Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Deja Vu

Frontier

I've been having a LOT of deja vu moments lately. I usually have deja vu once a week. But I've lately been having those moments twice or three times a day. What could this mean? I heard once that deja vu is connected to psychic ability, but I've also read that it could be connected to some disorders. And it could just be something the brain does sometimes.

What do you think?

• Like 1

i had a dream once that i was playing this game and it was a starwars game. an old game from the xbox. well it was the ending of the game too. because 2 years later i played starwars the old republic and the eneding was the same as that of two years ago. i keep track of my dreams and day dreams. and when i wrote that dream down i read it whenm i played that game saying da\eja vu. i think u should keep recored of your dreams and if something seems like deja vu look it up in you dream siary or book thing. I'm waiting for one to happen with demons comeing up in 2012. i seemed so real in my dream.

i had a dream once that i was playing this game and it was a starwars game. an old game from the xbox. well it was the ending of the game too. because 2 years later i played starwars the old republic and the eneding was the same as that of two years ago. i keep track of my dreams and day dreams. and when i wrote that dream down i read it whenm i played that game saying da\eja vu. i think u should keep recored of your dreams and if something seems like deja vu look it up in you dream siary or book thing. I'm waiting for one to happen with demons comeing up in 2012. i seemed so real in my dream.

I try to keep a dream diary. I don't always get my dreams written down. But I'll be sure to keep track of them better, just for curiosity's sake. :)

i had two dreams like that very strange

one i was standing near the sidewalk of my town and i saw a convertable passing by playing george micheal music at full volume.

then it happened in rl exactley like my dream

the other one was we were in a parking lot and walking to the shops when i saw two people shouting and arguing about a parking space and again it happened exactly in real life

• 1 month later...

i had two dreams like that very strange

one i was standing near the sidewalk of my town and i saw a convertable passing by playing george micheal music at full volume.

then it happened in rl exactley like my dream

the other one was we were in a parking lot and walking to the shops when i saw two people shouting and arguing about a parking space and again it happened exactly in real life

Congratulations on being aware of what most people are not.

Everyone dreams and a some dreams have precognitive import.

You've had a lot more than this throughout your life, whether you're aware of it or not.

Deja Vu is often real life witness of such dreams. But since most cannot/do not remember their dreams, they're unaware of this.

And thus the 'wierding out' feelings.

I have no idea why or how or what causes or allows this to occur. I just know there are such things from my own years of dream journaling and studies. It happens. Because we subconsciously 'remember' seeing/experiencing/witnessing an event ahead of it's 'time', when it actually happens we 'feel' as if we've seen it before...because we kind of have. I won't extend the branch of self-fulfilled prophecy and subconscious manipulation to see it so. As far as we're consciously concerned, it's the same either way.

Whether this is related to or can mimic the biological process that can cause these in the brain I do not know.

It's more likely that these finite experiences mimic that process rather than the other way around.

This discounts the other theories concerning past lives, time/dimensional travel, etc.

Hard enough to understand what we CAN somewhat 'get at' without moving on to what we cannot yet (as far as I know anyway).

I have noticed over time that there are 'spikes' in which I experience precog or possible precog.

Sometimes clustered around emotional/stressful/etc times, sometimes not. (Sry, can't explain that either...it's just meaningless empirical data).

When you try to understand the theories concerning spacetime that have been born from Einstein's contributions, it's a bit easier to 'swallow' the pill of partial belief on this one. But it still doesn't explain enough for my tastes.

I though Deja-vu simply meant that u have been in that plave somehow before...Right? It could be from ur dreams or Even in ur past life :P Never know aj? :D

• 2 months later...

Before I discovered I had precognition/clairvoyance, (they're basically the same thing) I realized I was having Deja Vu numerous times a day. I was also having dreams that occurred the next day, too! I'd like to improve my skill, but I'm unsure of how to practice it? Any tips, any tips at all. Not just this! I'm also practicing aerokinesis, pyrokinesis, and cyrokinesis.

I've been having a LOT of deja vu moments lately. I usually have deja vu once a week. But I've lately been having those moments twice or three times a day. What could this mean? I heard once that deja vu is connected to psychic ability, but I've also read that it could be connected to some disorders. And it could just be something the brain does sometimes.

What do you think?

Maybe an awareness of a gift..

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

Whoa, I could've sworn there was another thread last week on Deja Vu? or was there? :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

I get Deja vu a lot, one time I remember in class, there was a projector and I remembered yellow grass, next week it happened.

I can't remember it all, because it was like a year ago.

• 2 weeks later...

one day i had a wierd dream about me shaving my eyebrows and then i woke up and was like wtf?? then 2 days later i was applying this hair lightner cream on my eyebrows because i dyed my hair lighbrown, so i had to also dye my eyebrows, and i was there, starring in the mirror and for like 3 seconds everything was exactly like my dream, in my dream i wondered; why was i shaving my eyebrows? but i wasnt, in real life it was just the cream which looked alot like shaving cream idk it was wierd. i get "those" from time to time, but i can also tell the diff when its a dream ive had or a dejavu; which i can just feel like ive done all this all over again and i even get old feelings..its so wierd.

ive had also had those time when u just keep getting them and im like, am i suppose to be getting a hint of something? like a message? but nothin happens eh..idk man *shrugs*

What do you think?

I have always interpreted deja vu as my different lives colliding. Like parallel lives.

And if you collide and have deja vu, its because one of your lives have lived it before.

I also think that maybe it is reliving a life and making the same decisions.

But I don't really know. But every time I have deja vu, I have a strong sense and a strong

memory impression of actually living it before and other events that surrounded the occurrence.

Even to the point of how many times it has happened.

It means there is something abnormal going on in the temporal lobe of your brain. I believe in supernatural stuff, this sensation just doesn't happen to be one of them. link

I think that incidents of "Deja Vu" are simply sign posts and we're exactly where we are meant to be at the time we have them. Just a feeling I have.