Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Satan/Luciferism?

RyuujinBlueZ

I've been poking around in here for a while, and now I'm a bit confused. Just what is Satanism or Luciferism, if there's a difference?

From what I've been able to gather, it's not the slightly scary slaughtering of people and animals in arcane rituals. But if not that, then I'd like to know what it is.

So if someone could kindly either explain it, or send me in the right directions, I'd be grateful. So much so, I might give you fifty (fake) dollars! wink2.gif

Seriously though, I'd like to know. I'd appreciate the help.

Oh, one last thing...Any and all Christians and what have you, please don't bother to preach to me about my soul and how I shouldn't even look into this kind of thing.

After all, if you're going to do that you might as well do so towards my atheist leanings rather than my openmindedness towards various religious thingies.

And the final last thing, another question if I could. Could I get more information on this "demonology" I keep hearing about

Many thanks, and take care all! grin2.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miracle

• Imaginary Friend

• Dennison

• strangebutsmart

AFAIK Satanism was started by LaVey. And they have their own scripture, the Satanic bible. I don't know about Luciferism ... but i guess they are supposed to be pretty much the same thing, and must be evolved from the Christianity itself. Lucifer as Satan, off course is a very erroneous but popular idea, considering the only mention of Lucifer in the scripture actually refered to the Babylonian king rather than a spiritual being.

As far as philosophies go, at least according to some Christian accounts, Satanism does not worship Satan. Rather, they do not acknowledge any higher authority. However there is a fundamental difference between Satanism and atheism, as being a Satanist implies that you believe in the existance of God (the same is true that being a Christian implies that you believe in the existance of Satan).

Regarding the demonic power, i'm not really sure as i've never been involved grin2.gif

Thanks, Psychic.

I'll look into it, though I'm finding it hard to get any real info. Most sites are whiney, angst kids who think its "cool" to praise Satan.

Crazy kids and their classical music, huh? wink2.gif

I remember reading, on another topic, about something like the 11 Satanic Commandments or something. Which were rather nifty, again if I recall right.

• 2 months later...

For more info try to read the satanic bible it explains it all or try

www.churchofsatan.com

For the basics it is just a few things first Satanism could be called humanism a Satanist respects life and life of other beings because there is no afterlife they must live there lives to the fullest by pursuing all life goals a Satanist in my opinion is the highest of all beings alive manly because they don’t let bull stop from living a great life they don’t go out killing people but we warned if you cross a Satanists path and pursue harm they will do anything to protect there life and the life of there offspring over any other so you will be hit down 2 fold of what you delt but who wouldn’t they are just normal people with wisdom that says how things are not trying to cloud peoples minds with a bunch of crap - WOW THATS A RUN ON SENTANCE

Some people ask if Satanist hate the "church" and the answer is hell yes the whole point of the church is to hold there members down and cloud there minds with false hopes I personally fell sorry for anyone that live’s a life filled with these false hopes it doesn’t get them anywhere in life but I will admit it does its job holding these people down from LIFE and LIFE is what Satanism is all about so of course they don’t like the church

That’s some basics of what I presive but I strongly suggest reading the following books which carry inside them the theory and practice of Satanism

The Satanic Bible

Satanic Rituals

The Devils Notebook

Live and indulge into life for this is it once your dead the earth will indulge on you

Hail Satan

For all friends

Satan

*shrugs* Lucifer is only a minor roman god...

I dont believe in God

Why would I believe in satan?

good point. But satanism is the worship of Satan

who is a Bible caracter classified as a powerful

angel who fell to earth and is decievig mankind.

why do people ALWAYS use figures of speech around here?

we have a spirit. Or should I say, our spirit has bodies.

people around here think they just know everything its sad

301969[/snapback]

huh.gif

All I know of satanism is that it started by Anton Lavey who wrote the satanic witch bible. I have read much of Aliester Crowleys works as well which to me indicates the same thing....Yes some Satanists do sacrifice animals as do some witches offer sacrifies too.

DNS

xxx.

This is from about.com:

Keep in mind that satanism goes much farther back than 1966, as Levely is considered the modern father of satanism.

History/Founder/important persons/saints:The father of the modern Satanic movement is Anton Szandor Lavey, who founded the Church of Satan (hereafter referred to as the COS) in San Francisco in 1966. Other important people include Michael Aquino, who founded the Temple of Set (TOS) in 1975 as an alternative to the COS, and there is a popular offshoot which prefers the teachings of Aleister Crowley over those of LaVey, known as the FCOS, or First Church of Satan. Numerous other organizations exist, most founded in similar ideaology to one of the major groups

Satan and Satanism :There are several types of Satanic belief systems. The most common is Philosophical Satanism, wherein Satan is not believed to actually exist, but is seen as a sort of mascot for personal liberty. Most modern Satanic groups, especially the COS, fall into this category. (It should be noted that some prefer to place this and similar groups under the label of "religious" Satanism due to their ritual practices) Satan is not viewed as a living entity, but as an ideal. Much of the thought behind this particular belief system is in opposition to Judeo-Christian ideals that are seen as weak or ineffectual. In philosophical Satanism, the emphasis is on individuation, personal growth and human potential. There are no pacts, sacrifices, or criminal behaviors accepted or encouraged, altohugh some do intentionally cultivate a 'spooky' or intimidating image. This type of belief is likely to be embraced by people who feel powerless in their every day lives, but this is not neccessarily true of the majority. In Satanic ritual magick, Satan embodies the principal of Set- the destruction of the ego neccessary for spiritual rebirth.

Myths and misconceptions: Myths, fears, and outright paranoias abound in regards to Satanism. A form of hysteria known most commonly as "Satanic panic" blossomed in the eighties with allegations of a sweeping, organized, and pervasive Satanic cult responsible for everything from the disappearance of children to the popularity of soy foods.* After several sweeping arrests of supposedly Satanic child care workers accused of sexually abusing children en masse, reports of adult victims 'recovering' memories, the panic eventually trailed off. In depth studies on 'recovered' memories discovered that they were largely a result of dubious therapeutic techniques, and an official FBI report on Satanic Ritual abuse concluded that not only did the widespread Satanic conspiracy not exist, but that religious abuse of children was most likely to be committed by Christians. Of course, the occasional report of the mentally deranged committing murder in the name of Satan do still occasionally make the news, but these are largely eclipsed by reports of abuse and murder committed by members of more mainstream religions.

Code of Conduct: Satanists of the COS follow the Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth:

1 Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

2 Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure that they want to hear them.

3 When in another's lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

4 If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

5 Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

6 Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the person and he cries out to be relieved.

7 Acknowledge the power of magic if you have used it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

8 Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

9 Do not harm little children.

10 Do not kill non-human animals unless attacked or for your food.

11 When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

That Doesnt sound good to me.

DNS.

xxx.

actually, from what I've researched there are THREE kinds of satanism (or three families whatever you want to call it).

1. Modern Satanism, this is lavey which everyone here has already talked about.

2. Spiritual/traditional Satanism: this is a form of satanism where Satan IS the main deity and his "demons" are followers, they DO NOT sacrifice animals or advocate hurting people or crime or any of those things. However, satan is really a benevolent demon and is the old god who appeared to many civilizations under a different name, for the sumerians it was ea/enki and for the egyptians it was Ptah. But then jehova and his followers came and satan and his followers were outnumbered, and he couldn't be with his people on earth anymore. (The 'demons' [satan's followers] are benevolent also and can be called upon for help, in egyptian heiroglyphics they are depicted as the other gods, like anubis and horus and such, they are shown teaching people how to do things like archery and agriculture).

You can learn more (which I suggest you do because there's tons more than I can put into one post) at www.joyofsatan.com I like to call this spiritual satanism instead of traditional, because sometimes crappy sites that are about the 3rd form of satanism come up, which is truly the ugliest form of all.....

3. Devil Worship: devil worship is worship of the judeo-christian form of satan, the horned rubbery winged one. I don't know if this one really exists, I think it was largely used as a scare tactic for people by the christians. These people do sacrifice animals (they're supposed to anyway) though they are usually angsty teens who have no idea what they're doing and just want attention. Murderers sometimes claim to have been instructed by this false form of satan (if you didn't get it earlier, I am a spiritual satanist).

That's all I have to say, I hope it helps you! original.gif

That is perhaps...more than slightly inappropriate, yes huh.gif...if not deleted, it should perhaps be edited...the parts that need editing should perhaps be obvious tongue.gif

Anyway...it sounds rather a bit like the typical, comic booky version of satanism, rather than anything that might actually be going on...

Was into Satanism for a bit... Anton bought me and some other kids pizza at a local pizza place. He passed out books and stuff, I guess I was around 11 - 13 yrs old at the time. Seemed like a nice guy, even if a little wierd. Still have those books in storage somewhere I'm sure. Brings back some odd memories for sure heh. I liked the do as you will part.

For myself, I can just say nowadays "it's stupid", but to explain why would take alot of research and looking stuff up and bleh. I lived it, expierenced it, studied it, found it wanting and just don't feel like supporting factually all over again what I've found to be true and moved on from sometimes. It's not altruistic, it's just formed hate... in my opinion.

If I remember right back then my main ambition in life was to be a warlock lol. I wanted to live forever so I could read every book ever written and study and see everything in the world, even the unseen spirit world, to become knowledge. I remember trying to find out how to summon a power to give me knowledge. Used to have it all memorized, lots of 'Golden Dawn' stuff, now I can't remember any of it haha.

The last line is really disturbing. I just wander how anyone could like to love or worship anything that is that hateful dark evil.Many different types of religions scarafice animals as a ritual. I think many can become obessed with the desire to have total control within their spiritual side to life and think they are gainning some sort of power that brings about a mighter than now feeling. I also think that many people are just empty inside and long to fill the void within and go on to find the wrong kind of spiritual fillings. I don't understand satanism nor do I wish to. If you wish to fine its your soul that will be destroyed just don't drag me down with you on the dark side. dontgetit.gifstretch.gifeek7.gifdevil.gif

Hi RivuujinBle, (hope I got your name Right)

Read my Darkness topic in this thread if you havent already done so....That should explain a few things for you.

Deadly Nightshade.

xxx.

• 1 year later...

even though i do not inloved in satanism, but as i human there was 2 points i admire the character of satan.....first he is the only one who had the courage to challenge god and i admire him for that is that sometimes i also do not agree all the things preach by god............the 2 point is his creative power of able to influence so many of his angels follower. that part of him that i admire but the rest of the character of himself i am sure is madness.and that wat i dislike about him.

even though i do not inloved in satanism, but as i human there was 2 points i admire the character of satan.....first he is the only one who had the courage to challenge god and i admire him for that is that sometimes i also do not agree all the things preach by god............the 2 point is his creative power of able to influence so many of his angels follower. that part of him that i admire but the rest of the character of himself i am sure is madness.and that wat i dislike about him.

Wow you'll get beaten up by religous followers that think that good is the only way to go.And not only that, even nonbelievers will join the beating, because even if god wasn't real nor satan nonbelievers will think that you're suggesting for people to be bad,and is showing a bad example. :lol:

The real truth? Around the middle of the 1300's, the Church had failed miserably to completely supress Paganism, specifically Diana worship. They issued an edict condemning those who still worshipped Diana on the hillside (heath-hence heathens, duh?).

The claim was made that the worshippers of the moon goddess would rub their bodies with a magic ointment, each enchanted mushrooms (now identified as amanita muscaria) and fly on broomsticks. When it failed to scare anyone, the next year they reissued the edict, changing Diana to Satan. Bam! In less than 50 years, entire monasteries of monks and convents of nuns actually went satanic for real! By the year 1400 they were all over europe (mainly in France). These people practiced bizarre sex acts (some same-sex, some with both) in group orgies, and asked for satan to manifest their wishes. Lavey's modern version pales before the middle ages original, which was as much as invented by the rcc. this is where we get the strange accounts of satan's genitalia being cold, but his semen warm, as they used a dildo filled with fresh warm sperm to impregnate a willing virgin, much like the essene practice around 2000 years ago,, which is probably the origin of Jesus' virgin birth, since his parents were probably essenes. the object used by the (jewish) essenes was referred to as "Gabriel's horn", get it? food for thought...

Satanism comes in many forms, esp. witchcraft & the occult. You know that before you enter an occult u have to make an oath promising to be a devout Satanic follower? And they say if you're in2 Satanism then you have the devil controlling you almost entirely. He keeps you busy torturing people (especially yourself, whether you realize it or not) and He's always telling what to do to who and when. If you've chosen to be a Satanist, then you've put yourself in a crappy situation. :devil: :angry2: