Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Beam me up God

UM-Bot

Stephen Treehorn: Tractor beams have come to life in the Australian National University 1. First it was those little flip open communication devices from Star Trek which grew up to become our mobiles and now we have the embryonic potential to travel long distance at the speed of laser beam. Admittedly at present the technology is limited to glass particles over a distance of a metre but the Wright brothers managed only 120 feet at first and now we fly into outer space.
So what gives with the bold headline of a title? Well a bunch of ‘eggheads’ in Harvard have been able to entangle photons and solid-state materials. A photon according to renowned physicist Arthur Young: “Doesn’t have mass, it doesn’t have charge, it doesn’t have position, it doesn’t have time.”

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• Darkcore

• jimmyd

• HUGGI G

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting article. Could really open things up if the Observer effect is true - but then how would you ever prove it?! Bit of a case of if a tree falls in the woods, and no-ones around to hear it, does it make a noise?

Look forward to seeing discussions on this one!

Loved the thought of beaming to my nirvana, still drinking at the pure lands now. Its an interesting thought, so which bit o me goes on the laser beam journey? the inherently formless bit..or just a thought. great article thanks.

Sooooo, we will eventually have lightsaber!?!?! Just need to keep thinking about it :P

Thx G. Lucas!

lol, jk, still would be fun.

For the tree falling, even if no one is there, if there is air, it will make a noise.