see if people could guess in my thread. But no luck. Although I guess markprice was kinda close with the radial markings. So an interesting result this time in that regard but I dont think I can give you the prize. So kinda close kinda not but nice effort. B)

Anyway I shall let everyones minds rest for awhile. Thankyou for all who participated and for just those that followed the thread. :)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kazahel

• markprice

• Rick Waid

• Leah G.

I was wrong! Big suprise. I was really hoping this would become more of a discussion than a guessing game. Here is a quote from the other thread that gives my perspective on all of this:

A few more thoughts: for me this is like trying to guess what is inside a box on Christmas, but it is not like that for everyone. Once in awhile there is someone who defies even the most hard boiled skeptic; a good example is someone I have mentioned on this site before: Patricia Sun is the gold standard for psychics as far as I'm concerned. She took a psychic test back when she was in college and got everything right, if I remember corectly. She didn't have to try, she just did it. But not everyone has the same ability. The reason I mention this is because the ability does exist, so the best part about this kind of exercise is to find out if you have that ability, not to try and aquire a psychic ability--I believe you can only hone a pre-existing ability and even then that might not be the strongest psychic gift you have to work with. When someone like Patricia shows up and gets it all right--shocking those conducting the test--it is not because she had anything to prove; it was a way for her to realize what she is capable of: "okay, I'm obviously psychic, so what am I going to do about it?". I think she thought everyone could do it at the time--maybe it was guessing colors and shapes on cards--but only she had her level of ability...I mean we all want to be able to use psychic powers, but what would be the reason for it? To help people is a good enough reason imo, but there are many other reasons and sources of gifts that are not ultimately benevolent. Patricias thought: if it doesn't work every time I will stop doing it. That kind of attitude is probably crucial for her kind of high level psychic ability--it is not hit or miss and so never gets diluted with imagination. So for some it becomes a way of life and for others it is more like guesswork.

I was wrong! Big suprise. I was really hoping this would become more of a discussion than a guessing game. Here is a quote from the other thread that gives my perspective on all of this:

Radial markings was kinda close I thought. And it is somewhat of a discussion thread but no-one else seemed to want to talk about what I was kinda wanting to discuss. Personally I can never trust internet psychics myself unless they tell me something that cannot be found by manipulating a computer through the internet. So I am surprised so many trust so quickly but maybe I guess that is just showing my lack of trust.

Anyway so I do believe in psychic ability thats for sure. Like another example I told before ages ago and I'll never forget was when I went to sleep and dreamed that I was with my girlfriend(at the time)and watching over her and her families shoulders. It was christmas eve I think in real life(or very close to that time)and I was looking at a red christmas stocking that was hanging up by the fire. I could see that it had a baby inside it and the stocking was covered all the way up and I could only see the top of the head of the baby. I could see the baby moving inside the stocking and stretching it and everyone was toasting to the new baby girl and that was pretty much the dream.

Anyway when I woke up I had a message on my mobile phone from my girlfriend to say that she has wonderful news and that her sister was going to have a baby. Her sister had come from over the otherside of the country for christmas and had not told anyone about the news because she wanted to tell them all as a surprise and in person. I hadnt even ever met the sister at all and it was completely out of the blue. So I told my girlfriend that it would be a girl and about the dream and 9mths later it was born a girl.

So I do believe in psychic ability its just I find it hard to believe when its things that can be found in other ways.

Edited by Kazahel

I feel it's a good or at least harmless thing to explore ones psychic abilities, this has been done throughout history, and there are natural barriers to prevent us from going "too far".

There are a lot of confident trickster though, and they are by right pulling down the reputation.

Like a person faking a whip-lash injury to gain support, this does not make the real injuries absent.

I feel it's a good or at least harmless thing to explore ones psychic abilities, this has been done throughout history, and there are natural barriers to prevent us from going "too far".

There are a lot of confident trickster though, and they are by right pulling down the reputation.

I agree and this is why I started this thread. So that people can explore their psychic abilities and so I can at the same time(hopefully)become more of a believer in this sort of version of it. So right now I only see the tricksters(hackers)who are manipulating others computers and pretending to be psychics(I cant help but think that because of things I have experienced online...). So I believe in precog dreaming,creative dreaming(astral magick)some forms of remote viewing(involving death)and tarot because of my own experiences with it but not other forms so much because I havent experienced it first hand. So I setup this thread so I can witness it myself and give credit where credit is due.

Anyway I might as well place another object in the box since I'm posting. So there is another object in the box(and its a new pic taken with the object inside)and everyone is welcome to try even if you dont think your psychic. So trying doesnt mean you think you are, it can just mean your a having a go. :)

42317520.jpg

I am pretty sure I am wrong but what came to mind was something fluffy or soft in the middle or bottom drawr. (first time even trying and im probaly wrong >.<)

I agree and this is why I started this thread. So that people can explore their psychic abilities and so I can at the same time(hopefully)become more of a believer in this sort of version of it. So right now I only see the tricksters(hackers)who are manipulating others computers and pretending to be psychics(I cant help but think that because of things I have experienced online...). So I believe in precog dreaming,creative dreaming(astral magick)some forms of remote viewing(involving death)and tarot because of my own experiences with it but not other forms so much because I havent experienced it first hand. So I setup this thread so I can witness it myself and give credit where credit is due.

Anyway I might as well place another object in the box since I'm posting. So there is another object in the box(and its a new pic taken with the object inside)and everyone is welcome to try even if you dont think your psychic. So trying doesnt mean you think you are, it can just mean your a having a go. :)

42317520.jpg

something sharp like needle tweezers

Thankyou for all who are having a go. Ok this time I went for the Russian Dolls. Which were in the middle box again but they rolled towards the front of the draws I think.

russiandolls.jpg

So I dont think anyone got it this time.

I am surprised a little that not many are trying to have a go. I am running this test as best I can and I never change the object and I will always post truly what it is. So I will never lie and if anyone gets it correct you will know about it. I've never lied in anything I've ever posted before(well once maybe 8 years ago now on another site I said I didnt like Metallica but thats about it I think)and I very rarely lie in real life too. I feel bad just telling my son about Father Christmas, Easter Bunny and Tooth fairy etc, so everything I have ever shared is a true experience I've had, and I swear that on the life of my son and if anyone doesnt ever believe me you are welcome to gather your pennies together to pay for a lie detector test. :yes: Anytime hey.

So that being said.. I shall place another object in the one of the boxes again in a few moments. So if anyone wants to have a go to see what pops, go for it. :)

*(edited)And here is another new picture of the boxes after the object was placed..

30272611.jpg

Edited by Kazahel

Top drawer: glass angel.

Nah, thanks for having a go though.

Sorry I left this one awhile. This time it was my favorite Bartman guitar pick in the middle of the middle box again. I wasnt going to choose something too guessable like a guitar pick but I didnt want to change it after I took the photo of the box and remembered.

bartman.jpg

Edited by Kazahel

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

It's rare for me to start a thread but something has been playing on my mind for quite awhile now and I was hoping to gain a different perspective..

I am generally a quite skeptical person and so I tend to only believe in things after I have witnessed/experienced them for myself. I think this is a good quality to have which is why I am quite understanding of other skeptics. For this reason I wish to post a challenge for the psychics or those who think they may be psychic and are wanting some confirmation. This will of course help me and them.

Personally I find it hard to believe in other psychics even though I have had some experiences myself(which I understand is odd but its just my skeptical nature). I find it especially difficult to believe because of the age we live in. We live now where most things are connected to computers which can be manipulated. So we have things like facebook, emails, Google street views and many other ways in which other people can peek through windows into your life... So people can manipulate your web cams to watch you unaware, for another example and its because of this that I find doubt when others apparently do accurate 'readings'. How do I know they havent just done some manipulative reading or something along those lines before giving a reply?

So I have seen others start threads where they have an object they want the psychics to find to prove themselves but honestly how do I know they arnt just friends trying to play up their abilities.. Or if they name/type the object on a pc how do I know the 'psychic' hasnt just manipulated the pc to find their result(or had someone do it for them)? So you see I am very untrusting of computers in regards to psychics. So I tend to be more believing if someone posts a dream or something which might come true a few days later for everyone to see... because that cannot be manipulated because it is already written down. So I tend to be more from that school than from the 'readings' school. And I tend to think that 'psychic powers' are not from us so much but from another source, so it is humbling to understand you are channeling the source, rather than thinking you are the 'power'.

Anyway so for these reasons I wish to post a challenge and only I will know the result. This way it gives people a chance to convert my skeptical nature and to further test themselves. I have seen this done before on this site and so I would like to set the challange myself which is as follows..

*In my room I have some draws which have nothing in them except for one object. I ask for the psychics to tell me what this object is. And if you get it correct or even close, I shall let you all know with a follow up picture.

whatsintheboxwhatsinthe.jpg

And you will have to trust me to be honest like I have had to trust others who have apparently done this test before.

I see a red square book...I DO NOT think im psychic...but things pop into my head...I'm testing my own theory...let me know how I do..if u will :geek:

Nah, thanks for having a go though.

Sorry I left this one awhile. This time it was my favorite Bartman guitar pick in the middle of the middle box again. I wasnt going to choose something too guessable like a guitar pick but I didnt want to change it after I took the photo of the box and remembered.

bartman.jpg

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,

. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,

. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,

. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,

. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}

. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}

. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./

. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./

. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/

. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}

. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../

. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../

. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”

. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\

. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__

,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,

. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

Uhhh, I see a guitar pick!

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,

. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,

. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,

. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,

. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}

. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}

. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./

. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./

. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/

. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}

. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../

. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../

. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”

. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\

. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__

,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,

. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

Uhhh, I see a guitar pick!

I see Homer Simpson.

• 2 weeks later...

i got footwear, maybe a shoe or slipper, but something along those lines, but then i see that it was already revealed :blush: oops

Edited by JGirl

• 4 months later...

Back of the middle Drawer? Something you made? Maybe a bowl or flute or something. Idk.

Back of the middle Drawer? Something you made? Maybe a bowl or flute or something. Idk.

I also get the color red for some reason, not necessarily a bright red though.

My first thought was some type of ball. But I have never done this before, lol

Eta: oops looks like I got it wrong. Looks like all I'm good for is knowing when something might blow up or blow over.... :blink:

Edited by Toodles2011

I also get the color red for some reason, not necessarily a bright red though.

Maybe something made out of a certain material? As in a tapestry or cloth? I'm still getting the dull red color, but I also feel like it might have something to do with the native american culture

Maybe something made out of a certain material? As in a tapestry or cloth? I'm still getting the dull red color, but I also feel like it might have something to do with the native american culture

Hate to have to keep adding on like this. For some reason I get the connotation of 'grandmother', but actually in Spanish, literally 'abuela'.