Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

JesusFreakGS Returns - Four Years Later

Incognito

Hullo! This is JesusFreakGS speaking (with a new screen name, of course). Wow. A few of you may remember me. I doubt it, though. It has indeed been four years. Maybe Homer remembers me? Hi Homer! Or SaRuMaN? How have you guys been?

Anyway, I'm sure a lot of people have come and gone here at Unexplained Mysteries... and I'm mainly just making this post for anyone out there who may actually remember me. I was the well-spoken 13-year-old who tried to politely prove to everyone with infallible scientific evidence and undeniable logic that God did indeed exist and that my religion was the RIGHT ONE. Noble, eh?

I stumbled upon this site tonight/this morning, and I went back to my "God, the Bible, and Christianity" post (the one that SaRuMaN blocked laugh.gif ) and I've gotta' tell you... I feel so incredibly stupid!

Needless to say, a lot has happened in the past four years. I mean a LOT. But the only part of that lot that really concerns this post is what's been happening to me in the past year or so. I'll try to be brief:

1) Backslid. 2) Doubted. 3) Underwent existential despair over humanity's complete inability of knowing anything (an epistemic tragedy, yes?). 4) Made Kierkegaard's "leap of faith" back into Christianity, even though I knew that I'd be a completely different Christian than everyone else, and that I'd be completely alone in my perception of faith. 5) Met up with some really cool people (it's a rather miraculous story, really) who were going through the exact same thing as me, thus finding out that I wasn't alone. 6) Began understanding my faith from a Post-Modern context.

And, well, here I am. I'm a different person now. I now look back at my Apologetics/Debate days, and I chuckle at how much of a complete moron I was. Now I like to think I have a much broader vision of life and knowledge, and... well... I just wanted to say I'm sorry to the few of you who were here and still are here, and who I may have offended with my close-minded defense of my religion. Or maybe you all just laughed at how stupid I was, and imagined to yourself a time when I'd come crawling back apologizing.

...And, well, here I am.

Anyway, I don't know what else to say now. If you remember me, please respond... it would be good for me to know I'm not talking to complete strangers here. And if I am... well... heh... I'll just be leaving now...

OH, and I'd better make this post on-topic, eh? Uh... skepticism is a perfectly valid view of life, especially in light of the fact that knowledge isn't as simple as so many of us like to think it is. What do you think?!

Edited by Incognito

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Incognito

• SilverCougar

• Guyver

• The Infidel Guy

I read your posts . Welcome back .

So what are you now ?

Theistic evolutionist ?

Buddhist ?

Athiest ?

Agnostic ?

Something else ?

Hi Adam,

No, you won't find many recognizable names from the past, but then we were a pretty small group of people way back then. Sounds like you've done some 'growing up', welcome back.

Magikman

Yes, Welcome back Jesusfreak.

Yes, Jesusfreak... I remember you... Gee, has it really been four years???

There are still about 10 of us here, that were here back when you posted.

Welcome back...

Reese

Long time no see wink2.gif

The last time I remember seeing you on UM was way back on the old YaBB forum, just after the site moved from the original Freeserve web space.

Good to see you again. thumbsup.gif

Im a buddhist. Im not a x-tian cuz it sounds to unrealistic.

What IS realistic? Nothing external, I'd venture to say.

Hey there. Mind the drop if you ever come up to my cliff for a visit. grin2.gif

• 5 years later...

guys

I'm bumping this. 5 years later. so a total of like 8-9 years later I guess.

HOLY **** I WAS SUCH A ****WAD WHEN I WAS JESUSFREAKGS

you have no idea, like... how awful and just.. sick I feel. looking back. How I talked, how I acted. I thought I was being so nice and clear and communicative and I remember that I felt so confused when people reacted poorly to me... but like... of COURSE people hated me. honestly. I was such a ****wad.

I'm basically an atheist now. I've also channeled my creative energies into acting and writing more.

I also never say lol unless it's to be ironic.

but seriously

I am so freaking sorry for how annoying I was when I was 14

I'll probably find this forum/thread again in four years and post again apologizing. Just so you know.

I'd call myself... a Follower of Christ.

Welcome back to the fold my brother. You're in good company.

guys

you have no idea, like... how awful and just.. sick I feel. looking back. How I talked, how I acted. I thought I was being so nice and clear and communicative and I remember that I felt so confused when people reacted poorly to me... but like... of COURSE people hated me. honestly. I was such a ****wad.

I'm basically an atheist now. I've also channeled my creative energies into acting and writing more.

but seriously

I'll probably find this forum/thread again in four years and post again apologizing. Just so you know.

I love to see the journey people take. Could you tell us how you became a atheist from being a follower of Christ?

I'd call myself... a Follower of Christ.

You say you call yourself a follower of Christ.... then later state:

"I'm basically an atheist now. I've also channeled my creative energies into acting and writing more."

Seems to me your confused - :wacko:

Peace

T.I.G

You say you call yourself a follower of Christ.... then later state:

"I'm basically an atheist now. I've also channeled my creative energies into acting and writing more."

Seems to me your confused - :wacko:

Peace

T.I.G

Later as in... 5 years? Is everyone who has evolving beliefs confused? :hmm:

I remain corrected.

Did not look at the dates of that particular post. My bad.

Peace

T.I.G

So how old are you now? 20 or 21? Why are you atheist now? I have done the whole "read old posts from 4 years ago when I was a teenager thing" too. Lots of fun. :unsure:

Hey Adam!

Glad to 'see' you again. I come and go from time to time, and was absent for about a year straight a few years back, which is probably why I missed your previous announcement.

From christian zealot...to follower of Christ...to basically an athiest?

Sounds like an interesting turn of events.

Don't be a stranger.

Homer

I guess I was confused too. I didn't even look at the dates. So the guy went from Jesus freak to atheist?! Okay, I get it now - I think? :blink::blush:<_<

guys

but seriously

chalk one up for the dark side :devil:

I'm definitely interested in hearing the story behind your change of religious views over the years, that is if you don't mind sharing. :)

Holy good gods man ;) Been ages. Good ta see you surface again!