Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Death

Asterix

It's easy not to be afraid when there's reason to believe that you should have plenty of time ahead of you. What gives some more to digest in this matter is to visit a hospital, or hospital-like service home for old and sick ppl.

There you meet these sweet old ladys, with the most fashinating life stories and experiences, and every morning they wake up saying: " I had a dream that today I will die, you better call my family"

Point being: when you're old, or sick, and so alone, you do get scared..

To tell these ppl, that yep, the end is near, nope, there's probably nothing waiting for you, your life just ends, doesn't offer them any more peace of mind.

The very basic human instinct is to survive, to stay alive, and as long as one feels that there's no reason to be afraid, we're not. Being scared is normal, getting over it is the harder part. I'm not scared now, like I said before, but I most certainly will be. I just wish I do get over the fear when the end truly comes.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unorthodox Thesis

• CatAstrofix

• Fluffybunny

• earthygirl04

Point being: when you're old, or sick, and so alone, you do get scared..

NO YOU DON'T!!!

YOU DO NOT SEEM TO GRASP THE BENEFITS OF BEING

A CHRISTIAN! NO OLD LADY OR MAN IS SCARED OF DYING

WHEN THEY KNOW THAT THEY WILL LIVE WITH THEIR CREATOR

FOREVER AND EVER!!! death where is thy sting....

death and the grave hath been swallowed up and defeated by

Jesus Christ who is sitting at the right hand of GOD.

And all who do not accep Jesus Christ will perish and not have hope.

IF YOU'RE NOT A CHRISTIAN, THEN I'M NOT SURPRISED THAT

YOU'RE AFRAID..

NO YOU DON'T!!!

A CHRISTIAN! NO OLD LADY OR MAN IS SCARED OF DYING

WHEN THEY KNOW THAT THEY WILL LIVE WITH THEIR CREATOR FOREVER AND EVER!!!

I hope that there is an afterlife just so that I can see the look on your face when things don't go they way you've planned.

Norman: So you are saying the Jews were right?

God: Yup.

Norman: But I dedicated my life to Jesus Christ.

God: Yeah, nice guy...Not my son though, I just gave him a couple of pointers along the way, just like I did with a bunch of others. It was kind of like a game of telephone that got blown out of proportion.

Norman: What about the rapture, my guaranteed spot in the Book of Life?

God: Nope, Sorry...We grade on a curve here. No free passes for anyone.

Norman: Agghhhhh....

FluffyBunny: ***Giggles***

God: I have stated in the past that He is my Son.

Fluffybunny: what?

God: I sent billions of witnesses into the world to tell others.

Fluffybunny: was Norman one of them?

God: Yep.

Fluffybunny: so what now?

God: I'll flip the switch and light the fire.

BTW.... how hot do ya want it?

Fluffybunny: Ah......I don't-

God: I keep telling you, but you don't listen. You labeled yourself

a non-believer and a skeptic, and that is what you will stay.

Fluffybunny: Ouch!

Norman: I am no longer responsible. It was his choice.

Norman Norman Norman...

I am a christian, and yeah, I know all that stuff about living forever and ever...

Are you the kind of a christian who never ever ever question your faith? If you are, well, good for you, but honestly speaking I don't think that's possible.

Like I said, I will be scared, but hopefully I WILL GET OVER IT. OOPS... caps..

anyway... wasn't it the JC himself who cried on the cross, that my god why did you desert me? He was afraid for a while too. Humans tend to be. Christianity doesn't automatically lift you above normal human feelings (and thanks god for that).

If you're able to tell me what a decent christian should be.. well.. what do you think of your right to define that? Even if death was just a passage to the heavenly everlasting life, it still can be scary, 'cause we don't know what happens in dying.

I wonder if I make any sense here now.. well, tried anyway.

All the best for you Norman, remember your blood pressure.

Edited by CatAstrofix

We once rejected God, but He made it possible for us

to choose to love Him as individuals. We no longer have to

be of this world. Now, what God requires of us is:

To Love Him & to Love others.

Perfect love casts out fear, and without faith it is impossible to

please God. with the combination of the two, you MUST be quallified

to be a decent christian. Or child of God. Personally, I also believe

that you DO NOT have to label yourself as a christian to go to heaven.

"christianity" is a religion that follows the Bible to a limited extent.

There is NO religion and never will be which believes the whole Bible.

You can believe in Jesus, but you don't have to be a christian.

Its just a name "christian" big woof!

what i do fear however, is how i will die.

Yeah, I agree, that part scares me too. I often wonder when I die if it would be painful?Will it be from a horrible accident or could I be so lucky as to go in my sleep? Will it feel as if I'm drifting off, like when you are put under for an operation.

Or will it feel as if I'm being sucked out of my body, and will that hurt? Yep. There's alot of questions when it comes to dying, but I just hope it'll be many, many, years before I get to find out!! whistling2.gif

You never know. Nobody is guaranteed another day on earth.

Thanks Norman!!! That's one thing I'm paranoid about!!! blink.gif I know it's true, but I would like to think I'll live long enough to see my grandchildren grow up (btw, I only have one so far). And I want alot of grandchildren!! crying.gif

Well, folks who believe in GOD wll go to heaven.

And everyone else who does not believe in GOD,

or hates someone will go to hell.

Heaven and hell would depend on you point of view. Heaven to you would be hell to me. Hell to you would be heaven to me. If I had to go to heaven and listen to all that preaching that would be hell. I would prefer hell than to worshiping a god that is that cruel.

I guess you can't lose with this, Norman. If you are right and I have to answer to your god, you win. If I am right you have to answer to my Gods/Goddesses then you will be sent back for more learning. You win again. Unless you don't like learning. rolleyes.gif

I don't fear death for myself. I fear it for those I love and care for.

I just found out yesterday that a very dear friend of mine was killed in an auto accident.

The two people I cherished more than my own life were taken from me in the same manor several years ago.

No amount of ritualistic rigmarole will bring them back. No amount of prayer, chanting, reciting, or sanctimonious singing; no matter how many candles I light, or how much incense I burn, or herbs I boil in a pot, or chicken necks I cut; no matter how much I cry and beg and kiss the feet of the statue of any deity, saint or demon; no matter how much pain I feel inside will bring those people back.

They are dead and gone forever. And part of me has gone with them.

Death makes losers of us all.

I don't fear it. I hate it.

I don't really fear being dead -- it's getting there that I have a problem with.

I've read so many NDE stories that I'm not really scared of it anymore. People say that it's just chemical reactions in the brain but I say that's just stupid. Why dissaprove (sp?) the proof? They wanted proof, they got it, and now they say that it's just blah blah blah blah blah....typical.

Note:

(I don't want to start an argument here, I just wanted to say my opinion.)

Personally, I also believe

that you DO NOT have to label yourself as a christian to go to heaven.

"christianity" is a religion that follows the Bible to a limited extent.

There is NO religion and never will be which believes the whole Bible.

You can believe in Jesus, but you don't have to be a christian.

Its just a name "christian" big woof!

I agree with you on that Norman but wasn't it you who said:

NO YOU DON'T!!!

A CHRISTIAN! ...IF YOU'RE NOT A CHRISTIAN, THEN I'M NOT SURPRISED THAT

YOU'RE AFRAID..

You completely failed to see what I was trying to say. To repeat it, and to get back to the subject (which wasn't about what makes a christian) being christian, believing in eternal life after death, doesn't erase the fear of dying. Telling someone that if you are a christian, you can't be afraid, or if you're afraid you can't be a christian is bit simplistic and thoughtless. Fear is natural and instinctive feeling.

I'm not afraid of dying but then again i'm not in a hurry to do so either. I kinda liked a line in Gladiator that goes some thing like "When Death smiles at a man, all he can do is smile back". Makes sense to me.

not afraid of death really...if ya die...ya die end of story....but honestly i wanna live till the earth is destroyed.....just stay 25 for that whole time lol i would wanna see how this world turns out...all the new technology and stuff...then again...i could always just live in Tokyo....

i know i know you would just take friends and life for granted...bla bla bla ive heard it all....just my friends have died...so have my relitives...you never forget em...they will always be there just not physicaly.

i mean havent any of you ever thought what the world would be like after you died? sure you maybe reborn or w/e..but you wouldnt know what happened in the past..unless you learn bout it in history class.

Edited by Anti_girl17

im not scared of dying at all really...actually quite looking forward to it!! (lol, im not suicidal or anything)

i'm not afraid of death. i'm one of the majority of people who fear public speaking more then death.

i'm not afraid of death. i'm one of the majority of people who fear public speaking more then death.

So you are saying that you would rather be in the casket than giving the eulogy?

You know...looking through this thread...there seem to be a lot of people so unafraid of death, they almost seem to be welcoming it huh.gif Personaly, I'm still trying to keep it at arms length...I'm wondering exactly how some of these people would react if actually faced with a situation they might not survive.

i'm one of the majority of people who fear public speaking more then death.

........"majority" you say? huh.gif

Edited by Seraphina

Yep, believe it or not Public Speaking is the worlds' most common fear. Death comes in second..

As for me; while I'm not exactly looking forward to Death, I find it's impossible to exactly fear it when there's so many other things to worry about in the here and now. I can tell you from personal experience that in the instances where my life has been in danger so far, I haven't felt much at all..

It was only afterwards when I had a chance to look at things that a bit of fear crept in. But by then it didn't matter. Of course these were things that all happened pretty quickly. I suppose I might fear Death from a long illness. I think to know you're going to die and can't be cured and to have all that time to wait for it would be pretty freaky..

I suppose I might fear Death from a long illness. I think to know you're going to die and can't be cured and to have all that time to wait for it would be pretty freaky..

I guess that would be life. You know, it's not curable, and every single moment your bit closer to death.

Seriously speaking, knowing ppl with non curable advancing diseases, they still live. They aren't any more afraid than the next person. Disease is something you learn to live with, and quite often it's something that has much more to do with the life than death.

To simply die is not good. For christians who die for what

they believe in is a privilage.

Im not afraid to death just afraid of the way im going to die. w00t.gif

That is true. If one dwells on such things, it

will bring fear. But why do people do this?

I guess it's the limitless human imagination to blame for the horrific scenes we can create in our mind.. I suppose tv and movies doesn't help much either.. the more we know, the more we suffer, the more we imaginate..