Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

israeli leader hits Palestinian kids with car

acidhead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxZbwGmBQV8

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/145812.html

October, 8th 2010

Leader of Jewish settlers in the East al-Quds (Jerusalem) neighborhood of Silwan has deliberately run over two Palestinian children and fled the scene.

The incident happened during protests that followed the Friday Prayers.

The Israeli car driven by David Be'eri, the leader of hardline Elad organization trying to settle Jews in Silwan, charged a group of Palestinian kids, hitting one boy full on and throwing another off his feet.

The boys, Imran Mansur, 11, and Iyad Gheit, 10, both sustained severe injuries and were rushed to hospital. The incident was recorded by photographers and journalists present on the scene.

The disturbing footage also shows that one of the injured boys resisted efforts to get him into a car and to the hospital. Palestinian youngsters fear getting into strangers' cars because they have seen their friends taken away by Israeli troops on a regular basis.

Israeli intelligence and police have been accused of torturing confessions out of Palestinian children, subjecting them to sexual abuse and removing the organs of injured Palestinians.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• danielost

• Pseudo Intellectual

• Knight Of Shadows

• Black Red Devil

Geez.. what was that Golda Meir quote the israeli apologists often use when describing the situation there?

from the looks of it, i hope isreal has a hit and run law on the books.

Sounds horrible, but we don't know the full story. He claims it was an accident and he was ambushed. I think they've already opened an investigation into this. But, regarding the Golda quote, I hope you know the difference between this guy and the Israeli government, Acidhead.

And couldn't you find a source other than Press TV? For instance, are you sure the “both sustained severe injuries” bit is true? Apparently one of the kids was only lightly injured.

relooking at the video i am not sure if he ran into the kid or the kid ran into him. the kid was running at his car. not sure how fast he was going but if the kid was trying to get hit, he may not have had time to stop. he does stop and then leaves. chances are he left instead of staying so he wouldnt be killed by the protesters.

again if he did hit the kid by accident and the left the scene i hope they have a hit and run law.

i did a stop and go and it does loo like the kid is running at the car, making it almost impossible for anyone to stop before hitting him,

the kids were standing in the middle of the street throwing large stones at oncoming traffic in protest over the killings of 2 palestinian militants. the kid was barely hurt, get over it. stay out of the road if you dont want to get hit dumbass

full video:

http://www.apacheclips.com/media/23182/FULL_video_of_Car_vs_Palestine_kid/

the guy did have a chance to stop from hitting the kid, who was running at him. however, why stop? so that you can get attacked and/or killed by these animals?

Edited by DevilDogPratt

Still, they were only children. I don't know if it's legal or not, but if he intentionally hit those kids, it definitely wasn't moral.

the kids were standing in the middle of the street throwing large stones at oncoming traffic in protest over the killings of 2 palestinian militants. the kid was barely hurt, get over it. stay out of the road if you dont want to get hit dumbass

full video:

http://www.apacheclips.com/media/23182/FULL_video_of_Car_vs_Palestine_kid/

the guy did have a chance to stop from hitting the kid, who was running at him. however, why stop? so that you can get attacked and/or killed by these animals?

animals ??? being a bit racist aren't you ? a bit too much

i wonder if those kids were american or english

that would surely made your point view different about it

the only real animal here is the israeli leader

animals ??? being a bit racist aren't you ? a bit too much

i wonder if those kids were american or english

that would surely made your point view different about it

the only real animal here is the israeli leader

He's not an Israeli leader, and I think DDP's “animals” remark was about stone-throwing, not the stone-throwers' ethnicity. There's no need to see race in everything, KoS.

I've looked at both the videos and it appears to me that the car was parked on the left side of the screen as your looking at it and came across the road to the right side where the kids were standing. The driver could have stayed on the left side of the road as there was nothing to block his way and he would have been gone by the time the boys got into the street. This is a tough call. As to not stopping after he hit them, fear could well be the reason but that doesn't make hit and run right. And if the sexual abuse comments are correct that is immoral in anyone's country.

Edited by susieice

i don't think throwing rocks can be called animals ..

or the rocks can be called animals .. it was clear who he called

animals maybe you outta check his post again

Looking at the video again, the driver pulls out on the left side of your screen, goes to the right side, then back to the left to drive off. I question his motives.

Wow! biased reporting hits the UM boards again!

First - this is not an Israeli leader. He is one of the prominent settlers leaders. But ofcourse, all Israelis are settlers.... :rolleyes:

Second - I've just saw the clip on TV - he was in a death trap! these kids were throwing stone and blocks at him while he was driving. Ofcourse he's gonna flee the scene. He tried to evade them. You can see the boy he was running over throwing a second before a big block at his front shield. Even after he ran over the kids, the others still throw stones at him. Rocks + driving = deadly car accident.

Third - why the hell were there so many reporters? I seriously doubt the "incidentiality" of this event. Many knows he drives around that neigbourhood. The big amount of reporters ready to take pictures is highly suspicious.

But ofcourse, it's a simple case of hit and run... :rolleyes:

i don't think throwing rocks can be called animals ..

or the rocks can be called animals .. it was clear who he called

animals maybe you outta check his post again

Yes, that's what I said. He did call them animals, but I think it was mostly because they were stone-throwers. I just said he [probably] didn't call them animals because of their ethnicity.

I've looked at both the videos and it appears to me that the car was parked on the left side of the screen as your looking at it and came across the road to the right side where the kids were standing. The driver could have stayed on the left side of the road as there was nothing to block his way and he would have been gone by the time the boys got into the street. This is a tough call. As to not stopping after he hit them, fear could well be the reason but that doesn't make hit and run right. And if the sexual abuse comments are correct that is immoral in anyone's country.

I watched a couple of times and didn't even spot that he actually moved ACROSS the road almost directly at the kid. I checked and they drive on the right side in Israel.

How do you seperate the politics from the incident in this case?

Wow! biased reporting hits the UM boards again!

First - this is not an Israeli leader. He is one of the prominent settlers leaders. But ofcourse, all Israelis are settlers.... :rolleyes:

Second - I've just saw the clip on TV - he was in a death trap! these kids were throwing stone and blocks at him while he was driving. Ofcourse he's gonna flee the scene. He tried to evade them. You can see the boy he was running over throwing a second before a big block at his front shield. Even after he ran over the kids, the others still throw stones at him. Rocks + driving = deadly car accident.

Third - why the hell were there so many reporters? I seriously doubt the "incidentiality" of this event. Many knows he drives around that neigbourhood. The big amount of reporters ready to take pictures is highly suspicious.

But ofcourse, it's a simple case of hit and run... :rolleyes:

First, NOBODY in the report or the OP said he was an Israeli Leader so way to go with the strawman.

Second - what "blocks"? Yes, it was a dangerous situation for him but (to borrow from comedian Jasper Carrot) he had to swerve several times before he hit him!

Third - The problem is that we have no context leading up to the incident so it is difficult to judge what is happening.

First, NOBODY in the report or the OP said he was an Israeli Leader so way to go with the strawman.

If you read the title of the thread:

israeli leader hits Palestinian kids with car

I watched a couple of times and didn't even spot that he actually moved ACROSS the road almost directly at the kid. I checked and they drive on the right side in Israel.

How do you seperate the politics from the incident in this case?

I referenced direction as you view the screen. He went completely across the road and after he hit the boys went back to what would be the right side of the road which was clear. If the driver intended to just get out quickly he could have stayed on the right side and been gone in less than seconds without hitting anyone. If I was on the jury, I'd question intention.

I don't know if you will ever be able to separate politics from events in this part of the world. Both sides were on display in this video. Neither were right or moral. It appears to be a free for all.

I referenced direction as you view the screen. He went completely across the road and after he hit the boys went back to what would be the right side of the road which was clear. If the driver intended to just get out quickly he could have stayed on the right side and been gone in less than seconds without hitting anyone. If I was on the jury, I'd question intention.

I don't know if you will ever be able to separate politics from events in this part of the world. Both sides were on display in this video. Neither were right or moral. It appears to be a free for all.

I guessed that you meant left of screen as viewed and not from the driver's perspective. I think we are in agreement on this :).

There was at least one child on the right side of the road. And a cameraman, too. He would've hit someone regardless of which side of the street he took. From the way the car moved, it didn't seem to me he had complete control over it.

Edited by Pseudo Intellectual

If you read the title of the thread:

Nowhere in the original report quoted in the Op does it mention "Israeli Leader". I read the content of the OP and not the headline, I'm a content person. Erikl's specific accusation "Wow! biased reporting hits the UM boards again! First - this is not an Israeli leader. He is one of the prominent settlers leaders. But ofcourse, all Israelis are settlers...." relates to the reporting of the incident.

That said, as you have pointed out, my original response contained a minor factual error that actually does not mitigate the strawman argument put forward by Erikl.

On that basis I apologise and restate it as...

"First, NOBODY in the report said he was an Israeli Leader so way to go with the strawman."

Thanks for your feedback.

Edited by William Rea

Well for one, they were attacking other cars prior to the incident happening.

Secondly: If he intended to hit them why stop immediateley after the boy gets thrown off the car instead of just ploughing on through them, unless he was shocked, shock = surprise = non intentional.

Thirdly: Look where the boys and others are running from, the side of the road he was originally driving on, making his veer to the left an attempt to avoid the boys, not hit them.

Fourthly: He was obviously scared for his life and that is why he fled the scene.

And Lastly: Moving cars, rocks and pedestrians just do not mix.

if someone is throwing rocks at my car i am going to do a little zig zagging hopeing a few miss my car. and as mentioned those protesters kept throwing rocks at him until he left the scene and i would have done so too. the story does state that he does say it was an accident but i dont see it as a hit and run no more, the man was running for his life.

the story also says the boy tried to refuse to go to the hospital, because he didnt want to get in a car with strangers, where were his parents.