Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Illusionists stage amazing levitation for

Still Waters

A pair of Chilean twins have broken the world levitation record by hovering above the ground for an extraordinary 200 minutes.

Nicolas Luisetti and John Paul Olhaberry staged the event in Chile's capital Santiago to mark the country's 200th anniversary.

The magic twins stunned thousands of passers-by as they floated above the city's streets for over eight hours.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slorri

• Eldorado

• Wondercookie

• Still Waters

I thought they should have stepped down after the 200 minutes.disgust.gif

It's a super strong structure extending from their trainers, up their backs and along their sleeves. Clever trick though.

It's a super strong structure extending from their trainers, up their backs and along their sleeves. Clever trick though.

What's so clever about it?

Would have been more impressive if they had taken there hands off the pole structure ;)

meh

I'd only be a "stunned onlooker" if they were:

1) nowhere near any structure

2) naked

3) juggling live grenades

Edited by Eldorado

Took me about a second to figure out how they did it, was a bit tired so wasn't thinking that fast.

So was a very poor trick I would say.

Zam

lol, i was like yogi bear could levitate sweeetttt

Would have been more impressive if they had taken there hands off the pole structure ;)

their hand held on the pole is to prevent them from swaying.

take a close look at their legs. it must be tiring to hold it in that pose for 200 minutes

The most astounding thing is that there are actually people out there who believe this stuff.

I've actually read threads on other boards with literally hundreds of posts defending Criss Angel's tricks as being real. It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

How did they get up and how did they get down? That would tell us everything.

Exactly. Maybe they just hung around until all the people had gone home. rolleyes.gif

I for one would have wanted to shake their hand afterwards, (the erect one).

• 2 weeks later...

How did they get up and how did they get down? That would tell us everything.

Yeah I would have liked to seen video of them going up and down. Now that would be more remarkable. But even that can be explained by cables. I think it is the old Yogi trick as well. You will notice that their arms do not move from the solid structure and that they limit any movement. Their feet are stiff as well. How can they call this a levitation record? They weren't really levitating.

*cackles* But how many of us watched it to the end?

We all want to believe. But I thought the pretty balloons were reward enough! :w00t:

The most funny thing is that this is a re-post, of the EXACT same trick, just in a different time and place, which is only half the "fun factor" for the audience... Both here at UM and in Chili...

I mean the last one was of the exact same thing, they even showed him getting down, he had to take off his jacket to take off the contraption, as you could see, they were both waring jackets/sweaters...

HOW? I ask, please, HOW?

How do these people have their names forever cast into the country of Chili? They are now, not only famous, but also holding some kind of record for levitating for 200 minutes...

Where I come from, a feat such as levitating could get you more than a couple records...

• 1 month later...

magicians do us invisible thread, why not invisible wire?