Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Witchcraft, Wicca etc... Valid religions?

Mr. Miyagi

OK Perhaps I was jumping the gun with calling you an atheist, but you are most definitely a fanatic judging by the fact taht you will not accept any source previously stated.

what source? there aint been one , thats the point of this thread.That's why there has been so much anguish, no one can find a contemporary report of witches before christianity. I am actually still looking myself.I promise if i find one I will tell you.cross my heart..

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• xris

• ChloeB

• Mr. Miyagi

Top Posters In This Topic

becoming agressive and abusive again..sorry but that dont work on me bros..

Nothing works on you because you're doing nothing but trolling, you don't know what you're talking about, you haven't researched anything. Just like the thread this started in, where you wanted to tell everyone what true Satanism was and wasn't; I had to go read your link for you and post it for you because you seem to have trouble with comprehension, just a quick google to be argumentative and you don't even bother reading what you used to support your arguments, if you have anything to support them at all. When you can't back them up, you go whine that people are abusing you. Maybe some subjects are a little too complex for you and when people try to help you, you take it as insults because it intimidates you how little you know versus how much you claim to know. It's totally transparent, you aren't fooling anyone.

Historic reference? **Laughs** Have you read nothing anyone has posted? Read the goddamn bible witches are mentioned. Look at history itself, It may not be referred to as Paganism all along because "Pagan" is a term coined by Christians for one who did not follow their religion in the middle ages. Define Paganism. And not that "Heathen not believing in god" BS either, and you will see that in all truth it is one of the most ancient religions out there. Yes it has changed, it has evolved, BUT THAT IS WHAT MAKES IT A RELIGION! The evolution of the beliefs over the centuries. Christianity, Islam, Judiasm, none of them are exactly the same as they where when they formed.

Religions are simple to create. ~ Rocky_Rox_407
Edited by Psychosis The Juggalo

Nothing works on you because you're doing nothing but trolling, you don't know what you're talking about, you haven't researched anything. Just like the thread this started in, where you wanted to tell everyone what true Satanism was and wasn't; I had to go read your link for you and post it for you because you seem to have trouble with comprehension, just a quick google to be argumentative and you don't even bother reading what you used to support your arguments, if you have anything to support them at all. When you can't back them up, you go whine that people are abusing you. Maybe some subjects are a little too complex for you and when people try to help you, you take it as insults because it intimidates you how little you know versus how much you claim to know. It's totally transparent, you aren't fooling anyone.

You are becoming aggressive and abusive. Your post was pure rhetoric, it had nothing of value or anything to reply to. Complex ..so you trying to wiggle out of an impossible situation is complex..No its entertaining, its bringing out the very worst in you. A good example of modern faith in action..Go on put a spell on me.

Historic reference? **Laughs** Have you read nothing anyone has posted? Read the goddamn bible witches are mentioned. Look at history itself, It may not be referred to as Paganism all along because "Pagan" is a term coined by Christians for one who did not follow their religion in the middle ages. Define Paganism. And not that "Heathen not believing in god" BS either, and you will see that in all truth it is one of the most ancient religions out there. Yes it has changed, it has evolved, BUT THAT IS WHAT MAKES IT A RELIGION! The evolution of the beliefs over the centuries. Christianity, Islam, Judiasm, none of them are exactly the same as they where when they formed.

You have no reference to ancient paganism its all invention. Modern new world religions, that have more to do with "ye man" rock and roll and a chance of free love in the park..Sorry but they are all the same to me. Mans constant desire to invent and then reinvent.

You are becoming aggressive and abusive. Your post was pure rhetoric, it had nothing of value or anything to reply to. Complex ..so you trying to wiggle out of an impossible situation is complex..No its entertaining, its bringing out the very worst in you. A good example of modern faith in action..Go on put a spell on me.

And you have added plenty of value here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its just comical and sad at this stage.

Br Cornelius

And you have added plenty of value here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its just comical and sad at this stage.

Br Cornelius

OHH so four funny faces makes your post even more relevant..o dear...Any more circling out there? I can hear the were wolves baying , wanting my blood. Sorry but one more for the devil and I will leave you ..Happy searching that wonderful wicci web world..

OHH so four funny faces makes your post even more relevant..o dear...Any more circling out there? I can hear the were wolves baying , wanting my blood. Sorry but one more for the devil and I will leave you ..Happy searching that wonderful wicci web world..

Good luck on your quest to convince the world of your infallible truth. You and the Pope should make good company.

Br Cornelius

If someone trying to explain things to you feels like abuse to you, then there's not much anyone can say to you. You only pull this victim nonsense when someone makes a good point that you can't think of anything else to say other than calling it aggressive. Br Cornelius made some excellent posts to you and you responded with nothing but how it's aggressive. Go back and look you ignore every point made to you, you make no effort to respond with anything of substance why you disagree.

OHH so four funny faces

Well blow me over ..he can count..!! :w00t:

You keep babbling about abuse well here is some for you. You are a * snip *, you will not accept anything other than your own beliefs as valid, and anything people say has to somehow coincide with what you believe. Why would you start a post looking for absolute proof? Give me historical proof that Christ rose from the dead? Or that Noah ever built an Ark. Or that or that Buddha really did survive ten days without food or water. Or whatever religion YOU follow. Give me proof that it really happened and is not just a bunch of words.

"No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them."

--Elie Wiesel

Edited by Saru
Removed personal insult

Invention..do you believe in unicorns ? were wolves, angels, devils, imps , fairies, jinns, demons, wizards, the living dead, vampires, voodoo, banshee, elves, the little people, gnomes, pan, peter pan, tinker bell...and anything that goes bang in the night.

Ohh good grief.... Look I'll explain this in laymans terms.. breaking it down ...

Lets say - you are writing a religion --> you speak out against Mediums, --> you call them an abomination and against god <--- now the only way you could ever know that mediums ever existed is if you knew of so many BEFORE you begun to write out your own bible........ get it now?

So as man was writing the bible... then it is OBVIOUS they knew witches existed BEFORE they had written anything about them in their bible... ya dig?? as they cannot go and write stuff claiming god is against them, if they did not exist.....................so witches were around long before christianity... sigh *shakes head*

Ohh please god lets hope he gets it now... :blink:

You know what I am going to report myself for my abusive behaviour on this thread.

:lol: ohh good lord its gotten that bad then huh? to the point you just want to turn yourself in LOL you poor man

You keep babbling about abuse well here is some for you. You are *snip*

Well I have to say I cannot blame you.. when you have come on here thinking you were going to have a decent discusion.. and you found a troll putting your beliefs down non stop...

You know what I am going to report myself for my abusive behaviour on this thread. Maybe we can get something done about me.

Br Cornelius

You should, you really are quite the menace, and such a bad influence on all of us making everyone else abusive too. :lol:

Oooops, there goes one of those dreaded smiley faces.

From things I've read it had a very different meaning before the Christians took it and ran with it with things like how they defined it in such things as Malleus Mallifcarum, them being in league with the devil, doing evil, and such. I have quite a few books on it, but they all say more or less about what I posted originally, here's just that specific part that goes into that:

When I began my journey into this wonderful world, I was taught the word of the word wic, or wicca, means "wise," for witches were the keepers of the wisdom, evolving into the images of wise women and wizardly men. Another definition was to "bend and shape," meaning those who practiced witchcraft could bend and shape the natural forces to do their bidding, to make magick. The word witch is actually considered to be Anglo-Saxon in origin, and some feel that only those who are practicing European traditions, or more specifically Celtic, Saxon, or German traditions, have the right to claim the title witch. The entomology of the word can be possibly traced back to Sanskrit and the earliest Indo-European languages, although this could be a popular folk entomology used by many modern witches. The Middle English word wicche is traced back to the Old English wiccan, meaning "to practice witchcraft." Male and female witches were distinguished through the words wicca and wicce, respectively. In Middle High German, wicken means "to bewitch or divine the future." In Old German, the word is traced to wih, meaning "holy." From the Old German to Old Norman, we have the word ve, meaning "temple." Notice and interesting shift from the W sound to the V sound, but notice the similar shapes of the letters. The letter double U actually looks more like double V in our alphabet. In French, the letter is called doublevay. The further back you go, the further away you get from the stereotypical witch and to a word of sacredness and spirituality. Now you are getting to the true meaning of witch.

I read that before.. well parts of it anyway... it sure opens your eyes to what wicca really is... I blame the religious teaching we had at school... My catholic teachers ref to it as evil... We were never taught the real meaning of wicca or pagan for that matter

Tell me chloe... when did you begin your journey??

What a train wreck of a thread, Xris I think its time you took a vacation from the forums - expect a PM shortly.

Closed.