Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has Hayabusa probe picked up alien life?

Still Waters

Particles that could contain alien life have been discovered inside a capsule of the Hayabusa probe that had collected asteroid dust, according to Japan’s space agency.

Scientists are said to have discovered minute particles that may contain extraterrestrial life from outside Earth.

An analysis conducted by electronic microscopes shows the particles containing characteristics that are different from dust or aluminium powder samples already collected, according to Japanese reports.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Druidus-Logos

• Drunkenparrot

• booNyzarC

• Still Waters

Very interesting, I can't wait to see the official results.

This part from the article isn't too promising though:

The particles were believed to have originated from Earth, the Yomiuri newspaper and Kyodo News agency reported.

Very interesting, I can't wait to see the official results.

This part from the article isn't too promising though:

The particles were believed to have originated from Earth, the Yomiuri newspaper and Kyodo News agency reported.

your right boonyzarc, Any spacecraft that was built and launced from earth stands the chance that some type of organizm coulod be aboard it, Just imagine the exitment if in fact it came from space, I think mankind would alter the way we look for life in the universe, Forget the radio signals,

your right boonyzarc, Any spacecraft that was built and launced from earth stands the chance that some type of organizm coulod be aboard it, Just imagine the exitment if in fact it came from space, I think mankind would alter the way we look for life in the universe, Forget the radio signals,

This is why I want a Slivery Disc to Land on the White House East Lawn and Sumptin Green and Slimey Walks out an takes a Wiz by the Trees and The Sceret service takes notice ?

Then we would have something to Talk about!

I think life is very common in the universe. I wouldn't be surprised if it WAS extraterrestrial. I also wouldn't raise an eyebrow if it was Terran life, though.

I can't wait to hear more.

Wasn't this how George Romero's Night of the Living Dead kicked off?

Ben discovers a television and the emergency broadcaster reveals that the murderers are recently dead human beings who have returned to life and who are consuming their victims' flesh. Experts including scientists and military generals are not sure of the cause of the reanimation, but one scientist is certain that it is the result of radiation emanating from a Venus space probe that exploded in the Earth's atmosphere

Synopsis for Night of the Living Dead

zombie-emoticon.gif

It's a dead moth caught in the internal mechanics left over from original build of craft here on earth :tu:

Wasn't this how George Romero's Night of the Living Dead kicked off?

Synopsis for Night of the Living Dead

zombie-emoticon.gif

There's also a new low budget movie that was pretty good called 'Monsters' that kicked off with a probe finding alien life.

It was actually a pretty good movie and it's getting some acclaim DESPITE having giant squid aliens.

its going to be the same as it always is the report will come back as nothing more than earth life, I believe lifes out there, but most people wont care if they find bacteria all that would happen is news papers and news channels will make a big thing about life being found they when people find out its just bacteria they wont care you'll just get the nuts screaming about we must stop leaving the earth because will infect the human race, unless a ufo lands in every major city and a talking walking alien gets out most people realy wont care even then some will say its a special fx hoex.

Interesting stuff. If this turns out to be true it could be a significant boost to the panspermia hypothesis.

I personally think it is fake. The Japanese just want to be recognized as the first people that found Alien life.

And you basis for this is?

Interesting stuff. If this turns out to be true it could be a significant boost to the panspermia hypothesis.

I agree.

Along with this current news of the hyabusa probe, the possibility that the AH84001 meteorite contains evidence of fossilized martian bacteria has not been ruled out.

None of the original features supporting our hypothesis for ALH84001 has either been discredited or has been positively ascribed to non-biologic explanations

Allan Hills 84001

If what science is observing proves to be biological its similarity to terrestrial life would go a long way in support of the panspermia hypothesis.

I personally think it is fake. The Japanese just want to be recognized as the first people that found Alien life.

What the heck? I think someone here has something against the Japanese or something? :blink:

Edited by Der Ketzer

Am I the only one who thought of the Micheal Crichton book Andromeda Strain while reading this? I mean it could just have to do with ebing up for close to 40 hours, but seriously, I was thinking of Andromeda Strain the entire time...

If what science is observing proves to be biological its similarity to terrestrial life would go a long way in support of the panspermia hypothesis.

For me it makes sense that similarity between microscopic life on Earth and alient but beloging to our solar system may exist.

So, the part where it says 'The particles were believed to have originated from Earth, the Yomiuri newspaper and Kyodo News agency reported', is this what is leading to the panspermia hypothesis or is it literally a typo? ..... because the title clearly says 'extraterrestrial'......as in they expect the particles may contain EXTRAterrestrial life...

What's the deal here (with this article)?!

Edited by Paxus

• 1 month later...

So, the part where it says 'The particles were believed to have originated from Earth, the Yomiuri newspaper and Kyodo News agency reported', is this what is leading to the panspermia hypothesis or is it literally a typo? ..... because the title clearly says 'extraterrestrial'......as in they expect the particles may contain EXTRAterrestrial life...

What's the deal here (with this article)?!

Because that article was poorly written. It says more detail would be given later today. Which it is. Later today, I mean.

Anyhow, that's a hell of a long trip to just fart around for a half an hour and head back.