Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Driving test passed at 960th attempt

Still Waters

A South Korean grandmother has become a national celebrity by passing her driving test at the 960th attempt.

Cha Sa-soon, 69, whose surname coincidentally means "vehicle" in Korean, is now appearing in a prime-time advertisement for Hyundai, Korea's largest carmaker.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ExpandMyMind

• Slorri

• Non sequitur

• Stratocaster

Would've cost around 300 grand if she was trying over here. Probably more with the criminal money making system we have installed. And that's not including lessons in between the tests.

so let me get this straight

1. shes a woman

2. she's asian

Doesn't do much for eradicating stereotypes.

While I admire her determination--I would not let this woman drive my children anywhere. :no:

This reminds me of one of my sisters. When she was 15-16 she took her test for her permit 13 times and flunked every time, then gave up. This is when it was all common sense questions. I never even studied and got 100%. She is now 56 and a while ago began again. She took classes and got the permit on her second try. Now she is taking driving lessons. Some people are not meant to be behind a wheel of a car. I pray she never passes that driving test. :rolleyes:

Now that brightened my day, but really good for her. I think I'm going to save this on my laptop and bring it out whenever I get ready to give up. Really 960th, this had better not be a typo and actually be 96th. Then again thats alot too. :tu:

so let me get this straight

1. shes a woman

2. she's asian

Doesn't do much for eradicating stereotypes.

:lol:

That was funny.

Bad driving includes both genders. This show on the Travel Channel features America's worst drivers.

not only does it include both genders it includes all races and ages

"I wanted to get a driver's licence so I could take my grandchildren to the zoo," Mrs Cha explained.

And all the animals stood waiting in great expectation. mellow.gif

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't pass by about the 5th time you shouldn't be allowed a license, because your obviously not going to be safe :P

Edited by Finity