Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DNA evidence of Bigfoot

DieChecker

http://www.cryptomundo.com/bigfoot-report/bigfoot-dna/

Now David Paulides of North American Bigfoot Search.com and the author of Tribal Bigfoot has been busy collecting bone and hair samples of purported various Bigfoot. His research has led him into DNA evaluation of these samples and he reports on Coast to Coast AM that results are very promising so far.

In fact, Paulides and highly respected DNA expert Dr. Melba S. Ketchum have found that some samples appear to have both human and animal characteristics. However, the research is ongoing.

Dr. Ketchum believes that very shortly she will have the final conclusions to the DNA testing. Then the results will be submitted for peer review in scientific journals and an announcement will be made.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2010/08/29

Joining him in the last hour, Dr. Melba S. Ketchum reported on ongoing DNA testing of possible Bigfoot hair samples, some of which have a combination of human and animal attributes, and are considered anomalous or unknown. She and her team are in the process of preparing a peer reviewed paper that will reveal their complete findings.

Very Interesting. I wonder when any peer reviewed paper would make its first appearance? Probably not for several months after the DNA results are evaluated. Maybe we will hear from this story again by next summer??

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Particle Noun

• Aus Der Box Skeptisch

• evancj

• supervike

I imagine it will take a long time as they will want to make sure the method can't be attack in anyway when announcing something so controversial. If it does turn out to be Bigfoot DNA then awesome.

In the immortal words of the X-files Fox Mulder "I want to believe" sasquatch is my holy grail. Among all the cryptids and things paranormal this is the one I want most to be proved true. Because I want it so bad I have to be even more skeptical than the average observer in order to reduce personal bias, so I can't wait to see the results, but I am not gonna hold my breath, and if I so much as sense Tom Biscardi has anything to do with this I just might burn the whole place down

Hmm, I wonder what the result would be if you mixed chimp DNA with human DNA. Would that then give a false positive for a bigfoot?

Hmm, I wonder what the result would be if you mixed chimp DNA with human DNA. Would that then give a false positive for a bigfoot?

I'm not sure that DNA analysis works that way, to be honest.

If it does get proved, how much are you willing to bet Hunters will increase their presence in the regions known for bigfoot sightings?

it doesnt matter if they do prove biff's existence with dna... science wont accept it until they have a body

edit: or... they have several different samples from i.e. different areas to compare each other to and find that all samples have undeniable similarities... it wouldnt hold much water for me to claim an unknown species exist otherwise...

Edited by j b

I wish I could count the number of time we have heard this exact same claim.

Cryptomundo, and Coast to Coast...are you serious? :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

These guys and their outlandish claims have been discredited so many times it's not even funny.

My guess is this will end up exactly where all the other supposed bigfoot DNA claims go...nowhere!!!

Edited by evancj

I wish I could count the number of time we have heard this exact same claim.

Cryptomundo, and Coast to Coast...are you serious? :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

These guys and their outlandish claims have been discredited so many times it's not even funny.

My guess is this will end up exactly where all the other supposed bigfoot DNA claims go...nowhere!!!

Remember the arguements we used to have? Well that's where those will stay for now.. in memory, because as much as it pains me to say so, I completely agree with you. My guess is the results will never be made public and slip into obscurity. One day evancj you're gonna be wrong lol. It's just not this time

Edited by JohnSage

In the immortal words of the X-files Fox Mulder "I want to believe" sasquatch is my holy grail. Among all the cryptids and things paranormal this is the one I want most to be proved true. Because I want it so bad I have to be even more skeptical than the average observer in order to reduce personal bias, so I can't wait to see the results, but I am not gonna hold my breath, and if I so much as sense Tom Biscardi has anything to do with this I just might burn the whole place down

Yep, I agree, this very much describes me as well.

Remember the arguements we used to have? Well that's where those will stay for now.. in memory, because as much as it pains me to say so, I completely agree with you. My guess is the results will never be made public and slip into obscurity.

Hey Mr. Sage,

It's been awhile, good to hear from ya.

One day evancj you're gonna be wrong lol. It's just not this time

I know people don't believe me when I say this...but nothing would make me happier than to be proven wrong about bigfoot. If we ever find the big guy I will the first skeptic to admit I was pig headed and close minded. Unfortunately I don't see that happening now or ever.

How would they go about proving it to be Bigfoot? you would need multiple samples to compare it to. Even if Bigfoot were real they don't have anything to match it to

is the OP trying to sell a magazine?

you dont need to trick with misleading headlines

Ummm... My thread title is not misleading. It states what is found in the article. They have some DNA and they are going to analysis it, the findings will be some months in coming. I'm not selling anything. If I was I would put it in my signature so the Terms of Use of this site would not be broken.

How would they go about proving it to be Bigfoot? you would need multiple samples to compare it to. Even if Bigfoot were real they don't have anything to match it to

They did say they had many samples. If they get, say, five samples from five different areas and all are identicle in makeup and do not match any existing primates, then that is good proof of an unknown animal. That is pretty much how they decided that the Bili Ape, which is something like a supersized Chimp was determined to be an actual new species.

Don't want to get too excited about this one, as stated before, this isn't the first claim of possible bigfoot DNA. Never did hear the results of that "bigfoot blood" that Monster Quest claimed to have acquired.

Have you heard the "myth" about the humanzee?

Honestly breeding human dna to a chimp or other primate is very feasible. Unfortunately the result is usually sterility. But it is possible and if someone wanted to really mess with the bf fans they could collect hair and maybe even tissue samples, claim them to be bf, and introduce the evidence for peer review. What would the results be? well that's as far as I will travel with this, because I have no formal training in dna or related sciences.

Thank you

Have you heard the "myth" about the humanzee?

Honestly breeding human dna to a chimp or other primate is very feasible. Unfortunately the result is usually sterility. But it is possible and if someone wanted to really mess with the bf fans they could collect hair and maybe even tissue samples, claim them to be bf, and introduce the evidence for peer review. What would the results be? well that's as far as I will travel with this, because I have no formal training in dna or related sciences.

Thank you

Humanzee wasn't a myth. it was actualy done

I stated myth because there is no documented proof of the humanzee. Only one "chimp" was coined the term humanzee. He was so due to the fact that he had less overall body hair, and would prefer to walk upright, bipedal. Where chimp are able to walk upright a short distance, then they go back to all fours. I would set aside his mannerisms when using this as an example, (such as smoking, eating at the table) because mannerisms can be taught. For that matter so could the upright walking. But I digress, all that being said I know of no dna evidence.

It is still very feasible due to our close genetic ties. As I said though the creation would most likely be sterile and unable to breed.

I must add full dna testing was done on oliver the chimp I was refering to, it was found he was completely chimp.

I must add full dna testing was done on oliver the chimp I was refering to, it was found he was completely chimp.

A chimp that acts like a human, is still a chimp.

You never know. We might get lucky this time round.

A chimp that acts like a human, is still a chimp.

Yes mulder you are very sharp. I was updating what I had wrote and if you notice I assumed he was chimp from the start. I found actual dna testing and added that.

Either way it takes nothing away from the viability of a human chimp hybrid. If that is all you took from what I wrote I do apologize.

Moving on.

• 11 months later...

I'm reawakening this thread. A lot of misinformation out there to be sure, but it has been verified that there were many samples collected, with as much care as possible, multiple verifications from independent analysts, and the generation of a scientific White Paper for peer review.

Now of course we don't have any of that yet, but many people involved, while they may be bickering, don't argue about those basic facts. What the results will be, no one is saying, due to NDA's, which I think is smart. I think this may be the one. It's been really heating up of late, and Dr. Ketchum has said by the end of the year we should see results. It appears they've really been taking their time with it, and trying to do it right, so that it will be accepted by the scientific community. Much of the info we have about this comes from small leaks from tangential parties, so it must be taken with a grain of salt. Dr. Ketchum has been very circumspect, in order to maintain the integrity of the findings, but she does say she is absolutely certain, now, that this is a real animal (while hinting that the results will surprise many, even believers).

It is fully justifiable to laugh and sneer at reports like this. We've all been burned, or seen others burned many times. This one is different, I wager. I'm very excited, either way, to see the results. One huge difference here is that there has been an ENORMOUS ammount of funding for this project by a wealthy donor, so thousands and thousands and thousands have been spent in the scientific analysis of this DNA. This is not a single sample, it is a study across many samples, which many have hoped for for a while. Of course, without funding that could never happen, so whomever this rich guy is, those of us who'd like to believe owe him a debt of thanks!

Also, there IS a story added into this of a bigfoot killed in the Sierra Hills, which I discounted at first, but apparently has had some added veracity over the last few weeks. Dr. Ketchum has confirmed that she received a chunk of thigh (now called the 'bigfoot steak') which is being used in the study.

The guy who killed the bigfoots is afraid of being arrested, and so has been pretty reluctant, but members of the Olympia project were on it quickly, and got the sample to Dr. Ketchum quickly (as they are working in conjunction with her).

Make no mistake, definitive or no, this is a very big operation, involving many many people, AND including many many rivalries. Everyone wants a piece of this. It's not a costume in the freezer, it's the real deal (not meaning it will provide proof, although i hope it will, but that it's a legitimate attempt at a scientific study).