Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Theory - Pineal Gland Activation

2012 Theory

I have a new theory on how people may activate their pineal gland / third eye.

What if going to a church or mosque for prayer could stimulate your third eye? Bare with me on this :blush:

I can't deny the bible seems to be a key to information, 2012 and of course the bible code. So what if we are just over-simplifying this messages from the bible:

"Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved"

1. If you were to strongly believe in God then, like millions throughout the World, chances are you will regularly attend your Church or Mosque.

2. It has become apparent that many Churches and Mosques are positioned on ley lines, the earths energy grid.

3. As you know Churches, Cathedrals and Mosques are usually tall buildings with spires and/or obelisk-like columns incorporated into the design. So WHY are traditional religious buildings built on ley lines with this obelisk design? It is certainly not an accident. If their design is like an obelisk, and an obelisk is said to be like a Pyramid, then maybe these religious buildings share traits of the Pyramids. Golden ratio's and sacred geometry are certainly evident.

4. It is said that meditation can activate your third-eye, but is prayer so far away from meditation? I think not – I’m saying when you go to church or a mosque to pray you are essentially going to a place full of focussed energy to meditate. Prayer is mentioned here:

"if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved"

If we are coming into an age of spirituality (which seems to be a widely supported theory at the moment) then the above theory would also make sense.

www.pyramids.ru - Russian research has shown that Pyramids emit a positive energy, increasing growth etc, though it must be said I didn't get this info from a primary source. If this is indeed true I am wondering if this energy could be beneficial to the awakening of the pineal gland - especially since the pyramids have been referred to as gateways to other dimensions. If you are exercising your pineal gland (or third-eye) through prayer then would this energy be focussed by the pyramid - and if so would this also work within churches and mosques?

Actually a thought I had whilst driving to work this morning so I thought I’d stick it out there :D I can’t find anyone else discussing this as yet.

I am intrigued by religion, but cant believe that a god that claims absolute forgiveness on one-hand, would punish non-believers on the other – This seems to be a great contradiction and this is the thought that brought me to this theory. Thanks for reading.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SlimJim22

• TheSearcher

• Aus Der Box Skeptisch

• 2012 Theory

Welcome 2012 theory, do you have another name you'd rather go by? This is a topic that has been discussed here and there on this site to my knowledge but there is a great deal of good information on line surrounding this topic.

Here is a good one.

http://earthart.subfusion.co.uk/standing%20stones.html

You also might to check out the Gaia hypothesis or read up on geomancy. I'd say the ancients knew a lot more about the effects of EM on the human body and mind. However, I'd disagree with you on whether ley lines have much to do with actually opening the third eye. To me that is another issue and though vortexes may assist in altering states of consciousness I don't think that is the purpose of churches and mosques.

Instead I think of the ley lines connecting megalithic sites and holy buildings as being like the natural meridians of the earth. Therefore when you build a church or other site on a specific point you are able to achieve a connection with the vibration of the earth and raise the frequency through love or prayer. Sinister sites having the opposite effect I expect.

You could be right though and it does allow a better connection to the spirit of the earth but I doubt prayer is enough to stimulate kundalani by itself.

Hope that helps a little and enjoy your time here.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/antigravityworldgrid/ciencia_antigravityworldgrid01.htm

http://www.jiroolcott.com/earth_energy.html

http://www.sacredconnections.co.uk/holyland/EarthEnergies.htm

What if going to a church or mosque for prayer could stimulate your third eye? Bare with me on this :blush:

I can't deny the bible seems to be a key to information, 2012 and of course the bible code. So what if we are just over-simplifying this messages from the bible:

1. If you were to strongly believe in God then, like millions throughout the World, chances are you will regularly attend your Church or Mosque.

2. It has become apparent that many Churches and Mosques are positioned on ley lines, the earths energy grid.

3. As you know Churches, Cathedrals and Mosques are usually tall buildings with spires and/or obelisk-like columns incorporated into the design. So WHY are traditional religious buildings built on ley lines with this obelisk design? It is certainly not an accident. If their design is like an obelisk, and an obelisk is said to be like a Pyramid, then maybe these religious buildings share traits of the Pyramids. Golden ratio's and sacred geometry are certainly evident.

4. It is said that meditation can activate your third-eye, but is prayer so far away from meditation? I think not – I’m saying when you go to church or a mosque to pray you are essentially going to a place full of focussed energy to meditate. Prayer is mentioned here:

"if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved"

If we are coming into an age of spirituality (which seems to be a widely supported theory at the moment) then the above theory would also make sense.

www.pyramids.ru - Russian research has shown that Pyramids emit a positive energy, increasing growth etc, though it must be said I didn't get this info from a primary source. If this is indeed true I am wondering if this energy could be beneficial to the awakening of the pineal gland - especially since the pyramids have been referred to as gateways to other dimensions. If you are exercising your pineal gland (or third-eye) through prayer then would this energy be focussed by the pyramid - and if so would this also work within churches and mosques?

Actually a thought I had whilst driving to work this morning so I thought I’d stick it out there :D I can’t find anyone else discussing this as yet.

I am intrigued by religion, but cant believe that a god that claims absolute forgiveness on one-hand, would punish non-believers on the other – This seems to be a great contradiction and this is the thought that brought me to this theory. Thanks for reading.

Just a note regarding your hypothesis: They concept of "ley lines" was first proposed by Alfred Watkins in the 1920's, and was based upon his observations relating to prehistoric sites in Britain. In later decades, this concept was "adopted" by any number fringe groups/authors who proceeded to erroneously apply sacred/mythical values to the proposition.

The entire concept has been thoroughly addressed in the detailed and well documented book;

Williamson. T., and E. Bellamy

1983 "Ley Lines in Question", London, Heinemann

In short, there are no ley lines and any allusion to such must be looked upon with a deservedly critical eye.

How does one "activate" a gland that, for the most part, has served it function in assisting

in the sexual developement of an individual by the time that individual reaches puberty?

cormac

How does one "activate" a gland that, for the most part, has served it function in assisting

in the sexual developement of an individual by the time that individual reaches puberty?

cormac

Good question cormac! I'm also curious at what point the pineal gland was identified as the third eye. Link please. Thank you

Good question cormac! I'm also curious at what point the pineal gland was identified as the third eye. Link please. Thank you

I second that. Besides, the bible is no more than a book with a religious text and 2012 is just a load of bull feces, which has been debunked over and over and over and over and over......

To see the light, so to speak...

A few of us investigated this sort of thing in my Cygnus thread and it revolved around the ancient practice of meditating or praying deeply, spiritually in caves or underground, to possibly receive a light pulse, in your pineal gland?, not sure, third eye, probably, but there is some possible connection in all this. Zarathustra himself spent years in a cave fine tuning his spiritual self it is said, a church could be a similar thing maybe...subterranean chambers for underground spirituality are common in ancient times.

Third eye

ājñā, आज्ञा

indigo

Direct perception, intuition, imagination, visualization, concentration, Self-mastery, Extra Sensory Perception time / light

Between the eyebrows. (Pineal gland)

Meditation, guided visualization.

Dark bluish colored fruits, Liquids, Spices

Wiki - Third Eye http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_eye

Mind you, it is an esoteric teaching that deems this so but studies are following the idea up and it is generally accepted that if the 3rd eye is a physical thing it's the pineal gland.

cormac

My view is that the third eye actually includes the whole thalamus. That is pineal and pitutary enclosed in the thalamus. It is of course part of western esoteric tradition aswell as hinduism. The pineal gland is most often attached to the idea of a third eye. Some have suggested that the pineal gland does bare evidence of once having a lense. Is it or able in a heightened state to still pick up subtle energies and magentism? Here is a good explanation.

The physiological site of this sixth Chakra, the Ajna, is located in the center of the forehead. It is symbolized by an eye - the so-called third eye, the inner eye, or the eye of the mind. When this eye is opened, a new and completely different dimension of reality is revealed to the practitioner of yoga. Western scholars when they first encountered this literature, took the third eye to be an appropriately poetic metaphor and nothing else.

http://www.nwbotanicals.org/oak/newphysics/thirdeye.htm

There are lots and lots of both historic and occult references to the third eye and/or pineal gland. The uraeus of Egypt, kundalani if India, the orphic egg, and the serpent and the grail. I respect your right to deny any of the above based on actual evidence but if you think about what biology says the pineal and thalamus do and you might see how it connects to the concept of a spiritworld or universal mind.

http://www.ichikung.com/pdf/QiBioelectromageticEnergy.pdf

The possibility that is interesting me right now is whether during times of a weakening magnetic field, when the earth is bathed in more cosmic energies, this could have an effect on consciousness through the thalamus and pineal gland. It is an area that I am sure could be researched well enough at this time. Doing studies in caves in the eath could be especially fruitful.

http://www.universal-tao.com/dark_room/extra.html

My view is that the third eye actually includes the whole thalamus. That is pineal and pitutary enclosed in the thalamus. It is of course part of western esoteric tradition aswell as hinduism. The pineal gland is most often attached to the idea of a third eye. Some have suggested that the pineal gland does bare evidence of once having a lense. Is it or able in a heightened state to still pick up subtle energies and magentism? Here is a good explanation.

The physiological site of this sixth Chakra, the Ajna, is located in the center of the forehead. It is symbolized by an eye - the so-called third eye, the inner eye, or the eye of the mind. When this eye is opened, a new and completely different dimension of reality is revealed to the practitioner of yoga. Western scholars when they first encountered this literature, took the third eye to be an appropriately poetic metaphor and nothing else.

http://www.nwbotanicals.org/oak/newphysics/thirdeye.htm

There are lots and lots of both historic and occult references to the third eye and/or pineal gland. The uraeus of Egypt, kundalani if India, the orphic egg, and the serpent and the grail. I respect your right to deny any of the above based on actual evidence but if you think about what biology says the pineal and thalamus do and you might see how it connects to the concept of a spiritworld or universal mind.

http://www.ichikung.com/pdf/QiBioelectromageticEnergy.pdf

The possibility that is interesting me right now is whether during times of a weakening magnetic field, when the earth is bathed in more cosmic energies, this could have an effect on consciousness through the thalamus and pineal gland. It is an area that I am sure could be researched well enough at this time. Doing studies in caves in the eath could be especially fruitful.

http://www.universal-tao.com/dark_room/extra.html

Thank you slim I appreciate your response :)

Thank you slim I appreciate your response :)

My pleasure, I always enjoy going back and getting back on the trail of genuine mysteries. It amazes me the similarities that oriental and occidental traditions share. "The east never had an Aristotle" I like that from the first link I posted and it is true. Aristotle meant the subversion of the metaphysical in the west. It now became baseless superstition and hocus pocus. Therefore highly significant when modern physics is starting to reassess. One of the current experts on ley lines is Paul Devreux and although they are dragon lines to the east, the symbol of the dragon in bot places is significant imo.

http://www.pauldevereux.co.uk/

Very strange is the alledged connection between street names at the 2012 Olympic village as they correspond to ley lines and Zion. Probably nothing but it does at the eleast generate interest from those who would otheriwse uninterested. Not me though I love seeing how fast, high or strong humans can be. This has been a passion of ours since the original Olympics and maybe even longer.

http://justinstephens.blogspot.com/2008/07/london-olympics-2012-zion-street-plan.html

Slim, the magnetic field around the earth is weakening yes, but it is a lot less catastrophic than some media are trying to make us believe. Don't forget, in this day and age, sensationalism sells more papers.

From this website, read the following quote :

During a reversal the magentosphere would not be gone. As shown in the photo gallery below, recent supercomputer models depict poles popping up all over the planet. This would scamble the magnetic field, but not eliminate it. One drastic affect on the biosphere will be that migratory patterns would be thrown off by a reversal. Many species of animals rely on the magnetic poles to guide their migrations and such. This could cause the extinction of species, but it could even bring the evolution of new species. Though the reversal may never get into full swing in our lifetimes, it is likely that it will occur. Radiation would disrupt radio signals, and other frequently used methods of communication. This may hinder the daily routines of many people around the world, but may not cause any catastrophic problems. Overall the world will not come a screeching halt because of this.

Please explain what "cosmic energies" you are talking about? The only cosmic energy I always hear about, is the one from clap trap new age sites and books, which in that case are usually a load of bunkum. Do you mean a scientifically measurable radiation of some kind?

I would not expect too much about the 'third eye'...

The only creatures that have a functioning 'third eye' are the tuataras and lampreys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuatara

And it's also good to read a few basics first:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parietal_eye

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineal_gland

Slim, the magnetic field around the earth is weakening yes, but it is a lot less catastrophic than some media are trying to make us believe. Don't forget, in this day and age, sensationalism sells more papers.

From this website, read the following quote :

Please explain what "cosmic energies" you are talking about? The only cosmic energy I always hear about, is the one from clap trap new age sites and books, which in that case are usually a load of bunkum. Do you mean a scientifically measurable radiation of some kind?

It was covered extensively in the Cygnus Cosmic Origins thread but here is some extra reading on the subject.

http://www.martinfrost.ws/htmlfiles/aug2006/cosmic_rays1.html

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/11/091102171716.htm

http://www.lunarplanner.com/SolarCycles.html

http://www.getxnews.com/2010/08/mystery-symbols-of-an-alien-sky-manmade-or-natural-phenomena-the-conscious-discernment-of-the-coming-transformational-moment/

And another good one on ley lines.

http://www.leyman.demon.co.uk/index.html

Thanks everyone for their replies! Some very interesting thoughts there, Im really just a beginner with this but will be investing some more of my spare time into research. I've watched the David Wilcock vids on youtube and was blown away with his work, even as theory it makes you ask a lot of questions and challenges what you think you know.

This is a topic that has been discussed here and there on this site to my knowledge but there is a great deal of good information on line surrounding this topic.

Here is a good one.

http://earthart.subfusion.co.uk/standing%20stones.html

That's a great link Jim thanks. I never thought of monolithic sites acting like acupuncture before - I've not read the full article yet but I certainly will as its grabbed my attention. Feel free to call me Nick by the way :P

I've not had much time this evening but did read all replies and aim to respond to more once Ive done a little research on your points, hopefully I'll get some time tomorrow. Great response on my first post, thanks again to all.

I second that. Besides, the bible is no more than a book with a religious text and 2012 is just a load of bull feces, which has been debunked over and over and over and over and over......

Does anybody know if the Sitchin corpus is big enough to support those fake-message-making algorithms people use to fabricate the Bible Code and such? They've done it with War and Peace and Ulysses, I know, and maybe Don Quixote.

Wouldn't you love to know what the Head Nibbler's message would be?

Slim, the only article you should pay attention to, in all the links you gave me, is the sciencedaily.com one.

I stopped reading the first link, as soon as I read the name Andrew Collins. The man is so far out there, even the Hubble telescope would have a hard time finding him.

The third link is a mix of science and b******s, that I find interesting yet unsettling. They have part of their science right, one should be merciful for small favors I suppose.

The forth link, sorry mate, I didn't bother, I know the site and how biased they are, they will twist facts to suit their opinion, it will be little tweaks, but tweaks nonetheless. Far from trustworthy.

Ley lines are pseudoscience, Slim, so entirely devoid of any value to me, I'm sorry mate.

So ok I can admit that there are particles and radiation coming towards the earth and that it has the normal physical effects science ascribes to it, but there is no such things as the "cosmic energies" described by most new-age fringe sites.

Slim, the only article you should pay attention to, in all the links you gave me, is the sciencedaily.com one.

I stopped reading the first link, as soon as I read the name Andrew Collins. The man is so far out there, even the Hubble telescope would have a hard time finding him.

The third link is a mix of science and b******s, that I find interesting yet unsettling. They have part of their science right, one should be merciful for small favors I suppose.

The forth link, sorry mate, I didn't bother, I know the site and how biased they are, they will twist facts to suit their opinion, it will be little tweaks, but tweaks nonetheless. Far from trustworthy.

Ley lines are pseudoscience, Slim, so entirely devoid of any value to me, I'm sorry mate.

So ok I can admit that there are particles and radiation coming towards the earth and that it has the normal physical effects science ascribes to it, but there is no such things as the "cosmic energies" described by most new-age fringe sites.

That cool Search. I'm not trying to convince anybody just putting the other side of the argument forward while trying to avoid fringe sites. The new age may have misrepresented the concepts of kundalani and chakras but they should not be dismissed because of this imo.

The Greek anatomist Herophilis, in the 4th century B.C. called the gland 'a sphincter which regulates the flow of thought'

http://www.yogamag.net/archives/1979/cmar79/pineal.shtml

Hmm, that's one way to look at it.

I actually think it is even more important to the mysteries anyway. Stop me at any point but this is what I have read over the years. The thalamus is like the tabernacle where the chemical marriage takes place. There are lots of symbols for this such as the orphic egg, the blue apples, etc but what it always comes down to is the mixing of the gland secretions of pineal and pituitary glands. Milk and honey, sweet and sour, blood and water all can be interpreted as relating to the third eye activation and kundalani. Therefore the stories from hebrews, greeks, celts and even the story of Odin have something to teach about this 'mixing'. Maybe you don't think it is a lot to go and I respect that entirely but when you study the ancient mysteries you think what do they mean and then the parallels begin to emerge.

This is something I hadn't heard of before though.

http://sunlightenment.com/endocrine-secretions-during-sungazing/

This was the article that really connected it all for me.

http://www.freewebs.com/garyosborn/gateofgod.htm