Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Is The Religion Of Pres.Obama ?

Persia

Furthermore, I don't know a Christian who supports abortion.

I think you meant Catholic instead of Christian. Most Catholics are opposed to abortion. I'm a pro-choice Christian.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

• Agent X

• Pseudo Intellectual

• hetrodoxly

It depends on the custom of the country. Not destined for a career in diplomacy I see

Where does it say it's a Saudi custom to bow to royalty?

Where does it say it's a Saudi custom to bow to royalty?

Nowhere, but it is customary in Saudi that the guest bows to the host. No matter if the host is a king or a beggar. The host acknowledges by lowering his head, and if it is a very welcome guest makes the peace be with you sign by touching his heart and forehead(in that order).

And you are assuming that the reason Bush backed the ban was simply his religious belief. Not all sense of ethics comes from religion-- at least as an agnostic or atheist I hope you agree with that. Just because a religious person does something does not automatically mean they do it for religious reasons. I know a priest and a rabbi who both drive on the right side of the road, and I don't think either does so because of their religious beliefs-- it's just the right thing to do.

That's true. Many people's only argument for abortion is that pro-lifers are simply attempting to force their religious beliefs on everyone. Opposition to abortion has nothing to do with religion. It's about protecting innocent life, which is the moral (and Constitutional) thing to do. Many irreligious people vehemently oppose abortion. It's clearly not because they're religious.

Nowhere, but it is customary in Saudi that the guest bows to the host. No matter if the host is a king or a beggar. The host acknowledges by lowering his head, and if it is a very welcome guest makes the peace be with you sign by touching his heart and forehead(in that order).

He was on his knees! That's a sign of subservience, not respect. Although I believe the reason Obama did it probably was due to stupidity.

Nearly 1 in 5 Americans Thinks Obama Is Muslim, Survey Shows

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/19/nearly-americans-thinks-obama-muslim-survey-shows/

I think he's a Deficitarian.

Harte

Opposition to abortion has nothing to do with religion. It's about protecting innocent life, which is the moral (and Constitutional) thing to do.

Then why doesn't that protection of innocent life continue after it is born until the person becomes an adult?

Attack the man on his policies, heck, don't attack the man at all, just the policies. Even if he were a raging Muslim terrorist posing as a moderate - or immoderate - Leftist, attacking the corrupt policies would still thwart him. A person in power can't do anything if the source of that power is stopped, and he only has serious power til 2013, when he has to step down, assuming we don't re-elect him.

Is he Muslim? I think he was raised around Islamically influenced culture, which means no matter what religion he is, he is going to have mannerisms and habits that seem Muslim to us. Won't matter his religion, he was raised around a different culture for a while. So, unless we start finding genuine documents and/or video showing Barrack Hussein Obama swearing his allegiance to Al-Qaeda or one of the terrorist groups operating somewhere on earth, it doesn't even matter if he is Muslim.

He was on his knees! That's a sign of subservience, not respect. Although I believe the reason Obama did it probably was due to stupidity.

He was?

Then why doesn't that protection of innocent life continue after it is born until the person becomes an adult?

It does.

He was?

You're right, I completely forgot. Nevertheless, it was still a deep bow.

In regards to Hilary not bowing: She's a lawyer not a diplomat. Either there's a rule about women not bowing, or she was more ignorant of custom than Obama was. In regards to Obama bowing: He pays enough attention to detail to usually know the general actions needed in diplomacy, but his track record says he doesn't pay enough attention to detail to get those actions correct. For example find the threads discussing his overly low bow in Japan.

Besides, this is pretty much a non-issue just being raised for political gain.

Because you don't get anywhere and don't make deals if you do not show foreign dignitaries respect.

Besides, this is pretty much a non-issue just being raised for political gain.

Because you don't get anywhere and don't make deals if you do not show foreign dignitaries respect.

Well, people who are willing to defame him as Muslim Kenyan impostor who stole the presidency are also willing to lie about his diplomatic gestures.

He can "respect" anyone he wants, by bowing to them or kissing their feet. As long as he doesn't do it as the President of the United States.

Right. Because AMERICANS ARE SUPERIOR AND BOW TO NOBODY!

King Abdullah shakes hands with other world leaders and with some a slight nod of the head,

watch this video, you'll see no one bows from the waist, most don't bow at all and none do what you've put in your post

King Abdullah shakes hands with other world leaders and with some a slight nod of the head,

watch this video, you'll see no one bows from the waist, most don't bow at all and none do what you've put in your post

Then you should have a look at the scene in 3:35- 3:41 when he actually is a guest somewhere. He does bow there. Not as deep as Obama, but then again he is not a guest at a head of state, just at one of his subjects.

But do me a favor, I understand Arabic, so please don't make me watch a video with such an mendacious ode in the background again.

Edited by questionmark

Do you not know the difference between being equal to someone and being superior to them?

I sometimes that there is no such thing as equality but far too many people who want to be superior toe everybody else.

For example, in some countries bowing is considered a sign of respect.

Wouldn't equality mean that in order to show respect they would bow?

If you don't bow, then you consider yourself superior and disrespectful and not equal.

Too many people have never traveled overseas, nor bother to learn customs of other countries even when they do, and the responses I see here and in other threads are evidence of that. Many people that have lived in the USA their entire life have little idea what another part of the world looks like, what is considered acceptable or not, and worse yet could not care less.

Those are generally the same people that throw the biggest tantrum when they hear a person here speaking another language and start recommending language laws and such. When I travel(be it military or personal) I take the time to learn some of the language(so at least people can see I am making an attempt) and then have a travelers guide to learn the customs of the area I am going to, so as not to do anything stupid. I have been to some of the worst places on the planet and still got along well just by being respectful(in what is locally considered respectful). hell, even when I was in Iraq and Kuwait I did the same, and it paid off quite often.

I sometimes that there is no such thing as equality but far too many people who want to be superior toe everybody else.

For example, in some countries bowing is considered a sign of respect.

Wouldn't equality mean that in order to show respect they would bow?

If you don't bow, then you consider yourself superior and disrespectful and not equal.

In virtually every culture, a deep bow is a sign of subservience, not respect. If Obama bows because of "culture" or "tradition', why didn't he bow to the Queen? I might be okay with it if he was consistent, but he's not.

But, as I said, I don't think his bows have anything sinister behind him. I think he was truly confused. Maybe he should brush up a bit on cultures and protocol next time he visits another country.

In virtually every culture, a deep bow is a sign of subservience, not respect. If Obama bows because of "culture" or "tradition', why didn't he bow to the Queen? I might be okay with it if he was consistent, but he's not.

In every other culture you can give an object with your left hand, in Arabia it could get you killed because you are only supposed to wipe your **** with it. So your point is ...?

Edited by questionmark

In every other culture you can give an object with your left hand, in Arabia it could get you killed because you are only supposed to wipe your **** with it. So your point is ...?

That is my point. "It's their culture" isn't an excuse. If letting someone punch you in Mexican culture was a sign of friendship between two countries, that doesn't mean the US President can go ahead and let Calderon punch him.

Edited by Pseudo Intellectual

That is my point. "It's their culture" isn't an excuse. If letting someone punch you in Mexican culture was a sign of friendship between two countries, that doesn't mean the US President can go ahead and let Calderon punch him.

Whatever you think is "normal" is totally irrelevant in the rest of the world, and if Obama wanted to show Calderon that he is not disgruntled because Dubya was holding hands with him a few years earlier he would be well advised to take that punch. That is called diplomacy.

That more or less says you would rather be disrespectful and hurt relationships then take one for the team eh. Punching is an act of violence and aggression, bad example.