Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Torturing of Children by U.S in Iraq

nightbird

An Old Vets Opinion: Bush and the Torturing of Iraq’s Children

“…some men in order to present the supposed intentions of their adversaries have committed the most enormous cruelties…” Clearchus, a Spartan General 500B.C.

By: Jack Dalton

www.ommp.org

07/21/04 "ICH" -- It appears that the torturing of Iraq’s children is now a part of the Bush cabals “policy” of “bringing democracy, liberation and freedom” to the Iraqi people. This goes way past just simply outrageous.

Of the 535 members of congress, only one member has a child in Iraq, or in uniform for that matter. Not one within the executive branch can make any claim as not one of their children is in uniform, let alone in Iraq.

These are the people sending your sons and daughters off to kill and be killed in this Bush murderous mis-adventure in Iraq.

Perpetual war for perpetual peace. In the meantime the dead grow in numbers like some kind of obscene monument basking in the self-righteousness of Bush and his group of Mayberry Machiavelli’s, which now includes the torturing of children.

The horrific reports of torture, rape and murder at Abu Gharib, as well as the other prisons in Iraq and Afghanistan, are disappearing from U.S. media while not one word has been “reported” by them on the torture of children at the hands of U.S. personnel. So much for keeping the public informed.

For over a week I’ve been reading reports from multiple sources, the International Red Cross, UNICEF, Amnesty International about the young kids being held by the U.S. and the torture of them that has been caught on tape; but still not word in the U.S. media.

The reports are in the hands of our congress, but still not one word in corporate media, nor from congress. What ever happened to the right of the public to be kept informed?

Seymore Hersh, a reporter for the New Yorker magazine has yet to release the videos in his possession of the torturing of these children, but as he said, he is not done reporting on this yet…more to come. Screams of young boys being sodomized by U.S. personnel at the U.S “detention” centers.

What has happened to the soul of this nation that it can and will allow this kind of thing to happen and at the same time still support those that created the situation and environment that sanctions the rape and torture of children??? Is this a part of the American “values” we keep being told about by Bush and those that support him?

So much for “Christian American values.” It’s our actions that are hated with such passion not our “freedoms.”

It behooves me to understand how the torturing of children is making America safer from those we are told “hate our freedoms.” Good grief people, the lunatics are in charge of the asylum!

How can anyone continue to support this? You cannot separate support for Bush from events like this, doesn’t anyone understand this? Continued support for him is continued support for what is being done including the rape and torture of children.

I no not know what country I now in reside as it is not the country I served in uniform and war, nor is it the country I grew up learning about and believing in during the 40’s and 50’s.

This country pontificates and pats itself on the back about being a nation of law, compassion, truth, justice and that believes in God. It does this while being eye-ball deep in the commission of war crimes. If the torturing of children does not fit the definition of war crimes, nothing does!

There is no justification for the torturing of children for any reason, under any circumstances by anyone anytime, ever…period, end of story!

Due to and because of this, I accuse George W. Bush and his entire executive cohorts of:

Crimes against humanity;

Abuse of Power and office;

And War Crimes

Each and every one of them, Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, et al, should be tried for what they are…War Criminals!

While children are being tortured in Iraq, the headline story on CNN is about the torturing of chickens by KFC suppliers. What has happened to this country’s priorities? Where is its conscience and soul?

Copyright: Jack Dalton. Jack_Dalton@ommp.org

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nightbird

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic