Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Haunting in Georgia

NirmalaMaya

:alien: Hi everyone. I am the one that tombstoner mentioned who has been to Mr. Gordy's grave. He is in the moseleum in the very back of the cemetery. When you go into the entrance of Parkhill Cemetery, just go straight to the very back to the big moseleum that sits on the hill. He and his wife are to the left of the entrance. I posted the photos on www.findagrave.com. The cemetery they used in Ellerslie is near GA Hwy 315 but I believe they used that cemetery with a phony headstone for the privacy of Mr. Gordy and also it was close to Heidi's home. Also, my oldest daughter graduated with Heidi in 2004. They went through elementary, middle school and high school together. Even though they were not friends as far as hanging out, they knew each other. Heidi is a very sweet person and her family is very friendly and will speak to anyone. They have sold the house within the last year or so and Heidi is now married. I see her and her mother sometimes and we will talk but I don't bring up the subject of the hauntings because they just want to live everyday without the publicity. They are very good people.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IdahoGhostHunter

• shady_freak99

• Angelblue

• Hans Dolbrook

I have to say that I am very surprised to see so many posts about this show. I am really glad that some of you enjoyed it. I too was on the "film crew". It was actually shot on video but New Dominion hired actual film personel from Atlanta. We worked very hard on tiny budget with a tiny crew.

I was on the film crew that filmed Haunting in GA. We spent three weeks with the family. The Wyricks are very nice and normal people. The daughter that experienced the most of the "ghosts" is for real and did not really like all the TV exposure. It was very real. That experience made a believer out of me.

I can vouch for what sandmanva said. These people were very nice and completely honest. I have no doubt whatsoever that something happened to them. I have no clue what it was but they told the story as they saw it. Heidi was a particularly sweet young lady and I just can't see her being capable of telling a lie like that. The entire Wyrick family were just genuinely concerned about the things that were happening. They were not comfortable with us being there from what I could tell but they were very kind hosts and made us all feel welcome. It's pretty hard to be nice to a film crew coming in and invading your home and your life......lol

sandmanva, what position were you working? I know we know each other, so without posting actual names maybe we can figure it out if you ever check this site again. I was Mr. Haycox assistant. I came in after a previous person could not finish the shoot for whatever reason. I worked a little over a week and a half on it.

I just found this site tonight. I was thinking about this show so I did a search just to see what I might find. It really made me feel good that some of you liked the show. Trust me, there was no "big Hollywood production" going on here. It was just a small crew of hard working film employees and a very nice family telling a story as best we could.

Now that I have found this extrememly interesting site I will certainly be reading more of the topics.

• 4 months later...

I saw both Haunting in Georgia, and in Connecticut. I've seen many other "Hauntings" on Discovery. The scariest were the Connecticut and Georgia, IMO.

The weird thing to me was that in the Georgia case, the actual people played themselves in the "documentary." To those, if you are still reading this thread, who claim to have been part of the camera crew, is it NOT normal for the actual people to portray themselves?

This surely smacks of conflict of interest, and might make the case less believable.

Having said that, the family and Heidi seem to be totally believable and truthful. I hope she is doing well, and hope the same for her family.

If anybody knows an email for these people, I'd like to send them an email as I am a paranormal investigator for the past 27 years.

Thanks

Edited by savvy1

I saw both Haunting in Georgia, and in Connecticut. I've seen many other "Hauntings" on Discovery. The scariest were the Connecticut and Georgia, IMO.
that evil entity with the black eyes and the beard were the scariest part of the Connecticut haunting not to mention the boys bedroom in the basement with the opaque windows the boys would watch shadows drift past all night....oh did I mention the house was an old funeral parlor? and the embalming table was STILL in the basement as well as the boys bedroom......B

halfhandshuffle:ministry-jbmh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RBKTo5K14M

Edited by Barek Halfhand

*******For people wanting additional info.

So, I am a paranormal nerd and know that this same story was on Unsolved mysteries ghost edition (you can get it on DVD). The segment was good on btoh

• 3 weeks later...
:P I did find that the Wyricks still live in the same place in Ellerslie, GA and the man's name that pushed the swing was James Gordy. I will now see if I can find the :P grave and the house where these people live. Radgal :D

Birth: Jun. 19, 1888

Death: Sep. 25, 1974

James Scarbrough Gordy, 86, of 1529 Hilton Ave. died Wednesday at St. Francis Hospital. A local real estate broker for 60 years, he was a former city commissioner.

Funeral service will be Friday at 2 p.m. at Striffler-Hamby Macon Road Chapel with burial in Parkhill Cemetery.

Mr. Gordy was born June 19, 1888, in Cusseta, Ga., son of the late Dr. Francis Marion and Mrs. Mary Lane (Lowe) Gordy. He married Frances Josephine DeLoach on November 18, 1914.

He was an active member of St. Luke Methodist Church. He had served as Sunday school superintendent and a member of the official board of the Methodist Church in Ellerslie, Ga. For many years he was a member of the Columbus Chamber of Commerce and the Mt. Vernon Masonic Lodge.

Survivors include his wife, Mrs. Frances Gordy, Columbus; a son, Col. (ret.) Stephen Gordy, Fairfax, Va.; two daughters, Mrs. Henry McMurria, Bradenton, Fla., and Mrs. James C. Wroton, Hamlet, N.C.; a brother, Marion Gordy, Philadelphia, Pa.; seven grandchildren and one great grandchildren.

The family suggests contributions to a favorite charity in lieu of flowers.

Burial:

Parkhill Cemetery

Columbus

Muscogee County

Georgia, USA

Plot: Chapel of the Pines Mausoleum; outer front; 2nd level, space 115

linked-image

linked-image

The weird thing to me was that in the Georgia case, the actual people played themselves in the "documentary." To those, if you are still reading this thread, who claim to have been part of the camera crew, is it NOT normal for the actual people to portray themselves?

This surely smacks of conflict of interest, and might make the case less believable.

Having said that, the family and Heidi seem to be totally believable and truthful. I hope she is doing well, and hope the same for her family.

If anybody knows an email for these people, I'd like to send them an email as I am a paranormal investigator for the past 27 years.

Thanks

Ok A Haunting in Georgia and now a book is out that goes more into the haunting of the Wyrick family. It was so good I had to read it twice. Take this link and order your copy ; http://www.theveilbook.net/index.html the price is $15.95.

Tonight a friend and I watched a show on the discovery channel called "A Haunting In Georiga."

It was about a small GA family where the mother and daughter had natural powers as mediums (they were previously unaware of this power though) and had been experiencing "demonic" activity in their home for quite some time.

They hired multiple psychics and parapsychologists but nothing seemed to help so they sought help from a religious facility.

Did anyone else see this? Or does anyone have any information on the hauntings and the family?

Thanks.

Read the book, and you will be shocked. Ok A Haunting in Georgia and now a book is out that goes more into the haunting of the Wyrick family. It was so good I had to read it twice. Take this link and order your copy ; http://www.theveilbook.net/index.html the price is $15.95.

Hi I was wondering if anybody on here who has A Haunting in Georgia on tpae could make me a copy and sell it to me. And if so how much are you asking? I use to have it on tape but it got tapped over by accident.

"Come Get Some!" Duke Nukeum

Ok A Haunting in Georgia and now a book is out that goes more into the haunting of the Wyrick family. It was so good I had to read it twice. Take this link and order your copy ; http://www.theveilbook.net/index.html the price is $15.95. Read the book and you will be shocked. I also know that tune being played at the end of the show which is "FESTIVAL OF SEVILLE"

• 4 months later...

Thanks

Savvy,

I just checked this thread because I saw the show on Discovery again today. If you want to talk to me just post an email address and I will get back to you.

Thanks

There are several movies where the actual people play themselves, such a Hell House. It is suggested by certain producers to hide their identity for obvious reasons. Who wants the media hounding them for the rest of their lives? JN

Just to let you know UK viewers that A Haunting in Georgia is on tonight at 10pm on Reality TV.

Every night at the moment A Haunting is also on at 11pm on Discovery Civilisation and then another one is on Discovery Science at 12 midnight. That's 3 different A Haunting on different cable channels back to back! It's also followed by Ghost Hunters the 90's British programme at 2am on Discovery Science.

Edited by Regency

• 1 month later...

Hi,

For those seeking more information on James Gordy, featured on the Discovery Channel for haunting or "watching" over a little girl named Heidi, he is buried in:

Burial:

Parkhill Cemetery

Columbus

Muscogee County

Georgia, USA

Plot: Chapel of the Pines Mausoleum; outer front; 2nd level, space 115.

This was an amazing story and the little girl, Heidi, now a teenager continues to see and feel ghosts, although she does not see "Mr. Gordy", any longer.

Feel free to email me as I was assigned to this case as a photographer, LakeDesign2007@aol.com

• 4 weeks later...

Savvy,

I just checked this thread because I saw the show on Discovery again today. If you want to talk to me just post an email address and I will get back to you.

Ya'll been talking bout the hauntings in Connecticut and Georgia. I have read the book bout the one in Connecticut back in the 90's however this is the first I've heard bout the haunting in Georgia. I would love to be able to find the movies to both.

My 100th post!! But I stay in Georgia and i've never heard this haunting.. I'm goign to search it to learn more about it. I Watch the Hauting everytime I get a chance.

• 1 month later...
My 100th post!! But I stay in Georgia and i've never heard this haunting.. I'm goign to search it to learn more about it. I Watch the Hauting everytime I get a chance.

First post.

I'm watching the program now. I currently live in AZ, but grew up in Columbus. I'd never heard of this case. I wasn't paying much attention until I heard the lady who sold the house to the sister mention Waverly Hall.

Does Heidi's family still reside in the area? Anyone know where in Waverly Hall the house is?

TIA

ETA....sorry yall. Was just able to read back, and my questions have been answered. I do need to find the book. Also wanted to say, when I watched the show it was very obvious that the cemetary was not Parkhill. No iron fences at Parkhill, and very few above ground grave markers......most are flush with the lawn. My Mom and Grandmother, as well as many other family members/friends are buried there.....if familiar with it, near the "Last Supper". Mom's service was also at Striffler-Hamby next door on Macon Rd. Grandmother's was actually in one of the mausoleums....most likely the one Mr. & Mrs. Gordy were layed to rest in.

Edited by Mayasmimi

• 3 weeks later...

I really liked this show. I like the Haunting Shows on the Discovery Channel, but this one is my favorite. This family was also on Unsolved Mysteries. It was the actual family, the mom, and Heidi was just a little girl. The mom talked about how Heidi was seeing Mr. Gordy, etc. Sweet family!

• 2 weeks later...
I really liked this show. I like the Haunting Shows on the Discovery Channel, but this one is my favorite. This family was also on Unsolved Mysteries. It was the actual family, the mom, and Heidi was just a little girl. The mom talked about how Heidi was seeing Mr. Gordy, etc. Sweet family!

Yes, I can confirm that as I just watched that very episode of "Unsolved Mysteries" two nights ago! I like the "The Haunting" shows too, as they use the original people to back up the story.

• 3 months later...

I'm watching the show right now - "A Haunting In Georgia" and yes, the fellows name was "James Gordy" - they interviewed her for the show and she's a teenager now. I found this thread because I was trying to dig up some more info; but haven't really found much yet; if I find anything of interest I'll come back and post. I agree it's interesting.

as popular as this episode was,it looks like THDC would do a follow up show on the family that was featured does'nt it?????

they p*** away money making that stupid show mythbusters do'nt they???

• 1 month later...

I saw the show. as you know, his name was james gordy. I am related to him closely. my name is Ryan Gordy. I was freaked out how closely he resembled my great-grandfather before i even knew his name. I asked my family If we had any relatives anywhere besides Delaware, which is where I live. They said we had family down in Georgia! I'm currently trying to figure out how I'm related to him. just thought it would be interesting for people to know.