Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
cnidocyte

Tapping sounds around the room

38 posts in this topic

Brandy333
20 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

It doesn't really matter what you use, as long as you believe in it.

I used the LBRP, Middle Pillar Exercise, and Goetic Seals...and everything got gone just the same. 

That's good, as long as the unwanted got gone.

• Like 1

GlitterRose
1 hour ago, Brandy333 said:

That's good, as long as the unwanted got gone.

It seems like whatever affects the subconscious mind is what gets rid of phenomena...so...I have concluded that at least most of the phenomena comes from us. Maybe even all of it.

And I don't mean "it's all in your mind."

I mean our subconscious somehow affects our reality. 

It seems to be able to create thoughtforms and possibly also produce uncontrolled bursts of psychokinesis. 

• Like 1

Theshining44

Hi

Im Euan and I too am hearing strange noises. It goes like this: i go to bed , read my book,The Shining and start hearing tapping, walking and faint screaming coming from my attic and the windows. It also happens during daytime when im watching youtube on my bed and then suddenly, tapping

I need to know what this is quick . Im not sure if im insane or not

Timothy
45 minutes ago, Theshining44 said:

Hi

Im Euan and I too am hearing strange noises. It goes like this: i go to bed , read my book,The Shining and start hearing tapping, walking and faint screaming coming from my attic and the windows. It also happens during daytime when im watching youtube on my bed and then suddenly, tapping

I need to know what this is quick . Im not sure if im insane or not

Welcome to UM,

Does it only happen on your bed? Have you tried to record the sounds? 

Pretty sure you’re not insane. You’re just reading The Shining before bed! :lol:

If you can give the most detailed explanation of when/where you hear things, and anything else related, it will help people to give you possible explanations. 

Wazy

So You know why I am here creating new account and posting after a night was not different from those along the last week. I am writing here just to help avoiding anyone to pass through this terrible experience 

So yes its a tapping on the wall or floor beneath my desk where my computer and books.

I used to ignore it but as it is so close and I can feel when it is and there is no barrier to see if I want but every thing normal I cant see anything. I keep looking a around and as the sound comes I cannot ignore it as it does not make any sense ; why cant see anything while I can hear it is from this spot,  is it in the desk itself or what? it was so annoying, disturbing, and yeah freaking

I did search and reached this site and everything so similar. Yesterday around 3am while I was reading your posts and as the sound/tapping went intense (like a mouse or insect eat in a paper or something like that, or even like you tapping your finger on a wood surface maybe)

some comments here make it terriblly freaking ,,but actually it is.

I was religious most life but not for the last 4 years. For reasons, I can agree with what said here..this is something kinda""""" whatever. I do not like to write it but in different religions they believe it exists. 

While i freaked yesterday was almost leaving the room, and the house but for where...I am just by myself and where to go at 3am. 

I have to do something or at at least to try.  One thing I remember from my religious background is it read or turn on an audio (on your computer or mobile in the same place) from the holy book . In my case I run an online Quran recitation in my laptop and the headphone speakers connected from the laptop and left just beneath the desk where the sound comes from (I am sharing the house with student and I have to keep it calm. I would make it a bit loud) . 

Just after that Its got silent. I was more than surprised !! yes it is gone. I was happy for a while  but still feel scary because you know what does that mean. it just like you approved there is stranger/ghost in your room looking for you and playing in your mind!!

So you know now what to do---Just try it --when there is no options--when it is in the mid of night --when its freaking like hell.  

You may use the Bible (attached, It is from my simple search on youtube) or the Quran (attached second link) or anything like that..I believe all they should do the job. If you are not religious remember : if it is not for you it is to help with what you have in your room. 

Wish you best 

Thanks for this website and all comments above since 2000s

Ms.D

I personally have experienced similar things and I’ve tried to talk about it but no one listens but what I’ve noticed is I always knew there were others like me but in my culture and upbringing these things aren’t talked about. But if ur interested I’m willing to speak about my experiences.

Relam

I heard this tapping sounds too but never thought that is something supernatural lol

kafquarious

Ms.D please pm me

Impedancer
On 2015-01-31 at 3:33 PM, GlitterRose said:

I've noticed it most often in electronic devices. I'll be sitting them and I hear a loud sound come from the DVD player, almost like a stone hit it but it sounds like its coming from inside the device

Some of the sounds can be debunked, since electronics tend to make sounds as the parts expand and contract due to temperature fluctuations. The problem with debunking all of them is that sometimes the items are off for hours and in the middle of the night we will still hear loud whacks coming from them. I've also actually seen a shadow being in front of the dresser that has the TV and all of the electronics on it. It had its "hands?" on the boxes and was looking at the blank TV screen. So whatever entities seem to be exploring our home, also seem to be very interested in electronics. We will also often hear loud bangs coming from our dressers. They aren't soft taps. It seems like they are intended to get our attention, keep us awake, or wake us up in the middle of the night.

If it's top of the line electronics i would also be wanting to put my little hands on them :-) i have also seen shadow people but only once in my house. If you live in a house the house itself can make some pretty weird noices.

ParanormalKris

What I Think is Really Cool is, that we all had Something Happen to us. My Thinking is Two Things. Ether Its Ghosts and Spirits or sometimes when Something is coming In or out of our Word. The Higher to Lower Vibrations can Make those Sounds too. 

• Like 1

GoodReality

Doubt this is paranormal at all, but I sometimes here flicking sounds right near my ear. Never really heard tapping around me 

Summers
Posted (edited)

I have this happening too around me a lot similar to what everyone here have described. It is also dementing actually however I came to the conclusion that it could be Jinn (devils) and if that could be I reverted to Ruqya (prayer) routines to see if that’ll work. 

I therefore recited in prayer ayatul kursi 2:255 (verse of the throne) and chapter 113 and 114 of the Qur’an. 

I am going to rattle a bit on here on a couple of subjects and I hope it’s not going to bore you but will open up avenues of study or contemplation that you may want to explore later on.

Jinn (shayateen) are families of devils as revealed to us in the holy Qur’an. At this point - I want to let anyone reading to know that the Qur’an is not just for Muslims to use it is a continuation of the chain of revelation as a guidance to everyone on earth. The Qur’an is the final revelation - which means the revelation to guidance is complete. 

Jinn creatures are demonic, some good some not and they should have no association with humans. Psychics used them and they take the form of the deceased to speak or take forms etc - they are here to fool us around and distract us from good wisdom (hikmah). Because as human beings it’s important for us to contemplate given the height of tappings sometimes especially when you are focused or concentrating. 

I believe the tapping is to instill fear on to people and therefore distract people mentally from good wisdom and a path to faith. And when we are in fear our sense of thoughts and rational  capacity diminishes incredibly. 

The ultimate job of a jinn is to remove you far away from believing in the oneness of Allah (God). But if they did not succeed then they try to cause you to believe or worship other people or other things beside the creator Allah. 

I came across 1984 only recently because I was trying to understand the formation of system of government and issues surrounding the Utopian and Totalitarian movements and the trigger of WW2. To say the least in my research I decided to pick up Orwell’s book, although it is supposed to be a fiction per se - but what Orwell wrote is a combination of his personal experience and  matters he felt the world wars were trying to achieve. 

I suppose if we want George Orwell’s 1984 Oceania to come to existence fully - the one thing we can do is to have no faith and become slaves to a system- God forbid. A system that want nothing in the name of religion - As a crime against humanity look what they did to the Bible to hide the truth and cause discord among people. Today you’ll need the Red Letter Bible to see the extent of the damages made to keep us far away from the truth. 

I am not saying that Orwell’s prediction of Oceania is fully correct but it’s a kind of a call to order, that’s all - what I am pointing out is that the system is stripping us from anything good and humane. You don’t need to look too close to see the patterns. 

I ask everyone not to fear to ask  about the Qur’an and to understand it correctly aloneside the Hadith. It is a safe port and a point to reference to all - the reason why we are all here today.

The Qur’an today continues to make scientists wonder - the signs revealed within this book of revelation among which are  of embryology, cosmology, oceanography and internal waves within the ocean these could not have been understood by observation with ordinary human eye.

I will stop here and implore you not to fear them. Remember when you are going “adrift” what your point of reference is. May peace be upon you. 

Edited by Summers

RabidMongoose
On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2010 at 11:14 PM, cnidocyte said:

Whenever I'm in an intense mindset I notice things start tapping around the room. Its an innocuous sound that doesn't sound out of the ordinary but the strange part is there is no reason that random things should be making tapping noises. I've noticed it most often in electronic devices. I'll be sitting them and I hear a loud sound come from the DVD player, almost like a stone hit it but it sounds like its coming from inside the device. Other people have noticed this too and confirmed that its pretty weird. I've also noticed it happen with walls and doors. Happened to my front door once, my granny was sitting in the room and when she heard it she had a look of shock on her face, probably because it wasn't a sound that could be made by someone knocking or throwing a pebble at the door so it was very out of the ordinary for a sound like that to randomly come from the door. I ran to the door and opened it to see if anyone was around but there was nobody. Funnily enough something similar happens to my dad when he is in intense mindsets. Lights flicker around him. Thats a more common thing, thats called sliding. I've never heard of this random noise thing though. The sound always appears to originate from a single point and in some rooms I noticed it will predominantly come from one area. For example in my old house, I'd be in the TV room a lot and it seemed to always come from the DVD player. In my bedroom now it seems to come from under my desk. I have a laptop on the table but I never heard anything come from it, I can't pinpoint where the sound in my bedroom comes from but its the same kinda tapping sound. I stayed the night in a friends house once and it was coming from his projector. Can anyone here relate to this?

Have you been doing any work on your mind in relation to stress or anxiety?

The kind of work where you stop attaching thinking processes to emotions?