Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Haunting in Georgia

NirmalaMaya

I've seen both of these. Haunting in Georgia and Haunting in Conneticutt. I would have to say that the second of the two really creeped me out. Haunting in Georgia , parts were actually very sweet. Mr. Gordy was actually watching over the little girl. I know it had the big dark shadow that was'nt exactly pleasent. But the Conneticutt one was wayyyyyyyyy creepy. I don't know that I would EVER want to reside in a funeral home, in use or not. No way no how!!!!!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IdahoGhostHunter

• shady_freak99

• Angelblue

• Hans Dolbrook

i would like to see the DC air an update on the family!are they still being haunted?

how has it effected the girls?do they still see mr gordy?they also did another one around the same time,about a haunting in connecticut.

I saw both episods this weekend on the Reality TV Channel, channel 188 on Sky. Very interesting programmes.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, I just saw this tonight and I am a Penecostal woman and I was wondering what was the church that was seen in the program? Was it in fact a Penecostal church as it appeared to me? If you have an answer for me e-mail it to me please.

silverlace7@excite.com

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe they are still showing this show on "haunting in CT"- it is my hometown- i wasw living there when this story "happened"- if it did happen it was over 10 years ago- and most people in my town couldn't care less about it now.. i happen to have relatives buried in that cemetary across the street- weird to see it on tv..

I can't believe they are still showing this show on "haunting in CT"- it is my hometown- i wasw living there when this story "happened"- if it did happen it was over 10 years ago- and most people in my town couldn't care less about it now.. i happen to have relatives buried in that cemetary across the street- weird to see it on tv..

718121[/snapback]

just notice that one on! lol

yep i seen that show it was on late at night as well i was freaked out lol

It was cool the first time be ever time they need a fill in show they replay it, i do not know if there really is a ghost there but it is the most realistic ghost story i have ever seen! yes.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Just so everyone knows, Ray Garton, the author of "In a Dark Place" (aka "A Haunting in Connecticut") was interviewed in the late 90's and more or less said that the haunting was likely a hoax.  Apparently, the family could not keep their story straight.  Drug and/or alcohol abuse with one or more members of the household was present.

When the author of the book went to the Warrens about the problems with the family in regard to their "story", Mr. Warren told Ray Garton that the family was "crazy" and then said "All the people who come to us are crazy.  You think *sane* people would come to us?"  He told Ray to just make the story up taking whatever details he could use.

These TLC and Discovery Channel "specials" to me come across more like 1/2 truth sensationalist garbage than a true documentation of a supernatural event(s).

I have not done any research about the Wylick's (sp?) haunting, but I bet that there is a serious amount of "imagination" involved in that case as well.

Link

496348[/snapback]

My son watched some of this movie (A Haunting in Georgia) and is now having trouble sleeping in his room. He is afraid that a man is going to strangle him and that a man is watching him. I read to him what you had posted on A Haunting in Ct. and that seemed to help him some. We will see tonight at bedtime. If your have researched A Haunting in Georgia and can give me some ammunition to calm my son, I would appreciate it. Thanks

i have been searching for that funeral home in southington and have yet to actually find it, after watching the show on tv and living only about 2 towns away it has become a subject of interest to me if any one knows where to find this house so i can atleast drive by it and look at it please let me know

i haven't seen a haunting in connecticut yet. but i hope to. if anyone knows when it will be on again or where i can find any information on this let me know.

also, becuase the book "In A Dark Place" has been discontinued, there are very few copies. however, if you live in or near southington, connecticut, you can check out the southington public library, there is one copy there, but you can not check it out. you will find it in the history section.

*i need some good websites about this haunting...i am trying to find out as much as i can about it...because southington, connecticut is my hometown and i live about 1 minute and a half away from this house!*

by the way: if you hear anything about there still being an old sign from the mortary on the lawn...there isn't.

543161[/snapback]

But, you do know that the entire "Haunting in Connecticut" was one big piece of fiction, correct?

If you don't believe me, read what the author of the book "In A Dark Place" had to say about it:

Go check out THIS link

Don't even bother with this case, unless if you're in the mood for reading some haunted fiction. And be very skeptical of anything that the Warren's are involved with.

Edited by elixir

• 2 weeks later...
Tonight a friend and I watched a show on the discovery channel called "A Haunting In Georiga."

It was about a small GA family where the mother and daughter had natural powers as mediums (they were previously unaware of this power though) and had been experiencing "demonic" activity in their home for quite some time.

They hired multiple psychics and parapsychologists but nothing seemed to help so they sought help from a religious facility.

Did anyone else see this? Or does anyone have any information on the hauntings and the family?

Thanks.

215407[/snapback]

Wyrick Pictures of House on this Website (Halfway down the page)

Sunday, July 31, 2005

I just saw the show called "A Haunting in Georgia". I did a little research on it and wonder if the family is still living in the house featured on the show. If it's true, the couple must still live on Swint Loop in Ellerslie, GA close to town. The 2 hour show was scary enough. unsure.gif

Edited by VAKim

The ending music that the girl plays on the piano is driving me nuts! I simply love it and can't figure out who the composer is. Please someone let us all know who wrote that beautiful piece of music.

You may find your answer HERE. Notice at the bottom of the page there is a listing about the piano music being discussed in the forum. You'll need to register (its free) in order to find out what they are saying, though.

MM

thx magikman for the reference but no one knows what the song is on that board. The music they suggested on that board wasn't it either. This itself has become a huge mystery!

I just watched it was pretty creeped out. Not the old man but the man in black. I liked it .

Yes I saw this program 2 or 3 times.  I do admit hauntings or in reality are nothing but demonic activity. I know this is not a popular view and alot of people dismiss that demons are real for whatever reason. These evil beings have been around since the earth was created,they know about past people, their looks, personality, and personal things. They often will first disguise their true purpose by appearing as a person who died and seem to be good. But if they are truly recognized for who they really are their true evil nature will soon be evident. There are many, many reasons why demons haunt houses,things and  people. I don't have space to go into this. I realize my view of this is unpopular and dismissed by most people. Evil spirits exist and it would be wise not to totally say they don't exist. If demons can get someone to believe that they don't exist then they will have more freedom to do their evil bidding.

433580[/snapback]

I agree hauntings are demonic activity. If anyone out there has a problem with sinister apparitions, repeat outloud the name JESUS when the hauntings appear. I've done research, and people can't hypnotize others if the name of Jesus is whispered, even so low like a subliminal suggestion. (You know, the sound is there, but you don't consciously hear it.) Also, when feeling threatened or in danger, plead the blood of Jesus. As a teen, I ran into a Ted Bundy type for real. Out of desperation, I quietly prayed over and over: "I plead the blood of Jesus!" Amazingly, I lived to tell you and others about it. Dr. Lester Sumrall wrote a book explaining the dangers of being hypnotized, opening yourself up to being taken over by evil apparitions or demons, which the hypnotist can't protect you from.

528816[/snapback]

I have read 4 books by Dr. Lester Sumrall about demonic activity. devil.gif I think that the entities that Heidi sees are actually familiar spirits. w00t.gif Familiar Spirits are spirits that are familiar with certain families or family lines and can mimic people and know their habits. blink.gif They can appear to be a certain person and even have the same mannerisms, etc. I was just fascinated by this story, and the family seemed so sweet and innocent. innocent.gif Yes, I agree that the family should continue to rebuke the spirits in the name of Jesus and plead the blood of Jesus, etc. I think that Heidi is more in tune to the spirit realm than most people. I pray for the family and for God's protection over them. innocent.gif Just my opinion. innocent.gifinnocent.gifinnocent.gif

There is also a segment about this on Unsolved Mysteries. It was when Heidi was a little girl. I was just fascinated by it. Very interesting. The same doctor was also on Unsolved Mysteries. I thought it was so interesting how Heidi saw Mr. Gordy and Con, and then there really was a Mr. Gordy and Lon, who hurt his hand or arm, etc. How unusual that she recognized their pictures! blink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.. look...

I saw the case of that family in Georgia (see on discovery channel)... look

My family are "mediun"... I'M sure that I can Help them...

please if anybody knows how contact them, tell me... I'm not Kidding...

MAT

• 1 month later...

:P I did find that the Wyricks still live in the same place in Ellerslie, GA and the man's name that pushed the swing was James Gordy. I will now see if I can find the :P grave and the house where these people live. Radgal :D

Hi,

I hope this might help your research. James Scarbrough Gordy( June 19, 1988 - September 25, 1974) last lived at 1529 Hilton Avenue in Columbus, GA, and died at St. Francis Hosptial. He was a retired city commissioner. I hope someonme can pursue this further - as a Pennsylvanian (we live about 75 minutes NW of Gettysburg), I'm too far away to be of much assistance.

But, you do know that the entire "Haunting in Connecticut" was one big piece of fiction, correct?

If you don't believe me, read what the author of the book "In A Dark Place" had to say about it:

Go check out THIS link

Don't even bother with this case, unless if you're in the mood for reading some haunted fiction. And be very skeptical of anything that the Warren's are involved with.

Elixir:

I could be wrong, but didn't JayAnson, the author of Amityville, say about the same thing after he wrote the book? I believe an email he wrote concerning that subject manner ended up getting posted on the internet somewhere. Ihave tried to find it, but have not been able to.

I am skeptical that with all this paranormal activity, there was not a second of actual footage shown with the movie. I also draw the line when demons start driving pickups. I guess it could happen, but it seems that Satan would be better at using people or animals. The family appeared to be disfunctional even without the demons. I did enjoy the movie though. It was well orchestrated and had interesting inhabitants. The black eyes were a good touch! Hope I didn't offend any familiars out there. :wub:

I am skeptical that with all this paranormal activity, there was not a second of actual footage shown with the movie. I also draw the line when demons start driving pickups. I guess it could happen, but it seems that Satan would be better at using people or animals. The family appeared to be disfunctional even without the demons. I did enjoy the movie though. It was well orchestrated and had interesting inhabitants. The black eyes were a good touch! Hope I didn't offend any familiars out there. :wub:

Dude trust me on this one, i'm from africa, when i was young, i did see things, and my parents did not believe me, but i badgered them so often that they finally took me to a catholic priest to be prayed for, i can't put a handle on when i stopped seeing things, b/c i was very young when this happened to me, for a while there, a big while, me and my mom would read psalm 91 every night as per the priest specifications, i did get over it, but these things do happen, trust me.

Now i never saw 'em drive trucks and stuff, but i did see things when i was younger, i hope it never happens to me ever