Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alien predators - would you put our eggs in their basket ?

UM-Bot

Nigel Kerner: I have written two books postulating the idea that if the UFO phenomenon as we know it is a genuine one that is present in terms of our physical reality and functioning under the sensory premises of humanity. We are, as the species homo sapiens sapiens, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the likely victims of a terrifying subterfuge, a subterfuge that can change the very nature and nurture of the human condition once and for all with a change that might rob us of a feature that underlies our very basic existential meaning as living beings.

On the Discovery Channel in his program ‘Universe’ broadcast earlier this year, Stephen Hawking gave his opinion that the existence of alien life is almost certain and that amongst such alien life there could be a few life forms that are intelligent and might pose a threat to humanity. “To my mathematical brain, the numbers alone make thinking about aliens perfectly rational,” he said. “The real challenge is to work out what aliens might actually be like.”

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Drev

• a vampire wears my boxers

• dougeaton

• Superglobe

I'd say if they were to harvest Earth, they would've already done so. Incase they havent discovered Earth yet, we humans will likely drain Earth before they do.

I didn't read the whole article though I might later. I got to the part where he throws around names like Stephen Hawking and Michio Kaku and tries to link them with alien visitation, misconstruing their statements all together. First impression: the author is an idiot.

I didn't read the whole article though I might later. I got to the part where he throws around names like Stephen Hawking and Michio Kaku and tries to link them with alien visitation, misconstruing their statements all together. First impression: the author is an idiot.

The thing that bother me about those statements, like S.H. said that our discovery of new civs never went peacefully, is that it's based on human evolution. And even us humans are taking a different approach to things than we used to 400 years ago, we don't butcher newly discovered civs, we force our ways on them. Which is already way less harsh than murdering them.

Just my 2 cents.

NO NO! no! no aliens are always thought of as invaders and they want to kill us and eat us or some stupid **** if aliens are any smarter than us humans then they would be peaceful! why would they want to start wars and kill and hurt and be violent when there is no need there is plenty of resources throught the universe so why the **** would they strip our planet of resources so u can suck my dick steven hawking for trying to convince people that a race of human-like beings originating from another planet like ours would want to hurt us thats like racist it is racist like wtf these beings from other planets are probably studying our planet and our behavior i mean humans would do the same thing if we came across a planet of people less intelligent than us but our race is ****ing stupid and violent so wed probably end up starting **** with them but really extra terrestrials are not gunna hurt us if they are smarter than us i mean doesnt it seem like only stupid people are violent and people that are peaceful are smarter and insightful really this whole article is bull and i hate people spreading articles like that i mean really that makes people scared of aliens cuz when they think of aliens they think of green people with big eyes but when i think of aliens i think of beings similar to us just more spiritually evolved and smarter and very insightful and wise i belive that they have been studying us for a long long time

why does everyone give so much credit to these "more intelligent than humans" aliens? peaceful? just because they fly the cosmos? i wish everything was buttercups and roses the way some see possible aliens. i dont think that aliens would be peaceful just because they are smarter. that is just wishful thinking. what if their equivalent of religion calls for them to "spread the good word"? enlighten these savages they have found on this backwater planet. the same way they have done it here. sweet bloody divinity.

So you're telling me intelligent beings with enough physical science to travel FTL are going to come all this way just for something to eat? Makes about as much sense as the plot to Peter Jackson's 'Bad Taste', just not funny at all.

Highly speculative psuedo-science. I prefer a good science fiction novel, plenty of good authors Asimov, Clark, Heilein, Pohl. Hawkings, should stick to what he knows best. I loved a brief history of time, but I doubt I'll even bother with this book.

Reminds me of various conspiracy theories involving alien control of McDonald's. Entertaining, but not likely in the least.

That's actually essentially it.

It started as a joke by an artist whose name I can't recall, but some people apparently take it quite seriously.

why does everyone give so much credit to these "more intelligent than humans" aliens? peaceful? just because they fly the cosmos? i wish everything was buttercups and roses the way some see possible aliens. i dont think that aliens would be peaceful just because they are smarter. that is just wishful thinking. what if their equivalent of religion calls for them to "spread the good word"? enlighten these savages they have found on this backwater planet. the same way they have done it here. sweet bloody divinity.

If they can advance to the point that they can tranverse vast expanses of space, I would think they would be peaceful because they would be more rational that we are.....we are in fact not a rational species at all. We are short sighted, hence our wars, even though we know they are useless. We create cultures that are inhuman and short lived because we make the same mistakes over and over again........no we are just apes with a low IQ. I doubt we will surive long enough to really get into space. We will destroy each other first.

Nope, to be able to travel in space points to a rational, peaceful life form

doug

If they can advance to the point that they can tranverse vast expanses of space, I would think they would be peaceful because they would be more rational that we are.....we are in fact not a rational species at all. We are short sighted, hence our wars, even though we know they are useless. We create cultures that are inhuman and short lived because we make the same mistakes over and over again........no we are just apes with a low IQ. I doubt we will surive long enough to really get into space. We will destroy each other first.

Nope, to be able to travel in space points to a rational, peaceful life form

doug

hopefully that would be the case.

It has a strong religious undertone, the message. And it is essentially just regurgitating most of what has already been said, albeit with the author's own sentiments. The last part is perhaps the most interesting to me however:

Yet near death experiences point to an awesomely beautiful reality beyond the physical that transforms the lives of those who glimpse it. The value of thoughts and actions that are the obverse of the predator-prey relationship are immediately apparent to these individuals. Could it be that interference from an artificial bio-mechanical roboidal source is leading us away from this value system? Could they be leading us to follow their artificial format and perhaps program our own genetic structure into roboidal entities that we ourselves create to survive the rigours of space travel and re-construct our DNA in suitable hosts.

Give us time. And we will, one day, in the far-flung future, pierce the Heavens. On our own terms.

Edited by Sylent Nyte

The article's first sentence either needs the word "if" removed or have it's full stop replaced by a comma.

Maybe there are aliens among us. They could be the size of microbes for all we know. If there are macroscopic, space faring aliens, they needn't have transcended the speed of light. They may have been traveling for millions of years. The possibilities are wonderfully endless.

It has a strong religious undertone, the message. And it is essentially just regurgitating most of what has already been said, albeit with the author's own sentiments. The last part is perhaps the most interesting to me however:

Give us time. And we will, one day, in the far-flung future, pierce the Heavens. On our own terms.

Well, there is no we, and on our own terms......we will most likely be dead :blush: , if that should ever happen.

doug