Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sealand skull photos released

UM-Bot

Ah! I guess a problem is that all writing about it was until today in Danish language. Google search on "Sjælland kranium Politiken 2007" gave 684 hits! Too much for me to read today if I have to find the old articles. I will try over the next days.

Ah! I guess a problem is that all writing about it was until today in Danish language. Google search on "Sjælland kranium Politiken 2007" gave 684 hits! Too much for me to read today if I have to find the old articles. I will try over the next days.

I think that is the problem, no english coverage as of yet. I was looking for direct information on the skull and order, not the place :D

Think so? Post a random image of a human skull on this thread. I'll photoshop it for a while and generate am image that looks just as good. (might take a day or two... I should actually do some work for a while)

I think this is a hoax, but here is random image (well, not that random, had to search through a number of pages to find one that would be easier to do some photoshop). If you get bored, have a go with it.

119405379382St3E.jpg

The column speaks about more photos, and I think we are all curious to see them. Could the webmaster get permission to show some more?

This really sounds like the opening of a Dan Brown (Da'Vinci Code) novel. It smells very much like Fiction. If true, it will be interesting to see where it leads. Is there even such a Pegusus order? And how can anyone confirm those famous personalities were part of it?

There was a novelette entitled The Manuduction speaking about the order. The author was Danish, and I think quite famous. Maybe it was Peter Hoeg, who also wrote Smilla's Sense of Snow?

There was a novelette entitled The Manuduction speaking about the order. The author was Danish, and I think quite famous. Maybe it was Peter Hoeg, who also wrote Smilla's Sense of Snow?

Hey Toke what sup? Ok so I copied and pasted your search in Danish.... and well I still cant read danish.. So I did it with an image search, figuring that a photo of the skull would pop up. But nothing... can you provide a link to an outside source that could confirm this story... I would like to believe, but as any good skeptic would, I need to cross reference the find.

Exactly what I intend to do, zenfahr. I'm skimming articles from the newspaper Politiken from 2007, trying to find it. But as a sceptic myself, I'd say that even thousands of articles and pictures is no proof. As I read Anton Spangenberg's column, it also does not conclude anything but that the skull was found on Sealand and that it has a certain age. But I find it interesting enough to deserve some attention and scientific investigation.

I am from denmark, and honestly i dont believe this, i searched for it, both on google and on the Veterinarian High School in Copenhagen's website.

And if it was true, then i am sure it would have made the news, both back when it was first found, and now that they released more photos. Denmark is so small and so little happens here, that we send out reporters everytime a cat gets stuck in a tree, so this skull would not have gone unnoticed.

I think this is a hoax, but here is random image (well, not that random, had to search through a number of pages to find one that would be easier to do some photoshop). If you get bored, have a go with it.

119405379382St3E.jpg

alienskull.jpg

Adobe Photoshop

work time: 32 minutes

main operations: transform/skew, pixel push, dodge/burn tools

Hm, yeah not sure I'm buying this one.

Read the article, thought it was fab.. but a google search came up with nothing. Well, nothing other than this thread... I would have heard about it before. I'm sure all the star child followers would know about it too.

alienskull.jpg

Adobe Photoshop

work time: 32 minutes

main operations: transform/skew, pixel push, dodge/burn tools

:lol:thanks for giving me a good laugh and start to my Saturday morning :)

Pretty nice Photoshop work you've made, cluey. I'm impressed and like to hang it on my wall. Eventhough, it does look a lot like Photoshop (not talking the black background). How long will it take you to make it look like a photography? The picture of the Sealand skull doesn't look like Photoshop at all to me. It looks like a real photography, and it probably is. But even assuming that it is a real photography of a real skull, we still can't tell whether the story behind is true or fake!

Pretty nice Photoshop work you've made, cluey. I'm impressed and like to hang it on my wall. Eventhough, it does look a lot like Photoshop (not talking the black background). How long will it take you to make it look like a photography? The picture of the Sealand skull doesn't look like Photoshop at all to me. It looks like a real photography, and it probably is. But even assuming that it is a real photography of a real skull, we still can't tell whether the story behind is true or fake!

I didn't do that.....i am flattered you thought it was me though,lol.......

Great photoshop skills Siara!!

OK, so I've wasted an hour or so looking for info on this, only to come up semi-empty handed.

The article has been posted on quite a few paranormal sites as you all probably already know, but I only found it on the English versions, that's interesting

I searched for "deformed skull found in Denmark 2007" and read about several great finds for archaeology, but not this one.

Also, I googled "Ølstykke kranium 2007" and got several pages, but all of the ones that looked promising were too big for google to translate for me. I'll leave that to you Toke, when you get a minute. :tu:

I too googled in danish but after translating the first 2 pages of results and finding nothing relating to the article I'm thinking this is a hoax of some kind. also I would say the image is of a model the very straight line down the middle + the ones across the brows while reminiscent of the areas where a skull fuses together look like the joins of a multi part model.

I would have suggested some1 emailing the "Veterinarian High School in Copenhagen" I'm assuming it meant to say the Department of Basic Animal and Veterinary Sciences within in the Life Sciences Faculty at the University of Copenhagen but I guess that was too much to write down (or it was being intentionally vague as the whole think is a hoax)

My apology, Siara - I credited someone else for your excellent Photoshop work.

I've still not succeeded to find the article from newspaper Politiken. I suspect that they don't upload everything, so my search might prove in vain - but I will continue for now. As far as I recall, it was printed in August 2007, but it might have been later.

Btw. I actually don't find it strange that the skull didn't make headlines. Did you ever try writing articles yourself and see how difficult they sell (no matter how interesting you find the issue, the editors think different - it's much more important that some semi-prof soccer player considers divorce with his club/wife). Out of a hundred news reports, less than one ever make it into a newspaper. And in 2007, all Danish news media were preoccupied with the Muhammad cartoons controversy and the Iraq War Surge (George W. Bush's increase of American troops to provide security to Baghdad and Al Anbar Province). We should also bear in mind that Sealand is full of remains of Neolithic and Bronze age origin, so local newspapers don't care much about another odd skull found in a village.

But now at least I've found the name of the Danish author who wrote about the order. It was not Peter Hoeg though, but H.H. Loyche. His work The Manuduction received an award and the Irish magazine Albedo One has a long message about it on Facebook:

Don't know why the link above collapsed, but here's the correct:

Well, it's apparently impossible to post Facebook URLs here. But the page is easily found - just Google "Albedo One Manuduction" and pick the link mentioning The Harbinger Relay Award.

Well I'm glad to see upon checking back on this thread, that I wasn't going crazy in not being able to find anything on the skull ... not in english anyway ;) thought I was going crazy :wacko:

Ps. A big thanks to Toke for helping us out with finding further info on this through Danish sites etc. :tu:

Edited by pixiii

more alien skull pix.

I'm not trying to say that alien life can't possibly exist here. Primarily I'm just indulging my addiction to Photoshop. But I'm also trying to show that you can't trust you eyes when it comes to photos of "aliens". Especially, look at the mouths. If the "alien" has the same dental structure as a human, you're dealing with a Photoshop addict, not a scientific discovery.

Discovery of alien skull in Middle East. Pic shows skull in situ.

alienskull-in situ2.jpg

Alien skull being cleaned at a Smithsonian lab

alienskull-lab.jpg

Great, Siara! You're my hero(ine)!