Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery box

Rick Waid

I'm not sure I follow...but I think you mean that, for example, if the object was a charm bracelet/necklace, you would want us to tell you that there are certain charms on it such as a bird charm, a triangle, etc? Is that what you mean by parts about it?

Yes. You are correct.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rick Waid

• markprice

• Leah G.

• She-ra

Okay well it's Metal with a circle at the top, then a long straight line leading to the bottom which is square-ish... like a skelaton KEY. That's all I got...sorry.

Do you think you could PM me the answer or maybe post the answer sooner? A whole week is a long time to wait for feedback.

Do you think you could PM me the answer or maybe post the answer sooner? A whole week is a long time to wait for feedback.

Yes i will post it now since there is another one going on. Here it is. you can see now what i was talking about.My link

Edited by sensitive touch

I keep getting more ideas like: it's a knife, it's a watch, it's a LED flashlight, so is the key to this sort of thing to go with your first impression or to let the mystery evolve? There is a huge difference between seeing something and getting flashes of items...idk

Yes i will post it now since there is another one going on. Here it is. you can see now what i was talking about.My link

oh wow, I guess the flash of the blade I saw was accurate, and the rest were guesses or something else. You should have waited until friday though imo.

oh wow, I guess the flash of the blade I saw was accurate, and the rest were guesses or something else. You should have waited until friday though imo.

People were getting impatient sorry. I will keep the next one for three day's only. Yes the blade was correct so bravo. I believe puridalan won the contest with great accuratcy. She had many points that were correct. The knife has a plastic outer part and it was positioned horizontal and it was a knife and it was from my brother who passed away. But this one people were way closer than the other test. Great job. If you said knife which some said good job. Was hoping someone would talk about the wolf on it. Or the snow scene or the moon. Next one i will put on for 3 full day's. Thanks again.

Mark I thought you would get the wolf. Maybe next time. thanks

I get it, you want to know what the meaning was behind the gift.

It was a shower gift, a wedding shower, I think. A cake knife? The handle is either white pearl or silver, it's nearly all the same color.

Hatch you were correct it was a knife of some sort.

Mark I thought you would get the wolf. Maybe next time. thanks

You posted the pic while I was typing. I have no idea if I can do this or not; the first time I looked at/"into" the box I saw the color then my mind formed a false image, then I got other ideas from that image. This morning I thought about it and saw the flash of a blade, but that was different from my initial circular "impression". So what I can take away from this little experiment is the difference between the quality of imagination and spontanious flash of an image, and not to form color into an object--again with imagination. I still think real psychics like puridalan are a bit awesome imo. And an image on an item would be different than trying to sense the item itself...very interesting.

Well I was way off, but it was fun. I need more practice. I think discernment is what separates the "psychics" from the rest of us. Even if you see the truth/answer it's no use to you unless you recognize it. I wonder how many of us saw exactly what was in that box in varying degrees of detail but discarded those impressions without another thought.

A few more thoughts: for me this is like trying to guess what is inside a box on Christmas, but it is not like that for everyone. Once in awhile there is someone who defies even the most hard boiled skeptic; a good example is someone I have mentioned on this site before: Patricia Sun is the gold standard for psychics as far as I'm concerned. She took a psychic test back when she was in college and got everything right, if I remember corectly. She didn't have to try, she just did it. But not everyone has the same ability. The reason I mention this is because the ability does exist, so the best part about this kind of exercise is to find out if you have that ability, not to try and aquire a psychic ability--I believe you can only hone a pre-existing ability and even then that might not be the strongest psychic gift you have to work with. When someone like Patricia shows up and gets it all right--shocking those conducting the test--it is not because she had anything to prove; it was a way for her to realize what she is capable of: "okay, I'm obviously psychic, so what am I going to do about it?". I think she thought everyone could do it at the time--maybe it was guessing colors and shapes on cards--but only she had her level of ability...I mean we all want to be able to use psychic powers, but what would be the reason for it? To help people is a good enough reason imo, but there are many other reasons and sources of gifts that are not ultimately benevolent. Patricias thought: if it doesn't work every time I will stop doing it. That kind of attitude is probably crucial for that kind of high level psychic ability--it is not hit or miss and so never gets diluted with imagination. So for some it becomes a way of life and for others it is more like christmas fun.

A few more thoughts: for me this is like trying to guess what is inside a box on Christmas, but it is not like that for everyone. Once in awhile there is someone who defies even the most hard boiled skeptic; a good example is someone I have mentioned on this site before: Patricia Sun is the gold standard for psychics as far as I'm concerned. She took a psychic test back when she was in college and got everything right, if I remember corectly. She didn't have to try, she just did it. But not everyone has the same ability. The reason I mention this is because the ability does exist, so the best part about this kind of exercise is to find out if you have that ability, not to try and aquire a psychic ability--I believe you can only hone a pre-existing ability and even then that might not be the strongest psychic gift you have to work with. When someone like Patricia shows up and gets it all right--shocking those conducting the test--it is not because she had anything to prove; it was a way for her to realize what she is capable of: "okay, I'm obviously psychic, so what am I going to do about it?". I think she thought everyone could do it at the time--maybe it was guessing colors and shapes on cards--but only she had her level of ability...I mean we all want to be able to use psychic powers, but what would be the reason for it? To help people is a good enough reason imo, but there are many other reasons and sources of gifts that are not ultimately benevolent. Patricias thought: if it doesn't work every time I will stop doing it. That kind of attitude is probably crucial for that kind of high level psychic ability--it is not hit or miss and so never gets diluted with imagination. So for some it becomes a way of life and for others it is more like christmas fun.

When I get quick flashes they are always very accurate. But they ar dormant for me right now. So i will always go with my visions(quick flashes) over anything else.

WHOOO!!!! I was kind of right??? Very cool!

Yes please, I'd like to play again. Do you think I might have some kind of little twinkle???

poo... I had a few things run thru my mind and knife was one of them but of course I didn't type that. I did think metal. Oh well I failed :lol:

PS: I love these games and can't wait for the next go :yes:

I did sense that something was attached to it. I do better at psychometry I think. What I sensed was, a long black thing, but that it was important, and then something shiny, but at first my mind told me a long bracelet and rings. I think the most important part was the hilt of the knife, because that is where it was held. But yes, I think shiny and metal was the first thought, and then...sharp contrast.

WHOOO!!!! I was kind of right??? Very cool!

Yes please, I'd like to play again. Do you think I might have some kind of little twinkle???

We will have to see on this new one. Please concentrate very hard this one is not going to be easy. What is in the bag? Here we go.My link

Man, I was WAAAAYYY off, lol. Oh well, I "knew" I would be wrong, does that count?

Man, I was WAAAAYYY off, lol. Oh well, I "knew" I would be wrong, does that count?

Try the new one and lets see what you get this time.

I did sense that something was attached to it. I do better at psychometry I think. What I sensed was, a long black thing, but that it was important, and then something shiny, but at first my mind told me a long bracelet and rings. I think the most important part was the hilt of the knife, because that is where it was held. But yes, I think shiny and metal was the first thought, and then...sharp contrast.

I put a new one up please enjoy.

My very first impression was an indian design but not a dream catcher. It's like diamond shapes inside diamond shapes made of twine or yarn. Grandfather? It's probably a burn and crash but I tried.

a little statue maybe of aaaaaaaa uhhhhhhh horse, or guy on a horse. 100% certain that's what it is. ONE HUNDRED PERCENT.

edit: apparently it was a knife and now it's something hanging. apparently I suck at this game.

Edited by SAmbag

We will have to see on this new one. Please concentrate very hard this one is not going to be easy. What is in the bag? Here we go.My link

a pound of weed wrapped in an indian blanket.

People were getting impatient sorry. I will keep the next one for three day's only. Yes the blade was correct so bravo. I believe puridalan won the contest with great accuratcy. She had many points that were correct. The knife has a plastic outer part and it was positioned horizontal and it was a knife and it was from my brother who passed away. But this one people were way closer than the other test. Great job. If you said knife which some said good job. Was hoping someone would talk about the wolf on it. Or the snow scene or the moon. Next one i will put on for 3 full day's. Thanks again.

Her answer was this though...

right away i got a pen sitting horizontally idk why

Then you later say this..

Puridalan's response in the pm.k.......

I mean no offense but this says everything to me. I thought it was obvious why you started this duplicate thread during my thread with the boxes. And now it seems through PM's with you Puri gets it correct which wasnt told here at all... while in my thread her answer was almost the complete opposite of what the object actually was...

So because of PM's I dont trust your results at all and I dont think anyone else should either. And knowning people PM others so much I dont think any of the results in this thread can be trusted. So I think this thread is just a thread to boost up friends while trying to appear legit.

Her answer was this though...

Then you later say this..

I mean no offense but this says everything to me. I thought it was obvious why you started this duplicate thread during my thread with the boxes. And now it seems through PM's with you Puri gets it correct which wasnt told here at all... while in my thread her answer was almost the complete opposite of what the object actually was...

So because of PM's I dont trust your results at all and I dont think anyone else should either. And knowning people PM others so much I dont think any of the results in this thread can be trusted. So I think this thread is just a thread to boost up friends while trying to appear legit.

You said people can change their minds. She did change her mind after the pen. I put her pm's on the site I did not keep them to myself. First of all I am not here just to make friends I am here to find answers and get knowledge. You don't even know me so why would you say that this is just to make friends. I have lots of friends here already. And to say don't trust me is not very nice. I would never say that about a person and cut them down. I am not the kind to give back rude responses.

You said people can change their minds. She did change her mind after the pen. I put her pm's on the site I did not keep them to myself. First of all I am not here just to make friends I am here to find answers and get knowledge. You don't even know me so why would you say that this is just to make friends. I have lots of friends here already. And to say don't trust me is not very nice.

Because they are PM's.. And I wouldnt trust people who PM each other over things like this when it is an experiment(well my thread is your is a 'game'). So you wouldnt allow that in a science experiement.. do you think Randi would? And also I noticed in a thread you just bumped that you guys have apparently been reading each other since April.

So I'm sorry but I am a skeptic in this matter which is why I started my thread on the boxes so that I could be convinced first hand. And in my thread people had no luck and didnt PM at all.. while in your thread they did. So sorry but I am skeptical of your results.

Fair enough huh.

Edited by Kazahel