Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

being/force inside of me

wake up now

not really as i wasn't contemplating these things back then. she suggested i go take up psychology at a university as i have an ability to see through people easily.

Id suggest the doctor visit first, before you decide to just take up psychology, as that wouldnt really solve your issue.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wake up now

• White Crane Feather

• markprice

• greggK

one of the more interesting things were that a friend sensed this "phenomena" in me. we've been friends for over a year when we got to talking on IM and she said sometimes she's afraid of me. i asked why and she said sometimes when i'm with her i kind of drift off and my "Mask/persona" momentarily slips off and she sees in my eyes someone she doesn't recognize, like a flicker of someone else looking through my eyes or taking me over (and when this being is more dominant in me all fears and emotions drain away, its like being high on confidence, i feel several psychological archetypes guarding me). i got serious and told her to explain and i felt this being in me shifting and turning its attention to the conversation. she said she sees something very old and powerful in me. she's drawn to it but also afraid it might "consume" her. i told her i had been feeling that way for a while and that i sensed something in her too, although it was a lot weaker and inactive. this being is in all of us but asleep in most of us.

its not a negative force, just inhuman like nature.

This is nothing strange. You are referring to your true self which is wrapped up by your karmic self consisting of all your postnatal emotions, desires and notions. In self-cultivation one is trying to break through the "shell" and awaken one´s true benevolent self and get out of the Samsara reincarnation loop by reaching enlightenment.

That true self is ancient indeed. So you are right.

It makes me wonder what an atheist doctor would think(or prescribe)if they witnessed someone speaking in tongues because of the Holy Spirit(higher self). So you go see a Christian doctor about it and they understand but if you go to an atheist doctor they send you to a psychiatrist? lol

That kind of disparate treatment still happens. Any reform takes time, and that's what the "Religious and Spritual Problems" entry was about, professional reform.

Psychology and psychiatry are trying to get out of the "reality police" business. Some people like being cops, of course, but over time, the "median practitioner" should be moving away from that.

For something as prevalent as what the OP reports, there should be little problem today finding providers with experience in evaluating similar cases, from whatever stance you'd care to have.

one of the more interesting things were that a friend sensed this "phenomena" in me. we've been friends for over a year when we got to talking on IM and she said sometimes she's afraid of me. i asked why and she said sometimes when i'm with her i kind of drift off and my "Mask/persona" momentarily slips off and she sees in my eyes someone she doesn't recognize, like a flicker of someone else looking through my eyes or taking me over (and when this being is more dominant in me all fears and emotions drain away, its like being high on confidence, i feel several psychological archetypes guarding me). i got serious and told her to explain and i felt this being in me shifting and turning its attention to the conversation. she said she sees something very old and powerful in me. she's drawn to it but also afraid it might "consume" her. i told her i had been feeling that way for a while and that i sensed something in her too, although it was a lot weaker and inactive. this being is in all of us but asleep in most of us.

What she's saying is that she becomes scared when she can sense your body language and thoughts changing. Basically, no psychic abilities involved or any "being inside of you".

not really as i wasn't contemplating these things back then. she suggested i go take up psychology at a university as i have an ability to see through people easily.

The interest is not what you were contemplating. It was the years of input from the psychiatrist. Well, ya there are honest psychiatrist, but there is a lot of gimmicks out there with hidden sound equipment like Wal-Mart with subliminal messages playing to the force within you. Like, 'I will now go out into the world and be free.'

I agree with what every other poster in this thread has told you: see a doctor ASAP. Having a mental check-up does not make you crazy or unstable, which is what you seem to be (in my humble opinion) afraid of. There are a thousand and one explanations for what you're experiencing, and you seem to have settled on the one simply because you've never heard of, or won't give credence to, the other thousand. Just because a paranormal/metaphysical explanation meets a few of the criteria doesn't mean that it's the only viable explanation.

I agree with what every other poster in this thread has told you: see a doctor ASAP. Having a mental check-up does not make you crazy or unstable, which is what you seem to be (in my humble opinion) afraid of. There are a thousand and one explanations for what you're experiencing, and you seem to have settled on the one simply because you've never heard of, or won't give credence to, the other thousand. Just because a paranormal/metaphysical explanation meets a few of the criteria doesn't mean that it's the only viable explanation.

Speak for yourself and not for me my friend.

The OP should do what they feel is best for them.

I for one think that seeing a doctor would be quite unproductive. I doctor's job is to make money. They do that by finding illness even if it does not exist. That is how I see these things.

John

I'm afraid you would be able to see through those doctors and then you'd see all that is going on behind the scenes, so I say don't go to a doctor. I'd just sit back and see how everybody is going to respond to your talents and go down that road.

I'll be honest, you seem like a very disturbed person. You are scaring the people around you. you have manifested another personality inside of you. Possibly for attention.

Here is the cold harsh truth. You sound like you're going to hurt someone. There is no one/nothing inside of you that is ancient, magical, psychic or special. Doctors ahve seen thsi type of behavior many many many times and it is in-line with someone who is losing grip on reality.

This is not debatable. It is the truth.

Speak for yourself and not for me my friend.

The OP should do what they feel is best for them.

I for one think that seeing a doctor would be quite unproductive. I doctor's job is to make money. They do that by finding illness even if it does not exist. That is how I see these things.

John

Unfortunately you're wrong.

I'll be honest, you seem like a very disturbed person. You are scaring the people around you. you have manifested another personality inside of you. Possibly for attention.

Here is the cold harsh truth. You sound like you're going to hurt someone. There is no one/nothing inside of you that is ancient, magical, psychic or special. Doctors ahve seen thsi type of behavior many many many times and it is in-line with someone who is losing grip on reality.

This is not debatable. It is the truth.

wow... thats a negative and an oppressive outlook.

I for one think that seeing a doctor would be quite unproductive.

John

Of course YOU would, since it would take this from being some suppposed psychic phenomenon to something real. You never like hearing that there might be a logical explanation for something. You always say its paranormal. You say skeptics are biased, well you are super biased yourself.

Edited by The Skeptic Eric Raven

What I would like to know is why you posted in the first place? Didn't you want some help figuring it out. Well, you have fought with every suggestion or idea. You seem to be in a dangerous place and I suggest you get some help somewhere by someone. I believe in psychics but I don't think that is what this is.

for some feedback in terms of psychic openings & abilities. i haven't fought suggestions, i just wanted to see if some people here can relate or have had similar experiences.

for some feedback in terms of psychic openings & abilities. i haven't fought suggestions, i just wanted to see if some people here can relate or have had similar experiences.

Ok, I thought you were asking for help. My mistake.

Count me in as another vote for seeing the doctor. What harm could it do? If there's no problem she won't find anything and you can go on to explore other options.

If it's a psychic experience seeing a doctor isn't going to make the experience go away. If it's some sort of physiological problem, you don't want to waste your time mucking around with it.

Edited by Siara

i may have expressed myself not that good, english isn't my first language.

i don't have a real problem with the entity/self, its just that there are periods when i am me (ego in control) and then there are periods when the true self rises above. it really feels like some beautiful sun rise over a bleak landscape that is human suffering due to earthly desires. when it is present in me it clears up so much for me and it helps more than anything ever could. it is ever pure, ever strong. it is love, selflesness, eternal. that is how i experience it. it removes fear of death or fear of anything, really. its like i have been sleeping in a dream where i have a name but when it comes onto me i "wake up" and i realize everyone is an actor, including me. everything is an illusion, including our identities. only this being is eternal and ever present, all else perishes eventually.

the periods between the ego/true self are shortening. whereas a few years ago this "true self" embodied me a few times a year now it appears monthly.

i may have expressed myself not that good, english isn't my first language.

i don't have a real problem with the entity/self, its just that there are periods when i am me (ego in control) and then there are periods when the true self rises above. it really feels like some beautiful sun rise over a bleak landscape that is human suffering due to earthly desires. when it is present in me it clears up so much for me and it helps more than anything ever could. it is ever pure, ever strong. it is love, selflesness, eternal. that is how i experience it. it removes fear of death or fear of anything, really. its like i have been sleeping in a dream where i have a name but when it comes onto me i "wake up" and i realize everyone is an actor, including me. everything is an illusion, including our identities. only this being is eternal and ever present, all else perishes eventually.

the periods between the ego/true self are shortening. whereas a few years ago this "true self" embodied me a few times a year now it appears monthly.

As this bond develops, it will become a more frequent meld. Your description for it is excellent. A true insight into the greater reality in which we live.

At some point you may even incorporate this bond as an ongoing every moment type of connection. I find that this brings a constant joy into my life. That is because you will understand a grander aspect and purpose for those illusions that you mentioned.

Best Wishes!!!

John

thank you, john!

when i experience it i can express my thoughts more clearly. it does not "speak" to me, there are no words. more like vibrations or a force like a storm or an earthquake. then i have to translate it to myself and then to others. i have a long road behind me and i still feel i have a lot more to go.

it gives peace and serenity, when it looks through my eyes and acts through my body it is like a great dragon, a planet-size snake of infinite power. at the same time it feels like selfless love toward the people around you. everything is kind of decoded of emotions and you see how everyone is in hir own reality, struggling with feelings and ordeals which in turn cause other people to feel and suffer. it shows there is no one to blame or no sense in punishment because we are all so interconnected that in the end there is little difference where i end and you begin.

it is also merciless.

here's from Jung's Memories, Dreams, Reflections had what he calls the No. 1 and a No. 2 personality since childhood, and describes dealing with such a thing in some detail. i think he may have even referred to the No. 2 personality as a higher-self type thing at one point.

If psychoses resulted from some corruption in a person's psyche, so the life of a sane person would be shaped by internal myths and complexes. The goal of what Jung termed 'individuation' was the uniting of inner opposites, or recognizing the many contradictions within yourself. This self-knowledge would allow a sense of unity of purpose about your life and your personality to emerge. Jung recounts that, as a boy, he realized that there were two basic aspects to a person's being, which he termed personality No. 1 (what we usually think of as the self) and personality No.2 (the 'other'). His own No. 1 was the boy who did his homework and got into fights, but he also sensed a No. 2 which rested upon a 'timeless, imperishable stone' of wisdom.

Jung went out of his way to listen to this part of himself because he felt it to be his most valuable, and though most people never even want to recognize the 'other' within themselves, his lifetime's work in exploring the various sides and dimensions of the self means that today we are not afraid of talking about this No. 2 personality (variously called 'the shadow', the 'higher self', the 'true self'). We appreciate that its integration is necessary for a sense of wholeness. Without doing so, we tend to project onto other people or things what we do not recognize in ourselves, with often harmful consequences.

i actually stumbled on some hindu texts about this and it corresponds with what i am going through: http://www.hinduwebsite.com/atman.asp

another thing i have noticed: there are entities separate from human intelligence that roam between spaces. lovecraft described this very well. on another level of vibration/reality (however you wanna call it) there are spirit remnants of the the deceased and also things not so nice. they constantly seek entrance into this world. they will accept any route available. imagine a huge barrel-shaped water reservoire with cracks in the bottom and also a valve to let out water. the water has only one way to move and it is downwards, through opening the valve manually or through the cracks: it does not matter. it will seek constantly to reach this side. these things have nothing to lose and everything to gain. to this day i have not guessed what they are. their motivations are beyond human comprehension.

why i'm telling this is that some people are gateways or somewhat like lighting rods. some are marked by these entities, they have an "owners mark" upon them that is not visible to the eye. around these people the paranormal manifest. they may not be conscious of it and have no way of stopping it. these things manipulate the human mind and this is not a metaphor. i find it surprising these things aren't mentioned when people are getting into the occult or messing around with "spirits". the psychological pressure alone can drive someone into hysteria.