Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bizarre statue

Kageyoshi

Hello

A hour ago I stumbled upon a strange auction on ebay. Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/PLEASE-SAVE-MY-FAMILY-STATUE-/230517057162?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

I really want to help this family, and besides I'm very curious about the supernatural. I wanted to have a supernatural experience ever since I was a kid. But I'm not sure if I'm ready for this kind of stuff. Should I give this statue a shot, or do you think it's too much to handle? All I want is a little bit of some experience, not a friggin demon legion in my house.

If you think that this statue is dangerous, then can someone please share any knowledge how we can get rid of it? Obviously throwing it away won't work, as the fellow explained. I don't even know if purchasing will work. I'd really like to make a bid and in the worst case scenario, try to confine it/destroy it. Could someone recommend anything? Any experience with this sort of stuff?

I'm willing to allow this for now to see what others make of the item and the story behind it.

Unusual eBay auctions have generated quite a bit of discussion over the years.

Thanks.

The reason I opened this thread is because I plan on purchasing this statue, as I said, because of two reasons.

1. I know how hard life is in Macedonia, and I'd like to help this poor family.

2. I'd like to have a paranormal experience myself. I feel that it would be rewarding.

However, I know little, you could even say nothing about the paranormal. I'd like to hear people's opinions. Am i putting myself into some kind of danger? Does this thing show symptoms of evil, malevolent spirits? Is it generally safe to have it in the house?

I know that none of you can provide specific answers, but please, any kind of experience or a good theory or two would be greatly appreciated.

This sounds exactly like the old stories you woudl hear from a friend about Ouija boards. It was moving on it's own, I tried to throw it away but it kept coming back. Sounds pretty weak.

I love the part where he warns you "Please, if you have a weak heart, stop reading NOW and leave this page!"For me that reeks of too much cheese. I think this guy saw how much that colored water that allegedly contained trapped spirits went for and is trying to get money out of someone who believs in this sort of thing.

That being said the statue really is quite interesting looking and the story doesn't hurt the interesting factor either. I'd say if you desire it buy it.

This sounds exactly like the old stories you woudl hear from a friend about Ouija boards. It was moving on it's own, I tried to throw it away but it kept coming back. Sounds pretty weak.

Sorry, i'm not very familiar with these stories.

So, are you saying that it would be generally safe to purchase this thing? I mean, there's no price on it anyway. If it was a scam, i figure that the price would be higher.

However, I am not entirely without reserve. I AM a skeptic about many things, but on the other hand, what if the thing is real? There's always that possibility, no matter how slight.

Well, while I have never corresponded with anyone from Macedonia, the seller seems to be very well spoken. Shipping seems high, but again, from Macedonia it doesn't seem that bad. Bear in mind that it is an auction and not a "Buy It Now" sale, though that can be attributed to the seller never having placed an item up for sale on Ebay. The implication here would be that a dishonest person would look for the price to be driven up by other bids, I'm not insinuating that this person is dishonest.

As to your desire to experience something, the statue hasn't proven malicious(unless you count broken mirrors) but the story ends abruptly and there's no updates as to anything that is still happening(I'm not sure that you can even update the summary of a sale item on Ebay). So, on the one hand something really bad could be brewing, on the other hand it could just be a story and nothing more, on the other other hand(what? It's Unexplained-Mysteries, who's to say there can't be a third hand

?) you could buy this, get it shipped to you and it could end up back in his house which would be crazy, a little cool, and unfortunate that you just paid for it. All I can say is be careful what you wish for, clichéd but true.

Thus, my two cents ends.

Edited by Uncommon Sense

If it's that scary, I would cut my losses and throw it as far away as I could, not sell it. A moving statue doesn't sound like something I would want in my house, especially after watching The Golden Voyage of Sinbad, i.e., Shiva.

Interesting theory.

Yes, agreed that the shipping seems high, but there's hardly any decent earning in it. But (dis)honesty aside, what I'm really interested is...

1. What are the signs of a malevolent spirit? According to the fellow, the charred and pointed to him. This would mean that the statue is interested in him and his grandmother, since later in his story, allegedly the statue is found pointing at her too. This means that a clear statement has been made.

2. Breaking the mirrors could be a sign that the statue can be controlled, but it can also break free. With some further investigation, perhaps someone can find a way to control it completely, but would this somehow provoke the statue? If it's malevolent, the last thing you want is to provoke it, right?

3. The statue comes back. Could this mean that it's somehow tied to the house, location, or it's the people that draw it? About your theory that it might end up appearing back at his house after shipping, I never thought of that actually. I'm gonna contact him via mail and ask him what will happen in that case. I'll post his reply here.

I repeat, I don't know much about the paranormal, so everything i'm saying is purely based on logic. If i'm wrong about anything, please correct me.

Edit:

@ Mantis914

The guy actually tried throwing it away a few times, as stated in the story. The statue allegedly keeps re-appearing in his basement after a short while. This would mean that getting rid of it by throwing it away is not a option. At least that's what the story says.

Edited by Kageyoshi

Interesting theory.

Yes, agreed that the shipping seems high, but there's hardly any decent earning in it. But (dis)honesty aside, what I'm really interested is...

1. What are the signs of a malevolent spirit? According to the fellow, the charred and pointed to him. This would mean that the statue is interested in him and his grandmother, since later in his story, allegedly the statue is found pointing at her too. This means that a clear statement has been made.

2. Breaking the mirrors could be a sign that the statue can be controlled, but it can also break free. With some further investigation, perhaps someone can find a way to control it completely, but would this somehow provoke the statue? If it's malevolent, the last thing you want is to provoke it, right?

3. The statue comes back. Could this mean that it's somehow tied to the house, location, or it's the people that draw it? About your theory that it might end up appearing back at his house after shipping, I never thought of that actually. I'm gonna contact him via mail and ask him what will happen in that case. I'll post his reply here.

I repeat, I don't know much about the paranormal, so everything i'm saying is purely based on logic. If i'm wrong about anything, please correct me.

Edit:

@ Mantis914

The guy actually tried throwing it away a few times, as stated in the story. The statue allegedly keeps re-appearing in his basement after a short while. This would mean that getting rid of it by throwing it away is not a option. At least that's what the story says.

Welcome to UM by the way.

If you're planning on contacting him, it may be worth asking in what condition the mirror was in that was originally tied to the statue(he didn't say in the story), as well as what happened to the previous owners of the house. Basically apply any questions you would ask at a "haunting" story, if we're accepting that the story is true I can't think of any mundane answers as to how the statues spontaneously charred, breaks mirrors or moves around on it's own.

Thanks for the welcome.

I'll ask those things, thanks. Quoting the story,

There were no neighbors near the house, but the people that live nearby have suggested that we do not move inside that house. They wouldn't state why, they just said that it was a bad idea. "If it was a good place, the owner wouldn't abandon it", one lady said.

From this I figure that the owners are still alive, but as you suggested, it wouldn't hurt asking.

This thing really gets me excited. If the story is real, this could really be a unforgettable experience. I never owned any paranormal items, so I'm kinda stepping into the unknown here. Lets just hope that I don't bite more than I can chew with this...

The story is a LOAD to drive up the bidding, don't be one of those suckers who falls for it. "Haunted crap" on eBay is nothing new.

If you want the statue and/or want to help the family by buying it, that's fine - just don't expect anything to happen when you get it.

Edited by Moonie2012

The story is a LOAD to drive up the bidding, don't be one of those suckers who falls for it. "Haunted crap" on eBay is nothing new.

If you want the statue and/or want to help the family by buying it, that's fine - just don't expect anything to happen when you get it.

Wow.. You seem so certain.

Well, your opinion is valid too. But, if it happens to be real, would you accept come live with me and help me battle this thing? :)

Sorry for the double post. I've just received a reply on my e-mail. Here is what it says.

Me:

Hello

I am interested in purchasing the statue that you're auctioning on Ebay. Before bidding, I'd like to ask a few questions. Please try to be as specific as you can in your answers. Thanks.

1. In what condition was the small, tied mirror, and is it still available? Could you post any pictures of it?

2. Who are the previous owners of the house and what happened to them?

3. What's the type of wood that the statue is made of?

4. Is there anything written, embossed or inscribed on the statue?

5. You mentioned that you tried throwing away the statue, but it reappeared in your basement. If I purchase your statue and it somehow reappears back to your home, what can we do in that case?

6. Are there any paranormal activities occuring now?

Thank you for your time

Him:

Good evening

I'm really delighted that someone is interested in removing this thing from my home. About your questions

1 - the mirror was small, square and mostly chipped. Unfortunately, I don't have the mirror anymore. As far as I can recall, it was thrown away when the truck came to pick up the garbage. For the sake of giving you specific answers, I'll go to the house and check the basement, in case that it was left behind. I'm not sure about anything anymore. I hope you understand what I'm saying.

2 - The previous owner of the house is living in Germany currently. His parents lived in that house, but there were no violent deaths or anything of that sort going on. It was a normal house where elderly people lived. About any strange activities such as statues moving by themselves, he wouldn't talk. He implied that the low price is the best that he can give.

3 - I don't really know. Before the incident, the statue had beautiful, bright yellow color and really stunning wood grain. It was a masterpiece. Ever since it charred, it is unrecognizable as to what type of wood it's made of. I guess I could try scratching or chipping it to see, but honestly, my family is disturbed enough as it is. I wouldn't want to anger whatever resides in it any more than this.

4 - No, there are no writings. The front of the base seems scratched badly, almost as if it's not finished. The rest of the statue is very smooth, very fine, but the front is a bit rougher. It could be that there was something written there, but it's not readable anymore.

5 - I don't really know what we can do in that case. I guess, if the statue somehow appears back, and if you still want it back, I'll ship it to you again on my charge, or refund your payment, whatever works for you. Let's just hope that it won't happen.

6 - Me and my grandmother are not living in that house for the time being. We are staying at our cousins. I check the house periodically to see if everything is fine. There is a mirror placed near the statue, and last time (8 days ago) I checked, the mirror was intact. I'll check again tomorrow and report back if you want. Anyway, until the statue is gone, we decided not to return to the house.

Thank you for your interest. Let's just get this over with. If there's anything else I can answer, I'll be more than happy to do so.

The family should bury it in the cemetary next to the house and sprinkle some holy water on it and run like hell!

Honestly, after seeing a statue that was thrown away, re-appear back to my home - I'd be pretty freaked out too. You just don't know what entity you're dealing with here. The burial might work, yes, but what if it aggravates the statue? I can totally understand why the guy is cautious about how he handles this thing. Most people would burn it down, chop it to pieces or destroy it in a similar fashion. As far as anyone's concerned, this statue could be a hunk of wood or a broken nuke. In other words, if not handled properly, it could either have no consequences at all or trigger a disaster. And the worst (or best?) part is - You never know.

Creepy.. If this statue does what he says I don't know if I'd wanna buy it. If I knew how to contain it, I'd say yes and tell you to go for it.

As for it being malicious, I don't think it did anything rather evil, besides being mysteriously connected to the house and its new inhabitants.

You could give it a try, and if it seriously creeps you out and wont leave your house, you could always sell it again :devil:

Thanks.

The reason I opened this thread is because I plan on purchasing this statue, as I said, because of two reasons.

2. I'd like to have a paranormal experience myself. I feel that it would be rewarding.

However, I know little, you could even say nothing about the paranormal. I'd like to hear people's opinions. Am i putting myself into some kind of danger? Does this thing show symptoms of evil, malevolent spirits? Is it generally safe to have it in the house?

I know that none of you can provide specific answers, but please, any kind of experience or a good theory or two would be greatly appreciated.

Tell you what , I lost our home in Nevada almost 2 years ago to foreclosure , we both lost our jobs.( economy)...We moved to Oregon for a Bridge job that ends in 8 months , we will be homeless , unless I can find work.....I will find some things around here , make up some haunted stories for them , put them on Ebay , than you can help someone whom really needs it...I think a guy whom has a firearms collection , hang glides , etc..Speaks 5 different languages , is probably doing pretty good.( That would be your ebay seller)....

So , are you up for helping me out?

Buying a fake story item on ebay will not do this for you...Nothing will really.....I tried , I posted a topic here asking how to invite a demon , spirit , etc....into my home....Nothing works , not ouija boards , not spells , not cussing out God.....Trust me , I tried everything all of these " demon" believers told me to do.....Strange how some come on and ask how to get rid of one , yet I can not get one?

Anyway , that item is a scam.....Boost up the shipping when selling low ( I know , I have done this before , never again )......Here you go , look at these , buy them all , or let me know if I can sell you something?....I have some ashes from our pets , they are haunted...w00t.gif

Check out these links for ebay before you make any decisions........I could post them all day , this should show you what I am getting at.....I hope......If not , you can all ways help out a family in Oregon , actually I do sell DVD slideshows , you know , memorial videos , pet videos , weddings , birthdays , etc.....No one has ordered any....PM me for link if you want :)

haunted doll 1

haunted doll 2

booty enhancement spell

Well, as I previously said, I'm skeptical too, not just about this, pretty much about everything. However, you can't be completely certain. There are some pretty weird things going on in the world, you must admit that, and this could be one of them. I saw the links in your post. They all have super-inflated prices, and i'd agree with you that they look like scams. But for this one, I'm just not too sure.

I guess I'll wait until the last day of the auction, then if the price is still low, I'll make a bid.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG ON!

Hes trying to sell an iten which he admits keeps making its way back to him? Whats the point in selling it if he knows its going to come back. Ill thought out story.

Just to clarify I dont believe its actually haunted, I think its a goof...

But still, hes trying to sell something that hes claiming is just going to reappear with him, despite $30 of shipment charges...I'd put money on the statue doing its disappearing act midway through shipment again and again and again and again....

Come on people, you could at least *TRY* to read through everything. Last night I mailed the guy, asking about this "statue returning" issue. The guy said that he's willing to re-ship the statue back to the buyer in case that happens, free of charge, or offer a refund.

I understand that some of you (us) are skeptics about this, but there's no reason to blame someone if we don't know for sure. Personally, I'd like to believe that the story is real. I've tried analyzing the auction, I've tried looking for any signs of scam, and I found no solid evidence that the guy is a scammer. The price seems low, so there's no earning potential. The shipping seems realistic, since the guy claims that he ships with UPS express, which is not exactly cheap for a package of that size.

Yeah, most people would dismiss the theories that there's anything supernatural about this thing, because of the fact that there was no solid evidence of anything supernatural to this date. Moreover, I've noticed that most people "label" this thing as a hoax just because there were many "supernatural object" hoaxes on ebay in the past. This is not exactly out of the box thinking. What if, just WHAT IF this thing is real? That draws many other question, doesn't it?

What I'm saying is.. Don't go judging this thing as a hoax just yet. It's good to have doubts, but don't be so sure about it either, because MAYBE we're facing with something genuine here.

I see what you mean, and I saw how he said hed reship at his expense, but all I was thinking was there are far easier and quicker ways for him to get the statue away from him much faster than waiting for an online auction, for instance driving it to the other side of town, burying it, breaking it, giving it away, donating it!

Thats what made me think the disappearing act would be a convenient way for him to not post it, because it keeps reappearing mid transit...

If I was trying to get ride of an item I thought was terrorising my family and I, ebay would be the ultimate final place I would bother with...

Im not saying its a scam based on the fact there are other scams on ebay, im saying it could be a scam because on its OWN merit it seems a little off, and theres a perfect opening IN THE STORY ITSELF for it to never show up!

And again I wonder why people don't read through everything before replying. To quote myself, just a few posts above...

Honestly, after seeing a statue that was thrown away, re-appear back to my home - I'd be pretty freaked out too. You just don't know what entity you're dealing with here. The burial might work, yes, but what if it aggravates the statue? I can totally understand why the guy is cautious about how he handles this thing. Most people would burn it down, chop it to pieces or destroy it in a similar fashion. As far as anyone's concerned, this statue could be a hunk of wood or a broken nuke. In other words, if not handled properly, it could either have no consequences at all or trigger a disaster. And the worst (or best?) part is - You never know.

No ive read your posts. Do you really think that selling it WOULDN'T aggravate it but burying it would? If its going to become hostile, its going to happen no matter how you dispose of it. Just because its not actively acknowledged doesn't mean the post hasnt been read.

But after that I wont bother replying to this again, as youre not open to any reply that isnt "go ahead! buy it! its a brilliant idea! Its haunted, but it'll definitely show up and not disappear and will help this mecedonian family". Good luck with that one.