Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Haunting in Georgia

NirmalaMaya

I have seen this show a couple of times. I was never able to locate additional info on it. There is also a Haunting in Connecticut, also on Discovery - and it really freaked me out. In Connecticut the family moved into a former furneral home, they had a son with cancer and moved to accommodate his medical needs. Verry spooky.

The name of the main that watched over the little girl named Heidi was Mr. Gorty. and the other man with the blood stained shirt that appeared was named Lan.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IdahoGhostHunter

• shady_freak99

• Angelblue

• cattail67

Mr Gordy, that was the caretaker. I loved the show but i would like to knwo more. What happened with the family in the end? who was the dark guy?

Hi, I saw the show also and have forgotten the name of the man who had died that was watching over the little girl. I am trying to research this because I live in Columbus, GA and am close to Waverly Hall where this happened. I know the man lived on Hilton Ave in Columbus when he died. I was working in DC when I actually saw the show and when I got back home, my family had also seen it but could not remember the man's name. Can ya'll help? I want to find his grave. Thanks Radgal :P

hey ! post the results!!

Mr Gordy, that was the caretaker. I loved the show but i would like to knwo more. What happened with the family in the end? who was the dark guy?

some idea on who was the dark figure?

I was on the film crew that filmed Haunting in GA. We spent three weeks with the family. The Wyricks are very nice and normal people. The daughter that experienced the most of the "ghosts" is for real and did not really like all the TV exposure. It was very real. That experience made a believer out of me.

did they know that it was a funeral home fro the start?

creeeepy!

I've seen both of these. Haunting in Georgia and Haunting in Conneticutt. I would have to say that the second of the two really creeped me out. Haunting in Georgia , parts were actually very sweet. Mr. Gordy was actually watching over the little girl. I know it had the big dark shadow that was'nt exactly pleasent. But the Conneticutt one was wayyyyyyyyy creepy. I don't know that I would EVER want to reside in a funeral home, in use or not. No way no how!!!!!

it shoudl be because it was not an exorcism (catholic) they tried to bless the house? did it work? i have to see it again.

Hi, I just saw this tonight and I am a Penecostal woman and I was wondering what was the church that was seen in the program? Was it in fact a Penecostal church as it appeared to me? If you have an answer for me e-mail it to me please.

silverlace7@excite.com

gosh! your images are amazing!

It was cool the first time be ever time they need a fill in show they replay it, i do not know if there really is a ghost there but it is the most realistic ghost story i have ever seen! :yes:

yeah i liked it too... interesting!

I just watched it was pretty creeped out. Not the old man but the man in black. I liked it .

great! and please bring the results!!

Hi,

I hope this might help your research. James Scarbrough Gordy( June 19, 1988 - September 25, 1974) last lived at 1529 Hilton Avenue in Columbus, GA, and died at St. Francis Hosptial. He was a retired city commissioner. I hope someonme can pursue this further - as a Pennsylvanian (we live about 75 minutes NW of Gettysburg), I'm too far away to be of much assistance.

Hi everyone, I have just joined. I'm in Canada and I just saw the show, A Haunting in Georgia, for the first time. The show was very interesting and in my experience absolutely possible. I would like to help them to get rid of the spirits by helping them to clear them. If anyone knows any of the psychics who live near them, they could contact me through this forum and I could tell them how to take the spirits out of the house. I do this all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.. look...

I saw the case of that family in Georgia (see on discovery channel)... look

My family are "mediun"... I'M sure that I can Help them...

please if anybody knows how contact them, tell me... I'm not Kidding...

MAT

I just saw the show tonight. It was very close to something I experienced with a friend years ago. I helped him get over it since he was the person calling the entities to him. I would never say that it can't happen, since I've seen it myself and have helped people stop the occurences from happening as much. But the one thing I have never seen is someone else come in a home and stop things from happening unless the person it is happening to is taught how to keep it from happening.

aw! I saw that show and i can't find and information esle anywhere. Man that show was freaky as hell and i also saw this show called a haunting in Connecticut and dam that was freaking scary. :alien:

Tonight a friend and I watched a show on the discovery channel called "A Haunting In Georiga."

It was about a small GA family where the mother and daughter had natural powers as mediums (they were previously unaware of this power though) and had been experiencing "demonic" activity in their home for quite some time.

They hired multiple psychics and parapsychologists but nothing seemed to help so they sought help from a religious facility.

Did anyone else see this? Or does anyone have any information on the hauntings and the family?

Thanks.

I saw that show and the guy with the black eyes still scares the bejeesus out of me. That is the only ghost show that scared me and still scares me.

I just saw the show tonight. It was very close to something I experienced with a friend years ago. I helped him get over it since he was the person calling the entities to him. I would never say that it can't happen, since I've seen it myself and have helped people stop the occurences from happening as much. But the one thing I have never seen is someone else come in a home and stop things from happening unless the person it is happening to is taught how to keep it from happening.

There are ways to keep it from happening again. I have gone into homes and stopped these things .

Last night I've seen it first time and i really haunted about this topic. I'm really believing in

these happenings and if it had been happened to me, i guess i would've died by heart

attack. But in contrast, i never give up watching these shows, because they're too impressive... :alien:

I saw that show and the guy with the black eyes still scares the bejeesus out of me. That is the only ghost show that scared me and still scares me.

I have contacted New Dominion Pictures, which produced “A Haunting in Georgia,” in order to learn as much as possible about the story and whether copies are available for sale. I suspect it will take some time to receive any answers.

I just joined this group while searching for A HAUNTING IN GEORGIA information. I bought the book In a Dark Place on ebay several years ago. I'd originally placed a bid but was outbid @ $65+ but finally placed a winning bid for $45+. It is a good book & well worth the reading. I really like the photos I've found online about the Snedeker family - it brings the book & the HAUNTING IN CONNECTICUT segment into perspective.

Now, does anyone have any information about anything in print about Heidi Wyrick in A HAUNTING IN GEORGIA? I'd be interested in reading something about that. Has anyone heard anything in the years following the TLC & DISCOVERY channels airings of these stories? I'd like to see what has happened in the years following those events.

Thanks. <><n

It was a story on Unsolved Mysteries....it's included in their Ghosts boxed set that came out a few months ago.....

It was a story on Unsolved Mysteries....it's included in their Ghosts boxed set that came out a few months ago.....

Yeah, I have that set. Thanks <><n

I have a paperback copy of the book "In A Dark Place" written by Ed & Lorraine Warren and Carmen and AL Snedeker for sale. This was the book that "A Haunting in Connecticut" was based one. I am asking $125 because its rare and hard to find...if anyone is interested, please email me @ scooby96254@yahoo.com.

• 2 weeks later...

well i just wanna say haunting in georgia was soooooo stupid i mean come on it was about a freaking hillbilly person that seen a ''spirit'' as she called it named 'mr.gordy' and the ''dark'' figure omg stupid

Edited by shady_freak99

well i just wanna say haunting in georgia was soooooo stupid i mean come on it was about a freaking hillbilly person that seen a ''spirit'' as she called it named 'mr.gordy' and the ''dark'' figure omg stupid

well.....you're not a skeptic????

ummmm there not hillbillies for one thing :hmm: , also what is wrong with that name?

mr gordy was not a made up name, he was an actual person they did some research on him , maybe you should watch it again and actually listen to what they say .

well i just seen haunting in georgia it was sooo weird i likeed it soooo much that i had to record it the scariest parts were about mr.gordy i think it was bad that everyone made fun of that girl that seen mr. gordy and other 'spirits' but i have a question has anybody seen a show called a haunting hell house its about a family in conneticut well this medium lady lee was investioghting the house and she breaks the legs off of a chair i'm sorry but that was to funny the other haunting summer wind there was the lady at the end she sounded like a robot at the end she was like burned or not burned i will never go back as you might see i think these haunting shows are funny as hell if anybody has seen any of these feel free to email me at lilem1236@sbcglobal.net and tell me what you thought of these

well i just seen haunting in georgia it was sooo weird i likeed it soooo much that i had to record it the scariest parts were about mr.gordy i think it was bad that everyone made fun of that girl that seen mr. gordy and other 'spirits' but i have a question has anybody seen a show called a haunting hell house its about a family in conneticut well this medium lady lee was investioghting the house and she breaks the legs off of a chair i'm sorry but that was to funny the other haunting summer wind there was the lady at the end she sounded like a robot at the end she was like burned or not burned i will never go back as you might see i think these haunting shows are funny as hell if anybody has seen any of these feel free to email me at lilem1236@sbcglobal.net and tell me what you thought of these

okay, so first you said you thought it was soooooo stupid but now you say you likeed it soooo much?????????? what gives????????:huh:

well has anyone seen "A Haunting'' 'Hell House' it is about a family that lives in conneticut and there house is possesed it's a pretty weird show they have a phsycic medium investigate their house and when the mediun (Lee) is there she gets a demon reading i guess thats what happend and she did some weird things to all the people that have seen this show probably know what i am talking about at the end the family has a preste come in their house and do an exorsism on the house and the medium lee well just went crazy to all who have not seen it you got to see it i beleive it comes on December 23 at 11:00pm it's a great show i also want to say sorry to fawkes 2 for saying georgia people are hillbillies your right it doesn't matter where they live and if you live in the south anywhere sorry if i offended you :) i guess i was just being dumb cuz hey the truth is i'm straight from the south

OK THE MUSIC HEIDI PLAYS ON THE PIANO IS CALLED MR.GORDY OPUS 666 .

thanx i was wanting 2 know what that song was called 2 it's good

Man that would be great! I would be off the net more and be on the TV!! :P

i have heard many time they are going to make a chanell just for us people that love the paranormal and hauntings

I was on the film crew that filmed Haunting in GA. We spent three weeks with the family. The Wyricks are very nice and normal people. The daughter that experienced the most of the "ghosts" is for real and did not really like all the TV exposure. It was very real. That experience made a believer out of me.

well i some what dont believe u do u have actuall proof u know like pictures or a letter from the family that we can see