Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Britain's most haunted manor house for sale

Belial

The manor, said to be one of Britain's most haunted houses, is up for auction this month and is expected to fetch around £375,000. Prospective buyers should be aware that they will need to spend at least £150,000 to restore it to its former glory. Nerves of steel would also be an advantage.

Rest of storyHeRe B)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent. Mulder

• djjensen

• nakajima01

• hurm

Top Posters In This Topic

If i lived there, and had the money (like, excessive amounts), id probably buy it just to see what happens.

Nice link.

Hey,

I lived at wymering manor for just over a year looking after it. I actually left the manor just a few months ago before it was returned to Portsmouth council. In that time me and my team (UKPRS) did an indepth paranormal investigation on the manor to see if it is haunted.

We did have amazing results and it was the best year or so of my life. The place is amazing and needs some serious restoration work. I think we all hope the new owners will continue to allow paranormal investigations which it has become famous for.

I never experienced in the nuns in the hallway but we did have the burglar alarm refuse to set because of an intruder, a picture come off the wall and land across the balcony, a bed shake during the night, doors come open (and they were heavy) and woken up at 4am for nearly 4 months every day.

Hey,

I lived at wymering manor for just over a year looking after it. I actually left the manor just a few months ago before it was returned to Portsmouth council. In that time me and my team (UKPRS) did an indepth paranormal investigation on the manor to see if it is haunted.

We did have amazing results and it was the best year or so of my life. The place is amazing and needs some serious restoration work. I think we all hope the new owners will continue to allow paranormal investigations which it has become famous for.

I never experienced in the nuns in the hallway but we did have the burglar alarm refuse to set because of an intruder, a picture come off the wall and land across the balcony, a bed shake during the night, doors come open (and they were heavy) and woken up at 4am for nearly 4 months every day.

Anything video taped at all? Did you set up cams?

Now, if someone here in UM can afford that. :lol: XD

Welcome aboard djjensen! I (we) would love to see some footages or at least pictures from your investigation. :)

P.S.

And if someone buy it, let it be like that of the Bizarre Statue Thread XD

Edited by nakajima01

all i see is prophet :D buy the home and then let people rent it for paranormal activity i wish i had the money

If I had the money, I think I'd be tempted to. It definitely has the "creepy" vibe to it, but it does seem rather charming to a degree. It would be fun to visit and check out, nonetheless.

id love to buy it just to be able to rent it out to people looking for ghosts haha, id never live in it though xD damnit i wish i was rich!

Hey!

Thanks for the welcome! Yes we did a lot of investigating whilst we were there (pretty much every day of the 14 months I was there). In that time we also had a lot of other paranormal groups who hired the bulding for ghost hunts in there.

We did set up cameras and left them over night as well as dictaphones and motion sensors to try and catch something, we did have some videos which we have put on line with banging noises and things, but to be fair there was a lot of furniture stored in the manor when i was there so could have been something like that moving.

Aren't all the homes in Britain haunted? How does one define most haunted? Is there a vote, or is it ghosts per meter2?

Hey!

Thanks for the welcome! Yes we did a lot of investigating whilst we were there (pretty much every day of the 14 months I was there). In that time we also had a lot of other paranormal groups who hired the bulding for ghost hunts in there.

We did set up cameras and left them over night as well as dictaphones and motion sensors to try and catch something, we did have some videos which we have put on line with banging noises and things, but to be fair there was a lot of furniture stored in the manor when i was there so could have been something like that moving.

any proof? pics, video,...

Edited by 0202243

Pocket change.Maybe restoring the place wouldn't be for the best. I guess you know what usually happens when folks start playing carpenter in these old houses?As long as the toilet works...