Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Novo

Bush not a moron, but a physcopath.

Novo

Bush's Erratic Behavior Worries White House Aides

By DOUG THOMPSON

Publisher, Capitol Hill Blue

Jun 4, 2004, 06:15

President George W. Bush's increasingly erratic behavior and wide mood swings has the halls of the West Wing buzzing lately as aides privately express growing concern over their leader's state of mind. In meetings with top aides and administration officials, the President goes from quoting the Bible in one breath to obscene tantrums against the media, Democrats and others that he classifies as "enemies of the state."

Worried White House aides paint a portrait of a man on the edge, increasingly wary of those who disagree with him and paranoid of a public that no longer trusts his policies in Iraq or at home.

"It reminds me of the Nixon days," says a longtime GOP political consultant with contacts in the White House. "Everybody is an enemy; everybody is out to get him. That's the mood over there."

In interviews with a number of White House staffers who were willing to talk off the record, a picture of an administration under siege has emerged, led by a man who declares his decisions to be "God's will" and then tells aides to "**** over" anyone they consider to be an opponent of the administration.

"We're at war, there's no doubt about it. What I don't know anymore is just who the enemy might be," says one troubled White House aide. "We seem to spend more time trying to destroy John Kerry than al Qaeda and our enemies list just keeps growing and growing."

Aides say the President gets "hung up on minor details," micromanaging to the extreme while ignoring the bigger picture. He will spend hours personally reviewing and approving every attack ad against his Democratic opponent and then kiss off a meeting on economic issues.

"This is what is killing us on Iraq," one aide says. "We lost focus. The President got hung up on the weapons of mass destruction and an unproven link to al Qaeda. We could have found other justifiable reasons for the war but the President insisted the focus stay on those two, tenuous items."

Aides who raise questions quickly find themselves shut out of access to the President or other top advisors. Among top officials, Bush's inner circle is shrinking. Secretary of State Colin Powell has fallen out of favor because of his growing doubts about the administration's war against Iraq.

The President's abrupt dismissal of CIA Directory George Tenet Wednesday night is, aides say, an example of how he works.

"Tenet wanted to quit last year but the President got his back up and wouldn't hear of it," says an aide. "That would have been the opportune time to make a change, not in the middle of an election campaign but when the director challenged the President during the meeting Wednesday, the President cut him off by saying 'that's it George. I cannot abide disloyalty. I want your resignation and I want it now."

Tenet was allowed to resign "voluntarily" and Bush informed his shocked staff of the decision Thursday morning. One aide says the President actually described the decision as "God's will."

God may also be the reason Attorney General John Ashcroft, the administration's lightning rod because of his questionable actions that critics argue threatens freedoms granted by the Constitution, remains part of the power elite. West Wing staffers call Bush and Ashcroft "the Blues Brothers" because "they're on a mission from God."

"The Attorney General is tight with the President because of religion," says one aide. "They both believe any action is justifiable in the name of God."

But the President who says he rules at the behest of God can also tongue-lash those he perceives as disloyal, calling them "****ing *******s" in front of other staff, berating one cabinet official in front of others and labeling anyone who disagrees with him "unpatriotic" or "anti-American."

"The mood here is that we're under siege, there's no doubt about it," says one troubled aide who admits he is looking for work elsewhere. "In this administration, you don't have to wear a turban or speak Farsi to be an enemy of the United States. All you have to do is disagree with the President."

Magikman

It's a little difficult to judge the credibility of this 'story', as it comes from a someone not recognized and/or affiliated with an acknowledged news source. This is an individual who publishes his own, highly biased reports, often without substanciation or confirmation. You can see his website HERE.

A google search brings up quite a few instances where Thompson seems to have made up large parts of his 'stories' by misrepresenting statements or lying outright. Here's one example of his fabrications; Click Here

Then again, you might argue he has all the necessary tools for being a news reporter. tongue.gif

MM

DC09

What a load of garbage. rolleyes.gif

hunterkiller2001

by

It's a little difficult to judge the credibility of this 'story', as it comes from a someone not recognized and/or affiliated with an acknowledged news source.

i assume you mean controled media?

pffffffffffffffft

I few friends of my GF protested bush as he drove through thier town on a Bush-cheney bus.

he was all smiles and giggles until he saw them.. he made an angry face, and gave them the bird.

they have a pic.. but the glare from the flash on the bus windows is blocking out a good portion of our dear president.

So I'm working on enchancing it.

bathory

i assume you mean controled media?

so if i was to come out with an article that libeled you...you would be ok with it because i'm not part of the government controled media?

Babs

"democratic hype"

nightbird

this isnt new news.

Let me go search back through some files and find other articles for you

nightbird

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publ...icle_4687.shtml

Prominent DC Shrink Diagnoses Bush to be a Paranoid, Sadistic Meglomaniac

A new book by a prominent Washington psychoanalyst says President George W. Bush is a "paranoid meglomaniac" as well as a sadist and "untreated alcoholic." The doctor's analysis appears to confirm earlier reports the President may be emotionally unstable.

Dr. Justin Frank, writing in Bush on the Couch: Inside the Mind of the President, also says the President has a ""lifelong streak of sadism, ranging from childhood pranks (using firecrackers to explode frogs) to insulting journalists, gloating over state executions ... [and] pumping his fist gleefully before the bombing of Baghdad."

Even worse, Dr. Frank concludes, the President's years of heavy drinking ""may have affected his brain function - and his decision to quit drinking without the help of a 12-step program [puts] him at far higher risk of relapse."

Dr. Frank's revelations comes on the heels of last week's Capitol Hill Blue exclusive that revealed increasing concern by White House aides over Bush's emotional stability.

Aides, who spoke only on condition that their names be withheld, told stories of wide mood swings by the President who would go from quoting the Bible one minute to obscenity-filled outbursts the next.

Bush shows an inability to grieve - dating back to age 7, when his sister died. "The family's reaction - no funeral and no mourning - set in motion his life-long pattern of turning away from pain [and hiding] behind antic behavior," says Frank, who says Bush may suffer from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.

Other findings by Dr. Frank:

His mother, Barbara Bush - tabbed by some family friends as "the one who instills fear" - had trouble connecting emotionally with her son, Frank argues.

George H.W. Bush's "emotional and physical absence during his son's youth triggered feelings of both adoration and revenge in George W."

The President suffers from "character pathology," including "grandiosity" and "megalomania" -- viewing himself, America and God as interchangeable.

Dr. Frank has been a psychiatrist for 35 years and is director of psychiatry at George Washington University. A Democrat, he once headed the Washington Chapter of Physicians for Social Responsibility.

In an interview with The Washington Post's Richard Leiby, Dr. Frank said he began to be concerned about Bush's behavior in 2002.

"I was really very unsettled by him and I started watching everything he did and reading what he wrote, and watching him on videotape. I felt he was disturbed," Dr. Frank told Leiby. Bush, he said, "fits the profile of a former drinker whose alcoholism has been arrested but not treated."

Dr. Frank's expert recommendation? ""Our sole treatment option -- for his benefit and for ours -- is to remove President Bush from office . . . before it is too late."

White House spokesman Scott McClellan refused to comment on the specifics of Dr. Frank's book or the earlier story by Capitol Hill Blue.

"I don't do book reviews," McClellan said, even though he last week recommended the latest book by the Washington Post's Bob Woodward to reporters at the daily press briefing.

"Dr. Carolyn Williams, a psychoanalyst who specializes in paranoid personalities, is a registered Republican and agrees with most of Dr. Frank’s conclusions.

“'I find the bulk of his analysis credible,' she said in an interview. 'President Bush grew up dealing with an absent but demanding father, a tough mother and an overachieving brother. All left indelible impressions on him along with a desire to prove himself at all cost because he feels surrounded by disapproval. He behavior suggests a classic paranoid personality. Additionally, his stated belief that certain actions are "God's Will" are symptomatic of delusional behavior....'

it should be noted that one doctor is republican, one is democrat.

yet boht reach the same conclusions.

then again.....I suppose it could just be "democratic hype", but the research coupled with Bush's own actions are showing differently

CatAstrofix

This should go to conspiracy theories, but couldn't it be possible that Bush isn't anything more than a puppet? Somebody else is pulling the strings? No self-respecting PR-stuff member would let him give the kind of speeches he does, if it didn't serve some meaning, and obviously, they don't compliment Mr Bush much.

BTW, last times that I've seen him in tv, I think that the glare he used to have in his eyes is gone now. Maybe he has realized that he's been used, his presidency is over, and soon he's no more than a political corpse...

Don't now take this too seriously, this is just my thinking, I have nothing to back this up.

Dancing_Dumplings

This should go to conspiracy theories, but couldn't it be possible that Bush isn't anything more than a puppet? Somebody else is pulling the strings?

lol play metal gear solid 2...and you'll really start thinkin bout our gov. lol

Stellar

Bush? Yeah he has some problems. I'm not sure about the sadist meglomaniac stuff, someone I know who talked to him (who hates him and supports Kerry) told me that he's actually pretty smart. I'd like to see a few follow up and indepth studies of Bush mental state though.

As for him being paranoid... wouldnt you?

danielson

LA LE LU LAI LO

LA LE LU LAI LO!

gunsmilie.gif

bathory

Bush isn't a dumbass

an amusing article that slaps around the hollywood elite:P

Talon

If is true though, we should note:

"Everybody is an enemy; everybody is out to get him. That's the mood over there."

Stalin was very fond of this line of thought huh.gif

One aide says the President actually described the decision as "God's will."

"They both believe any action is justifiable in the name of God."

Hasn't Osma Bin Ladan been quoted as saying something similar tongue.gif

Novo
This should go to conspiracy theories, but couldn't it be possible that Bush isn't anything more than a puppet? Somebody else is pulling the strings? No self-respecting PR-stuff member would let him give the kind of speeches he does, if it didn't serve some meaning, and obviously, they don't compliment Mr Bush much.

BTW, last times that I've seen him in tv, I think that the glare he used to have in his eyes is gone now. Maybe he has realized that he's been used, his presidency is over, and soon he's no more than a political corpse...

Don't now take this too seriously, this is just my thinking, I have nothing to back this up.

for there to be a conspiracy someone must be trying to hide something, bush (like hitler) is making his plans well known to blow the **** out of iran iraq and north korea. of course north korea will probably do what saddam couldnt. use nukes original.gif

Stellar

One aide says the President actually described the decision as "God's will."

Well, some people do believe that everything happens for a reason. Even though I dont agree with it... those people are even on our forum. But suddenly its wrong to believe that if it has anything to do with Bush?

Hasn't Osma Bin Ladan been quoted as saying something similar tongue.gif

Dont lots of religious people believe this too? I dont see them complaining about it until it has something to do with the Bush admin.

Babs

Cheney is pulling the strings. Cheney is the real president. original.gif Why do you think he is always in an undisclosed location? original.gifwhistling2.gif

Edited by Babs

Stellar

Lmfao... I was just watching "This Land is Our Land" and what you just said gave me an awsome idea for the end of a cartoon. I just gotta figure out what the beginning would be... but the end would be Cheney sitting in a dark room with a bunch of computer monitors and stuff, he starts laughing.... and then gets a heart attack.

Talon

Hasn't Osma Bin Ladan been quoted as saying something similar

Dont lots of religious people believe this too? I dont see them complaining about it until it has something to do with the Bush admin.

Anyone who says “any action is justifiable in the name of god” is fruit-cake.

You know what, I think I’m gonna go kill my neighbour, and I’m gonna justify it as ‘in the name of god’. You know I’m gonna go rob a bank, and I’m gonna justify it as ‘in the name of god’. You know I’m gonna forget the Geneva convention, and I’m gonna justify it as ‘in the name of god’. You know I’m gonna send my army in to slaughter all these people, and I’m gonna justify it as ‘in the name of god’.

Stellar

I didnt mean if you say "its for God." I mean if the person looks at the Bible, and interprets that what he's gonna do is the will of God. Just like how people believe preaching about their God is what God wants...

Talon

I didnt mean if you say "its for God." I mean if the person looks at the Bible, and interprets that what he's gonna do is the will of God. Just like how people believe preaching about their God is what God wants...

I must admit, I don’t get the Bible or Koran grin2.gif