Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The dragon in the loch

UM-Bot

William B Stoecker: People have always believed in and often reported seeing strange creatures unknown to zoologists. Today, such unknown animals, like the Yeti or Sasquatch are called “cryptids,” meaning simply that they are hidden or little understood, if they exist at all. Although new types of animals and plants are discovered all the time, usually the animals are insects or other small creatures, but sometimes, as with the discovery of a new species of ungulate in northern Vietnam a few years ago, they are quite large. And new species are discovered fairly regularly in the oceans, which average about three miles in depth and cover very roughly three quarters of our planet. Even large and previously unknown varieties of shark and squid are found from time to time. And then of course there are so called sea serpents, like the famous New England sea serpent of the nineteenth century, seen by dozens of supposedly reputable witnesses. The sea serpents as reported sometimes resemble giant eels or actual snakes; others reportedly resemble presumably extinct marine reptiles, most notably the long-necked varieties of plesiosaurs.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• danielost

• UM-Bot

• aquatus1

• village_idiot

nessi cannot be an air breather, it would have to surface to many times to not be seen regular.

For a brief moment, a cold shiver went up my spine, and I thought Draconic Chronicler had arisen once again.

Nessie a dragon-like creature? Meh...I'm more inclined to buy the plesiosaur angle before that....

Nessie a dragon-like creature? Meh...I'm more inclined to buy the plesiosaur angle before that....

a plebiosaur is a dragon. it has 4 wings and a long neck and a long tail, it just doesnt fly. but imagine if it breached like a whale what would it look like it was doing.

For those of us who have become convinced that intelligent design, not Darwinism, explains evolution it seems at least remotely possible that, for mysterious reasons, the Supreme Being sometimes modifies existing life forms to create new species that fail to survive beyond a generation or so, and keeps doing it over and over

I like how the whole thing turned into the possibility of there being dragons. :blink:

But for the most part it was okay.

man i always thought nessie was a plesiosaur but when you think of it like that it makes no sense. i can go with dragon though. way cooler than a plesiosaur.

• 4 months later...

a plesiosaur or dragon would probable need to lay thier eggs on land.

Most sea/water creatures are live birthers.

Most sea/water creatures are live birthers.

except reptiles. and remember the swimmers and fliers are not dinos. just large reptiles.

i think the only live birthers in the reptiles are snakes, with a few exceptions.

Edited by danielost