Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Haunting in Georgia

NirmalaMaya

Well, A Haunting in Georgia was good...but its not the creepiest "A Haunting In..." I've ever come across. By far the scariest was A Haunting in Connecticut. In that demons tried to kill the family members and they succeded in sending a teenager to a mental institution since his family didn't believe him when he said he was being haunted by demons. disgust.gif Parents these days I tell ya. Now, I may be a hardcore skeptic but this was one story I most certainly believed. (Not to say that I failed to mention that the house the family lived in was a former mortuary...with the eqipment still in the basement...) mellow.gif

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IdahoGhostHunter

• shady_freak99

• Angelblue

• cattail67

People and investigators alike, need to know the difference between a Spirit and a Demon. Two entirely different beings altogether.

Hi all! I also saw the program on the Discovery channel. I was truly fascinated by it. I have also been searching for the book "In a dark place". It is the family that was on the Discovery program. They changed their name to Parker on the show. It is actually Snedeker. If anyone has a copy of the book that they would like to sell, please e-mail me. I am very interested!

Thanks a Million! rolleyes.gif

345796[/snapback]

Hi. I checked my local library (san diego, ca) for a copy of this book and it's checked out/overdue. But perhaps your library system might have a copy available.

For those of you who haven't seen the "Conneticut" one, it's actually been airing on TLC recently, too. (In case you can't find it on Discovery.)

I thought both of them were great. I was wondering, tho, if it wasn't just a movie made to look like a real documentary. I was glad to find out in this thread that there is credibility to the stories. Thanks!

I've seen "A Haunting in Georgia" and "A Haunting in Conneticut". Really interesting. thumbsup.gif

i live in connecticut and have seen the house, still creepy looking

I've seen the Georgia one a few times, and it's on TLC right now. I love the ending music that the girl plays on the piano, but I don't know what song it is. Anybody know? They need to make one on New Jersey, which is the weirdest state in the US.

Yes I saw this program 2 or 3 times. I do admit hauntings or in reality are nothing but demonic activity. I know this is not a popular view and alot of people dismiss that demons are real for whatever reason. These evil beings have been around since the earth was created,they know about past people, their looks, personality, and personal things. They often will first disguise their true purpose by appearing as a person who died and seem to be good. But if they are truly recognized for who they really are their true evil nature will soon be evident. There are many, many reasons why demons haunt houses,things and people. I don't have space to go into this. I realize my view of this is unpopular and dismissed by most people. Evil spirits exist and it would be wise not to totally say they don't exist. If demons can get someone to believe that they don't exist then they will have more freedom to do their evil bidding.

Edited by rici7

i believe that for every good there is a bad

Yes I saw this program 2 or 3 times.  I do admit hauntings or in reality are nothing but demonic activity. I know this is not a popular view and alot of people dismiss that demons are real for whatever reason. These evil beings have been around since the earth was created,they know about past people, their looks, personality, and personal things. They often will first disguise their true purpose by appearing as a person who died and seem to be good. But if they are truly recognized for who they really are their true evil nature will soon be evident. There are many, many reasons why demons haunt houses,things and  people. I don't have space to go into this. I realize my view of this is unpopular and dismissed by most people. Evil spirits exist and it would be wise not to totally say they don't exist. If demons can get someone to believe that they don't exist then they will have more freedom to do their evil bidding.

433580[/snapback]

I totally agreed with you, Rici7 original.gif

From Chattanooga Cool ,I live near Chattanooga ,Read listing from me,rici7 explains quite well the real reasons behind the hauntings see ya

Edited by rici7

From Chattanooga Cool ,I live near Chattanooga ,Read listing from me,rici7    explains quite well the real reasons behind the hauntings see ya

434981[/snapback]

Wait, what? Who's from Chattanooga? I mean, I am myself, but wondering who else is too...

Oh, and I've already said my piece on both the hauntings in Georgia and in Conneticut, so need to repeat. original.gif

• 1 month later...

I just watched "A Haunting in Georgia" last night and found it really interesting. I have a feeling I've heard about this somewhere else before...maybe Unsolved Mysteries? Anyway, I read a post on here earlier about the song that the girl, Heidi, played on the piano at the end and through the credits. I've heard this somewhere before too and just have no idea what it is! It's killing me! Hopefully someone out there knows the name of this song!

On the subject of the book about this family that's now out of print. You might want to try ebay. I've found many out of print books there that I couldn't find anywhere! original.gif

yes, it was on unsolved mysteries--i believe the episode was called "gordy"...unsolved mysteries has a boxed set out now about ghosts, and its included in that.original.gif

Amazon has the out of print book if you are willing to pay the price for it thumbsup.gif

I love the ending music that the girl plays on the piano, but I don't know what song it is. Anybody know?
433530[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure that the ending piano music, played by the girl in "A Haunting in Georgia" is Frederick Chopin's - Nocturne in G Minor, Op 37, No 1.

I've found an EXCELLENT quality, free, and very small MIDI file of this music at: www.kunstderfuge.com/chopin.htm

Enjoy!

EDIT: I stand corrected. The ending piano music, played by the girl in "A Haunting in Georgia" is **NOT** Frederick Chopin's - Nocturne in G Minor, Op 37, No 1. My apologies for the misquote.

I grew up in Cataula, Georgia and ellerslie ,GA. I have the story taped on a videotape... About Mr Cord... Some of my family is buried at Park Hill cemetery, please if anyone finds out if Mr. Cord is buried there i would like to now , thank you......my e-mail is lovemyyounguns@aol.com

[EDIT:saxon please don't post in all caps]

Edited by Tommy

• 2 weeks later...

Just so everyone knows, Ray Garton, the author of "In a Dark Place" (aka "A Haunting in Connecticut") was interviewed in the late 90's and more or less said that the haunting was likely a hoax. Apparently, the family could not keep their story straight. Drug and/or alcohol abuse with one or more members of the household was present.

When the author of the book went to the Warrens about the problems with the family in regard to their "story", Mr. Warren told Ray Garton that the family was "crazy" and then said "All the people who come to us are crazy. You think *sane* people would come to us?" He told Ray to just make the story up taking whatever details he could use.

These TLC and Discovery Channel "specials" to me come across more like 1/2 truth sensationalist garbage than a true documentation of a supernatural event(s).

I have not done any research about the Wylick's (sp?) haunting, but I bet that there is a serious amount of "imagination" involved in that case as well.

Link

Edited by elixir

I know Mrs Kelly, the lady who sold her house to Lisa Wyrick's sister. My brother went to school with Lisa and I think he said he has hunted with Andy. When I was 18 or 19 back in 82 or 83 I actually lived with the Kelly family for a while in the doublewide trailer where Heidi saw the dark figure on the porch. It kinda freaked me out because I used to sleep on the couch there near the front door and I had a nightmare about it after watching the show! I do remember talk of a haunted house somewhere in the neighborhood back then, but not sure which house it was. I think that old swing was in the yard then, but I never saw Mr. Gordy. There were some railroad tracks behind the backyard then, but I think they are gone now. Back then, there was an old house sitting in front of the doublewide, but obviously it has been torn down. Before you could barely see the doublewide from the street. If I remember right, a newspaperman delivery man lived in the house now occupied by the Wyricks. I am trying to remeber his name. He had a son named Kenny. Maybe it is goodpasture or goodpasteur or something like that. Anyway, that's my two cents worth!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm pretty sure that the ending piano music, played by the girl in "A Haunting in Georgia" is Frederick Chopin's - Nocturne in G Minor, Op 37, No 1.

I've found an EXCELLENT quality, free, and very small MIDI file of this music at:  www.kunstderfuge.com/chopin.htm

Enjoy!

480384[/snapback]

ModelCitizen, i dont think that the Frederick Chopin's - Nocturne in G Minor, Op 37, No 1 is it, i really don't know who composed it, but its definitely a very good piano music, if anyone else know who composed it, pleas let s know

Yes I saw this program 2 or 3 times.  I do admit hauntings or in reality are nothing but demonic activity. I know this is not a popular view and alot of people dismiss that demons are real for whatever reason. These evil beings have been around since the earth was created,they know about past people, their looks, personality, and personal things. They often will first disguise their true purpose by appearing as a person who died and seem to be good. But if they are truly recognized for who they really are their true evil nature will soon be evident. There are many, many reasons why demons haunt houses,things and  people. I don't have space to go into this. I realize my view of this is unpopular and dismissed by most people. Evil spirits exist and it would be wise not to totally say they don't exist. If demons can get someone to believe that they don't exist then they will have more freedom to do their evil bidding.

433580[/snapback]

I agree hauntings are demonic activity. If anyone out there has a problem with sinister apparitions, repeat outloud the name JESUS when the hauntings appear. I've done research, and people can't hypnotize others if the name of Jesus is whispered, even so low like a subliminal suggestion. (You know, the sound is there, but you don't consciously hear it.) Also, when feeling threatened or in danger, plead the blood of Jesus. As a teen, I ran into a Ted Bundy type for real. Out of desperation, I quietly prayed over and over: "I plead the blood of Jesus!" Amazingly, I lived to tell you and others about it. Dr. Lester Sumrall wrote a book explaining the dangers of being hypnotized, opening yourself up to being taken over by evil apparitions or demons, which the hypnotist can't protect you from.

That was a really good show.

Wait there were two i can't remember which one i liked

It was the one with the Psycic girls that one was good

I was on the film crew that filmed Haunting in GA. We spent three weeks with the family. The Wyricks are very nice and normal people. The daughter that experienced the most of the "ghosts" is for real and did not really like all the TV exposure. It was very real. That experience made a believer out of me.

i haven't seen a haunting in connecticut yet. but i hope to. if anyone knows when it will be on again or where i can find any information on this let me know.

also, becuase the book "In A Dark Place" has been discontinued, there are very few copies. however, if you live in or near southington, connecticut, you can check out the southington public library, there is one copy there, but you can not check it out. you will find it in the history section.

*i need some good websites about this haunting...i am trying to find out as much as i can about it...because southington, connecticut is my hometown and i live about 1 minute and a half away from this house!*

by the way: if you hear anything about there still being an old sign from the mortary on the lawn...there isn't.

• 2 weeks later...
Tonight a friend and I watched a show on the discovery channel called "A Haunting In Georiga."

It was about a small GA family where the mother and daughter had natural powers as mediums (they were previously unaware of this power though) and had been experiencing "demonic" activity in their home for quite some time.

They hired multiple psychics and parapsychologists but nothing seemed to help so they sought help from a religious facility.

Did anyone else see this? Or does anyone have any information on the hauntings and the family?

Thanks.

215407[/snapback]

I dont like you calling this family small;Gordy

• 1 month later...

Um, I am more than sure NirmalaMaya wasn't referring to the families height, age or creed when saying a "small" family. Maybe the fact that there were just three living in the house would be the reason why they were referred to as small. Wow, you have to calm down and get a life Wyrickfriend 99 !