Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who's Afraid of Shariah ?

Persia

It is socially accepted because it is harmless.

And recently a form of protest------>comedy gold

:w00t:

I looked at the pic in the other thread and didn't even see how they were protesting, till now. Classic :tu:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lion6969

• shadowhive

• markprice

• Beckys_Mom

alright fair enough, but could you explain to me how could you be gay. alot of homosexuals say they were born gay does that mean when you were a kid you had gay thoughts?

When I was a kid....I hated being near boys....heck I used to think boys ruin my fun lol...I never knew I was straight as a kid...in fact I was only intrested in just being a kid....it wasn't until I reached my mid teens when I realized I was attracted to guys...and thats when it hit me...omg I soooo like him he is cute...and it went from there......

I think it's the same for us all...gay or straight....we don't realize it until one day we look at someone and find ourselves hooked...and thats when we know who we are or what we are...it just happens

To add - gay or straight... we can't explain why we like certain people... I mean take me for one - I find men like - Brad Pitt or Hugh jackman attractive..... when other females will find Colin Farrell or Keanu Reeves attractive <-- I don't...I personally can't stand the sight of them....I can't explain why..I just don't think they are attractive...yet I am still straight...some men I like and some I don't

I worked with a gay lad once Ashley... he was the same....even thouhg he was gay... there were some men he liked and a lot of men he couldn't stand...

So I think it works the same for us all regardless ................I know one thing...if someone offered me a billion dollars and said... in order to keep that billion...I must chose to fall in love with another female...well personally I can't wrap my head around that idea...I can't make myself do it...I know if I tried, it wouldn't feel natural for me..and therefor I would loose that billion dollars in a shot

No the problem is bisexual people and gay people. according to studies gay people are very permiscuous which causes the spread of diseases, they do not use condoms they have unprotected *spam filter*. they do not get to know the person, they just go to a club and get who ever they can that is why the percentage of gays and bisexuals that have stds is higher then that of heterosexual people with stds. that is the point that you are missing. evidence in my first link, which i will post again, shows that according to a study 75% of white gay males claimed to have had more that 100 lifetime parteners. even heterosexual men dont have that many partners and if they do i doubt it will be 75% of them.

http://www.corporate...ealth_Risks.pdf

and this post of yours....

I forgot to add something sorry, only hetrosexuals who have no religious believes do this, you would not see this type of thing from religous people wether they are christine, muslim, jewish or hindu most religions do not allow for such things to happen, i feel that these things are wrong and should not be allowed in society either its not right for someone to have so many partners all it does is cause problems amongst people, and the spread of stds

You just re-joined the forum today right after getting banned last night

Your posts are still the same as Power Lusts and your other ID - Inner Space... posting up things about gays trying to make them see they have something horrible wrong with them...........that document you have just posted up...and your posts that are in fact offensive to all gays...accusing them of spreading diseases... you need help boy...you posted up a document like that last night too before you got kicked off the forum again....

If you are that troll.............FFS give it a rest.... Saru hs had to get rid of you so many times it's not even funny

If I am wrong.. then it is one mighty hell of a coincidence that you just happen to post up similiar documents on how bad gays are like the last troll did last night .and post up the same kind of posts about gays..... you head straight for this thread too... that would make a real coincidence indeed

For a troll to be able to make so many i'd 's they must have some system set up especially do to it and hide their IP....sad !!!

Edited by Beckys_Mom

This and your last post both made me smile, because you're so right. It's always good to be reminded that not everyone is so narrowminded. It is pretty sad they need it to be a choice and that they can't accept anything that says otherwise. It seems they have a greater concern for making other people miserable then anything else in regards to this subject. They don't care who gets hurt along the way as long as they have their disgusting homophobia to fall back on.

Thankfully that belief is fading, but the ones that cling to it still manage to scream the loudest.

I always find it strange how they want to destroy us as if pose some form of great threat to their religion.

Awww, good. You should be proud for how much you've stood up for yourself, 60+ pages or not. And if they want to believe it's a choice, then they can lock up in their little narrow world and believe that, but when they start trying to infect someone else to change and believe they aren't what they are or how they feel about what they are and convince them of that to suit their means, it's selfish and it's crossing the line. And it does hurt people, it does, and you wonder why, is it God they are pleasing or the threat of someone being born gay disputing their investment on their scripture. They're not going to destroy anyone, this is fading fast, and amazingly enough, the sky hasn't fallen where it's accepted so there's another empty threat put to rest.

Awww, good. You should be proud for how much you've stood up for yourself, 60+ pages or not. And if they want to believe it's a choice, then they can lock up in their little narrow world and believe that, but when they start trying to infect someone else to change and believe they aren't what they are or how they feel about what they are and convince them of that to suit their means, it's selfish and it's crossing the line. And it does hurt people, it does, and you wonder why, is it God they are pleasing or the threat of someone being born gay disputing their investment on their scripture. They're not going to destroy anyone, this is fading fast, and amazingly enough, the sky hasn't fallen where it's accepted so there's another empty threat put to rest.

Thanks. I guess I do it because how much I got picked on as a kid and I find it reprensible that adults do essentially the same thing just in the name of religion. I know what I am in my heart and they could say it till their voices ran out that I was going to hell and it wouldn't change a thing. If their god wants to judge me on something I have no control over then that's not the sort of god I want anything to do with. I do wonder why being gay seems to be such a big thing with religious people that they'll cross a lot of lines just to be against it. It seems pointless.

Yeah, gay marriage is legal in places like Iceland and Canada and the world hasn't ended. Eventually homophobia will be a thing of the past and it can't come soon enough.

Thanks. I guess I do it because how much I got picked on as a kid and I find it reprensible that adults do essentially the same thing just in the name of religion. I know what I am in my heart and they could say it till their voices ran out that I was going to hell and it wouldn't change a thing. If their god wants to judge me on something I have no control over then that's not the sort of god I want anything to do with. I do wonder why being gay seems to be such a big thing with religious people that they'll cross a lot of lines just to be against it. It seems pointless.

Yeah, gay marriage is legal in places like Iceland and Canada and the world hasn't ended. Eventually homophobia will be a thing of the past and it can't come soon enough.

Well, you're one of the lucky ones, I'd say, not that meaning what happened when you were a kid, but I can't imagine what it would be for someone who was born that way and raised up with this shame, and even more this Shariah, punishing them is just the most alien thing to me. That's what I don't understand, let's hold on to these certain verses and then there's some real horrors done in the OT and we look at those as just the way things were back them, so to me this is just the same. And if you compare a place where Shariah is in full force as to somewhere like Canada, where would you rather live? I know I'd be terrified to live in a place where they stone people and kill them for who they're attracted to. I have no desire to return to OT times, but that seems like the objective.

Well lets set this straight Becky's mom...beings how you seem to be the speaker for Shadow now...At NO POINT did I see a post from Shadow saying that he felt suicidal,

At no point did I suggest he said it either... so if you want to know why I mentioned suicidal when ref to your post previously... lets take a look....

If that upsets you, makes you sad, forces you to be mad, or even makes you feel suicidal...oh well, get over it.

Ok..that right there was what you said in your post to shaddow.....how can anyone say that so someone who is gay and is in defending gay rights in a topic that is based on a law that punishes homosexuals...he has a right to post as much on gay rights and complain about faiths that do in fact go against it..especially when he noted he was agnostic and was soon told by the muslim that agnostics are just plain lazy....so he had to explain WHY he didn't go into any religious faith that condems homosexuality ....I find his side to the whole arguement UNDERSTANDABLE... like it .......or not... if you don't like the thread going on and on about homosexuals..( well it was obvious you didn't hence your complaining post telling him to get over it....)..... then don't complain about it ignore it...I am sure there are plenty of other threads you could get stuck into...I saw that a tad pointless...as the actual topic at hand was based on Shariah law... so homosexuality is one of their laws they are against.and they forbid it......did that escape your notice?? :hmm: And he wasn't trying to change a muslim's mind on homosexuality he was only trying to get him to understand it....and there was nothing wrong with that.... you could have said if it makes you feel mad or upset...get over it as muslims hold on to their faith and won't change their minds...and left out the suicidal part..just saying that alone was pretty low...

Moving on...

And just because you KNOW an admin personally, or indicate that you do, doesn't give you the right to swing that info like a judgmental hammer

Ohh jumping to your own conclusions are we?? FYI I do not know admin personally... what I do know is - it is a rule in here not to mock and show any arrogance towards members over their lifestyles and faith ect....as homosexuality is a lifestyle then yea it covers it...... People do not need to know the admin personally to be able to read rules...its not rocket science...

Adam and EVE not Adam and STEVE'

This is the part of your post I ref to as mocking... for I know that joke is as old as the hills but only set out to mock homosexuals....and you typed it in CAPS to lay the emphasis...

OH WAIT>>>> OH MY GAAAWWWD>>> WE ALREADY HAVE 62 BLOODY PAGES OF THAT!!!!

Again typing in caps yelling it out like that clearly shows you set out to have a dig at him for his defence...and you didn't stop to think that the homosexuality is under Shariah law...they forbid it.......you directed it all at him for his defence... you didn't care to read Lions posts that told Shaddow that because he was agnostic it was a lazy way out...so shaddow had to inform him why he remains agnostic...due to their laws on homosexuality ect...

YOU CAN ARGUE ALL YOU WANT- YOU CAN DENY IT ALL YOU WANT- YOU CAN BE UPSET- YOU CAN DISAGREE- YOU CAN TRY TO CONVINCE OTHERWISE>>>>> BUT THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THAT ISLAM, AND THEREFORE MUSLIMS WILL NEVER ACCEPT, BELIEVE, APPRECIATE, ENCOURAGE, RECOGNIZE, ALLOW OR CONDONE HOMOSEXUALITY.

not once have I tried to see if I could get muslims to change their views on homosexuality...I don't see the point...I understand it's written in their faith... in fact if you bothered to read my post to Lion...you will note I stated - I didn't see him say anything insulting nor have I seem him mock .... he has argued non stop but he isnt breaking rules..he has a right to defend his faith...just like Shadow holds a right to defend his lifestyle and explain why he wouldn't join a faith for those reasons..he doesn't need you to come in typing in CAPS homophobic jokes about gays and telling him- if it all upsets him or makes him feel suicidal he should get over it <-- thats just low

Now you can come back and complain some more...I don't care look see what you do...nothing you can say will make me change my mind...I call it how I see it... Now you can rant until the cows come home...I said my peice...so if you do not see a reply to further complaining...don't look so surprized... like I said Isaid my peice..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Well, you're one of the lucky ones, I'd say, not that meaning what happened when you were a kid, but I can't imagine what it would be for someone who was born that way and raised up with this shame, and even more this Shariah, punishing them is just the most alien thing to me. That's what I don't understand, let's hold on to these certain verses and then there's some real horrors done in the OT and we look at those as just the way things were back them, so to me this is just the same. And if you compare a place where Shariah is in full force as to somewhere like Canada, where would you rather live? I know I'd be terrified to live in a place where they stone people and kill them for who they're attracted to. I have no desire to return to OT times, but that seems like the objective.

I know. It's why I'm so against people doing it because these people are being made terrified of just being themselves by their religion or government. The people are responsible are no better then bullies, using the bible or quran as a sheild for their own prejudice. I don't get the point of the punishments. It makes absolutely no sense to me either. I don't get the fixation with clinging onto them. Lion's been like 'why should we bend over backwards for you' but removing just a little thing that srves no purpose is not exactly bending over backwards.

I don't get why they want to so badly. It seems creepy.

BM, sadly some people are just plain ignorant. And in light of the fact that gay kids are prone to commiting suicide then it really is a low thing to say.

Blieve me, if I'd known anyone personally that had for that readon I'd have reportd it on the spot.

BM, sadly some people are just plain ignorant. And in light of the fact that gay kids are prone to commiting suicide then it really is a low thing to say.

Blieve me, if I'd known anyone personally that had for that readon I'd have reportd it on the spot.

Aye, I understand...hence when I saw that remark if it makes you sad, mad or even makes you feel suicidal... <-- that I saw instantly as just a low thing to say...I do not care what reasons there was ..I don';t care look see if they tried to later pass it off as if it were a joke... it is stil a low thing to say to anyone... for we know that gays have felt suicidal and have struggled with it...so to say that was just so freaking careless. . and there is no excuse... and the Adam and Steve joke <-- over here it is only ever said out of spite to mock gays...its seen as a snidey remark

There is a world of difference between those that say - I am against homosexuals due to our faith...and someone just blurting out snide remarks... a big difference... One is acceptable...the other no excuse...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Aye, I understand...hence when I saw that remark if it makes you sad, mad or even makes you feel suicidal... <-- that I saw instantly as just a low thing to say...I do not care what reasons there was ..I don';t care look see if they tried to later pass it off as if it were a joke... it is stil a low thing to say to anyone... for we know that gays have felt suicidal and have struggled with it...so to say that was just so freaking careless. . and there is no excuse... and the Adam and Steve joke <-- over here it is only ever said out of spite to mock gays...its seen as a snidey remark

There is a world of difference between those that say - I am against homosexuals due to our faith...and someone just blurting out snide remarks... a big difference... One is acceptable...the other no excuse...

Yeah, I struggled with it too so to have someone say that joke or not is a horrible and disrespectful thing to do.

Yeah that joke is so annoying and old. There wasn't even an Adam and Eve like in the bible to begin with!

The irony is that scientists have dubbed the genetic male and female ancestors of us Adam and Eve. Funny thing is, it was the 'Eve' that came first... at least a thousand years before the 'Adam'. Pretty amusing if you ask me.

I think I will just leave this article here for you guys to discuss at this point:

http://articles.sfgate.com/2004-02-07/news/17414549_1_bruce-bagemihl-homosexual-gay-penguins

It appears that homosexuality is found in nature. One other thing I want to add. In some cases it is indeed a choice. Last year I worked with a girl that was lesbian. She had a very bad marriage and after the divorce she went to the other side. Watching her it was obvious she wasn't gay. The way she interacted with male customers, the whole situation surrounding her homosexuality ... it just wasn't convincing to me. I found out two weeks ago that she broke up with her girlfriend and went back to guys. So for some people it is indeed a choice, but I don't believe so for the whole population. Anyway back to lurking and laughing.

I think I will just leave this article here for you guys to discuss at this point:

http://articles.sfgate.com/2004-02-07/news/17414549_1_bruce-bagemihl-homosexual-gay-penguins

It appears that homosexuality is found in nature. One other thing I want to add. In some cases it is indeed a choice. Last year I worked with a girl that was lesbian. She had a very bad marriage and after the divorce she went to the other side. Watching her it was obvious she wasn't gay. The way she interacted with male customers, the whole situation surrounding her homosexuality ... it just wasn't convincing to me. I found out two weeks ago that she broke up with her girlfriend and went back to guys. So for some people it is indeed a choice, but I don't believe so for the whole population. Anyway back to lurking and laughing.

I've tried that before. Anti-gay people don't seem to accept animals doing it as it being natural.

I guess someto make the choice, especially after situations like that. They do it to try something new mostly. For the majority of people it's not a choice, but some gay people do pretend to be straight for years, even marrying and stuff so... people of both sides do it.

I've tried that before. Anti-gay people don't seem to accept animals doing it as it being natural.

I guess someto make the choice, especially after situations like that. They do it to try something new mostly. For the majority of people it's not a choice, but some gay people do pretend to be straight for years, even marrying and stuff so... people of both sides do it.

TV host and comedy actor Michael Barrymore did that... he foreced himself to love a woman and was married to her for years.... then one day it got too much he broke down..and came out.... he said he loved the woman but not like a straight man would feel - in love.... His wife remained good friends with him

I guess if gays are taught how hetro is normal.. then they must think, well if being straight is normal...I must try to make it work...so they chose to try and make a go of it.. thinking it will take the gay feelings away... it never seems to work out though

you can run....but you cannot hide

No the problem is bisexual people and gay people. according to studies gay people are very permiscuous which causes the spread of diseases, they do not use condoms they have unprotected *spam filter*. they do not get to know the person, they just go to a club and get who ever they can that is why the percentage of gays and bisexuals that have stds is higher then that of heterosexual people with stds. that is the point that you are missing. evidence in my first link, which i will post again, shows that according to a study 75% of white gay males claimed to have had more that 100 lifetime parteners. even heterosexual men dont have that many partners and if they do i doubt it will be 75% of them.

And straight people do not also do this? I haven't had one straight friend that has not, at some time (and often MOST of the time) done exactly what you have described. They don't have sex with less people because they choose it, it's because they just didn't get to do it with everyone they wanted to. And the ones that use condoms do so only because their afraid of pregnancy. If pregnancy is not an issue (and, truthfully, even sometimes when it is), they go without. The problem is NOT with the gay community being different, it's the issue of all sexually active adults not being able to grasp the importance of protection. Too much emphasis is placed on protection as a pregnancy prevention and not as a disease prevention.

You have no idea how many of my girl friends have gotten a curable STD and shrug it off and STILL do not use condoms unless its to prevent pregnancy. Or the straight males I know or have heard of that have gotten a curable STD, and continued to spread it around because, being "curable", it's nothing to worry about. I don't care what study was done because I know some of my friends freely admit to lying to their OB-GYN's about how many partners they've had and have, from experience of prior instances and knowing what is used in treatment, gotten antibiotics for some unrelated thing and used them to "fix" an STD they got. And, make no mistake about it, the handing out of antibiotics is a big issue we face, as they are given out too frequently and sometimes just "in case", making them easy to get a hold of.

The only testing these people get is when they believe they've fixed their problems and they go to see if tests come out negative. If it does, then their case of an STD is completely off the books and unusable in any study.

The friends I have in the gay community seem to be a little more responsible when they contract something and they immediately go to a doctor. Their case is recorded and documented. . .free of use for "studies". I have not had one gay friend that has not made it a habit to get tested regularly, yet I have many straight friends who do not.

I don't think the people I've run into in life are just a closet group, I believe those practices are found all over the country. Therefore any study done on the subject should be taken with a grain of salt.

Please tell me again how this is not a violent system or belief?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101111/wl_sthasia_afp/pakistanunrestreligionchristian_20101111144507

It's pretty disgusting that these people do this. Of course it's likely not 'true' shariah but the fact that shariah even condones it as a form of punishment says enough.

TV host and comedy actor Michael Barrymore did that... he foreced himself to love a woman and was married to her for years.... then one day it got too much he broke down..and came out.... he said he loved the woman but not like a straight man would feel - in love.... His wife remained good friends with him

I guess if gays are taught how hetro is normal.. then they must think, well if being straight is normal...I must try to make it work...so they chose to try and make a go of it.. thinking it will take the gay feelings away... it never seems to work out though

you can run....but you cannot hide

Yeah and then Barry moore was happy when he came out that he needed to take drugs and become a junky, ruin his life and find a dead gay lover in his pool drowned and over dosing on recreational drugs. This statement of mine means nothing before you try and get s meaning out of it (this post is not directed at you alone becky :) ).

Anyway, I went away for a few days. The first thing I said to myself coming back to UM, is that I bet this thread is hijacked by homosexuality again, as though 62 pages is not sufficient.

Shadow. We know you won't accept Islam, you also know no one is trying to convert you, you also know what islams position is clearly, you also know that everyone knows your position clearly. No compulsion. So please stop compelling and move on.

Becky. The arguments you make and other posters, are déjàvu because they have been constantly repeated. Instead of detailing the thread, your not alone in this, setup a separate thread for homosexuality and discuss to your hearts content.

Conclusion. Everyone has an opinion, that's good, it's been clearly expressed now get off the carousel and move on, or set up a gay thread to discuss as much as you want. The majority of the religious population globally and non religious population will never accept it as normal or natural. On the flip side homosexuals or bisexuals, will never accept that opinion, that's fine. Neither partyshpuld compel the other. I'm afraid the motives of some is bent on transforming people to accept homosexuality, this is wrong, just as wrong as preaching on this forums. There is no difference.

Kystranger- there is a separate thread on the poor Christian woman sentenced to death. My only point is, tragic, wrong so damn wrong and finally I wish Pakistan was wiped off the face of the earth. Does that make you feel better now?

Hundreds of time I have said the people or leaders or nations don't represent Islam, full stop. Only the Quran and hadith represent Islam in it's true light, people acting in accordance to it represent Islam. Pakistan is one of the most corrupt nations in the world, military dictators, bent politicians, ilterate thugs in power, but guess what who keeps them there, you do and we all do, by voting our leaders who come in and line their pockets. Obviously Pakistan is on the frontline against terrorism and losing more than anyone made more sacrifices than anyone, but when you get 7billion dollars to keep president zardari in power, things will never change. Ilteracy rates etc in Pakistan are very high, this adds to such ignorant behaviour as shown in your link. Trust me I can show far worse things they have done to their fellow Muslims. Either way it's not Islam and it's appalling.

Yeah and then Barry moore was happy when he came out that he needed to take drugs and become a junky, ruin his life and find a dead gay lover in his pool drowned and over dosing on recreational drugs. This statement of mine means nothing

You're right your statement means nothing.. for the drug usage has nothing to do with his sexuality..and it's Barrymore...not Barry Moore

Becky. The arguments you make and other posters, are déjàvu because they have been constantly repeated. Instead of detailing the thread, your not alone in this, setup a separate thread for homosexuality and discuss to your hearts content.

Homosexuality plays a big part of this topic.. it is one of the laws that is forbidden under - Shariah law.... if you do not wish us to keep on addressing it..then do not quote us to draw more attention to it...why not just hop and skip to other laws of Shariah that people do not like... ? Edited by Beckys_Mom

Yeah and then Barry moore was happy when he came out that he needed to take drugs and become a junky, ruin his life and find a dead gay lover in his pool drowned and over dosing on recreational drugs. This statement of mine means nothing before you try and get s meaning out of it (this post is not directed at you alone becky :) ).

Anyway, I went away for a few days. The first thing I said to myself coming back to UM, is that I bet this thread is hijacked by homosexuality again, as though 62 pages is not sufficient.

Shadow. We know you won't accept Islam, you also know no one is trying to convert you, you also know what islams position is clearly, you also know that everyone knows your position clearly. No compulsion. So please stop compelling and move on.

Conclusion. Everyone has an opinion, that's good, it's been clearly expressed now get off the carousel and move on, or set up a gay thread to discuss as much as you want. The majority of the religious population globally and non religious population will never accept it as normal or natural. On the flip side homosexuals or bisexuals, will never accept that opinion, that's fine. Neither partyshpuld compel the other. I'm afraid the motives of some is bent on transforming people to accept homosexuality, this is wrong, just as wrong as preaching on this forums. There is no difference.

Kystranger- there is a separate thread on the poor Christian woman sentenced to death. My only point is, tragic, wrong so damn wrong and finally I wish Pakistan was wiped off the face of the earth. Does that make you feel better now?

Hundreds of time I have said the people or leaders or nations don't represent Islam, full stop. Only the Quran and hadith represent Islam in it's true light, people acting in accordance to it represent Islam. Pakistan is one of the most corrupt nations in the world, military dictators, bent politicians, ilterate thugs in power, but guess what who keeps them there, you do and we all do, by voting our leaders who come in and line their pockets. Obviously Pakistan is on the frontline against terrorism and losing more than anyone made more sacrifices than anyone, but when you get 7billion dollars to keep president zardari in power, things will never change. Ilteracy rates etc in Pakistan are very high, this adds to such ignorant behaviour as shown in your link. Trust me I can show far worse things they have done to their fellow Muslims. Either way it's not Islam and it's appalling.

Lion it's an awful shame that you miss the point entirely, hence why this goes round and round so much. It's a shame that you're apparently such a smart person, but can't seem to grasp the concept.

The religious view is what influenced the non-religious people into that view too (often through learning it from others) and the religious view is toxic. Sorry, but there's no other way to describe it. Homophobic religious people will gladly cast aside their principles to get rid of gay people or otherwise restrict their rights, sometimes to the point of imprisonment or even death.

So basically it's not just 'homosexuality is a sin so I won't do it' (which seems to be your view) it's 'homosexuality is wrong and no one should do it and if anyone does we should punish them' (which is the view of the ones you're defending).

So you're perfectly fine with your religion allowing that. You're perfectly fine with religion saying that gay people should be treated as scum and less then human, that they should be bullied and forced to convert, hide or leave because of something they have no power of. Well I must say is lovely and enlightened, especially since you have gay friends and collegues. If your religion told you to stab them in the back you'd probably glad do so, just because your religion said it.

Now look at it conversely. What do gay people want? Well equal rights and acceptance. That's all. Acceptance of homosexuality is in no way damaging or destructive. Religious people tend to rabbit on about how the 'world will end' if gay rights are allowed, but the places where it is guess what? The sky hasn't fallen or anything.

No one is going to force a straight person to be gay but conversely, straight religious people want gay or bi people to be straight.

Now you look at the two sides and say which one is trying to force it's way more and which one is out to actively do damage. The answer is simple.

In the end people choose their religion. People don't choose to be gay. So give me a good reason why a group that made a choice should have dominion over those that don't?

Religion can be a good thing, but it's resources are wasted condemning homosexuality and it should lose it since it serves no benefit to anyone. It is in no way ok for a religon (any or all) to maintain this prejudice just because it's 'holy book' says so. Just like it's not ok for a government to treat all black people as slaves, women as cattle or banish someone because of their religion.

Shame you can't grasp that extremely simple concept.

Edited by shadowhive

You're right your statement means nothing.. for the drug usage has nothing to do with his sexuality..and it's Barrymore...not Barry Moore

Homosexuality plays a big part of this topic.. it is one of the laws that is forbidden under - Shariah law.... if you do not wish us to keep on addressing it..then do not quote us to draw more attention to it...why not just hop and skip to other laws of Shariah that people do not like... ?

Barrymore then! My statement was to put in perspective the apparent miserable life he lived as a hetro in comparison to when he came out of the closet. It just puts things in persecutive. Was he happier?

Homosexuality has been dealt with comprehensively, over 62 pages dedicated to it. So it's been given enough attention. This minority issue has been exhausted, islams, and all religions are clear on their position. So why you trying impose a view on people, compulsion is not needed. You understand the position, you have clearly stated your opposition and why? That's it, you cannot force people to accept it, if that's the case start on your own door step first.

Lion it's an awful shame that you miss the point entirely, hence why this goes round and round so much. It's a shame that you're apparently such a smart person, but can't seem to grasp the concept.

Grasp what concept. The concept of homosexuality? My position is clear.

The religious view is what influenced the non-religious people into that view too (often through learning it from others) and the religious view is toxic. Sorry, but there's no other way to describe it. Homophobic religious people will gladly cast aside their principles to get rid of gay people or otherwise restrict their rights, sometimes to the point of imprisonment or even death.

Lol. So in your perfect secular way of life accomodatec by a secular system, it's religions which has caused the people to largely not accept homosexuality. Which religion might that be which is not giving you full rights as a gay person. Don't talk nonsense, like I said sort your own doorstep out first before you impose your view else where. Sort your own house first, my house is mine, and I shall believe and accept as I wish, get over it and stop compelling people to accept something which they find distasteful. Also stop twisting words to suit your own whim and accommodate your argument. Irreligious or religious and the majority of the people do not hate gay people as you keep making it out to be, it's the act and the lifestyle that entails it. Get over it. We hate the act not the people, the latter in my opinion and most religions opinion can reform. You don't agree that's good and I respect that. Now you need to respect an alternative way of life and opinion, rather than try and force homosexuality down peoples throat.

So basically it's not just 'homosexuality is a sin so I won't do it' (which seems to be your view) it's 'homosexuality is wrong and no one should do it and if anyone does we should punish them' (which is the view of the ones you're defending).

No my point above addresses it and the other 62 pages. I defend homosexuality is a sin just like heterosexual fornication is, no difference, you know this, but you also like carousels.

So you're perfectly fine with your religion allowing that. You're perfectly fine with religion saying that gay people should be treated as scum and less then human, that they should be bullied and forced to convert, hide or leave because of something they have no power of. Well I must say is lovely and enlightened, especially since you have gay friends and collegues. If your religion told you to stab them in the back you'd probably glad do so, just because your religion said it.

Your way of life tells you that if no one adopts your way of life then invade them and bomb them! Everyone has power over their choices and behaviour, you don't have power over race and other genetic preconditions, homosexuality obviously is not one. I don't accept it, so does that mean you will impose it on me, if you could you would probably carpet bomb my house. See how it hurts when someone twists your words and makes BS about you or your religion etc. Bit of your own medicine.

Now look at it conversely. What do gay people want? Well equal rights and acceptance. That's all. Acceptance of homosexuality is in no way damaging or destructive. Religious people tend to rabbit on about how the 'world will end' if gay rights are allowed, but the places where it is guess what? The sky hasn't fallen or anything.

There is no advantage or benefit to society too. Gay rights to an extent where you are, like I said order your own house sort your doorstep first, then lecture and impose on elsewhere.

No one is going to force a straight person to be gay but conversely, straight religious people want gay or bi people to be straight.

I think if you could you would, your already forcing people to accept it, compelling people, why don't you just open a new thread, where you can discuss it to your hearts content. You want us to understand your opinion and we do, but we disagree. So are we trying to force you to accept our view? No. So stop preaching and compelling, accept the opinion understand the position and disagree. We know everything we need to know regarding this and your view. Bring something new to the debate, or move on. We are bored of addressing your selfish purpose to impose acceptance of homosexuality on religious people, get the largely irreligious to accept it, get your government to give you what they want, but why you want other nations to accept your way of life is beyond me, what next bomb or destroy anyone who is not for homosexuality, why not vote in a gay primeminister who will give you what you want?

Now you look at the two sides and say which one is trying to force it's way more and which one is out to actively do damage. The answer is simple.

In the end people choose their religion. People don't choose to be gay. So give me a good reason why a group that made a choice should have dominion over those that don't?

Both made choices. Go back to 62 pages for elaboration and stop repeating. You sound like a religious fantatic bent on converting people to homosexuality. Looking at both sides both views are clear, it's upto the individual which they accept, neither I or you can force anything on anyone, you seem to be hell bent on imposing your view hence the constant repitition like a preacher. If it was a religious person compelling people like you are, derailing threads where majority has been dedicated to homosexuality, the mods, you and the irreligious would have gone nuts by now and have the thread closed.

Religion can be a good thing, but it's resources are wasted condemning homosexuality and it should lose it since it serves no benefit to anyone. It is in no way ok for a religon (any or all) to maintain this prejudice just because it's 'holy book' says so. Just like it's not ok for a government to treat all black people as slaves, women as cattle or banish someone because of their religion.

Shame you can't grasp that extremely simple concept.

shame you can't get over it, shame you cannot accept an alternative way of life and opinion, shame you compel your view on others, shame on you that you keep derailing the thread.

My friend, our dialogue is over, full stop. As much as I enjoy it, your intolerance of other views regardless whether you agree or not, constant compulsion, constant repitition, and love of carousel is enough for me.

Good day mate. I am not responding to any of your posts, because it's all about how we should accept homosexuality to suit you, your whim your way of life, over own values, culture, opinions and most of all our religion. Ain't gonna happen.

Barrymore then! My statement was to put in perspective the apparent miserable life he lived as a hetro in comparison to when he came out of the closet. It just puts things in persecutive. Was he happier?

Homosexuality has been dealt with comprehensively, over 62 pages dedicated to it. So it's been given enough attention. This minority issue has been exhausted, islams, and all religions are clear on their position. So why you trying impose a view on people, compulsion is not needed. You understand the position, you have clearly stated your opposition and why? That's it, you cannot force people to accept it, if that's the case start on your own door step first.

You played a huge part in the entire homosexual arguement.... if you did not want it to go on and on .. then wouldn't it have ben wise to skip over it?? No one can make you give any responses... you made the choice to keep replying...

You played a huge part in the entire homosexual arguement.... if you did not want it to go on and on .. then wouldn't it have ben wise to skip over it?? No one can make you give any responses... you made the choice to keep replying...

I have skipped it and will continue to do so, I contributed to 62 pages on the subject. I am happy to do more on another thread, but turn this thread into a homosexuality thread is wrong. I have been fair and adressed it as much as possible, infact becky for a thread not about homosexuality, I have given it ample time and pages to it, so I gave it special treatment because of shadow and the dialogue we had. It's been exhausted, there is nothing more to add, nothing new to add too, it is boring repition that shadow is adopting in order to look as though he has won the argument. Oh ****! I just realised that is what it's all about. So I concede, your right and shadow is right, YOU WIN! Can we move on now? If that's all you wanted to hear shadow there you have it, for the benefit of others, this thread and justice to the subject, YOU WIN shadow, no please move on, you not gonna compel anyone.

Sorry for that becky, I literally realised what it might take to move on. As much as we disagree I concede to move on. What else do you want?

Sorry for that becky, I literally realised what it might take to move on. As much as we disagree I concede to move on. What else do you want?

Well as you are pasionate with your belief and your culture ( fair play to you)... why not just post up the positive side ....if you get my meaning??