Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

30lbs Goldfish Caught

Eldorado

It might look like an enormously generous fairground prize.

But no goldfish bowl in the world could contain this catch.

The orange koi carp weighs 30lb - the same as an average three-year-old girl - and is thought to be one of the largest of its kind ever captured.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Awesome photo of the said fish....I'd have kept him for a few days.

Edited by Eldorado

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• magickaldan

• :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

• HerNibs

• WoIverine

What a size! It's good he released it back into the water afterwards, he probably didn't have a tank big enough to keep it in :D

Lovely fish, although some people are'nt so sure it's real judging by the comments in the link.

*snip*

nice fish,

Edited by Saru
Removed copyrighted image - you can view the picture via the source link in the OP

Ooh, I can feel my dad getting jealous even now. It kind of looks like a fake from here, what do you think?

Strange...I have never really thought of goldfish as "real wild animals". I mean, logically, if I think about it, yeah...

I also never knew they got that damn big!!!

Nibs

O_o

Oh my God.

I can only imagine the stuggle involved to reel that thing out of the water.

Fake..... Doesn't even remotely look real let alone 30lbs lol. And the fin that's in the water should be refracted...

Edited by magickaldan

There's a lake near downtown Orlando where I live that has a few really large goldfish. They're nowhere near 30 lbs, but I'd estimate they're between 3-5 lbs, they're still pretty big. Guess someone let their pet fish go there at some point.

It certainly doesn't look real, but it's not like I can say I've ever seen a 30lb goldfish before. I would have kept it and sold it.

This place crackes me up sometimes, no problem in believing in yeti's, aliens, loch ness monsters etc.... but sombody posts a story about a big koi carp being caught and people start yelling "omg fake! the refraction in the water is all wrong!!!" :P

Anyway... looks pretty real to me, in the unlikely event it is a fake then it's the best fake of any kind i have ever seen :)

Fish will grow to fit the size of their environments. That's why goldfish we're familiar with are small. That's also why we can keep some types of sharks as pets. They'll grow to a certain size in the aquarium and then they'll slow and stop.

Nice find.