Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bizarre statue

Kageyoshi

kind of reminds me of those "ghosts in a bottle" things that people try to sell. But ya never know what kind of witchcraft could have been done to it. You'll probably never know if it is true or not until you buy it and experience it for yourself.

Thank you. That's what I wanted to know. Someone said that even the seller cannot end the auction early, that it's literally impossible, others said that I need to ask Ebay reps to end it, etc etc.

Now if it's not too much trouble, could someone tell me what the seller needs to do in order to end the auction early?

As far as I remember when selling , once you make a auction , everything stands....No changing , without a long explanation to ebay management explaining why.....And I think than it could not be sold.......

This is going to sound like I am being sarcastic , and I am not........I really want you to re-consider wasting your money on this , I have sold things on ebay , if you want PM me why I say this......

And 100% serious on this.....If you really have $1000.00 for this , how about having a nice memorial video made?...Or a brthday , wedding , etc..You name it.......Yes , this is my plea , and you can be my first customer , have had the website for almost a year , and notta......And as I said earlier , yes , I am out of a job in 9 months , no idea what me and the wife will do....I could really use some money to get a used car , mine is beyond repair and I car pool to work for now.......Anyway , here , take a look at something that is worth it :)

( I am not promoting , I am almost begging )

My Failing Venture

Because they would not have anything left to sell........

Yes , they want to sell this thing , does anyone get this?......Scam no.gif

Sakari, I saw where people were posting about it being a scam. I guess I was trying to get the OP to think...

Sakari, I understand what you're saying.

However, being a 3D designer myself, I really have no need of designing services from any aspect possible. Rest assured, if there was anything you had to sell that would spark my interest, I would consider being your customer.

However, as a sign of good will, all I can personally offer you is to build you a brand new web site, free of charge, and then guide you into adwords. I'm completely certain that those 2 steps will bring you some revenue. Changing your business model would be something to consider since there are tons of free applications out there that can make videos out of images and record them on DVD. Selling something tangible (and possibly handmade) would be the best way to profit.

But that's a different topic altogether.

Edit:

I just found out that I won on the auction. Last night I mailed him about ending the auction earlier. More about it on my blog. Looks like he accepted. I already sent him the payment. How about that, skeptics?

Edited by Kageyoshi

As I said on your blog, it's good news. Hope to see it in your mitts soon.

BTW, that's a really nice thing you've offered for Sakari. Big :tu: to you!

Thanks. I answered the question in the comment. The statue should be here in 2-3 days, assuming that the seller ships it at all.

Sorry for the double post.

Well, what do you know! I just received a e-mail from Ebay notifying me that the seller shipped the item. Seems like he was in a hurry to get rid of it after all. I'll keep you posted about the details.

Enjoy your statue... In my city there's a statue that seems to move directly under pigeon droppings... kidding. Just be careful. Even if the statue isn't haunted or possesed, you may have inadvertantly opened a door to the other side just by buying it. The payment of money could be used as a sacrafice and your willingness to have the paranormal into your home will surely bring something about. Now if you do "enjoy" activity, you can't be sure that it's attributed to the statue, or the act of buying the statue! Good luck!:rolleyes:

Enjoy your statue... In my city there's a statue that seems to move directly under pigeon droppings... kidding. Just be careful. Even if the statue isn't haunted or possesed, you may have inadvertantly opened a door to the other side just by buying it. The payment of money could be used as a sacrafice and your willingness to have the paranormal into your home will surely bring something about. Now if you do "enjoy" activity, you can't be sure that it's attributed to the statue, or the act of buying the statue! Good luck!:rolleyes:

My thoughts are along those lines - now ANY strange behavior in the house will be attributed to this statue. Not that buying it will open a door to the other side, but buying it will open a mental door to attributing things to it that shouldn't be.

Naivety can be a dangerous thing.

Edited by Moonie2012

Well, whether the statue has anything paranormal about it or not, or whether its a scam or not, i still think its an interesting thread to watch lol.

I still want to know the outcome...whatever that outcome is lol.

Edited by Moonlight_Magic

Well if you do buy it and want to get rid of it a hammer; saw or fire should be able to get rid of it. I have recently been chipping some wood. I'm sure this statue would fit in my wood chipper.

I don't think it matters if it's a scam or not...

If it is, Kage still gets a neat statue.

If it's not, Kage has a golden opportunity here to maybe be able to set up some serious investigating. Maybe set it up before the statue arrives to have a camera on it at all times. Keep a journal from the moment it comes. That sort of thing.

Thread cleaned

Can we keep the discussion civil and respectful please.

Many thanks to the good admin for settling this.

@ rashore

Actually Sir, I have already set up such a rig. I've placed a table for the statue in my workshop, which is well illuminated by a lamp, and a stationary camera will record the statue 24/7. I just can't decide whether to place a mirror against the statue or not. By not placing a mirror, I have more chances of catching some activity, but also there's a larger chance that the statue does something unexpected, possibly violent. Although the seller never mentioned such activities, you can never be sure.

Edit:

Forgot to mention that the admin allowed me to keep a blog here about the statue's activity. There's a link to the blog in my signature. That's where I will be writing everything about the statue, no matter if there's activity or not. I'd like to have everything documented on a independent server where everybody can read it. Just in case.

Edited by Kageyoshi

Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I joined the site too late to give you a bit of advice. You should have asked him to put a mirror in the box with the statue before shipping it so that you're guaranteed to receive it.

Also, I can't wait to see what happens. Video tape it every night.

Edit: Also, just like the person above me said, maybe if you get too scared with it if it turns out to be real, maybe all of us can set up a trade where it gets passed around from person to person, lol.

Edited by Darksider94

I don't mind trading the statue with you guys, as long as it shows some activity. If it's too much for me to handle, I'll probably want it away. If you live nearby, and the shipping is not expensive, I'll send it for free.

Other than that, you're right about the mirror in the package. I forgot to tell the seller to put a mirror. Let's hope that nothing happens during these 2 days at least, until it arrives.

If they wanted to get rid of it for real, why list the item for the max time possible and instead they should have come to unexplained mysteries and arranged a deal.

What are you talking about? The auction ended 5 days earlier. I asked the seller to end it sooner, so he did. There was 5 days left on the auction.

Here's a quick thought, have you got a piece of metal, like chrome or whatever that you can polish up?

You could swap out the mirrors and see what happens.

Yeah, I do have many different plates. Aluminum, stainless steel, bronze and most other common metals. Polishing is not a problem too. I'm very handy at working with metals and minerals, so this shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish. Also, the idea is good. If the statue breaks the mirrors as the seller claimed, it must concentrate some kind of force to a specific point. With a metal mirror, I can actually find out how this force is concentrated and where. Aluminum foil stretched perfectly on a frame should do this trick, since it's easily breakable but also it will pinpoint the breaking pattern.

Thanks for the great idea!

Personally, I think that you got scammed. Hard.

However, it's your money to use as you wish; I don't see what the harm could be in an experiment such as this. I am curious, however, as to how the mirror is attached; looking at the statue itself, I can't seem to find any hard points for it to latch to. Was it standing/hanging behind the statue, or...?

Thanks!

From what I understand, the mirror was tied to the statue, possibly by a string or something. I don't really know, it would be best to ask the seller about this, I guess.

Personally, if I had a statue that truely had paranormal properties binded to it, I wouldn't try to sell it to ebay, but just donate it to a paranormal organization.

That way, it's hopefully a burden lifted from the family wanting to get rid of it and studied by those interested to know more about it. No harm, no fowl.

Donate it? Oh, you mean, fool someone into thinking that it's just a normal statue, and give it away as a gift. And what, ruin some family's life? Perhaps traumatize someone's innocent children? Destroy a marriage? Do you have any idea what kind of disturbance can this create? How do you explain to your kids that you've just brought some sort of demonic entity into your home which will move about at will, break mirrors, burn wood, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it?

The seller pretty much gave it as a gift, the statue cost me $10, and even if nothing from this story is real, it's still a gorgeous piece of art. If I put it on Ebay as a handmade art and conveniently "forget" to mention the weird details, I'm sure that I could fetch a few hundred dollars. After all, it is very beautiful, and unique too.

I do have a hint of respect towards the seller. He pointed very clearly what the statue is about. He didn't make any money, so the statue was a gift, but a gift to someone that knows very well what he's accepting. I KNOW what the statue can do, and I accept it. This way, the seller is not responsible to what happens to me.

So, good Sir, I hope you understand now why this thing is so delicate. You can't just go and give it away to random people or try to destroy it. It's unpredictable, you don't know what it can do, for all we know, it could end up even hurting someone. And that's bad :)

Edited by Kageyoshi