Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.F.O's in Historical Artwork.........

I have searched the web in search of U.F.O historical artwork that show that U.F.O's may of visited earth before and after the birth of christ have a look at these and tell me what you think. I think they are very interesting.

Look up this site:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/m.hurley/index.html  ???

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr-X

• reese92

• Magikman

• odinsupreme

Top Posters In This Topic

:-*

I have seen the pictures, there is no doubt they are there, what they mean, who knows?

Teresa  :-*

Obviously, in regards to the religious paintings, the simplistic explanation is that the objects in question depict various religious icons, ie; the Holy Spirit, the angel Gabriel(especially in any paintings of the Virgin Mary), etc.  Some artists actually feared a more detailed representation of some religious figures as a form of sacrilege, and the Church perpetuated this thinking. Here is a religious historians description of one of the paintings shown on the website;

The second painting represented an Annunciation with Saint Emidius by Carlo Grivelli. Contrary to the former painting, Grivelli has used perspective: shapes converge to a single point i.e. the vanishing point, and the artist painted shadows. We can also see the Virgin Mary receiving a light from the sky and the visit of the Holy Spirit traditionally symbolized by a dove with an angel staying by her side. A few fruit are thrown in the foreground and could symbolize God's generosity and mercy.

---------------------

Other artwork plainly depicts the artists interpretation of comets, meteorites and other heavenly phenomena.  The highly stylized representation of unknown objects, especially in earlier times is not all that unusual.  The unknown had a frightening effect on people, giving rise to all sorts of creative visualization.

Van Danekin popularized and ultimately sensationalized many of the paintings shown on this website.  Already exposed as the master of creative story telling, he has none the less spurred the interest of many people. Some of the artwork is certainly intriguing, but common sense dictates that unless more can be learned about the artists thoughts and intentions when creating their art, general impressions and interpretations will vary wildly. Of course artists have never intentionally been mysterious, have they?

MAGIKMAN

:D  :D

I have figured it out Magikman!  You are a time traveler, how else could your writings give such detail of a time that no one knows???  I actually felt as though I was from that period of time, wearing nothing but, uhhh, loin cloth, or leaves, man, I should get dressed. :o

Libraries are always looking for story tellers, especially the ones that bring the book you read into a reality, need a job????   :-*

Man,

Teresa in a loin cloth :o, must you tempt me with erotic visions just to confound me? :-[ Your nefarious ploy to stop my intelligent ramblings r haveing no efect on me....I.....huh? ???

CroMagMan :P

:o

Boy, did you miss a vision.  If you only knew  :-*

That is what is so excellent about the internet, usually, it gives people the luxury of being seen only by the words they type, but you have found me out.  Ok, I am a goddess :-*

How could you have known???? :P

magikman,

What you write is interesting. However can you explain to me the statues that dont look human. If you did not see them go back to the site and in the first few paragraphs you will see, click on historical artwork B.C. Some of these statues require explanation as to what they are because the pros cant do it. The statue from iran is also there.

Mr-X :)

Guest Guest

;D

Ok, time to get back to work, Magikman, give the man an answer; let's see what you have up your, proverbial, sleeve.  FORGET THE LOIN CLOTHS!!!!  Smooches    :-*

The  :) thing is Teresa, magikman has always got an answer for everything which means the man is inteligent. So im quite interested to find out what he has to say.

magikman: What is the meaning of life ???

magikman what do you do for a living.

1. you work for the goverment.

2. Lawyer

3. you work for NASSA.

4. You do nothing.

5. you work for some kind of company.

Which one is it.

Mr-X

Guest Guest

Well, X, if I can call you by your first name, I am sure you know that what you said is true; but, there is always a but, just because a person has alot to say and can actually attach verbs and adjectives together along with nouns, and make it sound like a bird singing, doesn't mean that they are intelligent.  There are different levels of intelligence.  I have seen people ramble on and on with big word after another, but the truth was what they were actually doing was, what I affectionately call, swamboobling, just as I have just done. They try to convince people that actually don't know the meanings of the words they are spewing from their lips, tell me?  It's effective isn't it???  No hard feelings, smooches    :-*

Teresa,

You can call me by my first name anyday of the week.

However magikman does sound like he is very informed on alot of subjects on this forum and thats what i am judging him on.

Mr-X

Well then, I shall.  No, that was the part that I said you were correct about.  He knows what he is talking about.  I actually have a 'nack' for putting words together, and listening to see if it makes sense.Magikman and I have a deep, very deep history of good debates.  Also, he is none of the above on your lists of careers.  What do you do for a living?  Teresa :-*

Reese92,

I would tell you but then i would have to remote view to your house and kill you.

Just kidding i wouldnt do that. I am stll studying at UNI but what i am studying has got nothing to do with the unexplained. I wish i were studying something like the unexplained but unfortunately there are no courses for that kind of thing.(so i think).

Guest Guest

I am going to give you a good piece of advice; you are the best teacher there is, when it comes to the unexplained, reasearch that you, yourself do, that is the only way to find answers to your questions.  I looks at Professors in a totally different light, than most; I think they hide behind the safety of work that was done centuries ago, by people that knew what they believed to be true.  The 'unexplained' is a vast puzzles that spans the ages, the geography, and everything inbetween.  Why are you so interested?   :-*

Mr. X,

Truthfully, the explanation could also be applied to the examples displayed on the page you mentioned. Not in the Christian sense as far as religion goes, but couldn't some of the artifacts and drawings shown be depicting ancient religious icons?(the statues of the lizard men, the Ecuadorian figure, etc.) I don't think that's too far-fetched, is it? There is also this to ponder; you cannot accurately date rock unless you have some corresponding biological substance from the immediate area to test. I see all sorts of inferences to "appears to be from", "approx. dated from", "thought to be 7,000 years old", etc. How was this arrived at and who did it? What were their qualifications? Where is the empirical data and why is there no reference to it? Do you see my point? Again, yes, some of the objects are quite intriguing, some astoundingly so, but I'm afraid I require more than having someone show me a picture of something interesting and adding a few ambiguous words of explanation. Refer back to the discovery of fraud perpetrated by Von Daniken in my previous thread. I do vaguely remember explanations to some of the items shown, but I don't have a perfect memory as to exactly where they came from or the source. I am thinking in my own mind that if somebody where to go through all the trouble this individual has to display these 'anomalous' artifacts,  he would have make some attempt to qualify his position with data more concrete than, "this looks like", "this appears to show", "this may possibly be". Supposition and interpretations are hardly qualifiers of truth. No doubt there are some very interesting artifacts here, I wish I knew the history of some of them myself.

I am a bit flattered by your opinion of me, but it is erroneous. I don't have the answers to everything, not by a long shot. I do have years of experience and the benefit of accumulated knowledge in my favor on some subjects, and I also do like to do research on those things that interest me. Unfortunately, I also suffer the consequences associated with my years, I may be a bit jaded and don't have the patience for perceived ignorance. I hope you can appreciate the fact that I recognize these faults in myself, since I've been pretty hard on you. I would really like to slap you upside the head sometimes though. :D

MAGIKMAN

• 2 months later...