Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran attempting to supply WMD to Hezbollah

Erikl

Iran attempting to supply WMD to Hezbollah

Head of MI Research unit Brig. General Cooperwasser tells Knesset Defense Committee Iran may supply WMD to its Lebanese proxy.

Arik Bender and Yinon Keidari

Aman (IDF Military Intelligence) estimates Iran iintends to try and supply non-conventional weapons to Hezbollah. This was revealed by Brig. General Cooperwasser in an intelligence briefing before the Knesset’s Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee.

Iran is known to have chemical WMD, and possibly also have biological weapons. It has also been covertly developing a nuclear program.

The main speaker was OC Military Intelligence Maj. General Aharon Zeevi- Farkash, who spoke about the situation in the PA.

He cautioned against expectations of Arafgat’s imminent demise and the PA’s collapse. "Authorities and nations do not collapse so quickly", he said.

"What happened here was a significant event, a fierce struggle between the new generation that sprouted in Judea and Sumaria and Gaza and those who came from Tunis. To the best of my knowledge, Musa Arafat will continue in his [former] role, and what Arafat pulled was a stunt", said Farkash.

He added, however, that "there is no doubt that what took place a few days ago is the start of serious deterioration inside the PA, evidenced by the transition from chaos to loss of control in the Gaza Strip. Arafat's real fear is that if he doesn't put an end to it, it could spread to the West Bank”.

Earlier, Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz told the Knesset: "Lately, we have been applying a great deal of pressure in many areas against Palestinian terror, particularly against Hamas. This is also true of the leadership. It includes the arrests we make every night and the cutting off of funds that reach terror organizations from Saudi Arabia and elsewhere. I would say, cautiously, that we are seeing a gradual tapering off of terror. This doesn't mean it has ended".

"The motivation is still there", said Mofaz. "Last month, 23 terror attacks were thwarted. I would characterize terrorist activity in two ways:

1. We see more outside assistance – from Hizbullah, the Iranians, and other organizations.

2. 2. There is more cooperatively planned terrorist activity by different groups. We hope to continue the current pressure, despite my references to increased motivation and our sense that the bar for attempted terror has been raised. This is true for both Gaza and the West Bank.

(2004-07-19 19:31:16.0)

http://www.maarivintl.com/index.cfm?fuseac...&articleID=9935

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• Erikl

• Stellar

• Talon

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting. cool.gif

So... when we gonna invade Iran? huh.gif Anyone want to take a guess if or when?

Edited by Talon S.

I wonder... would people still be claiming "Sure sure.. the US says Iran has WMDs... that means they have NON! US says Iran sponsors terrorism... HAH, just another Bush lie."

I wonder... would people still be claiming "Sure sure.. the US says Iran has WMDs... that means they have NON! US says Iran sponsors terrorism... HAH, just another Bush lie."

This this after we invade? huh.gif Maybe... probably

How many people in particular? A few here, or the general public? huh.gif

wonder... would people still be claiming "Sure sure.. the US says Iran has WMDs... that means they have NON! US says Iran sponsors terrorism... HAH, just another Bush lie."

I guess we would be claiming it if we found nothing.

This is an Isreali site btw...

This is an Isreali site btw...

So?

Israel is a democracy like the UK and the US are, and so has free press (with too little to none censorship if you'll ask me...).

Just as anyo, ne else is posting articles from CNN, BBCSky, Times etc., one can post articles from an Israeli newspaper, especially if it's as central as Maariv.

I posted the link on another site and had a bunch of people flaming at me because they say its biased.

I'd like to read this and I'd like to hear what's happening. ph34r.gif

Erikl...if you get any more info. on this, please post it. You seem to have an inside track. I am interested in what you have to say, especially about Hezbollah.

Edited by Babs

Thanks original.gif