Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Clonaid Reports More Clones On The Way

News-Bot

Prosecutors are trying confirm testimony from Clonaid officials in Seoul that the company impregnated a South Korean woman with a cloned human embryo and that she left the country in July, local media reported Tuesday.

The testimony came during questioning of officials at the South Korean office of Clonaid, a U.S.-based religious sect that claimed last week it had produced the world's first cloned baby, national Yonhap news agency quoted unnamed prosecution officials as saying Monday.

In addition to the cloned baby the group claims has already been delivered, Clonaid has said that four other women including two from Asia are expected to give birth to clones by early February. Reports here have speculated that the South Korean is one of these women.

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: ABCNews

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homer

• Mr-X

• Kismit

• News-Bot

Top Posters In This Topic

SEND IN THE CLONES tongue.gif

On a related note, I guess no one saw this coming;

"Meanwhile, the head of the Raelian Movement said Thursday he had told the doctor in charge of the project not to perform any DNA tests on the child.

Rael said he made that decision after a "judge in Florida signed a paper saying that the baby Eve should be taken from the family, from her mother."

However, a Florida judge has made no such ruling. A hearing date has been set in Broward County Circuit Court for January 22 on a lawsuit filed by attorney Bernard Siegel, who wants a legal guardian appointed for the alleged clone."

Full article can be found here;

http://www.cnn.com/2003/HEALTH/01/03/human.cloning

Magikman wacko.gif

So that's it then, the parents plead their right to privacy, so they

won't have to give their DNA. Then nothing will ever be proven.

Could that be a trick, to keep the rest of us from ever knowing if the baby

is really a clone? dry.gif

How convenient rolleyes.gif

This so-called cloning isn't legitamate until proven a fraud. Instead it's a fraud until proven legitimate.

looks like Rael is up to something fishy i say rolleyes.gif

Im trying to log on to clonaids official website but my server for some reason does not allow it.

www.clonaid.com

When the news first broke there was something like a million hits per hour to both www.cloneaid.com and www.rael.org. I guess all the traffic took their servers down and they fear losin the battle of keeping them up or from being attacked by hackers. This latest thread of news leads me to believe that they are not trully capable of what they claim, and are just trying to up their numbers to "fleece" the flock of their self-esttem and hard earned money.

The only thing I'll give to this, "Rael" figure....is that he's a brilliant tactician when it comes to gaining new members for his religion. I don't personally believe what they do, but they have a right to believe what they want.

However, going about it in this manner is quite a turn-off for most.

Is that all you have to do? Call a press conference and announce some incredible new breakthrough in Science?

GEEZ....I buy lottery tickets every weekend. I'm going about this all wrong!

The printer gadget story, by the way, is more amazing to me than the whole cloning thing in the first place. Yet its gotten almost no coverage! I didn't even know about it until I signed on here as a member yesterday.

After I read that article, I kept looking at my printer and thinking, "Print me a six-pack...print me a six-pack...."

Here's an update:

A Florida attorney subpoenaed one of the vice presidents of Clonaid on Saturday, ordering him to testify in court. The attorney is seeking a guardian for the baby the cloning organization claimed to be the first human clone.

FULL ARTICLE