Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman diagnosed with bananaphobia

Still Waters

Fran Dando is so scared of bananas that all it needs is a glimpse of one to make her shake, sweat profusely and even vomit.

The 21-year-old children’s worker suffers from bananaphobia, an overwhelming fear of the yellow fruit.

‘It began when I was seven and my brother put a banana in my bed as a joke,’ said Ms Dando, from Hastings, East Sussex.

‘I felt his horrible, slimy thing underneath my body. I was frozen in panic and hyperventilating. Ever since then, if I see one the same feeling comes back.’

She has since been forced to dodge bananas in shops and turn a blind eye to them in the fruit bowl at friend’s houses.

‘I generally do not explain my fear unless a situation comes up. Then I will say: ‘Sorry I am going to have to leave the room’. It is embarrassing – it is such a nonsensical fear.’

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

• MysteryMike

• BeastieRunner

• Cryptozological Mascot

Wow.....can this world just get anymore bizarre?

What's next? A person with a phobia of themself or whatever?

scared of peaches!

Okay now the world is more bizarre than ever.

I know phobias can appear in every shape and form imaginable, but this bananaphobia makes it hard to bite my tongue from all the sexual innuendo that can be said.

I know phobias can appear in every shape and form imaginable, but this bananaphobia makes it hard to bite my tongue from all the sexual innuendo that can be said.

Exactly what I was thinking; she has a child already, she HAD to of liked a bannana at some point in her life! lol :rolleyes:

You know, this thread really puts this video into perspective. Maybe these people need to watch this video so they can defend themselves against the horror that is produce. It even gives specific information on the defense against bananas. :yes:

Haha yay Monty Python!

And I'm glad I'm not the only one whose mind is in the gutter. :P

I know...I had like 3 good zingers lined up...but I would have to issue myself a warning if I did write them. :P

who the hell puts a banana in someone's else bed as a prank??

anyone with moneyphobia ? i'm glad to help by taking all your money :innocent:

Chrometophobia or Chrematophobia is one of the more common rare phobias (0.15%).

I know someone who has a thing about mint.

Yes that's right.. mint.

I didn't know until I'd offered her a mojito, she's embarrassed about it so doesn't generally mention it.

Before I met her, I'd have dismissed this bananaphobia as attention seeking.. :D

wow, very unfortunate for her having that phobia. and

‘I felt his horrible, slimy thing underneath my body. I was frozen in panic and hyperventilating. Ever since then, if I see one the same feeling comes back.’

see that typo? makes the whole sentence talk about some other things...

P.S.: I did not edit it in someway, I just copy-pasted it from the article,

just in case I get in trouble.. XD

Edited by Legatus Legionis

I know...I had like 3 good zingers lined up...but I would have to issue myself a warning if I did write them. :P

:lol:

Afraid of bananas, huh... :lol: Not going any farther.

Edited by Chabs

wow, very unfortunate for her having that phobia. and

see that typo? makes the whole sentence talk about some other things...

P.S.: I did not edit it in someway, I just copy-pasted it from the article,

just in case I get in trouble.. XD

You're absolutely right! That one little typo does change everything ... jeesh no wonder people's minds are in the gutter in here LOL :P

It's a shame internet articles aren't spellchecked a little more carefully ... especially with typos like that one LOL