Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The gift of the sasquatch - part two

UM-Bot

Mr Hues,

How can you, a non-telepathic being, 'hear' the thoughts of a telepathic being?

To be able to send or receive thoughts external to or from oneself would require some physiological feature, presumably in the brain. You have not evolved any 'telepathic physiology', even if these magical Sasquatch have, so how do you rationalise you can 'hear telepathic thoughts'?

Please can you show us some MRI scan, or other such evidence, of the structure in your brain capable of 'receiving external thoughts'*. Thank you.

* How I propose you accomplish this. Arrange to take an MRI scan at a certain time and date - I should imagine that relating your Sasquatch tales to a doctor or psychologist will be sufficiently persuasive for them to refer you for such a scan - and arrange for one of your Sasquatch friends to telepathically communicate with you at that time. The MRI scan should show activity in the area of the brain where your 'telepathy receptors' are.

Prior to this communication, please have the doctor or psychologist visit your house, and privately write down something (then seal that in an envelope without you seeing it) which they should then think of intently. Have your Sasquatch friend read the doctor's mind and communicate to you they have received/read the thoughts. After undertaking the MRI scan, write down what was communicated to you telepathically and compare this to the doctor's note.

Of course, having someone as a reputable witness to this would also be recommended.

Well Leonard lets establish some baselines to start with

Baseline1: I don't need anyone's acceptance or approval but my own.

Which means, there is no proof or evidence that you require that means as much to me as used toilet paper. If you need me to explain that in one syllable words let me know.

Baseline2: Because proof is required for this conversation, what proof do you have that myself and all humans don't have the ability to telepath? What evidence or data do you submit as to whether something is possible or impossible?

Baseline 3: What exactly would you use to persuade me to release the 9 MRI scan results I've had since 2001 when I came down with multiple sclerosis? Also, where exactly is the portion of the brain for telepathy and how would you validate your answer? In addition can you please outline for us what physiological evolution is required for abilities of the human brain. Also since you're a PHD in........something, can you give us a brief synopsis on how you arrived at the conclusion that I haven't evolved......

Concluding my wasted response to your arrogant, prejudice, disrespectful response........I'll give you some things to think on. Are you so arrogant to think your suggestions will carry any merit with me whatsoever? Do you think you can convince the women I've spoken with on the phone that I didn't really receive communication from their Autistic children........giving them details I had no way of knowing with them in the pacific northwest and myself in Texas? Are you so self righteous that you really believe you can say what is possible and what isn't? Are you versed in the definition of respect? Are you versed in the definition of contempt? Which one do you think you've EARNED here on this forum? Please, if you do respond to this be sure and focus on the topics that you brought up instead of going in 14 new directions like most trolls do. 0-)

P.S. Try and come up with some questions I can't answer or can give straight answers to instead of answering with questions. lol

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• T Hues

• Leonardo

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• Swede

hrm. Don't see much logical sense in that. Of course it would work without line of sight. It's beyond the regular senses, so why on earth would you NEED to be in line of sight?? Psychic detectives don't need line of sight.

The U.S. military is famed for it's scientific research into remote viewing and eventually came to the conclusion that it was an unjustified mechanism for information gathering. They simply didn't get the results (and that's without a mechanism which fits known physics).
Scientific studies have been conducted, and although some earlier, less sophisticated experiments produced positive results, none of the newer experiments concluded with such results when under properly controlled conditions, and therefore, like any other forms of ESP, constitutes pseudoscience.
I happen to believe that line-of-sight communication is possible via dark matter particle projection, which is currently unknown to physics i.e. that ability to detect when someone is looking at you intently from behind etc. The possiblity of person-to-person beyond-line-of-sight communication via particle streams is negligable. The known physics edges towards my conclusions and not those of unsubstantiated so-called "psychic detectives" I'm affraid. There's simply no evidence what-so-ever to support it, whilst there's much more evidence to support line-of-sight ESP.

Which means, there is no proof or evidence that you require that means as much to me as used toilet paper. If you need me to explain that in one syllable words let me know.

Baseline2: Because proof is required for this conversation, what proof do you have that myself and all humans don't have the ability to telepath? What evidence or data do you submit as to whether something is possible or impossible?

Baseline 3: What exactly would you use to persuade me to release the 9 MRI scan results I've had since 2001 when I came down with multiple sclerosis? Also, where exactly is the portion of the brain for telepathy and how would you validate your answer? In addition can you please outline for us what physiological evolution is required for abilities of the human brain. Also since you're a PHD in........something, can you give us a brief synopsis on how you arrived at the conclusion that I haven't evolved......

Concluding my wasted response to your arrogant, prejudice, disrespectful response........I'll give you some things to think on. Are you so arrogant to think your suggestions will carry any merit with me whatsoever? Do you think you can convince the women I've spoken with on the phone that I didn't really receive communication from their Autistic children........giving them details I had no way of knowing with them in the pacific northwest and myself in Texas? Are you so self righteous that you really believe you can say what is possible and what isn't? Are you versed in the definition of respect? Are you versed in the definition of contempt? Which one do you think you've EARNED here on this forum? Please, if you do respond to this be sure and focus on the topics that you brought up instead of going in 14 new directions like most trolls do. 0-)

P.S. Try and come up with some questions I can't answer or can give straight answers to instead of answering with questions. lol

You misunderstand my intent, Mr Hues. I am a skeptic not a cynic and, as such, take what people say without prejudice but do not believe extraordinary things without something concrete to show it to be so. If you can point to where I exhibited arrogance, prejudice and/or disrepect, then I will apologise - however my intent was to imply the simple relation of a story carries no weight, but hard evidence does.

I cannot accept claims of telepathy without evidence that such a thing exists. There is no evolutionary benefit (that I can see) for such a thing, and so I must fall on the side it does not exist unless evidence shows it does.

My suggestion would allow you to present evidence, if you are relating what actually is, of course.

That you are satisfied with your story is neither here nor there. If you wish it to be made public, then you will have to show why the public should accept your story, and some evidence would be very handy in that regard. If you don't care whether the public accepts your story, then you shouldn't lash out as you have when it is criticised. Calling others names and other verbal aggression does you no favours in the public perception.

It really is unwise to get involved with psychiatric care for the average individual.

I made no suggestion that Mr Hues should undertake some form of psychiatric care. My suggestion was to show brain activity via an MRI scan - to effect that, someone with access to medical facilities with an MRI scanner, i.e. a doctor or psychologist, would be necessary.

Edited by Leonardo

@T Hughes.

* snip *

It is a fact that animals use forms of telepathy (the larger the animal the stronger the awareness is for really obvious reasons) for survival as well as a tool for hunting. Just because some retards here have blinders on and they themselves are 'dumb' means squat next to reality.

For what it's worth Mr Hughes, thank you for showing respect for the animal kingdom and using common sense when it comes to dealing with the unknown.

As for so called proof with seatco posing for the camera, this is proof positive right there of their psychic abilities with regards to human interaction.

Considering that almost nowhere on earth are animals truly respected by the majority, why would anyone think that a being who could hear you coming a mile off and KNOW when you have disturbed his environment, typically for the worse, want to have anything to do with you?

If any of the naysayers knew ANYTHING about seatco (or the abilities of their own person for THAT matter) to begin with, they would consider themselves liars. I hope you have a long and fruitful relationship with your 'friends', loosely speaking of course.

The very word skeptic originates from a derogatory word use to describe people who are looked upon as ignorant. It has nothing whatsoever to do with fact or science or truth or some sort of "must be proven to me personally before it is fact" analysis. What a laugh, the meaning still rings true.

I for one, would love to hear all your stories of the unknown.

Edited by Saru
Removed flame

Assume whatever you want to-like I gaf. Ignorance is not a replacement for truth.

No. Truth is proof. Not faith and belief.

You misunderstand my intent, Mr Hues. I am a skeptic not a cynic and, as such, take what people say without prejudice but do not believe extraordinary things without something concrete to show it to be so. If you can point to where I exhibited arrogance, prejudice and/or disrepect, then I will apologise - however my intent was to imply the simple relation of a story carries no weight, but hard evidence does.

I cannot accept claims of telepathy without evidence that such a thing exists. There is no evolutionary benefit (that I can see) for such a thing, and so I must fall on the side it does not exist unless evidence shows it does.

My suggestion would allow you to present evidence, if you are relating what actually is, of course.

That you are satisfied with your story is neither here nor there. If you wish it to be made public, then you will have to show why the public should accept your story, and some evidence would be very handy in that regard. If you don't care whether the public accepts your story, then you shouldn't lash out as you have when it is criticised. Calling others names and other verbal aggression does you no favours in the public perception.

I made no suggestion that Mr Hues should undertake some form of psychiatric care. My suggestion was to show brain activity via an MRI scan - to effect that, someone with access to medical facilities with an MRI scanner, i.e. a doctor or psychologist, would be necessary.

You know Leanord I shared my experiences and alot of pics and other items with the writer of this article so that she could tell my story, not necessarily because I wanted to. For some people that have shown respect I have provided recordings and photos to. Those people that proceed from arrogance (thinking I have to provide them with anything), disrespect, or the position of what is possible and what isn't........I don't give anything to. When the few of you that haven't learned respect figure it out let me know, until then think whatever you'd like. My experiences are mine, go out there and have your own.

No. Truth is proof. Not faith and belief.

I hate to be the one to inform you of this eric, I mean you are afterall very intelligent..........seemingly anyway. However truth runs hand in hand with belief. Let me post the definition truth here for you.

truth (trth)

n. pl. truths (trz, trths)

1. A statement proven to be or accepted as true.

2. Sincerity; integrity.

3. Fidelity to an original or standard.

4. a. Reality; actuality.

b. often Truth That which is considered to be the supreme reality and to have the ultimate meaning and value of existence.

So after posting that I think the word you're looking for is evidence and that would give you the truth wouldn't it. However since truth is such a subjective word I think you'd be better off using the word evidence. I could be wrong so it's viewers discretion on that one. I'd be curious to know though where you came up with your own belief systems since you advocate them so much. Perhaps you could share with us why you think things are impossible in the face of evidence or witness testimony. I'm sure you'll argue that witness testimony is not evidence and yet the legal system has put many a person behind bars for a very long time based on witness testimony........explain that one for us.

I enjoyed your articles so far and I am waiting for the third installment. My father was a trapper in Manitoba trapping beaver and muskrat mostly, deep into a place called nettly marsh. He took me on occasion to check the traps, on the last such occasion we found the traps picked clean only a little blood remained. He was furious about it and thought a black bear was following the trap line and eating the beaver and muskrat. At the what I understood to be the halfway mark on the line we saw a large hairy animal step out onto the road. The road is a couple of feet up from the marsh and it stepped out on to the road on it's hind legs and stepped up. Initially we thought it was the bear, but when it came up on the road it looked at us and howled, my father dropped his rifle and ran back to the truck, I was terrified, and I'd never seen him like that before pale and shaking. My father has hunted all his life and is very familiar with bears, he once attacked a black bear with a chair because it was to near our cabin. So I quess I'm wondering do they eat what they find in traps or is it offensive to them to find animals in that state, was it a warning to stay away? My father never went back to get his traps or his rifle and still can't speak of it without shaking. I have never heard a sound like that since. I hope to have another sighting someday, hopefully a more pleasant one.

Applause. Appropriate response to unreasonable requests.

* snip *

WIth an FYI, I once came across a scientist headed to Los Alamos (are you at all familiar with what goes on there? Do you know the place I mention?),... on a flight, sitting next to me. He said, with all seriousness, if something can be imagined, our country now has the capability to create it. Of course, you will also think this a lie. But then again, limited thinking is not characteristic of mine. Is it one of yours?

I suggest you go to the family tree of the list of homo species, and see about which end of the tree is most capable of producing a "big foot". Maybe there were not really ends to some lines, but merely our lack of knowledge about them.

there was more but i deleted it.

Edited by Saru
Please leave the moderating to the moderators

Applause. Appropriate response to unreasonable requests.

Unreasonable requests?

Mr Hues has published his story (or had it published) in the public domain. I will not speculate why he has made this story public except to point out that his agressive and rude response to criticism and enquiry indicates it is important to him that his story is believed/accepted.

If it is important to him that his story is believed, then requests for evidence supporting that story should be seen as reasonable by him (and his supporters), not unreasonable. If Mr Hues really does not care that others believe/accept his story, then his rudeness and aggression is even more unwarranted than it already is.

i read that there we some pictures available upon request... well i wish to view them... for whom do i send this request to?

I hate to be the one to inform you of this eric, I mean you are afterall very intelligent..........seemingly anyway. However truth runs hand in hand with belief. Let me post the definition truth here for you.

truth (trth)

n. pl. truths (trz, trths)

1. A statement proven to be or accepted as true.

2. Sincerity; integrity.

3. Fidelity to an original or standard.

4. a. Reality; actuality.

b. often Truth That which is considered to be the supreme reality and to have the ultimate meaning and value of existence.

So after posting that I think the word you're looking for is evidence and that would give you the truth wouldn't it. However since truth is such a subjective word I think you'd be better off using the word evidence. I could be wrong so it's viewers discretion on that one. I'd be curious to know though where you came up with your own belief systems since you advocate them so much. Perhaps you could share with us why you think things are impossible in the face of evidence or witness testimony. I'm sure you'll argue that witness testimony is not evidence and yet the legal system has put many a person behind bars for a very long time based on witness testimony........explain that one for us.

Witness testimony proves nothing but the ability for people to make up stories, possibly be delusional, or see what they want.

Good grief man. You are talking about telepathic bigfoots. Do you not understand how that sounds? I mean its laughable.

Unreasonable requests?

Mr Hues has published his story (or had it published) in the public domain. I will not speculate why he has made this story public except to point out that his agressive and rude response to criticism and enquiry indicates it is important to him that his story is believed/accepted.

If it is important to him that his story is believed, then requests for evidence supporting that story should be seen as reasonable by him (and his supporters), not unreasonable. If Mr Hues really does not care that others believe/accept his story, then his rudeness and aggression is even more unwarranted than it already is.

Leanord you truly don't understand. If you don't show respect you get contempt from me. Now can you understand that or shall I explain it in one syllable words? Your arrogance in thinking I have to provide you with anything is disrespectful to myself and all those people who have shown common courtesy and respect. That's why they have some of my pics and recordings and you don't....easy enough isn't it. I don't have any expectations on people to believe anything furthermore and for you I suggest going out there and having your own experiences. It's not as hard as you might build it up to be if you observe respect.........oh wait, that might be hard for you nevermind.

Witness testimony proves nothing but the ability for people to make up stories, possibly be delusional, or see what they want.

Good grief man. You are talking about telepathic bigfoots. Do you not understand how that sounds? I mean its laughable.

No your reply is what's laughable and fits exactly into the prediction I made about your response in my previous post. I'm sure that thousands of people have been imagining or hoaxing this stuff for centuries. Keep trying though, you might actually get somewhere one day. lol

No your reply is what's laughable and fits exactly into the prediction I made about your response in my previous post. I'm sure that thousands of people have been imagining or hoaxing this stuff for centuries. Keep trying though, you might actually get somewhere one day. lol

:no:

Leanord you truly don't understand. If you don't show respect you get contempt from me. Now can you understand that or shall I explain it in one syllable words? Your arrogance in thinking I have to provide you with anything is disrespectful to myself and all those people who have shown common courtesy and respect. That's why they have some of my pics and recordings and you don't....easy enough isn't it. I don't have any expectations on people to believe anything furthermore and for you I suggest going out there and having your own experiences. It's not as hard as you might build it up to be if you observe respect.........oh wait, that might be hard for you nevermind.

Mr Hues,

What is it about requesting evidence, and the suggestion of a method for obtaining that evidence, that suggests "disrespect"?

Do you associate the word "disrespect" with "not fawning over", or "not agreeing with"? In which case, I might point out that it means no such thing. If you don't wish to provide evidence, a simple "I will not provide any evidence on request", would have sufficed, rather than the histrionics you exhibit.

Please do not expect everybody to "Oooh" and "Aaah" in childlike wonder at a story about spiritual encounters with telepathic megapods by someone who appears to harbour some dislike for his fellow human beings. If you can accept that there are people who do not blindly accept such stories at face value, then I'm sure you will find some agreeable 'middle-ground' with those who are skeptical.

Now, if you believe I have shown such vile disrespect, then I suggest you report me. I would like you to note, however, that despite moderator activity in this thread, it seems none of my previous posts have been removed.

Thank you.

Edited by Leonardo

:no:

Then go ahead and explain for us eric why courts accept witness testimony as enough evidence to put someone in jail if it's just imagination. Tell us why cops take witness testimony when investigating a crime if it's just imagination. It's obvious you don't mind insulting people and ya know, one day that's going to come back to you. 0-)

Mr Hues,

What is it about requesting evidence, and the suggestion of a method for obtaining that evidence, that suggests "disrespect"?

Do you associate the word "disrespect" with "not fawning over", or "not agreeing with"? In which case, I might point out that it means no such thing. If you don't wish to provide evidence, a simple "I will not provide any evidence on request", would have sufficed, rather than the histrionics you exhibit.

Please do not expect everybody to "Oooh" and "Aaah" in childlike wonder at a story about spiritual encounters with telepathic megapods by someone who appears to harbour some dislike for his fellow human beings. If you can accept that there are people who do not blindly accept such stories at face value, then I'm sure you will find some agreeable 'middle-ground' with those who are skeptical.

Now, if you believe I have shown such vile disrespect, then I suggest you report me. I would like you to note, however, that despite moderator activity in this thread, it seems none of my previous posts have been removed.

Thank you.

I'm sorry Leanord you're having issues with understanding this. Go back to your original post and tell me if the word request was anywhere in your statement. You see a request would be showing respect and as I recall you were telling me what I should do or what I'd have to do to satisfy you. I'm sorry but I don't roll that way. Now you're more than welcome to message the people on this forum that REQUESTED the pics I offered and see if I gave them more photos. Maybe they can tell you why they got photos and you haven't. I've had to suffer many a fool in the Bigfoot community that expect this or expect that and they don't get anything from me either so you're not alone. 0-)

Then go ahead and explain for us eric why courts accept witness testimony as enough evidence to put someone in jail if it's just imagination. Tell us why cops take witness testimony when investigating a crime if it's just imagination. It's obvious you don't mind insulting people and ya know, one day that's going to come back to you. 0-)

The Courts accept witness testimony because providing false testimony in Court is a punishable crime. Does this mean all witness testimony is absolutely reliable? No, it does not, but making the provision of false testimony a punishable crime is the best check we have to ensure it is as reliable as possible.

Outside of a courtroom, or other legalistic, situation, where there is no punishment (in an official capacity, at least) for providing false testimony, witness testimony does not have the check of possible punishment (for false testimony) as a motivator to be provided truthfully.

So, the use of witness testimony in a legal setting is not analogous, in this sense, to witness testimony in the case of relating a subjective experience outside of that setting, as you have.

Edited by Leonardo

You are one throwing out insults not me. I am just pointing out things.

In court they are not talking about telepathic bigfeet. Huge difference. If asking for proof is so bad, then, wow, you are gonig to have problems with 80% of the people in the world.

You are one throwing out insults not me. I am just pointing out things.

In court they are not talking about telepathic bigfeet. Huge difference. If asking for proof is so bad, then, wow, you are gonig to have problems with 80% of the people in the world.

I suggest you go back and read your comments eric. No scratch that you feel you're acting normal so it wouldn't do any good. You and Leanord are perfect for each other and don't understand respect at all, it's ok just don't expect people to cooperate with your expectations. 0-)

The Courts accept witness testimony because providing false testimony in Court is a punishable crime. Does this mean all witness testimony is absolutely reliable? No, it does not, but making the provision of false testimony a punishable crime is the best check we have to ensure it is as reliable as possible.

Outside of a courtroom, or other legalistic, situation, where there is no punishment (in an official capacity, at least) for providing false testimony, witness testimony does not have the check of possible punishment (for false testimony) as a motivator to be provided truthfully.

So, the use of witness testimony in a legal setting is not analogous, in this sense, to witness testimony in the case of relating a subjective experience outside of that setting, as you have.

Leanord, is this how you treat everyone that relates their experiences to you? I'm sorry, at this point you can think whatever you want of me. The people that want or need to know about this have and will contact me and they'll get the stuff you'll never see at this point. 0-)

Ah, to be in elementary school again.