Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Clown' close to winning a seat in Brazil

Still Waters

A humorist known for dressing as a clown and poking fun at politics is running as a candidate in the Brazilian election, and has a good chance of being successful.

Detractors have filed a dozen lawsuits against Tiririca - whose real name is Francisco Everardo Oliveira.

While most attack him for ridiculing Brazil's legislative institutions, the most serious suit seeks to invalidate his bid for a federal seat by claiming that he is, like 20 per cent of the population, illiterate.

The commotion around Tiririca would be minor in other circumstances. But it has taken on bigger proportions because, according to polls, the comic is within reach of actually winning his seat to represent Sao Paulo state.

He has gained popularity with his advertisements, which contrast with the run-of-the-mill "vote-for-me" pleas seen on television.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fluffybunny

• Agent X

• questionmark

• Still Waters

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I will state the obvious...pretty much all we have is clowns in office. Who cares if they actually dress the part?

I will state the obvious...pretty much all we have is clowns in office. Who cares if they actually dress the part?

Well, let me put it this way: What is the difference between an eunuch and a politician trying to be funny?

A: There is none, both know how it works but can't do it.

I'm sick of people who have no sense of humor.