Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rendlesham Forest Charles Halt UFO tape

UM-Bot

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Belial

• Ten301

• thefinalfrontier

• booNyzarC

It was a lighthouse on the horizon wasn't it?

not according to the chaps who saw an object, which apparently left physical evidence on the ground.

Even ignoring the whole "there were visitors" suggestions something other then a group of p***ed squadies mistaking a lighthouse for an object/craft.

Lighthouse the moment military helicopters doing what they do at night on manouvers maybe, humans do tend to make up stuff - it's easier.

I dont believe for a minute that was any lighthouse, I would have loved to be there as it was happeneing,

For over twenty years the story of the Rendlesham Forest UFOs in Suffolk has gathered momentum. But the incident has never been properly explained, until now…

The alleged UFO sighting has become one of the world's most talked about extra-terrestrial encounters.

Now, Inside Out has investigated the case and can reveal exclusive details that may change opinion.

Not only can we tell you that most of it was a hoax but also how it was done.

My link :alien:

No pun intended Belail but that story can be just as unbelievable as the ufo itself, I have no idea what the object was but ive studied alot about it, even seen the news story where they put the witnesses under truth syrum and all check out the same, But for the life of me I would never be able to find that show, so for me its an unknown at this time,

Regards;

TFF

For over twenty years the story of the Rendlesham Forest UFOs in Suffolk has gathered momentum. But the incident has never been properly explained, until now…

The alleged UFO sighting has become one of the world's most talked about extra-terrestrial encounters.

Now, Inside Out has investigated the case and can reveal exclusive details that may change opinion.

Not only can we tell you that most of it was a hoax but also how it was done.

My link :alien:

Belial,

With all do repect, the the Inside Out article you cite is as far-fetched as the incident itself. After 20 years, someone has come forward who claims he did all of this with a flashlight and his Plymouth Volare. Well, that solves it then! Case closed! :lol: Did you noticed how quickly the article calls into question the character of Col. Halt and his men and calls them "gullible", yet the individual who makes this claim is not held to the same standard? What research was done by Inside Out to uncover the gentleman's background, motivation, references and character? Did you notice how they entirely gloss-over the presence of an actual craft and physical evidence, as well as other significant details? Oh, and let us not forget that old CISCOP "lighthouse" explanation that has again been thrown in there. Col. Halt and his men knew of that lighthouse. Do you not believe these intelligent individuals were capable of processing that information and making the determination that it was not a factor?

In over 20 years, Col. Halt and his men have never wavered in their account. They have been questioned, interviewed, ridiculed and then questioned again. Their lives have been placed under a microscope, and what negative information that would have bearing on this incident has been uncovered? None. By all accounts, Col. Halt is a man of outstanding character. All who have known and served with him have nothing but praise. However, that is meaningless, because we now have some mysterious individual, climbing from under a rock after all this time, telling some off-the-wall story about a flashlight and a Plymouth? One does have to ask; how would this individual have known this would be mistaken for a UFO? How would he know how the indended effect would look, and how it would be perceived by Col. Halt and his men? Knowing the color scheme of the lights on these vehicles, why would he believe they would assume "UFO" instead of military vehicle? None of what this man claims adds-up. It is incredibly weak as evidence or "proof", and amounts to nothing more than an agenda and attempted character assasination on the part of Inside Out.

After years of reading every interview and account of this incident that I could get my hands on, one thing is abundantly clear; something very significant happened in Rendlesham Forest on that (and the previous) night. One can debate the origin of the craft, but to dismiss this incident as simply a practical joke aided by a flashlight and a Plymouth is not only journalistically lazy, but incredibly irresponsible as well.

Edited by Ten301

Belial,

With all do repect, the the Inside Out article you cite is as far-fetched as the incident itself. After 20 years, someone has come forward who claims he did all of this with a flashlight and his Plymouth Volare. Well, that solves it then! Case closed! :lol: Did you noticed how quickly the article calls into question the character of Col. Halt and his men and calls them "gullible", yet the individual who makes this claim is not held to the same standard? What research was done by Inside Out to uncover the gentleman's background, motivation, references and character? Did you notice how they entirely gloss-over the presence of an actual craft and physical evidence, as well as other significant details? Oh, and let us not forget that old CISCOP "lighthouse" explanation that has again been thrown in there. Col. Halt and his men knew of that lighthouse. Do you not believe these intelligent individuals were capable of processing that information and making the determination that it was not a factor?

In over 20 years, Col. Halt and his men have never wavered in their account. They have been questioned, interviewed, ridiculed and then questioned again. Their lives have been placed under a microscope, and what negative information that would have bearing on this incident has been uncovered? None. By all accounts, Col. Halt is a man of outstanding character. All who have known and served with him have nothing but praise. However, that is meaningless, because we now have some mysterious individual, climbing from under a rock after all this time, telling some off-the-wall story about a flashlight and a Plymouth? One does have to ask; how would this individual have known this would be mistaken for a UFO? How would he know how the indended effect would look, and how it would be perceived by Col. Halt and his men? Knowing the color scheme of the lights on these vehicles, why would he believe they would assume "UFO" instead of military vehicle? None of what this man claims adds-up. It is incredibly weak as evidence or "proof", and amounts to nothing more than an agenda and attempted character assasination on the part of Inside Out.

After years of reading every interview and account of this incident that I could get my hands on, one thing is abundantly clear; something very significant happened in Rendlesham Forest on that (and the previous) night. One can debate the origin of the craft, but to dismiss this incident as simply a practical joke aided by a flashlight and a Plymouth is not only journalistically lazy, but incredibly irresponsible as well.

Well said. :tu:

Shall i take it that you are of the believing clan then ;)

While I am gay, my particular fairy ring was not hanging-out in Rendlesham Forest on that evening. I'll leave that to my buds in Cottingley. So, no, I cannot be certain what Col. Halt and company saw that night. My only beef (unfortunate word choice?) is when such incidents are so casually dismissed, especially on such weak evidence. I mean, really, a flashlight and a Plymouth Volare? It took this guy all this time to crawl out of the woodwork with his story, and that is the best he could do? Those involved have been under the microscope for over 20 years, and this gentleman? This is the "evidence" Inside Out cites to proclaim that the "hoax" has been exposed? This is sufficient to damn the reputation of honorable men who have, honor intact, withstood over 20 years of ridicule and attempts to discredit them? I think not. The quest for evidence and proof is not a one-way street. If it is demanded of Col. Halt and company, then conversely, Inside Out's collective feet should also be held to the fire.

In response to your specific question; I am neither a believer or nay-sayer. However, I feel there are far too many cases reported by extremely credible people to simply dismiss all of them as lying, mistaken or crazy.

Edited by Ten301

To answer your specific question, I am neither a believer or nay-sayer. However, I feel there are far too many cases reported by extremely credible people to simply dismiss all of them as lying, mistaken or crazy.

I agree that witnesses in most cases have certainly seen something and are relating their subjective stories for consideration. However, with a glaring lack of supporting evidence, or anything tangible at all to prop up the case then what are we realistically left with? Aliens? That's a possibility but in my opinion a very small one, in fact I would say the odds are astronomical if you'll pardon the pun. Hoax? That is a possibility as well. I'm not saying that the Rendlesham incident was a hoax because as you say, the evidence for a hoax is just as weak as the evidence for an alien craft. In that sense all we are left with is probability and in my opinion a hoax is much more probable than alien visitation. My two cents.

I agree that witnesses in most cases have certainly seen something and are relating their subjective stories for consideration. However, with a glaring lack of supporting evidence, or anything tangible at all to prop up the case then what are we realistically left with? Aliens? That's a possibility but in my opinion a very small one, in fact I would say the odds are astronomical if you'll pardon the pun. Hoax? That is a possibility as well. I'm not saying that the Rendlesham incident was a hoax because as you say, the evidence for a hoax is just as weak as the evidence for an alien craft. In that sense all we are left with is probability and in my opinion a hoax is much more probable than alien visitation. My two cents.

Agreed. Again, my only point was how easily some seem to dismiss any report, even those from very credible witnesses. I have no idea what they saw that night, but I am certain they saw something that seemed very strange to them. To review the details of this case and then announce it was simply some guy playing a practical joke with a car and a flashlight is laughable.

Edited by Ten301

I find it interesting that the incident of DEC 26, 1980 supposedly happened at 3 am and on the audio tape, early on, someone gives the time as zero one twenty five hours (1:25 am).

I find it interesting that the incident of DEC 26, 1980 supposedly happened at 3 am and on the audio tape, early on, someone gives the time as zero one twenty five hours (1:25 am).

If you are talking about the Halt tape, that wasn't recorded on the first night of the incident. You did realize that it wasn't just one night/one incident, right?

• 1 month later...

I've studied ufo's for 20 years, and this is one of the best I have come across because of the sound people that witnessed it.

Also, something worth checking on youtube is project bluebeam.