Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Haunting in Georgia

NirmalaMaya

well i seen the haunting ga again today and i have changed my mind about what i think of the show it's really kind of cool to know that kind of things really do happen i have done a huge amount of research on the wyrick family and all dat and found a web site that let me send an actuall email to the wyrick family so i will up date yous if i get an email from the family

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IdahoGhostHunter

• shady_freak99

• Angelblue

• hauntedgirl

I agree hauntings are demonic activity. If anyone out there has a problem with sinister apparitions, repeat outloud the name JESUS when the hauntings appear. I've done research, and people can't hypnotize others if the name of Jesus is whispered, even so low like a subliminal suggestion. (You know, the sound is there, but you don't consciously hear it.) Also, when feeling threatened or in danger, plead the blood of Jesus. As a teen, I ran into a Ted Bundy type for real. Out of desperation, I quietly prayed over and over: "I plead the blood of Jesus!" Amazingly, I lived to tell you and others about it. Dr. Lester Sumrall wrote a book explaining the dangers of being hypnotized, opening yourself up to being taken over by evil apparitions or demons, which the hypnotist can't protect you from.

528816[/snapback]

I have read 4 books by Dr. Lester Sumrall about demonic activity. :devil: I think that the entities that Heidi sees are actually familiar spirits. :w00t: Familiar Spirits are spirits that are familiar with certain families or family lines and can mimic people and know their habits. :blink: They can appear to be a certain person and even have the same mannerisms, etc. I was just fascinated by this story, and the family seemed so sweet and innocent. :innocent: Yes, I agree that the family should continue to rebuke the spirits in the name of Jesus and plead the blood of Jesus, etc. I think that Heidi is more in tune to the spirit realm than most people. I pray for the family and for God's protection over them. :innocent: Just my opinion. :innocent::innocent::innocent:

I also agree these are definately familiar spirits. If they keep praying and do not intertain them they will go away. Also I was curious why the pastor of the church did not anoint there house (Something we do in my religion to get rid of devils) I do believe it would help to pray for the family, but it seems that did not get alot of spiritual conseling concerning keeping demons away... Also did anyone find out what religion the family was? I too am Pentecostal and am curious as to what denomination they belong to or if they were non denominational maybe?

Edited by hippiegirl

welll hippiegirl i just moved in a new house, found out last night the house is haunted and religous spirituall suggestons to make the creepy laughs and whisper screams that come from my kitchen can you help me make theme stop it is worring me do you think i'd be able to have an exorcism done on the house?

The music featured in "A Haunting In Georgia" during the ending monologue is called "La Malaguena" for those interested.

oh thats what its called i love that song i did some things and down loaded it on my ipod

hey ! post the results!!

well i also seen the show and loved it but i just wish they would have given more explanation of the 'dark figure' other than that the show was awsome i can't image being a medium heidi wasn't happy about all the attention

:P I did find that the Wyricks still live in the same place in Ellerslie, GA and the man's name that pushed the swing was James Gordy. I will now see if I can find the :P grave and the house where these people live. Radgal :D

i also found out the wyricks still live in that house but luckly there hasn't been a lot of bad things happen

I'd have to quit my job just so I could stay home and watch it all day!

uh i would fail school i love the paranormal it's weird but i like it

I don't know why you're all taking the therror's words. I can tell you he's (or she?) lying between his (her?) teeth. The piano music piece which Heidi plays at the end is NOT some "Mr. Gordy opus.666." When I first saw the title I just laughed and chuckled at the fact that some people on this board would believe what this person is saying. I mean, come on opus 666? Isn't it too much of a coincidence?

Anyway, for everyone out there who wish to know the name of the piano music: it comes from Festive Fantasies by Jean Martin. The actual name of the piece is called "Festival of Seville"

Cheers and Happy Holidays from Canada!

Jen :P

That show scared the crap out of me

There is also a Haunting in Connecticut, also on Discovery - and it really freaked me out. In Connecticut the family moved into a former furneral home, they had a son with cancer and moved to accommodate his medical needs. Verry spooky.

dide'nt see that one.

don't know if anybody is that intersted but i did some research and some small math and found out that Heidi from haunting GA is currently 21 years old omg and also found out that her and her mom still have things happen to them but it isn't as bad as it was also found out that Heidi's lil sister Jordan is a phyisical medium as well

ps: i'm sooo confused i have heard a billion titles for the song that heidi plays at the end of the hauning GA show does anyone know where i can find the music notes for the song i am taking piano lessons and would really like to learn how to play it...thanx

Hi i had to sign up for this forum, since i went to school with heidi, until her mom pulled her out because of there krazy religion, no offence to anybody. Yes that story is completly real. she would come to school talking about it and all that kind of stuff. i only live 10 minutes from her house, i remember going over there and seeing her swinging, at the time i lived closer and my family and I went to introduce ourselves, i personally didn't see or feel anything back then, but of course not everybody is able to. I always though heidi was an interesting person, unfortunatly her mother is not, in fact she might even be insane. I say that because she assumed that any of the 'ghost' in there house were Evil demons. everything to that woman is an evil demon now from what i hear. they still live there and her sister has the same... ability has heidi.

It is really bulls*** because all the kids in school picked on her. you should pick on somebody for that, its a natural part of her life, just like being tall! its not like i can make myself stop being talk anymore that heidi can make herself not see "ghost"

They have showed this one show so many time's, I can almost tell you word for word how it went..I really believe the daughter had the power of site.. Its not that hard to understand if you have ever seen or felt a spirit you know more what i mean...

GOOD EVENING ALL .I WOULD LIKE TO CLEAR UP THIS MESS ABOUT HEIDI AND THE SONG SHE PLAYS ON THE PIANO . IT IS TITLED"THE HALL OF THE GORDY KING OPUS 69 666"THANK YOU , AND HAVE A GREAT DAY.ALSO IT IS SOMETIMES CALLED "FESTIVAL OF SEVILLE DEVILLE CONCERTO"WELL TIME IS MONEY HAVE A GREAT DAY.

Hey MasterBeowulf,

I understand you can't fathom the fact that every spirit to Heidi's mom is an evil spirit, and that shes in a "Krazy Religion" But the fact of the matter is, there are millions of people that believe the same way she does. In my opinion shes not crazy, but she realizes and knows what she believes and sees these spirits for what she believes they are. Shes the one that has gone through this trauma and horror for years. Christians believe that any spirit that makes itself like or in the image of another person who is dead and gone are "familiar" spirits. (or demons that disguise themselves as passed relatives, friends, etc...)

This family who I'm praying for as are many others - have gone through hell with this. The mother knows she can't just leave it alone and let time go by while this poor girl (young lady now) deal with this and don't have peace. Tell me, how can a spirit of a person come back and scratch and harm an innocent little child? Is this not evil? Do you believe that there are good ghosts and bad ones? Why would the good ones interfere with a young girl's life? Then they aren't good, they are hurting her. Just some things to think about.

p.s. What is so close minded and "krazy" about some believing that these spirits are demons? Demons aren't these big ogres walking around in the spiritual realm looking like grotesque monstes, but they can look as innocent as they want. It's called deception...

• 3 weeks later...

I also went to school in Harris County with Heidi Wyrick, and would have graduated with her if her mom hadn't pulled her out because she was being harassed so much. Heidi and I weren't close friends, but we did talk quite a bit when we went to school together and I have to agree that this story is totally true. Heidi is completely incapable of telling a lie like that. She is one of the sweetest people i've ever known. She was very shy and introverted so i know that she wasn't just looking for her fifteen minutes of fame. she never even talked about what happened to her until after the show aired and people started asking her questions.

:o i have seen A Haunting in Georgia, and A Haunting in Conneticut a couple of times. they were both very scary. i would be petrified if anything like that happened to me. It must have been a terrible time for both of the families involved, especially if they are still getting touble with spirits now. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

If anybody knows where I could get a copy of this, then that would be great, as I've tried Ebay and Amazon etc, and it doesn't seem to be out there. I have seen it once on Reality TV, but I would like to see it again.

EDIT: I've just checked, and by a bizarre twist of fate, this is actually on Discovery tonight at midnight, it's weird when things like that happen. :D

Edited by Spark

• 2 weeks later...

I was recently in one of the new "A Hauntings" and the director also directed A Haunting in Georgia. He said they stayed with the family for like two weeks. These stories are real. They make sure they have evidence to back it up and everything and they go really far to try and make it accurate.

• 3 weeks later...

I know Mrs Kelly, the lady who sold her house to Lisa Wyrick's sister. My brother went to school with Lisa and I think he said he has hunted with Andy. When I was 18 or 19 back in 82 or 83 I actually lived with the Kelly family for a while in the doublewide trailer where Heidi saw the dark figure on the porch. It kinda freaked me out because I used to sleep on the couch there near the front door and I had a nightmare about it after watching the show! I do remember talk of a haunted house somewhere in the neighborhood back then, but not sure which house it was. I think that old swing was in the yard then, but I never saw Mr. Gordy. There were some railroad tracks behind the backyard then, but I think they are gone now. Back then, there was an old house sitting in front of the doublewide, but obviously it has been torn down. Before you could barely see the doublewide from the street. If I remember right, a newspaperman delivery man lived in the house now occupied by the Wyricks. I am trying to remeber his name. He had a son named Kenny. Maybe it is goodpasture or goodpasteur or something like that. Anyway, that's my two cents worth!

wow cool can u do me the biggest favor ever i have been doing alot of research on the wyricks and i would love to contact them through email or something if you have that info can u please email it to me if you r given permission to email to lilem1236@sbcglobal.net thanx

Wyrick Pictures of House on this Website (Halfway down the page)

Sunday, July 31, 2005

I just saw the show called "A Haunting in Georgia". I did a little research on it and wonder if the family is still living in the house featured on the show. If it's true, the couple must still live on Swint Loop in Ellerslie, GA close to town. The 2 hour show was scary enough. :unsure2:

yep i have been doing reaserch they still live there

• 1 month later...

James Scarbrough Gordy is buried in Parkhill Cemetery in Columbus Georgia. They showed his tombstone on TV, on "A Haunting in Georgia." I have made a screen capture of it which I am uploading to this page. If you want to find this grave, first you must find the cemetery. That info should be online somewhere. Next, to find the grave, go a few rows in from the street, to the right of an old rusty square fence and it should be right there. I haven't been there. I just figured this out from what I've read and what I've seen on TV.

They run the show quite often. I suggest if you want to see it, go to discovery.com and run a search for it.

[attachmentid=24630]

post-32566-1144373028.jpg

• 2 months later...

James Scarbrough Gordy is buried in Parkhill Cemetery in Columbus Georgia. They showed his tombstone on TV, on "A Haunting in Georgia." I have made a screen capture of it which I am uploading to this page. If you want to find this grave, first you must find the cemetery. That info should be online somewhere. Next, to find the grave, go a few rows in from the street, to the right of an old rusty square fence and it should be right there. I haven't been there. I just figured this out from what I've read and what I've seen on TV.

They run the show quite often. I suggest if you want to see it, go to discovery.com and run a search for it.

[attachmentid=24630]

Parkhill Cemetery is located on Macon Rd. otherwise known as U.S. 80. It's not hard to locate at all. A friend of mine is a neighbor of the Wyricks. He told me that Mr. Gordy's grave is in an old, almost abandoned cemetery on Mt. Hill Rd. in Harris county. It is behind the county EMS station on that road. I can't confirm that. But I will look sometime to see if I can locate the grave. I have seen the cemetery firsthand, so if it's marked, I should be able to findit.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I was wondering if anybody on here who has A Haunting in Georgia on tpae could make me a copy and sell it to me. And if so how much are you asking? I use to have it on tape but it got tapped over by accident.

"Come Get Some!" Duke Nukeum

Hi I was wondering if anybody on here who has A Haunting in Georgia on tpae could make me a copy and sell it to me. And if so how much are you asking? I use to have it on tape but it got tapped over by accident.

"Come Get Some!" Duke Nukeum

Actually disregard. Just found out that A Haunting In Georgia is gonna be on next month on DSC. It will be on again on July 14 2006 at 12:00PM so any of you who want to tape it like me mark it on your calender. I did that and I also preset and put a blank tape in already so there is no chance of me missing it. Heres a link if you want to know for sure that I am right about this: http://dsc.discovery.com/tvlistings/episod...amp;channel=DSC

"It's Time To Kick Ass And Chew Bubble Gum!" Duke Nukeum

Actually disregard. Just found out that A Haunting In Georgia is gonna be on next month on DSC.

It comes on like every 5 minutes. It will be on again. :tu:

Parkhill Cemetery is located on Macon Rd. otherwise known as U.S. 80. It's not hard to locate at all. A friend of mine is a neighbor of the Wyricks. He told me that Mr. Gordy's grave is in an old, almost abandoned cemetery on Mt. Hill Rd. in Harris county. It is behind the county EMS station on that road. I can't confirm that. But I will look sometime to see if I can locate the grave. I have seen the cemetery firsthand, so if it's marked, I should be able to findit.

Come to find out, that tombstone is a FRAUD! A person from findagrave.com said she looked at that cemetery that was on the show, and there is no Mr. Gordy there. The show must have created a prop because he is actually in a crypt, not buried under ground. And that cemetery they visit on the show in A Haunting in Georgia isn't even the real Parkhill. He is buried in Parkhill, in the Chapel of the Pines Mausoleum. It is on the outer front of the building, 2nd level, space 115. I believe the crypt is to the back of the cemetery. If you want to see a picture of his REAL grave, visit this link. Someone found his real grave and posted it. Now you should be able to find him really easily.

• 1 month later...

well i just wanna say haunting in georgia was soooooo stupid i mean come on it was about a freaking hillbilly person that seen a ''spirit'' as she called it named 'mr.gordy' and the ''dark'' figure omg stupid

shady_freak99, I don't think it is very nice of you to call Heidi a hillbilly. After all, your use of the English language in all your posts is the worst "I ever seen" in my entire life. It seems like the title would be more fitting for you.

Edited by tombstoner