Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sealand skull photos released

UM-Bot

Its pretty easy to photoshop actually (with the right picture and with a decent resolution)

This is my interpretation on it....

Remember, this only took me 10 mins (not even really)

and i didnt feel like taking out the watermak or really fixing any of the pixels and wtv.... (and I'm no expert)

alien.jpg

Ha I think I did a better job than that opther guy who posted...

U can't touch this! ;-)

I like it too... signed "the opther guy" (I'm a gal BTW). I go for the classic giant brain tiny mouth look myself.

What do you think of the pic in the first post? Photoshop, model, or real thing?

Edited by Siara

I like RufotSerk's Photoshop skull as well. The creature would have to turn its head to change angle of vision, though, because its eyes are shaped like half cucumbers (unless the sockets are for flexible antennas with eyes on the end). Hey, shouldn't we have a forum for the members' attempts to make art resembling aliens, ufos etc.? A place to compete for the most convincing 'hoax' work?

I like RufotSerk's Photoshop skull as well. The creature would have to turn its head to change angle of vision, though, because its eyes are shaped like half cucumbers (unless the sockets are for flexible antennas with eyes on the end). Hey, shouldn't we have a forum for the members' attempts to make art resembling aliens, ufos etc.? A place to compete for the most convincing 'hoax' work?

That would be great.

I don't know about a place to "compete". I'd say a place to play. I've been in a zillion art competitions. Won some, lost some. Either way I've always felt like "why does art have to involve competition? Why not just humor and discussion?"

Edited by Siara

Humour and discussion, of course Siara. With "copetition" I didn't mean like running for a prize, just that the members try making their works looking as 'real' as possible. All attempts to draw or otherwise create a mysterious shape should be welcome.

I also like your idea Toke.

Wondering why CGI theories and productions are worth pursing if the skull has been carbon-dated to the 13th century? I mean, wouldn't it make more sense to find out first if there is indeed a skull of this description actually seen by someone, as the novelist posting above claimed?

I wonder if the fact that there are 44 people here at once means other people would like the idea too...

Could we ask a moderator to set-up such a sub forum on UM?

Great! I won't mind asking the webmaster/moderator/whomever if we may set up a forum for 'hoax art' here on UM. A question though: the forum will need a name. Any suggetions?

Great! I won't mind asking the webmaster/moderator/whomever if we may set up a forum for 'hoax art' here on UM. A question though: the forum will need a name. Any suggetions?

All we need is more confusion. People will be throwin those photos around the net as proof. It will just make the mess, messier.

I appreciate a work of art like anyone. My worry comes from the fact that there are so many guests reading the thread at any given time. It's a strange phenom in it's own. :alien:

Hello Friends. New to the FORUM, not-so-new to the site. Don't know what to make of this, but it appears that the general consensus is that it's a fake. Kind of a shame, really lol.

(5) "Granted, there are a million patinas and a billion lighting scenerios but this just looks like the reflectivness of ceramics to me."

To me as well - or like someone has waxed and polised the skull. Spangenberg's column just refer to "Its smooth surface"..

In medival times they used to paint the bones with egg white (to get a shiny look) but with time they get more and more yellow, even brown.

This could be seen when they opened the crypt of Birger Jarl (1210-1266) in Varnhems Church, Sweden, a couple years ago.

Since, supposedly, the carbon 14 analysis said the "alien" skull is from 1200-something, this could be of interest.

Edited by Septic Sceptic

Sceptic Sceptic said: "In medival times they used to paint the bones with egg white (to get a shiny look)" ... "supposedly, the carbon 14 analysis said the "alien" skull is from 1200-something, this could be of interest."

Oh yeah, wow, it could mean that the C14 was from Medival egg, and a dna analysis will reveal that the skull belonged to a race of monster poultry. Hence, the Medival legends on 'dragons' ;-) (Just kidding.)

Fyi. btw. they also used egg for cleaning leather bound books - I sometimes use it to bring forth worn gold imprint.

I don't buy the alien theory. To assume life on a nother planet is relatively humanoid is ridiculous in and of itself. I also love the way they said "must have lived in cold temperatures because of how smooth the skull is", then suggest HD 209458b, which is constantly 1000 degrees Celsius on the daylight side. But the smooth surface can also be obtained if the skull was in water for an extended period of time, or even just from being buried for a while. My guess is it's some poor fellow with a birth defect. Probably didn't have many friends.

I don't buy the alien theory. To assume life on a nother planet is relatively humanoid is ridiculous in and of itself. I also love the way they said "must have lived in cold temperatures because of how smooth the skull is", then suggest HD 209458b, which is constantly 1000 degrees Celsius on the daylight side. But the smooth surface can also be obtained if the skull was in water for an extended period of time, or even just from being buried for a while. My guess is it's some poor fellow with a birth defect. Probably didn't have many friends.

Haha, hardly a birth defect, more likely a sculpted skull, as a hoax!

Why I´m against the "birth defect theory" is because it´s too perfect.

It´s too much like a stereotype "alien" as we prefer them, while Mother Nature´s own defects often are very crude and non-symmetric (see the Elephant Man, for example) and not very artistically appealing, when this skull is, I must say.

Edited by Septic Sceptic

it looks to perfect.. to.. replica.. perfect..

Yup, I agree.

Wait a minute! There's writing under here...it says, 'Triple Points - ten...percent...off your next...Larry's House of...Horrors...purchase!" :)

wow thanks for all the research Toke.... Way to to step up to the plate.

Hello everyone,

I am a member of another forum where this article was also posted.

I felt compelled to register and post in here so I can share with you what I have found so far about this topic.

I am an archeology nerd and so my "Hoax Alarm" sounded when I read this article.

As the photographed skull seems fake to me and many of us over in our forum, I decided to check up on some of the authors sources.

So far I have only found one possible match for the "Veterinarian High School" in Copenhagen, Denmark and have sent an e-mail seeking confirmation of an examination of the alleged skull.

I successfully contacted the head of the Press Department for the Niels Bohr Institute, University of Copenhagen and this is the reply I got;

" SV: Radio-Carbon dating

Gertie Skaarup - Niels Bohr Institutet <skaarup@nbi.dk>

Dear Jeff (Skymonkey)

I can see that the Niels Bohr Institute is mentioned in the article, but it must be a mistake, since we do not work with radio-carbon dating.

So I am affraid I cannot help you.

Best regards

Gertie Skaarup

Niels Bohr Institute"

===========================

I'm still waiting on answer from the Veterinary department but at this point in my research I am leaning towards big fat hoax. But what do I know? I'm just a Monkey who can read and write.

Nice looking forum ya'll got here, maybe I'll pop in once and awhile.

Edited by SkyMonkey

Well done, SkyMonkey! It seems to me that now the questions are just how much of the story is hoax (Sealand wasn't, as some supposed) and who was behind.

Well done, SkyMonkey! It seems to me that now the questions are just how much of the story is hoax (Sealand wasn't, as some supposed) and who was behind.

"Sealand wasn't " ?

Isn't the island in Denmark where the skull was found named Sealand?

Seeing as how our man Anton, (who I haven't found yet, seems to be a pen name), may or may not exist, and that he either lied or made a whopping mistake about the thing being radio-carbon dated at Niels Bohr, I'm still leaning towards a hoax.

The Veterinary School at the U of Copenhagen wrote me back, but the person who read my initial inquiry seems to have thought I was looking for Anton, rather than looking to see if an anomalous skull had been examined in 2008.

I re-wrote them and perhaps they'll smack their foreheads and go look for records of a skull this time!

Thanks for the well done and keep ya'll appraised if and when I hear anything new about the suspicious skull.

Somethings rotten in Denmark and it ain't the bait barrels.

Edited by SkyMonkey

sealand is the place in the novel the chrysalids. its about futuristic telepathic beings. i could go into detail but i wont. its all bs by someone who read the chrysalids and thought it was apt to construct this hoax.

Edited by captainkork